Just now, LegendsOfNinjago said:

14th...which is awesome as it marks 10 years of the shows release. 

Could very well be the blurriness of the picture but that looks like a 6 to me :shrug_oh_well: Although you must be right as the 16th is on a saturday next year :tongue:

Im mildly irritated that theres 3 blue lanterns on the left and 2 on the right

Also it looks pretty good, although a bit too similar to ninajgo city for me. Reminds me of MOCS of ninjago city extensions that almost just color swapped ninjago city instead of coming up with new layout ideas. 

The full minifigure list leaked. Young Lloyd is the only new variant we've never gotten from the show and Mechanic the only new character. The rest of the figures are either random civilians, reuses or Legacy versions of past figures. I stand by what I said earlier, the minifigure selection for this set is abysmal. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The full minifigure list leaked. Young Lloyd is the only new variant we've never gotten from the show and Mechanic the only new character. The rest of the figures are either random civilians, reuses or Legacy versions of past figures. I stand by what I said earlier, the minifigure selection for this set is abysmal. 

Lets just focus on the build and not the figures, the build saves the set from the garbage figure selection.

Well, personally I'm fine with the minifigure selection. We could hem and haw about who we wish was included but I like that it includes all six ninja (some in their suits and some in streetwear), plus what seems to be a good mix of secondary characters (Misako, Ronin, the Mechanic, Clutch Powers) and assorted civilians (including the very cute Ice Planet-themed ice cream man).

The new picture also does a much better job conveying the set's contents than the weird angle from the blurry watermarked photo—here you can really see how central the "garden" section is (with a tree growing all the way through the second tier of buildings).

Minifigure selection is weak.

They went overboard with the random people. Should of been characters that we know like Skylor and Pixal. Also reused Legacy 1 Kai and Zane.

yikes

Edited by Gangikhan448

As much as I wanted the set to basically be a Ninjago CMF, I think deep down we all knew that wouldn’t happen. These city sets always come with some civilians that make sense to go with the building, and that’s honestly fine in my opinion as it simply makes sense - a huge building in a populated city should have some regular people to give it life. That said, the main thing that bothers me is the mismatched ninja. I like we’re finally getting little Lloyd, but regardless of that we should’ve gotten all of them as casual. I honestly can’t believe after 10 long years of wanting casual ninja from the show they only gave us half! What’s the point of that? Can’t do much with half of them and having an incomplete set is almost worse than having none of them. I guess with Zane’s modern hair coming out we can make customs, but still it isn’t quite the same. That’s the biggest disappointment for me, the kai and Zane are utterly wasted figures as we’ve gotten those over and over again. Especially Legacy 1 kai, I have a bigger army of him than of any actual armies that have featured in Ninjago. At least the Zane has a titanium head and not the movie one. Clutch powers is also wasted space, he was available quite recently and for pretty cheap. There was no need to make him available again, but oh well I guess, it’s not that bad.

On the bright side, finally we’re getting the mechanic! Also a new Misako and ronin, and the golden wu. They all look great. I do wish we could’ve swapped clutch for skylor (I mean seriously, Chen’s noodles but neither Chen is in the set?), and maybe a civilian for Pixal. Or better yet, someone we’ve never had like Cyrus Borg or Zane’s father. As it is, we’re getting a massive $300 set with only one entirely new character in minifigure form that’s from the show. That’s pretty disappointing. But the set overall is absolutely amazing and I really can’t wait to get it! The build is just fantastic in every section from bottom to top, they really came though with an amazing set.

20 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Lets just focus on the build and not the figures, the build saves the set from the garbage figure selection.

I've given the build a lot of praise so the minifigure selection is also more than worth pointing out

The set looks great, however it definitively should have had more named characters like Dareth, Skylor, and Cyrus Borg.

Also Sensei Wu's dog is a nice callback to his 2015 dragon. Weird choice, but still nice. 

This set is stunning. The build is absolutely beautiful, it has a lot of fantastic details.

As for the minfigures, I love the selection. Like honestly, what more do we need? It's great to get all those new variants. 

Wow. Wow. Wow! What a fantastic looking set. I love the shape of the building & it’s contents look great. Noodle House, Ice cream store, museum. And that minifig lineup! They knocked this set out of the park. I love Urban Jay. And those random citizens look like fun as well, some great prints. 

Between this, Modular, CNY...2021 is starting out with a huge bang! :moar:I want it ALL!

I say this as a very casual Ninjago fan who only owns Ninjago City, Ninjago Gardens is incredible! I think Docks really played it too safe and that’s why I didn’t buy it where Gardens definitely has its own identity. Always a big sucker for Lego tree builds so it’s nice seeing them dominate this addition. Really can’t wait to see the back of this beast. Personally I’m fine with the minifig selection since I don’t have a bunch of these mini figs but I do get the disappointment from the hardcore Ninjago fans. Definitely going to pick this up for my birthday!

Edited by RODDY

I agree the minifig selection is kinda weak. I was fine with getting some civilian figures like in the previous 2 Ninjago City sets, but these ones feel much more generic with a lot of reused prints. The Ninjago Movie civilians had much more interesting designs, with the traditional robes for the old city or the fun modern designs like the pink fish jacket.

On a side note, I find it fun how the Hermione/Ginny 2010 torso was reprinted (albeit in dark tan instead of grey) for Mystake in the Docks and now seemingly the 2010 Harry torso for Jay, just based on how the designs were repurposed for the early seasons of the tv show.

I could care less about mini figs, as I’m purely a Ninjago fan for the City builds. I feel MUCH better now seeing this second picture. The blue lanterns are definitely interesting, but maybe it will make each section of the city feel a little more individualized, like different areas of a major city.

Also, thank god this one is tall, it will help balance the height difference between City and Docks.

Looking forward to building all 3!

EDIT: Am I crazy or does the magazine say $399? I thought this was going to be $299

Edited by Modal

2 minutes ago, Modal said:

I could care less about mini figs, as I’m purely a Ninjago fan for the City builds. I feel MUCH better now seeing this second picture. The blue lanterns are definitely interesting, but maybe it will make each section of the city feel a little more individualized, like different areas of a major city.

Also, thank god this one is tall, it will help balance the height difference between City and Docks.

Looking forward to building all 3!

EDIT: Am I crazy or does the magazine say $399? I thought this was going to be $299

$399 is in canadian

Hey everyone remind me, did Ninjago City ever go on sale? Given this one has the same price tag as the original, I’d expect it to be $499 AUD. Which is still good for the part count but I’d feel like an idiot buying it for that much and then watching it drop to $399 later. I never got the original, didn’t have enough money for it. 

4 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Hey everyone remind me, did Ninjago City ever go on sale? Given this one has the same price tag as the original, I’d expect it to be $499 AUD. Which is still good for the part count but I’d feel like an idiot buying it for that much and then watching it drop to $399 later. I never got the original, didn’t have enough money for it. 

Very briefly before it retired, i got it last year for $209 USD (normally $300)

Edited by chezzymann

It looks waaay better than it did in the first leak. The colors don't look bad at all. Minifigures are alright, Legacy Kai and Zane being reused instead of having.. "Urban" outfits is a little disappointing. And that the Mechanic doesn't have a mechanical-looking arm, like Iron Baron. And that Nya's is her Movie casual outfit except without leg-printing, so it looks worse than the original.

Edited by GarmaFan

15 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

On a side note, I find it fun how the Hermione/Ginny 2010 torso was reprinted (albeit in dark tan instead of grey) for Mystake in the Docks and now seemingly the 2010 Harry torso for Jay, just based on how the designs were repurposed for the early seasons of the tv show.

Pretty sure that isn’t Harry’s torso. The sides don’t align. On his right is a square while the other side is a different shape. It’s not the stripe like on Harry’s jacket. 

Now I feel real pitty that the original NC from 2017 is not available anymore. Sad. I would buy Gardens but it wont work as a standalone set among my modulars.

Edited by Blazej_Holen

Is it just me or does this feel smaller than City? Like, it's about 1000 pieces more, but City feels more... bulky? Like there's more there? idk maybe better pictures or the back will explain it