14 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I know that feeling way too well. Picked up the ice emperor, land bounty Nya, Chen and Clouse, and I am pretty disappointed that island Cole didn't come in any magazines this year. I was really hoping he would show up, but Bricklink it is. (If anyone was wondering, I needed a couple of the island Cole torsos and legs for a custom military) Speaking of which, I have the opportunity to get the jungle dragon or the keepers village set for the same price, roughly £30 UK. To anyone who owns them, which one would you go for? what are the pros and cons? Im quite torn to be honest and I want to spark some discussion on this topic post. 

hell yeah! Cole was a pretty cool design and I was really hoping to get him in a magazine.

I think the dragon has a really cool colour scheme but otherwise it had it's weaknesses. Which is why for the first time since a while, I did not get the seasonal ninjago dragon. I kind of regret not getting the village on sale - just for the figures; mostly Cole and the "main villain". But other than individual parts orders and a polybag with the Lloyd figure I didn't (also for the first time) get any proper set of that wave. Which is fine, as I spent over 200 for the Hydro Bounty and the two dragons :s

Any rumours on what Winter 2022's theme will be? Last year we got underground knights and video games, this year was an island setting and undersea...

You know, 2021's themes are broadly similar to the Mask of Life storyline we got in Bionicle - Voya Nui (island setting) followed by Mahri Nui (undersea). Maybe a swamp theme in 2022 if we follow the pattern with Karda Nui? :laugh:

1 hour ago, Aethersprite said:

Any rumours on what Winter 2022's theme will be? Last year we got underground knights and video games, this year was an island setting and undersea...

You know, 2021's themes are broadly similar to the Mask of Life storyline we got in Bionicle - Voya Nui (island setting) followed by Mahri Nui (undersea). Maybe a swamp theme in 2022 if we follow the pattern with Karda Nui? :laugh:

The set list leaked a while ago. It's in the Lego Ninjago 2022 thread.

27 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

There’s a thread? Missed that….

1 hour ago, Aethersprite said:

from the set list alone it seems to be either a Lloyd or team season, with a kinda generic theme? Either vengestone or fire snakes (snakes again!!) and the sets don’t really give anything away. 2 dragons, maybe an air season but we have land snakes and Lloyds race car. Don’t even get me started on the combiner mech…. I dunno it just sounds really simple and generic. Hopefully the set pics will change my mind.

10 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Yeah I've seen that list, but it gives no indication whatsoever of what the sets will be themed around.

On 10/27/2021 at 2:24 AM, Aethersprite said:

Yeah I've seen that list, but it gives no indication whatsoever of what the sets will be themed around.

Im quite clueless as well. Looks like a weird mix of Legacy and Voltron. And most of all, I don't understand why theres just the same kind of fire snakes - at least according to descriptions. Even if we did get less budget for the villains in the last waves - it would mean we really get almost no budget for them this time - no good sign for ninjago...

3 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Im quite clueless as well. Looks like a weird mix of Legacy and Voltron. And most of all, I don't understand why theres just the same kind of fire snakes - at least according to descriptions. Even if we did get less budget for the villains in the last waves - it would mean we really get almost no budget for them this time - no good sign for ninjago...

Well we know that budget goes towards both sides of the figs, considering that the island figs where pretty good (I just got the keepers village, and Mammatus's headdress/crown is spectacular), and the ninja where pretty detailed for that season as well. New moulds for all the hair/headbands, plus the keepers had some interesting headgear.

With seabound the ninja had pretty detailed suits, and the new moulds for the scuba tanks and masks where crazy. My point is is that maybe the budget is being saved in the first half year so the season in the second half year is amazing, sort of like a + - - + scenario. the plusses represent the island and season 17 (the 2nd half instalment for 2022, with good villain designs because lets be honest, mould wise, apart from the headgear the keepers were nothing to write home about) and the minus represents the seabound and the 1st half instalment for next year, with bad design (re use of moulds and unoriginal ideas. Although, was it ever confirmed that the hydro whippers where in fact snakes? If not, i'm counting them as eels. Although snakes 2 seasons in a row is getting ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Although, was it ever confirmed that the hydro whippers where in fact snakes? If not, i'm counting them as eels. 

Might be misremembering things but the name "Hydro Whipper" was never used in any official material right? They're called Maaray Guards so I assume Maaray is the name of their species, which is really just a lame way to try and justify the head reuse without them literally being yet another group of snakes. 

Edited by lego_guyon02

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Might be misremembering things but the name "Hydro Whipper" was never used in any official material right? They're called Maaray Guards so I assume Maaray is the name of their species, which is really just a lame way to try and justify the head reuse without them literally being yet another group of snakes. 

Why is that lame? I think they work perfectly well as eels. I don't really get why Ninjago fans seem to view part reuse as a bad thing, especially when Ninjago still gets a pretty large number of dedicated molds each year. I was pretty excited to see an old head mold come back in a new two-color blend, especially because using two solid colors was a little bit more effective in my opinion than the brown heads with trans-orange eyes of the Pyro Vipers (which could blend together visually unless they caught the light just right).

42 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Why is that lame? I think they work perfectly well as eels. I don't really get why Ninjago fans seem to view part reuse as a bad thing, especially when Ninjago still gets a pretty large number of dedicated molds each year. I was pretty excited to see an old head mold come back in a new two-color blend, especially because using two solid colors was a little bit more effective in my opinion than the brown heads with trans-orange eyes of the Pyro Vipers (which could blend together visually unless they caught the light just right).

I think reusing parts would be and is great - after all ninjago does it more than any other theme. Just the way it's described, we get only one sort of villain, which is less tempting for me to buy sets (good for my partner though; more space ; ). Even if some waves had less variety, with the island we pretty much just had only one henchman with varying head + head gear pieces. Meaning only one set of torso + leg prints. For Prime Empire we got like 3 leg prints, torso prints for the henchmen figs + a bunch of other more special figures.

No critique from me - my partner will be happy if there's less money + space for Lego. I'm merely noting the change!

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Why is that lame? I think they work perfectly well as eels. I don't really get why Ninjago fans seem to view part reuse as a bad thing, especially when Ninjago still gets a pretty large number of dedicated molds each year. 

I've got no issue with part reuses, I'm just tired of LEGO retroactively retconning more and more snake (or snake-like) factions into the story. We started out with 5 unique and very interesting tribes but since then we also got snake-cultists, a snake pirate, the Vermillion, the Pyro Vipers, the Maaray Guards and now probably either a repeat of the Pyro's or yet another new tribe.

LEGO has proven time and time again that Ninjago can be almost everything you can think of, we've gone from "classical" sets to steampunk, swamps, dungeons and most recently even underwater. The creative freedom this theme has is virtually endlesss so it just becomes annoying how often they return to the concept of evil snakes. It's time for something new.

I honestly don’t get the hate for the snakes. Snakes ARE the main antagonistic force in the series. It’s what people know the show for, it’s just a part of it, and while I appreciate the variety we get sometimes, the fact of it is they’ll always default to snakes eventually because that’s what the line IS. 

People don’t complain when Star Wars introduces a new ____-trooper, retcon or brand new iteration, so how is this any different? Transformers will always have decepticons, ghostbusters will always have ghosts, Star Wars will always have troopers, and ninjago will always have snakes. 

that said, I do wish we had a few more variants for the heads to get mixed around like the original snake tribes had, but I get why they don’t. 

I don’t have a big issue with snakes continuing to be the focus, as long as we get other villains in between. What bothers me more is that some of the more recent figures feel uninspired. The Seabound snakes/eels were all very repetitive and didn’t feel nearly as vibrant as previous factions. And based on the rumors for the next wave, it seems like that’ll be the case again. I prefer the factions with a wider variety of named villains with some aspects of the minifigures to distinguish them, even if it’s only a few different prints. 

8 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

I don’t have a big issue with snakes continuing to be the focus, as long as we get other villains in between. What bothers me more is that some of the more recent figures feel uninspired. The Seabound snakes/eels were all very repetitive and didn’t feel nearly as vibrant as previous factions. And based on the rumors for the next wave, it seems like that’ll be the case again. I prefer the factions with a wider variety of named villains with some aspects of the minifigures to distinguish them, even if it’s only a few different prints. 

Even when figs were not as diverse as in Prime Empire or MoM for example - we always got like at least 2-3 sets of different leg and torso prints. As the Legacy figs are quite undetailed I cann't believe they eat up that much budget. There's clearly a cut in budget for ninjago. I aint complaining - less interesting sets/figs will mean that I can save money for a change ;)

But I would be interested in knowing why the budget has been decreased.

8 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

I think another problem is that they used to at least keep each new group of snake villains fairly different. We started with anthropomorphic snakes, then we got the cultists who were regular humans (which itself was new for Ninjago villains), and then after that was the Vermillion, who were suits of armor filled with snakes. The Pyro Vipers and Eels are by comparison just a lot less interesting, and neither of them have much variation either. 

yeah, tho legos new leak ambassador has me slightly worried. only slightly, it is lego after all. apparently we are getting official pics on November 20th for the sets, hopefully we get leaks before that.

First of all, they were hiring for that position, we still don't know if they've filled it yet. Second of all, the 20th of November date is when official pics were released last year, so it could be before or after that date. Generally, mid November to the first week of December is the range of dates we should see pictures in. Also, keep in mind that those November 20th pics were not of great quality, and did not include all of the sets, so keep your expectations in check as to when and what we'll see. Some minifig leaks would be cool, but given that it's this late in the year and we've seen only one or two, I'm not holding out for much.

On the topic of minifigs, with the new neon green color being leaked today, what do you think the chances are that the yellow on Jay's suit is this new color? I think it would work well with his color scheme, and hopefully leads to Lego using less of the transparent neon yellowish green to represent his powers (to me, it looks horrible as lighting). Maybe we could get some normal parts in the sets as well? I'm honestly sort of excited to see what Lego does with this!

1 hour ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

On the topic of minifigs, with the new neon green color being leaked today, what do you think the chances are that the yellow on Jay's suit is this new color? I think it would work well with his color scheme, and hopefully leads to Lego using less of the transparent neon yellowish green to represent his powers (to me, it looks horrible as lighting). Maybe we could get some normal parts in the sets as well? I'm honestly sort of excited to see what Lego does with this!

Overall, I'm excited to hopefully see that neon yellow/green color become a regular appearance, Coral and Turquoise started quite rare at first but now are pretty much grown into the palette, and a solid neon yellow can certainly do a lot of cool accents for Ninjago, or as accesoires/ghost legs with a contrast color, or even as a snake fig.

I heard some complaints about the transparent neon yellow not being bright enough on those recent 2021 ghost legs, makes it look almost like grey, I know dual moulds are pretty random, but a solid neon yellow might fix some of the brightness at least.

njo644.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

apparently we are getting official pics on November 20th for the sets, hopefully we get leaks before that.

Based on what information?

I don't know where this date of the 20th is coming from either, but regardless we will be seeing them within a month or so. I'm not really super interested in this wave based on the leaks so far, but I'm hoping at least one or two of the sets look good. I know people are tired of mechs but the new one sounds like it has the potential to be great, I hope that one turns out well.

7 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Based on what information?

Based of small YouTuber overlord x, who shows of a slightly sketchy instagram post, however we got pics last year around that time so im fairly confident we will have pics at least by then. As Meadius said, im probably most hyped for the mech, but also the temple. The 3 dragon sets are pretty much a tie for me, and the mini mech has the potential to be quite cool. Lloyds car sounds alright, but I already have the 2018 one. And the ninja training centre sounds like a dud to me but if done right it could be good. 

8 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Based of small YouTuber overlord x, who shows of a slightly sketchy instagram post, however we got pics last year around that time so im fairly confident we will have pics at least by then. 

That was taken from my Instagram from a post I did about things that could happen in November and used the dates that the pictures were revealed last year

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That was taken from my Instagram from a post I did about things that could happen in November and used the dates that the pictures were revealed last year

My apologies, I should have done some research. Either way im excited for the leaks, but my main question is what theme its going to be? I have a feeling that this wave won't have a 'theme' as in season 15 was underwater and season 14 was jungle islands, but may explore regular ninjago as a whole. That would be great!

The chinese new year sets have leaked -  one set has a medevil dress-style outfit for some guy - due to its colour combination of dark red and dark azur I would love to get it somehow and use for an old Nya figure or so.

Also cool to see how they are reusing the ninjago armor pieces again in different colours! those two armor pieces from s8 and from Legacy are available now in quite a few colours!