All the talk about the Temple really makes me wonder what we could've gotten if this set was just a temple (or maybe the Merlopian capital or something) and there was like an additional set similar to the Oni Titan focusing solely on Wojira. 

Edited by lego_guyon02

7 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

All the talk about the Temple really makes me wonder what we could've gotten if this set was just a temple (or maybe the Merlopian capital or something) and there was like an additional set similar to the Oni Titan focusing solely on Wojira. 

That would have been more preferable. 

Overall I think the new wave is pretty decent. I really like the water dragon and the new bounty is actually much better than I was expecting. The Temple is decent but I wish the structures were all one piece. The two smaller vehicles are both okay, nothing crazy though. Kai's Dragon is pretty good except for the head, which kinda ruins it for me; it's just comically small. The Raider is definitely the worst of the three, which is a shame. 

I'll probably just get the Water Dragon and Lloyd's mech, maybe the Temple but it depends what else I want later this year. I think the biggest disappointment with this wave is the generic baddies. I actually like the design, but the fact that all of them are identical is just ridiculous. I just don't get it, would it really have been hard for Lego to make one more design without using any new molds? It's just a shame, but the rest of the minifigures look good so it doesn't totally ruin it.

15 hours ago, The Stud said:

???

My overall opinion on the wave is pretty positive. I see a lot of people complaining about prices, but in my eyes, the sets in this wave still give an excellent value and Ninjago is still the Lego theme that gives you the best value for your money. I even like the new Legacy sets better than I did with the prelims. 

-The Juniors sets obviously aren’t anything to write home about, though the Kai motorcycle actually looks like a pretty decent build.

-Kai’s Fire Dragon and the Ultra Sonic Raider are pleasant surprises. The build for the Fire Dragon is different from Firstbourne for me to justify it, though the minifigure selection is incredibly weak besides Golden Nya. The Ultra Sonic Raider is still kinda weird looking but it’s still a decent build. I think it’s weird that this set comes with Golden Zane and regular Zane, which happened with the Anniversary Harry Potter sets too. I honestly hope these are the last sets to come with the Legacy 1 figures though; I think we are all sick of them at this point and Kai has officially came in 17 sets now.

-Lloyd’s Hydro Mech is a nice enough looking mech. I haven’t decided whether or not I’ll pick it up yet.

-Ninja Sub Speeder is a mediocre retread of the Jay Walker One, which is one of my least favorite Jay vehicles. An easy pass for me personally.

-The Water Dragon, however, is absolutely gorgeous. There’s not a stud (haha) in sight on the entire build and the build is so wonderfully shaped. The minifigure selection is pretty good and NRG Nya is already one of my favorite Ninjago figures yet. Easily one of the sets I’m most excited for this summer.

-Temple of the Endless Sea is probably the only set that I like less now that I’m seeing official pictures. It still looks good, don’t get me wrong, but I’m a little less impressed by the build. It’s still a unique Ninjago temple and I love Ninjago playsets, so I’ll most likely still pick it up.

-The Hydro Bounty looks really good! I appreciate that it comes with all of the ninja and even more minifigures on top of that. I also love that manta ray chariot! I’ll try to pick this set up this summer but might end up waiting on it.

Overall, a pretty good wave! I’m looking forward to seeing what comes next, especially based off what I’ve heard happens in Seabound. 

Yeah I know, I'm just not interested in NRG Nya that's all!

Also, Wojira looks like a statue rather than a sea serpent...

A couple of pictures have come out that show the general product images, yet still not on Lego.com, but damn that bounty is loooooooong! Can’t wait for it! Overall, I’m looking to get this entire wave of seabound. If I had to put them in order, best to worst, I’d go hydrobounty, ninja sub speeder, water dragon, hydromech and finally the temple. I know it’s an unpopular opinion but I don’t have infinite wealth, and to be honest the only things that interest me in the set are the good guy stuff. Wojira dosent look anything like she did in the show, with completely off proportions but I am a fan of all the other temple builds. It’s just expensive and I can probably get the figs on bricks and pieces. But if I do get the chance, I’m definitely gonna see if I can get the temple once ive gotten everything else. I haven’t gotten an entire wave since hunted, my favourite season of all time so to say I’m hyped is an understatement!

26 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

A couple of pictures have come out that show the general product images, yet still not on Lego.com,

Know where?

The temple does have clip/bar connections on the sides so it can be connected to it's own modules, just wonder how big it ends up.

11 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Know where?

3 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

The temple does have clip/bar connections on the sides so it can be connected to it's own modules, just wonder how big it ends up.

There's pics on lego leaks that show the temple connected, plus there's pics in videos such as HFmasters ranking video.

Skip to 3:55 for the temple pic and 7:40 for the bounty pic. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

8 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

There's pics on lego leaks that show the temple connected, plus there's pics in videos such as HFmasters ranking video.

Skip to 3:55 for the temple pic and 7:40 for the bounty pic. 

You can also find the pictures if you search for the instructions of the sets on lego.com. And you can find them on brickmerge.de when you search for the sets.

3 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Oh I hadn't noticed, that's neat. I still wish they'd just made it one structure, but I'm sure that someone will come up with a mod that uses all of the pieces.

The new wave looks great, the one set i don´t really like is Jay´s Submarine Car thingy. That looks just weird. Do the sets contain the Scuba Gear AND hairpiece of the minifigs that come with the sets or do some sets have Ninjas with hairpiece and some with scuba gear.

Also, has someone checked which sets one needs to buy to have all figures with as few doubles as possible?

And what the heck are those weird boxy things that are in the Minifig Lineup in the Hydro Bounty?

9 minutes ago, badchriss said:

The new wave looks great, the one set i don´t really like is Jay´s Submarine Car thingy. That looks just weird. Do the sets contain the Scuba Gear AND hairpiece of the minifigs that come with the sets or do some sets have Ninjas with hairpiece and some with scuba gear.

Also, has someone checked which sets one needs to buy to have all figures with as few doubles as possible?

And what the heck are those weird boxy things that are in the Minifig Lineup in the Hydro Bounty?

The box things in the bounty look to be like a robot thing for master wu, though I don’t get why they didn’t just include him instead of putting these 2 things in. I’ve seen people compare them to the sea mines the bounty drops in the show but they look nothing like them. Most sets include just scuba helmets, but the bounty has kai jay and Lloyds island hair for some reason. I’ll get to work on a chart for the figs. Edit: if you just want the ninja, the bounty is your safest bet as it comes with all 6.

Nya in her scuba suit only comes in the bounty, but if you don’t want to get the bounty, then there’s not really any way to get about buying all the figs. The bounty comes with all the suits, the temple comes with Benthomar and scuba Kai, the water dragon has NRG Nya and zane, the mech has Lloyd (obviously) and the speeder car has Cole and jay. Not really many options for doubles. There are 3 kalmaars, 8 Maraay guards, 2 Zanes, 2 Kai’s, 2 Jays, 2 Cole’s, 1 scuba Nya and 2 NRG Nya’s and finally 1 Benthomar and glutinous. Bounty comes with all 6 ninja, and the temple has glutinous, Benthomar and another kalmaar, so the bounty and the temple of endless oceans is probably your best bet. Lego’s putting all the good stuff in the expensive sets again :hmpf_bad:.

Edited by a guy from somewhere

16 minutes ago, badchriss said:

Bounty and Temple.

2 hours ago, badchriss said:

Only the Bountu has hairpieces for the ninja, and not all of them, Kai and Lloyd at least, possibly Cole and Jay but I’m not certain.

Also you can get the whole character lineup by getting the Bounty and Sea Temple; Scuba Nya is exclusive to the Bounty and Glutinous and Benthomaar are exclusive to the Temple, and the whole ninja lineup is in the Bounty. That way you’ll only have duplicates of Kalmaar and Scuba Kai. (And the generic sea snake soldiers but those are massable minions, not named characters.) (The Mech and car only have Lloyd, Jay and Cole respectively, and more generic serpents, while the dragon has NRG Nya, Zane, Kalmaar and snakes, all of which are also in the Bounty except NRG Nya who’s in the Temple.)

11 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Apparently the front part of the Bounty can be detached to form a small mech.

A mech? I knew it could detach from that disassembled shot but a mech? This set just keeps getting better and better! How did you find out?

Never mind I found it! that looks amazing! It also looks like the speeder cars transformation isn't as good as it was in the show, and it has a little vehicle that can come off the front like a drone. 

OH MY GOD what did they do to the ultra sonic raider? It has the same feature as the stealth raider it seems but the 2 side pods detaching....... I'm not a fan of that look. 

The bounty and USR are awesome! 

The Bounty: Front turns into a mecha and reveals a 6-stud launcher! And it can also store two of the mini-subs included with a lot of the sets!

Raider: It's basically a remake of both of the Ultra S Raiders! It has the aesthetic of the original, but it splits into four!

We're getting new ninjago brickheadz!!! There's pictures of a 3-pack floating around including Golden Lloyd, Samurai X and the Firstborne. Hopefully we get Kai, Jay, Zane, Cole and Nya in these as well, and maybe a Sensei Wu and green Lloyd as well.

That’s a really strange selection... none of them are in the same season together and it’s been years since firstbourne has had anything to do with the show. It’s also interesting to note that we’re getting more and more brickheadz sets that include three or more instead of individual figures, I guess they sell better that way?

8 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

This has gotta be the most disjointed BrickHeadz pack LEGO has done so far *huh*

Maybe it's supposed to represent all the era's of Ninjago and give us some variant to leave the normal ninja for single packs?

Just now, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

Maybe it's supposed to represent all the era's of Ninjago and give us some variant to leave the normal ninja for single packs?

It's still a very strange selection though: 

- Golden Lloyd was only a thing for a little over 1 season so something more recognisable like his original green robes would've been far more logical. That said I can see why they included him in this version. 
- Nya is far from the most popular character so it would've made sense to put in someone more loved from the ninja theme. That said I'm glad they put her in as I love her character. The variant is once again rather strange as her original Samurai X armor from way back in Season 1 is arguably more recognisable. 
- Firstbourne is the most questionable inclusion of the three by a landslide. Her character played a rather small part in the 9th season and.... that's pretty much it besides a glimpse here and there. Why was she included over all the other iconic characters Ninjago has to offer? And if they really wanted to include a dragon why not one of the far more iconic ones? 

It's a solid pack and from what little I can see the characters look great but this is definitely a very confusing and rather disjointed range of characters/variants.

50 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:
  Hide contents

So with the potential of no more nya in possible future waves. I've been looking at her outfits from the show to see if I can make minifigure variants. And of them. 3 of them I think can be done. But wanted to ask. 
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ninjago/images/5/54/Nya75.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/353?cb=20210406152610
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ninjago/images/9/9c/Pink_kimono_nya.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/698?cb=20210203203256
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ninjago/images/9/9e/Ninjago--(Ep.89-2)--5’27”.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20200610173251

Are there actual versions of these 3 outfits? (Pretty sure the pink kimono doesn't exist but wanted to ask anyways) (Just wondering about torsos and legs. As I can get more nya heads and hair.

pictures don't show up.

1 minute ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

pictures don't show up.

Yea just ignore. I asked in the minifigure section as that's probably the best place to ask.

I'll fix the images in case though