I hope Lloyd's Legendary dragon is just a legacy NRG dragon. As much of a Nya fan I am. I don't want her back right away. This is Zane in TOE after his sacrifice in rebooted all over again. 

8 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Is it confirmed that there is no modular? I don’t pay a ton of attention to Ninjago (although every single wave looks cool af to me) but did any leaker say that?

Apparently there may be. In the leaked list there was a set names "MBD", but promobricks didn't mention it

By the way I think this wave is not a season nor legacy, which would explain Nya's return and snakes (Lego loves doing snakes in legacy, so I assume that's why)

7 hours ago, Bloquerto said:

Is confirmed this wave is for the new season? Because I find strange the lack of Skylor and Kai centric sets. It has been heavily hinted that both of them will have a great role in the next season. 
Also in the descriptions for the sets there isn't a mention for the main bad guy just snakes (that potentialy could be vengestone snakes because of their colors)

to me this list sounds weird as heck.. So I will wait for pictures or more info to speculate.

No idea, what this can mean for seasons, if there even will be any. Maybe we'll just get some shorts - they already cut down the "winter season" last year.

To me at least, the sets don't sound appealing at all. Almost no women, little diversity, no side characters.

I "broke up" with mechs after Lloyds s11 titan mech. I just have no space for Lego at all anymore - so I have been well-behaved and at least not purchased any mechs since then :pir-grin:

I wonder if these new EVO sets are going to be considered part of the Legacy subtheme. According to the descriptions, all of the EVO sets come with snakes, despite some (maybe all?) of the original versions being from seasons where they weren't fighting the snakes. If so, then maybe this means Legacy is over and these EVO sets are a replacement for them. I guess we should wait for more details but that's what it seems like to me.

19 hours ago, Bloquerto said:

Is confirmed this wave is for the new season? Because I find strange the lack of Skylor and Kai centric sets. It has been heavily hinted that both of them will have a great role in the next season. 

Technically, the Kai and Skylor stuff could be the summer season as that would still fit in with Tommy Anderson’s tweet to Vincent Tong about Kai “experiencing great love in the next year” or something along those lines.

I think the set list as a whole is very interesting. Not good, not bad, just interesting. The EVO stuff all sounds super lame to me to be honest, especially since a lot of those sets sound very similar to ones that have come out within the last few years, especially the Fire Dragon. Another Lloyd Dragon also has no interest to me since I already the Green NRG Dragon, Green Ninja Mech Dragon, Legacy Golden Dragon and the Jungle Dragon (which was shown to be thought of as a Lloyd dragon on the box.) 

The other larger sets are where it gets interesting. The big combo mech sounds very interesting to me. I’ve been wanting a set like that ever since the days of speculating about The Lego Ninjago Movie. It seems like it could be pulled off well but we’ll just have to wait and see. The stuff related to the modular temple also sounds pretty interesting to me. It kinda reminds me of what Lego is doing with their new Hogwarts system. Hopefully the dojo temple is based off the one from the official  Lego website.

I’m not sure what this wave means for Legacy or Season 15 but hopefully answers present themselves soon.

I like the fact that The Training Center and Dojo Temple can be combined, and together they have a full team of ninja + wu, no duplicates.

I got into Ninjago in 2019, and the Legacy monastery set was a good starter as it contained a full legacy team as well.

I wonder if the style is anything like 70728: Battle for Ninjago City somehow

Edited by TeriXeri

23 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

I hope Lloyd's Legendary dragon is just a legacy NRG dragon. As much of a Nya fan I am. I don't want her back right away. This is Zane in TOE after his sacrifice in rebooted all over again. 

I really don't understand this attitude... if you understand that bringing her back is a narrative inevitability for a theme like this, why draw it out? Especially considering she's the most important female cast member, it doesn't really make any sense to fridge her for more than a full season's worth of story. The poor girl has only just gotten her first season where she was the main focus, and it would send a pretty poor message to follow that up with a whole season that takes her out of the picture entirely.

I'm not really going to comment on the new set news because, lacking pictures, many of the details might be misinterpreted or vague. Comparisons to 4+ sets in particular seem like they could be unreliable because AFOLs sometimes have a tendency to sometimes assume something is simplified or made "kiddy" because of a few big parts or a play-friendly form factor—a mistake that could be especially easy to make if working from low-quality images. Combining sets sounds pretty cool, though—it's always fun when different sets are designed to interact with one another.

Edited by Lyichir

16 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I really don't understand this attitude... if you understand that bringing her back is a narrative inevitability for a theme like this, why draw it out? Especially considering she's the most important female cast member, it doesn't really make any sense to fridge her for more than a full season's worth of story. The poor girl has only just gotten her first season where she was the main focus, and it would send a pretty poor message to follow that up with a whole season that takes her out of the picture entirely.

Also, arguably Nya’s return makes more sense than Zane’s. Nya didn’t even truly “die”, she just become one with the ocean. I’m sure the showrunners can come up with a logical way to bring her back, while keeping some lasting consequences, as they did with Zane returning and Cole becoming human again (though I do think that could have been done better.)

All Cole got was a scar that disappeared because of the movie. Nya could get markings that look like what she has in her water form. Maybe amnesia, too. That would get fixed eventually, but it'd be something for a while.

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I guess you have a point there. It just feels like it'll be hard to do so outside of using Nadakhan. (Nya's character pretty much seemed gone when she became one with the ocean. Though I might have to rewatch the finale to be sure)

Maybe the Ninja will solve the mystery around the Vengestone buyer and use a little bit of vengestone to lower the influence of Nya's power until she can control them completely.

Minifigures include Lloyd, Wu, Nya, Cole, Kai and two snakes. There is also a small fire mech and a vehicle for the snakes.

PromoBricks description for the Ninja Dojo Temple, welcome back already Nya

Edited by LemonFlavouredBleach

Anyone wondering why some mainstream sources are not covering the ninjago leaks? Obviously the ninjago based community is covering them, however websites and YouTube channels such as just2good and brick fanatics have not covered the leaks, the latter being particularly confusing as they are coving everything else from city summer 2022 leaks to Disney princess, yet no ninjago? 

So the other day I finally sketched up a concept I'd had for a while... an extended version of the Hydro Bounty using the parts from two sets to fit all four mini-subs!

I'm actually happier with it than I thought I'd be... I'm tempted to try to put it together IRL, but given the price of the Hydro Bounty and the fact that I haven't managed to find any discounts on it means I might ought to wait a while before doing so.

I saw a tweet from LEGO's official account and it seems this September 29th they will reveal some sort of microgame about Ninjago Legacy. Maybe the winter wave sets are from this game.

On 9/24/2021 at 12:24 PM, Bloquerto said:

I saw a tweet from LEGO's official account and it seems this September 29th they will reveal some sort of microgame about Ninjago Legacy. Maybe the winter wave sets are from this game.

For anyone wondering, they didn’t end up revealing a game, but rather an Ideas contest to make a Ninjago-themed microgame. So the new sets won’t be based on this. 

On 10/4/2021 at 1:47 PM, CopperTablet said:

I'm guessing we'll get another Ninjago City expansion once every 2-3 years. 

We can hope. Maybe Cyrus Borg's Tower next time?

I finally received my copy of the Hydro Bounty and have built it!

I'm really impressed with its length and shaping. A part of me still wants to get an additional copy to lengthen it eventually and add room for the other two mini-subs, but even at its base length it cuts a striking figure. And I love all of the ninja in their diving suits!

Looks like the 4 2021 "Epic Battle" sets are retiring at the end of this year.

Thats 71730 - 71733

Source (Stonewars End of Life List & Brickset Launch/Exit listed date)

Edited by TeriXeri

in the last years we got so many rare/expensive figures in magazines - this year unfortunately not a single one of the rare versions.

...but the december version shows we'll get Ronin, from the ninjago city set. Pretty cool as non of the pieces are available on bricks & pieces!

On 10/20/2021 at 8:59 AM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

in the last years we got so many rare/expensive figures in magazines - this year unfortunately not a single one of the rare versions.

...but the december version shows we'll get Ronin, from the ninjago city set. Pretty cool as non of the pieces are available on bricks & pieces!

I know that feeling way too well. Picked up the ice emperor, land bounty Nya, Chen and Clouse, and I am pretty disappointed that island Cole didn't come in any magazines this year. I was really hoping he would show up, but Bricklink it is. (If anyone was wondering, I needed a couple of the island Cole torsos and legs for a custom military) Speaking of which, I have the opportunity to get the jungle dragon or the keepers village set for the same price, roughly £30 UK. To anyone who owns them, which one would you go for? what are the pros and cons? Im quite torn to be honest and I want to spark some discussion on this topic post. 

8 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I know that feeling way too well. Picked up the ice emperor, land bounty Nya, Chen and Clouse, and I am pretty disappointed that island Cole didn't come in any magazines this year. I was really hoping he would show up, but Bricklink it is. (If anyone was wondering, I needed a couple of the island Cole torsos and legs for a custom military) Speaking of which, I have the opportunity to get the jungle dragon or the keepers village set for the same price, roughly £30 UK. To anyone who owns them, which one would you go for? what are the pros and cons? Im quite torn to be honest and I want to spark some discussion on this topic post. 

I own the Jungle Dragon but not the Keeper's Village, so I can't speak to the direct comparison. On its own the dragon is nice, but I doesn't stand out to me as a particularly special when compared against all the other dragons of Ninjago, aside from the fantastic color scheme. I would probably go with the village if for no other reason than that it's quite a bit larger than the dragon, but as I mentioned before I don't have it myself so I can't comment on its pros and cons.