3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

A very detailed analysis!

However, there's definitely even more than that when you go beyond the obvious parts like minifig parts and theme-specific molds. For example, some of the white, dark tan and teal parts from the Catamaran Sea Battle set were new to it and so far haven't even appeared again in other themes. I don't doubt that the summer sets have similar exclusives—for instance, the 4x3 wedge in tan used for the scales on Wohira's (I think? I've been avoiding paying close attention to spoilers) belly is definitely new.

Speaking of that serpent, after both that and the Fire Fang I still can't help but hope that we might get a Legacy Great Devourer at some point. Most Legacy sets have been light on antagonists, and a better version of the Great Devourer than the one released back in 2012 definitely feels possible with how far set design has come.

Oh I would never be able to count the random part recolours. I mostly look at very noticable ones - like when they recolour hair, armor and weapon pieces.

I'm trying to make a statistic (to distract from other things to do ha-) of all new molds for all waves so far. Quite interesting, in "posession" we've had 13-14 new molds...

btw; many german toy stores already listed the summer sets. I hope to pick them up first things in june.
So reviews from people who find sets in the wild should also come in about 2 weeks.

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

47 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Assuming it’s America, I’m not too sure. Probably at least a month,I’m not sure what the stocking situation is like over there. Have you tried checking your local Lego stores and the stock checker?

Yeah, I'm in the US. Unfortunately the two closest LEGO stores are 200+ KM away, across a closed international border, and the next closest is 250 KM away.

6 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

After seeing the hydromechs in the show, or APS suits (I believe it stands for atmospheric pressure simulation), I'm very intrigued to see how they did them in the season. The large aircraft tail piece is way smaller in the show and the large claws are more crab like, looking like they grab stuff rather than cut stuff as the set looks. I was wondering if there was any mods that may make it look better, and I just thought I could buy 2 and put the left shoulder pouldren on the right arm, but then I thought about the other possibility's. A bit like what me and my friend did with the city, we could reverse the mech, and move parts around. I'd be very interested to see what it looks like with 2 claw hands instead of 1, and 2 normal mech hands and shoulders. Cant wait either way for the sets! And I'm definitely going to buy some parts and build my own submersible assault pods, I cant stand there only being 4. Yes, Jay gets a car and Nya gets a dragon but it doesn't feel right. Any other mods any of you would make?

I personally really thought those little pods would merge with the other vehicles and use them as armour. Kind of disappointed that wasn’t the case. I’m tempted to make it so but probably won’t bother; I’m likely going to convert the Hydro Bounty into a troop carrier for my armada and just scrap the pods. Doubt I’ll even get Lloyd’s mech, but Jay’s car has good minifigures and I want lots of the sea snakes so I might get that one and see what I can do with it. 

Not sure if anyone can relate. I don’t usually buy Ninjago and I’ve recently started realizing how much I want from this theme. Basically every year has a handful of sets that I want to buy. Even the original 2011 waves have sets that I really want to add. As of now I don’t own too much in Ninjago and after scrolling through the shop I saw that there are currently a lot of really expensive sets that I want in my collection. Older sets that are retired that I want as well. I really love this theme, the figure designs and set choices. I love this theme. I can’t really be mad I didn’t buy sets before since I’m a young adult who had to prioritize other things besides Lego since I entered adulthood. But wow it’d have been nice to be born into a rich family so I could have collected this and a host of other themes that have come out since 2011 lol.

I have decided that slowly but surely I do want to order every Ninjago set that has peaked my interest. It just sucks that so many interest me. There are even sets I decided I don’t beed but would love for the builds themselves. The figures rarely disappoint either.  I’m in for an expensive future but I’ve decided to officially collect Ninjago. Now I have to pick up the stone, island, and video game sets before they retire lol.

22 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Not sure if anyone can relate. I don’t usually buy Ninjago and I’ve recently started realizing how much I want from this theme. Basically every year has a handful of sets that I want to buy. Even the original 2011 waves have sets that I really want to add. As of now I don’t own too much in Ninjago and after scrolling through the shop I saw that there are currently a lot of really expensive sets that I want in my collection. Older sets that are retired that I want as well. I really love this theme, the figure designs and set choices. I love this theme. I can’t really be mad I didn’t buy sets before since I’m a young adult who had to prioritize other things besides Lego since I entered adulthood. But wow it’d have been nice to be born into a rich family so I could have collected this and a host of other themes that have come out since 2011 lol.

I have decided that slowly but surely I do want to order every Ninjago set that has peaked my interest. It just sucks that so many interest me. There are even sets I decided I don’t beed but would love for the builds themselves. The figures rarely disappoint either.  I’m in for an expensive future but I’ve decided to officially collect Ninjago. Now I have to pick up the stone, island, and video game sets before they retire lol.

super relate to this - basically got back into Lego at the beginning of COVID and Ninjago was one of the major themes I was excited to catch up on; 37 sets later (according to Brickset), my wallet is much lighter but I've caught many of my favorites!

22 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Older sets that are retired that I want as well. I really love this theme, the figure designs and set choices.

If it helps, a lot of older sets pop up on eBay and BrickLink preowned for shockingly low prices at times. I’ve got a couple that way that I missed beforehand. 

1 hour ago, Umbrage82 said:

super relate to this - basically got back into Lego at the beginning of COVID and Ninjago was one of the major themes I was excited to catch up on; 37 sets later (according to Brickset), my wallet is much lighter but I've caught many of my favorites!

Yeah its nice that I made up my mind quickly because the longer I denied my interest in the theme, the higher the aftermarket prices rise. But there is just a lot that I want. In reality its at least 4-6 sets a year some years more some years less but for a theme thats a decade long, plus including the movie sets, its gonna add up. That’s not even taking in mind the other themes that I liked during my dark age. Sometimes I get flustered by how good Lego is at making toys haha.

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

If it helps, a lot of older sets pop up on eBay and BrickLink preowned for shockingly low prices at times. I’ve got a couple that way that I missed beforehand. 

i dunno I always buy sets new and sealed. Basically look for clean closed boxes not sure how preowned stuff would appeal to me.

Edited by cosmic

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

When I got back into Lego I felt a bit ashamed of even looking at ninjago or Elves sets (maybe I thought I look less stupid with a Star Wars box ; ). But they too were good in so many ways. Now, many years later - I bought 2 Harry Potter sets, few small SW sets, CMF's - but other than this I saved both money and space for ninjago.

Most of the sets from some years ago I got on high discount or impulse purchase. I can tell you, I'd be so mad now If I would not have some of those amazing builds.

So the Gold Rush short has actually made me come around on the X-1 Ninja Charger. I think I will pick it up at some point, especially as I want to get all of the golden ninja. I think I'll try and get Kai on his own, however, since I'm not all that interested in the Boulder Blaster. 

11 hours ago, cosmic said:

Yeah its nice that I made up my mind quickly because the longer I denied my interest in the theme, the higher the aftermarket prices rise. But there is just a lot that I want. In reality its at least 4-6 sets a year some years more some years less but for a theme thats a decade long, plus including the movie sets, its gonna add up. That’s not even taking in mind the other themes that I liked during my dark age. Sometimes I get flustered by how good Lego is at making toys haha.

i dunno I always buy sets new and sealed. Basically look for clean closed boxes not sure how preowned stuff would appeal to me.

I missed out on a lot of the 2008-2012 Star Wars Clone Wars stuff because I was a broke college kid and I still thought of the animated Star Wars as bad because of the theatrical release. Now Ahsoka is my favorite character, and the only way to get her older sets (and really any older Star Wars sets at all) at a reasonable price is from clueless eBay + Facebook empty-nesters clearing out their kids stuff, and it can be a really mixed bag. Buying on eBay, I've gotten some sets in basically perfect condition, some multi-ship sets on a discount correctly advertised as missing a half that I didn't care about as much,  and some sets that I bought for parts were advertised as complete but missing the parts I bought them for (in some cases from the same seller who previously had perfect ones so I thought it was a safe bet). But as long as you realize it's a gamble and go in eyes-open, you can get some really great deals in good condition.

2 hours ago, Nemo Eisenfaust said:

For some HD pics of the new sets.

https://www.steinchenwelt.net/Juni-2021__Ninjago

Finally - I was trying so hard to track down proper pictures.

Fire dragon - the complete torso is built upside down with the help of inverted smooth sloaps; like the shang chi dragon.

Bounty: they really did recolour the big airplane hull pieces for the bottom structure. Interesting - I wonder why they didnt' just go for the white ones, that were already available. Would have looked better I think with a white base.

Bounty II: unfortunately no turbine at the back, like in the show. But a lever instead - I wonder what for..
Flick missiles seem to function independent of any mechanism.

Bounty III: Also I wonder where the two craits should be stored?

7 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Finally - I was trying so hard to track down proper pictures.

Fire dragon - the complete torso is built upside down with the help of inverted smooth sloaps; like the shang chi dragon.

Bounty: they really did recolour the big airplane hull pieces for the bottom structure. Interesting - I wonder why they didnt' just go for the white ones, that were already available. Would have looked better I think with a white base.

Bounty II: unfortunately no turbine at the back, like in the show. But a lever instead - I wonder what for..
Flick missiles seem to function independent of any mechanism.

Bounty III: Also I wonder where the two craits should be stored?

Bounty II: I have thought that the lever is to change the position of the missiles.

Bounty III: I have also wondered the same. Has anyone an idea for this?

3 hours ago, Nemo Eisenfaust said:

Thank you for the link! This'll be very useful until Lego uploads the official pics themselves!

For those who are wondering, I'm assuming the lever on the back automatically deploys/retracts the fins that fold out on the engines (which have a sliding mechanism connected with a string piece).

Edited by Lyichir

26 minutes ago, Nemo Eisenfaust said:

Bounty III: I have also wondered the same. Has anyone an idea for this?

I assume you mean Kai and Zane’s crafts from the other sets, since the Hydro Bounty only has enough hull space for Cole and Lloyd’s?

In terms of show accuracy, I wouldn’t worry about it. The pods were never stored in the Hydro Bounty, instead that was two of Lloyd’s Mech in that space. (And I’d be very impressed if anyone could downsize that enough to fit even one of them in there . . damn, sort of want to try it now.) But if it’s just something that you want to do for your own sake . . get a second Hydro Bounty and combine them. Maybe make one that’s twice as long, or twice as wide and with two bays (that’d probably be harder but still doable.)

3 hours ago, Nemo Eisenfaust said:
  • Thanks, this is great! Gotta say, the more I look at Jay’s scuba car, the more I like it. Those initial images really weren’t flattering, and the prominent fins are definitely the worst parts of the build - the main chassis and the turbines in either side look great, and is that Star-Lord’s blaster in light grey used as exhausts? Wow. :wub:

31 minutes ago, Nemo Eisenfaust said:

@Fenghuang0296 I was talking about the two gray boxes that comes with the bounty. Maybe they can be stored together with the Mini Submarines inside the bounty.

I think so. And if I had to guess at their contents, I'd assume that at least one of them (if not both) is meant for flipper storage (there seems to also be a separate rack for three of their helmets/airtanks and clips on the inside walls for their harpoon guns).

2 hours ago, Nemo Eisenfaust said:

@Fenghuang0296 I was talking about the two gray boxes that comes with the bounty. Maybe they can be stored together with the Mini Submarines inside the bounty.

Oh. ‘Craits’ = crates. I thought that was a typo and you meant ‘crafts’. 

5 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Oh. ‘Craits’ = crates. I thought that was a typo and you meant ‘crafts’. 

:laugh: I thought craits was a typo for crates but it could also mean crafts.

I hope we will see some review videos from the bounty soon. The first LAN Member has gotten the Harry Potter Sets therefore Ninjago reviews could also be not far away.

Edit: Here are some 360° Videos of the new sets

Edited by Nemo Eisenfaust

1 hour ago, Nemo Eisenfaust said:

:laugh: I thought craits was a typo for crates but it could also mean crafts.

I hope we will see some review videos from the bounty soon. The first LAN Member has gotten the Harry Potter Sets therefore Ninjago reviews could also be not far away.

Edit: Here are some 360° Videos of the new sets

I have to say, the back of the bounty looks kind of small. I was sort of expecting more space back there. The other sets are pretty cool though, however looking at the submersible attack pods, is that really how har the canopy closes? I was really hoping it would make a perfect seal, but it all looks like it’s about a centre meter open on basicly all the official pics. Not cool!

For a €140 set the bounty does look small imo.

It looks good, but not full-price good.