4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

According to The Brick Fan, the BrickHeadz set WILL be available to purchase separately in July, which is nice (helps to take some of the pressure off).

IF there's stock left. Availability will depend on the popularity of the set.

I'm just excited to order The Temple of the Endless Sea when it's released in a few hours

On 5/26/2021 at 5:37 PM, Exetrius said:

Samurai X Nya looks great, and I'm hopeful that that shield on her torso is printed (decorations on that part have never been stickers)

Seems like I misjudged it... it's the golden 'ring weapon' and a golden hollow stud. Still looks nice, though.

51218800265_0d22c617e5_z.jpg

40490 Ninjago 10th Anniversary BrickHeadz (1) by Luis Baixinho, on Flickr

Edited by Exetrius

According to Ninjawhip Ninjago will be at LEGO Con. I wonder if we'll get one or two sets early... (like MK dronecopter last year)

Expensive weekend!

Managed to get the Hydro Bounty on Saturday early, and picked up the Endless Sea Temple today.
Bounty is looonnnggg. Nice build though and goes with the other Bounty versions nicely.

10 hours ago, Legofania said:

According to Ninjawhip Ninjago will be at LEGO Con. I wonder if we'll get one or two sets early... (like MK dronecopter last year)

Nice

Managed to get the Fire Dragon, Water Dragon and Brickheads from the Leicester Square store. I think Firstborne is actually my favourite of the three Brickheads, he's adorable! 

1 hour ago, Willsy said:

Managed to get the Fire Dragon, Water Dragon and Brickheads from the Leicester Square store. I think Firstborne is actually my favourite of the three Brickheads, he's adorable! 

I should point out that Firstborne is a girl.

7 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I should point out that Firstborne is a girl.

Oops I forgot about that! I'm due a rewatch of SoG and Hunted. 

I got the 2 dragons and the sub-bounty 2 days ago:

- so the wings of both dragons are really nice, high quality fabric. Like actual fabric - I have seen many dragons and ships but I have never seen the cape fabric used that way before.

- one problem with them is though that they might rip easily. Also they tend to fall off more often on their on (from the joints). I don't have any problem but kids won't be too happy.

The money went into the fire dragon for sure. So many specific colours just to make it work. It's almost perfect - the only nonsensical colour choice are many modified dark tan pieces. Easy to replace though and otherwise the best dragon, even beating Lloyds movie dragon by far.

The water dragon on the other hand is much more messy. Its really clear they had only 1 colour for the outside of each of the 4 colours that should be visible. Therefore it's a bit of a mess of colours instead of the nice blend like with the fire dragon. And many of the colours that should not be seen are visible slightly.

But still a really cool dragon - I also like the unique flapping effect. For sure the designer also did Lady firstbourne.

About the Bounty: I never would have thought how much fun the small subs are! I thought it to be impossible but actually it's really easy to close the gaps. There are these new curved pieces from some red Star Wars T-Fighter - I have some from bricks and pieces and replaced the original curved plates - it closes the side gaps at least. And on the top the "gold bar" pieces are fitting as well. On the front, I just replaced the "holder" pieces and angled alternative pieces forward - then there's barely any gap!

Minifigures look also pretty cool - Nya is by far the coolest figure ever. And the scuba helmets don't seem oversized anymore in person. Just Im afraid the rubber pieces will not keep their quality.

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

According to Ninjawhip these new suits for Ninjas that were revealed yesterday at lego.com are 2022 suits. I think it's Legacy, since Nya has suit too

Got myself the fire and water dragons today. Will probably build the water dragon this weekend, just finished the fire dragon and honestly I’m a little disappointed with this one. Out of the 3 dragons I’ve built this year (fire jungle and overlord) this is by far my least favourite of the 3. Build was fun, especially the body... colors are great, wings are cool but would’ve preferred printing on both sides and I like the new head even if I would’ve preferred brick built. Hardly any poseability in the legs and arms though, even less than the overlord dragon from earlier this year. I’m finding it hard to find a pose for it that doesn’t make it topple over because it is very top heavy. Not a bad set but I expected more for $80... that’s on me for being impatient and not waiting for a sale. Also would’ve liked Whyplash to have a white loincloth instead of blue and his original flail weapon from the spinner set but that’s just a nitpick, figures are fine as is but it wouldn’t have hurt if there was another ninja or a few more skulkin (samukai when??). Keen to get started on the water dragon when I have a chance.

12 hours ago, Legofania said:

According to Ninjawhip these new suits for Ninjas that were revealed yesterday at lego.com are 2022 suits. I think it's Legacy, since Nya has suit too

What new suits? Where can they be seen?

13 hours ago, Legofania said:

I think he got excited and jumped the gun. The site's had exclusive sets before.

1 hour ago, Natant16 said:

What new suits? Where can they be seen?

Check in his twitter or insta. Or on S@H in game zone

I have a bit of a dilemma, I was wondering if anyone here owned the hydro bounty and the monkie kid secret HQ set. I have the opportunity to get one, but I’m not sure which. I do not own any monkie kid sets, however I plan to pick up most of the sea bound wave. If anyone has both of these sets, which would you pick? I’m leaning a bit more to the HQ however as I plan to pick up most of seabound, and the bounty is an amazing set anyways, it’s very tricky. Considering that the MK set could retire later this year as well, I am well and truly stuck. I will also ask this question in the MK thread as well as it gears towards both themes. And too anyone who owns the sub speeder as well, can it’s front wheels flip up and down or just down? They flip up in the show but down in the set, and I haven’t seen anyone do it in any reviews.

19 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I have a bit of a dilemma, I was wondering if anyone here owned the hydro bounty and the monkie kid secret HQ set. I have the opportunity to get one, but I’m not sure which. I do not own any monkie kid sets, however I plan to pick up most of the sea bound wave. 

I own neither of the sets but based on the fact you have a strong interest in Ninjago and don't currently own any Monkie Kid sets I'd suggest getting the Hydro Bounty.

18 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I have a bit of a dilemma, I was wondering if anyone here owned the hydro bounty and the monkie kid secret HQ set. I have the opportunity to get one, but I’m not sure which. I do not own any monkie kid sets, however I plan to pick up most of the sea bound wave. If anyone has both of these sets, which would you pick? I’m leaning a bit more to the HQ however as I plan to pick up most of seabound, and the bounty is an amazing set anyways, it’s very tricky. Considering that the MK set could retire later this year as well, I am well and truly stuck. I will also ask this question in the MK thread as well as it gears towards both themes. And too anyone who owns the sub speeder as well, can it’s front wheels flip up and down or just down? They flip up in the show but down in the set, and I haven’t seen anyone do it in any reviews.

I built the Hydro Bounty yesterday - And I completely love it. However it is a pretty bad deal - compared to the usual "big" ninjago thingis I think.

It really reminded me so much of older sets - like anno '2000 sets, because there is no proper structure, a way to hold it without popping off pieces - like the small lanterns, or the "wings".

Also both the main feature (wings spreading) and the mech aren't really that spectacular or useful, when compared to the features of say the Land Bounty or the possession bounty. The MK-HQ not to mention; it has a ton of features and interior. Ironically as I removed the "string" mechanism and found out that operating the function manually on just each side wing works much better and doesn't take away so much space (I built it correctly but it's really not that stable). Seriously I have no idea how this set could be made into a set; as an adult I love it and find good ways to modify and hold it - but kids or people who dislike modding will have issues and get frustrated with it.

That being said, I was aware of these flaws from before getting the set - and I love the submarine anyway just because of it's beautiful design and my obsession with fantastic submarines. Today I spent 6 hours modding it (mech function removed, longer nose more quaters, fluent colour scheme). In this stage its probably my favourite set after the movie Bounty.

So depends - if you really like the design or the idea: then this set is for you.

But objectively I think the MK HQ set is a better deal and a better accomplishment as a set.

Edit: only one thing suprised me: people in reviews said the Sub-Bounty is incredibly long. Not that I complain; I'll save a lot of space but it's not that big. If compared to a SW Star Destroyer - its smaller in lengh and witdth despite the higher price.

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

18 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

This dude is amazing at building Mocs, and he needs more recognition.  And this Borg tower.... it’s beautiful.

Wow, that is impressive... it packs in pretty much all the features I'd hope for in a Borg Tower set!

On 6/5/2021 at 4:10 PM, Lyichir said:

Wow, that is impressive... it packs in pretty much all the features I'd hope for in a Borg Tower set!

that guy has some cool sets

But I doubt we'd get a version like this - the Borg tower is just too specific.

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

Does anyone have any impressions on the Ultra Sonic Raider yet? I'm eyeing it up mainly for Golden Zane as I think the Raider itself is a big downgrade on past iterations, but I was thinking of perhaps modding it to better resemble those versions. 

1 hour ago, Willsy said:

Does anyone have any impressions on the Ultra Sonic Raider yet? I'm eyeing it up mainly for Golden Zane as I think the Raider itself is a big downgrade on past iterations, but I was thinking of perhaps modding it to better resemble those versions. 

I think it’s alright, I’m not a fan of the side sections that split off, but from the reviews (look at ashnflash) it seems alright. It’s definitely a downgrade though. The golden zanes energy head wrap is also trans green due to the gold. I’m debating getting it but I probably wont.