So Uhm, a Ninjago 2022 figure has been found! Not an actual figure, but a rendering off one on a target advertisement, and I have to say, this looks legit. It seems to be exactly the same as the 1:1 scale renderings on boxes sometimes. 1414 falcon fan posted it on Instagram, and it appears to be a new forbidden spinjitzu jay, and damn this looks amazing!

It varies by year but I think it's usually some time in September or October. I do wonder if that figure leaking so early is an indication we may get a set list sooner rather than later, but then again I don't think physical leaks tend to come from the same places as set lists and description.

4 hours ago, Meadius said:

It varies by year but I think it's usually some time in September or October. I do wonder if that figure leaking so early is an indication we may get a set list sooner rather than later, but then again I don't think physical leaks tend to come from the same places as set lists and description.

let's hope because I have no idea where it can go. Either due to leaks or our speculation - the last few waves we were pretty close to the actual content. People guessed after gaming and castle diving that we'd get island and Atlantis stuff. They also guessed Nya being the focus character and even her becoming the water dragon.

But for the next wave I have no clue what scenario they could do. To me I'd think they could so something related with Legacy - like merging legacy with the current seasons. Time travel, old villains returning?

I'd love for them to do something with the first legacy reimagined short.

Not every season needs to have a special setting gimmick. A wave that just takes place in Ninjago would make sense after the past couple years.

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

But for the next wave I have no clue what scenario they could do. 

Something related to the Vengestone buyer could work?

1 hour ago, GarmaFan said:

Not every season needs to have a special setting gimmick. A wave that just takes place in Ninjago would make sense after the past couple years.

I like that idea, but I don't think it's too likely since Legacy already fits that role to an extent. I feel like the last few waves have been among the most unique in terms of themes thus far, and while this is just speculation, it would make sense that they're willing to try more unusual ideas since Legacy already covers the "normal" Ninjago quota. 

As for what we'll get next, I'm also at a bit of a loss. I know space has been suggested a lot, and while I do think it has a decent chance, the existence of Star Wars may be holding that back. Maybe they'll do something with time travel again and have the Ninjas fight dinosaurs or pirates (well, "real" pirates)?

18 minutes ago, Meadius said:

Maybe they'll do something with time travel again and have the Ninjas fight dinosaurs or pirates (well, "real" pirates)?

Sounds like a neat idea but dinosaurs definitely won't happen in 2022 as Jurassic World is coming back strong with a fair amount of sets based on the new movie.

6 minutes ago, Meadius said:

I like that idea, but I don't think it's too likely since Legacy already fits that role to an extent. I feel like the last few waves have been among the most unique in terms of themes thus far, and while this is just speculation, it would make sense that they're willing to try more unusual ideas since Legacy already covers the "normal" Ninjago quota. 

As for what we'll get next, I'm also at a bit of a loss. I know space has been suggested a lot, and while I do think it has a decent chance, the existence of Star Wars may be holding that back. Maybe they'll do something with time travel again and have the Ninjas fight dinosaurs or pirates (well, "real" pirates)?

I didn't consider the Legacy sets coinciding with the gimmick waves might have meant that before. But being that Ninjago is going to continue for a while, I think they'd run out of settings pretty fast if the seasons were like that as long as Legacy lasts.

In the show, there's been a plot involving someone hoarding vengestone in the background for the past couple seasons, and Tommy Andreasen hinted at something involving the police at some point. So, I think whatever comes next will be more grounded.

My personal idea is that the police/mayor of the city has become fed up with the ninjas lack of city defence. Sure they defeated Wojira but they didn't stop the city from flooding in the first pace, an event that probably would have cost hundreds of lives. I think the mayor, (or whoever is in charge) is the vengestone buyer and has been moving the funding from police (stated in the show) and is putting the cash towards vengestone, with the hopes of keeping the ninja contained, like pets or guard dogs. Then they can be free to use the ninja however the city pleases. 

Unfortunately this doesn't line up with the current leak/reveal in discussion. Maybe the vengestone buyer / mayor captures Nya in a cage/box of the stuff like in the dungeons of shintaro and uses her to lure the ninja into a trap? 

9 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

In the show, there's been a plot involving someone hoarding vengestone in the background for the past couple seasons, and Tommy Andreasen hinted at something involving the police at some point. So, I think whatever comes next will be more grounded.

I think a more grounded season is just what the theme needs, especially storywise. It would allow for some character development for the entire team but Jay and Kai most of all, having lost the love of his life and sister respectively, and it could possibly also allow for a somewhat smoother transition from Kirby Morrow to whoever will now be voicing Cole.

I think wherever it goes, the next season or two will have a plot about trying to bring nya back, as well as the vengestone buyer. 

my theory being that the ninja will use some of the vengestone to depower nya to the point where she can control her mind again, while the buyer tries to use it to wipe out all of the elemental powers, or atleast all the ninja’s powers, for good.

18 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Something related to the Vengestone buyer could work?

sure but what scenario? What style?

I would hope for some more classic eastern asian medevil stuff

36 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

sure but what scenario? What style?

I would hope for some more classic eastern asian medevil stuff

This is going to be very fanfiction-like but I've been hoping for another 2-season story: 

Season 1, Legacy themed - the Vengestone buyer turns out to be a front for a secret alliance consisting of past Ninjago villains, their goal: stripping the ninja of their powers and taking over Ninjago. 
Season 2, feudal Japan themed - the alliance succeeded and the ninja are now stranded in the past thanks to the Time Twins. As they look for a way to regain their powers and go back to the present they face off against a group of mysterious ronin (rogue samurai).

My trackrecord for guessing future Ninjago storylines is less than impressive though so none of this is likely to happen at all :laugh_hard:

Next wave of Legacy could be based on Skybound? And there has been the Teapot of Tyranh in almost every season since SOFS. Maybe Nadakhan is the vengestone buyer?

I'm so excited that we have another Ninjago Modular expansion coming to get excited for! I'm assuming it'll most easily connect to Gardens as it's the one still available in retail. Over the past year I have collected all the Ninjago D2C's, including Temple of Airjitzu, but I have yet to build any of them until I design my layout. Hopefully this will add a nice piece to that city :)

I'm assuming those are just his guesses based on the names, but obviously they aren't releasing Season 8 Legacy this early. If they're real, most or all of them seem to be for the show wave.

Edited by GarmaFan

14 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

So some set names and info leaked, and I’m very sceptical. Take a look: 

Just wanted to say I'm not the source of these they were published on a Russian news site I believe. As a casual Ninjago fan I just made some guesses of what sets they could be remakes of if they are legacy but of course they could also be S16 sets :classic:

@Brick Clicker Thanks for the info and for clarifying mate! I am definitely of the opinion that these are season 16. The only legacy set I could feasibly see is the thunder dragon, a legacy remake off jays elemental dragon from sky bound. Every thing else just doesn't make sense. Power mech, we already saw Zanes titan mech. Maybe thats the 4+ mech? Everything else seems like it could fit into seasons 8 and nine, with no season seven sets but its way too early for those themes. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

I don’t know about that video but there’s a different list on Instagram;

Samurai XL Mech, Samurai Dragon, Samurai’s Temple, Kai’s speeder bike and Pixal’s Modified Storm Fighter.

I’m iffy, since it seems weird for them to do what sounds like Samurai X stuff after what happened to Nya last season, and if the new Storm Fighter is Pixal’s then maybe the samurai stuff would be the villains? Not sure I buy it though.

Regarding the above video, it seems more likely given the abundance of ninja vehicles listed (unfortunately), but it’s also unlikely that they’d do another big Zane Mech. I could see a 4+ Zane mech, but . . eh, guess we’ll find out.

3 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I don’t know about that video but there’s a different list on Instagram;

Samurai XL Mech, Samurai Dragon, Samurai’s Temple, Kai’s speeder bike and Pixal’s Modified Storm Fighter.

I’m iffy, since it seems weird for them to do what sounds like Samurai X stuff after what happened to Nya last season, and if the new Storm Fighter is Pixal’s then maybe the samurai stuff would be the villains? Not sure I buy it though.

Regarding the above video, it seems more likely given the abundance of ninja vehicles listed (unfortunately), but it’s also unlikely that they’d do another big Zane Mech. I could see a 4+ Zane mech, but . . eh, guess we’ll find out.

Those seem to be from the user Billand_lego_spy, someone who I have seen before that is notorious for fake leaks, but are usually satire. 

53 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

@Brick Clicker Thanks for the info and for clarifying mate! I am definitely of the opinion that these are season 16. The only legacy set I could feasibly see is the thunder dragon, a legacy remake off jays elemental dragon from sky bound. Every thing else just doesn't make sense. Power mech, we already saw Zanes titan mech. Maybe thats the 4+ mech? Everything else seems like it could fit into seasons 8 and nine, with no season seven sets but its way too early for those themes. 

Yeah it will be intresting to see what they are remakes of if they are legacy but I'm swinging more towards S16 sets maybe now. For my I'm the most curious as to what the modular will be and what they'll do with it at that smaller scale