2 hours ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

Maybe it's supposed to represent all the era's of Ninjago and give us some variant to leave the normal ninja for single packs?

I think it has more to do with wanting to have a variety of different "types" of figures. A pack with three ninja of the same era would be more lore-consistent, but could be repetitive build-wise (especially if all three were fully masked). Samurai X with a different sort of helmet and a non-human dragon adds some variety to the builds within one set, even while sticking with the "BrickHeadz" build style.

If you're hoping for all of the normal ninja in single packs, you might be setting yourself up for disappointment. The BrickHeadz theme has scaled down quite a bit since the earliest days, so getting Ninjago BrickHeadz at all honestly feels like a bit of a miracle. A full assortment of six or more main characters feels like a bit too much to hope for (not that I'd be sad if I were wrong about that!).

EDIT: Actually, looking at the leaks, it is marked "SAMPLE FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY". It's EXCEPTIONALLY uncommon to see leaks of that sort, and means that somebody under strict NDA is probably in big trouble if they get found out (more than usual for merely breaking an embargo, as is the case with many retailer leaks). Being a sample product might explain the odd variety a bit more—the point of a set like this is probably to gain feedback into what "works" and what doesn't with audiences, so offering a wider variety so that they can gauge people's reactions to each different option makes sense. WIth that in mind, it's probably unlikely that this exact set will see a wider release—more likely, the results of whatever testing this was involved in may result (or not result) in different BrickHeadz sets going forward.

Edited by Lyichir

8 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

EDIT: Actually, looking at the leaks, it is marked "SAMPLE FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY". It's EXCEPTIONALLY uncommon to see leaks of that sort, and means that somebody under strict NDA is probably in big trouble if they get found out (more than usual for merely breaking an embargo, as is the case with many retailer leaks). Being a sample product might explain the odd variety a bit more—the point of a set like this is probably to gain feedback into what "works" and what doesn't with audiences, so offering a wider variety so that they can gauge people's reactions to each different option makes sense. WIth that in mind, it's probably unlikely that this exact set will see a wider release—more likely, the results of whatever testing this was involved in may result (or not result) in different BrickHeadz sets going forward.

A lot of these sample sets have leaked over the last year or so though.

7 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Apparently the front part of the Bounty can be detached to form a small mech.

Do you have a source? An image? Where?

11 minutes ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

Check #legoleaks on Insta, you should find it there somewhere. 

Found it! It was hidden behind another picture as a list of rear box arts. Interesting thing to note; the Hydro Bounty almost definitely is not built using a large hull piece! I’m pretty sure it’s those new smooth road plate 5x8 ramps recoloured in white and turned on their sides, which is great!

Edit: sorry, not really related to Ninjago 2021

Edited by Modal

WW:

11 new molds:
Lloyd, Kai, jay hairband piece, main "villain" helmet thingy, "villains" mask piece, amulet, 3 molds for dragon mouth, new accessory pack, Cole's plane windshield

22 recolours pieces:
2 mouth mask pieces, 6 mask pieces from different eras, 1 dark tan straw hat, 2 recoloured armor pieces, 1 bronze cape, 1 white speer, 2 hunted acessory pack, 1 gold machete, new accessory pack is produced in 4 colours,  Zane and Cole's hairpieces

9 printed pieces:
2 printed cloth/sail/wing pieces, 1 printed shield piece, I think 3 printed round tiles, 3 totem pieces

57 new printed figure pieces:
as far as I counted correct its 57 (!) new torso, leg and head prints. Many from Legacy and the 10$ packs.
from the ninjago city set I think its about 9 newly printed pieces, mostly from minifigures, and also here a bunch of recoloured pieces which I didnt count

SW:

8 new molds:
scuba gear - I still don't know if helmet/breathing device are sperate pieces. I also don't know if the belt piece has any function on the back side. So far I would say:
hoodpiece, breathing device piece/scabard, belt piece
Nya hairpiece, Kalmar head piece and tail piece (people said its new, I don't know), new blade element, new dragon jaw piece

15 recolours:
hood piece recoloured 6 times, 1 recolour for Nyas hairpiece, 1 for snakes, 1 for Joker hairpiece, 1 for the manta ray, shoulder armor for Kalmar, Discovery shuttle hull pieces, dragon upper jaw, 2x golden dragon headpieces recoloured for Kai's dragon

25 printed pieces:
12 new toros+ leg prints for each ninja (often they were reusing the leg prints from former waves) and 4 new prints for Nya, 9 prints for sea folk

Interestingly many reuses for the summer wave. Does anyone have numbers for comparisons with past waves?

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Interesting look into the design process for the Hydro Bounty:

Wait, is that a Bionicle Great Sprit Robot face slapped on that mech build I see there? Lol :head_back:

Considering Toothdominoes is also a Bionicle fan, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the intention. 

I agree, its very interesting to see the design process, though Im not sure I like the head. The idea of using it as a sword is incredible, I cant believe that was the original intention! I do love it though! He said he worked on 2 sets, I wonder which is the other set. Ninja sub speeder? 

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

Wait, is that a Bionicle Great Sprit Robot face slapped on that mech build I see there? Lol :head_back:

Considering Toothdominoes is also a Bionicle fan, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the intention. 

I think more likely its based off Gurren Lagann, because he's an anime fan and has built things base on anime.

image.png.571c7e033d872838ec5b3123d22f843f.png

2 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I think more likely its based off Gurren Lagann, because he's an anime fan and has built things base on anime.

image.png.571c7e033d872838ec5b3123d22f843f.png

The idea, yeah. But the concept does show a face very similar to the Mata Nui robot from Bionicle.

10 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Interestingly many reuses for the summer wave. Does anyone have numbers for comparisons with past waves?

can't remember who but i believe it was duckbricks-

it was duckbricks who laid it out; neat read i suppose

3 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

-snip-

Sure is. :) The face on the ship:

https://cdn-eu.anidb.net/images/main/16087.jpg

As well as the face on Zane's mech's torso:

eb90d56c367777d1335b55c54501e11f.gif

But there's no denying he mixed Bionicle in that sketch. 

naja its always hard to pin down; one story influenced the other, which influenced something else together with something entirely different. To me it completely looks like something out of Cowboy Bebop which was surely inspired by some of the stuff mentioned above.

In any case, the hydro bounty looks amazing. Im afraid Im not even questioning if to get it anymore. At least ninjago does get quite good discounts regularly.

I will mod the front though - I think the cleaner, sharper tips looked better. And who know's - possibly I will be able to put an engine room in that part of the ship.

Interestingly enough this ship will be the first Lego set ever, that could actually be used as space craft-carrier. Again - buy two of them and put them together; you will have 4 small fighter crafts inside.

On 5/4/2021 at 11:41 AM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

SW:

8 new molds:
scuba gear - I still don't know if helmet/breathing device are sperate pieces. I also don't know if the belt piece has any function on the back side. So far I would say:
Nya hairpiece, Kalmar head piece and tail piece (people said its new, I don't know), new blade element, new dragon jaw piece

15 recolours:
hood piece recoloured 6 times, 1 recolour for Nyas hairpiece, 1 for snakes, 1 for Joker hairpiece, 1 for the manta ray, shoulder armor for Kalmar, Discovery shuttle hull pieces, dragon upper jaw, 2x golden dragon headpieces recoloured for Kai's dragon

25 printed pieces:
12 new toros+ leg prints for each ninja (often they were reusing the leg prints from former waves) and 4 new prints for Nya, 9 prints for sea folk

What about Water Dragon Nya’s tailpiece recoloured from Hidden Side’s Nehmaar Reem?

39 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

What about Water Dragon Nya’s tailpiece recoloured from Hidden Side’s Nehmaar Reem?

ah yes - it's different colouration as the hidden side one!

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

ah yes - it's different colouration as the hidden side one!

No worries, sorry to be that guy who spots the one anomaly. Thanks for the great comparison list anyway.

2 hours ago, Lucarex said:

No worries, sorry to be that guy who spots the one anomaly. Thanks for the great comparison list anyway.

no offense - I like to be correctet; if its about statistics even more ;)

...but we will find out the true number of recolours only after release anyway.

It seems the scuba masks consist of two pieces; a breather and a hood. You can see Lloyd wearing the breather with his normal hair/headband piece in the Hydro-Bounty box art.

Solid wave of sets overall! Would’ve liked to see more interior space in the bounty, but the ability to dock multiple mini-subs more than makes up for it. Looking forward to picking up at least a few sets from this wave.

On 5/4/2021 at 6:41 AM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

WW:

11 new molds:
Lloyd, Kai, jay hairband piece, main "villain" helmet thingy, "villains" mask piece, amulet, 3 molds for dragon mouth, new accessory pack, Cole's plane windshield

22 recolours pieces:
2 mouth mask pieces, 6 mask pieces from different eras, 1 dark tan straw hat, 2 recoloured armor pieces, 1 bronze cape, 1 white speer, 2 hunted acessory pack, 1 gold machete, new accessory pack is produced in 4 colours,  Zane and Cole's hairpieces

9 printed pieces:
2 printed cloth/sail/wing pieces, 1 printed shield piece, I think 3 printed round tiles, 3 totem pieces

57 new printed figure pieces:
as far as I counted correct its 57 (!) new torso, leg and head prints. Many from Legacy and the 10$ packs.
from the ninjago city set I think its about 9 newly printed pieces, mostly from minifigures, and also here a bunch of recoloured pieces which I didnt count

SW:

8 new molds:

15 recolours:

25 printed pieces:

A very detailed analysis!

However, there's definitely even more than that when you go beyond the obvious parts like minifig parts and theme-specific molds. For example, some of the white, dark tan and teal parts from the Catamaran Sea Battle set were new to it and so far haven't even appeared again in other themes. I don't doubt that the summer sets have similar exclusives—for instance, the 4x3 wedge in tan used for the scales on Wohira's (I think? I've been avoiding paying close attention to spoilers) belly is definitely new.

Speaking of that serpent, after both that and the Fire Fang I still can't help but hope that we might get a Legacy Great Devourer at some point. Most Legacy sets have been light on antagonists, and a better version of the Great Devourer than the one released back in 2012 definitely feels possible with how far set design has come.

Edited by Lyichir

After seeing the hydromechs in the show, or APS suits (I believe it stands for atmospheric pressure simulation), I'm very intrigued to see how they did them in the season. The large aircraft tail piece is way smaller in the show and the large claws are more crab like, looking like they grab stuff rather than cut stuff as the set looks. I was wondering if there was any mods that may make it look better, and I just thought I could buy 2 and put the left shoulder pouldren on the right arm, but then I thought about the other possibility's. A bit like what me and my friend did with the city, we could reverse the mech, and move parts around. I'd be very interested to see what it looks like with 2 claw hands instead of 1, and 2 normal mech hands and shoulders. Cant wait either way for the sets! And I'm definitely going to buy some parts and build my own submersible assault pods, I cant stand there only being 4. Yes, Jay gets a car and Nya gets a dragon but it doesn't feel right. Any other mods any of you would make?

56 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

After seeing the hydromechs in the show, or APS suits (I believe it stands for atmospheric pressure simulation), I'm very intrigued to see how they did them in the season. The large aircraft tail piece is way smaller in the show and the large claws are more crab like, looking like they grab stuff rather than cut stuff as the set looks. I was wondering if there was any mods that may make it look better, 

The show mech's claws look to be using these https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=15362&idColor=115#T=C&C=115

Apologies if this is the wrong topic, but do we have any idea the frequency with which they restock sets / when Ninjago City Gardens is likely to be available again?

Assuming it’s America, I’m not too sure. Probably at least a month,I’m not sure what the stocking situation is like over there. Have you tried checking your local Lego stores and the stock checker?

12 minutes ago, elfprince13 said:

Apologies if this is the wrong topic, but do we have any idea the frequency with which they restock sets / when Ninjago City Gardens is likely to be available again?

Edited by a guy from somewhere