Wow, speechless. Definitely the best episode of the soft-reboot and up there alongside all the other great seasons. Never expected them to did what they just did. 

Holy crap. 

Spoiler

Episode 15: Wow. After the ninja take cover in a building, Wu sets the bounty on auto pilot. Its nice to see the bounty actually be used in battle, and not get destroyed for once. The hydro bounty is practically AWOL at this point. The music is amazing, really goes with the stunning battle, Nya definitely is the greatest part. Jays small arc with swallowing water is pretty realistic as well, but holy cow, I was not expecting Nyas ultimate form to look like that! After drawing out the water from jay, she mouths ' I love you' ,then powers up and goes after the king. She does a great job, and I love the battle on top of Wojira. 9/10, absolutely amazing. 

Episode 16: So, the final showdown. A tense battle between Kalmaar and Nya leads to Nya getting destroyed, and Jay fly's into a rage with Wu's staff, and fights of Kalmaar. Benthomar saves Jay, and breaks kalmaars staff. He looses control of Wojira, and she fly's into a rage. One of my complaints was Wojira didn't really feel like a real character, but that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. So Kalmaar actually does become captain calamari! Im not sure if Kai is gonna have a scuba suit, but Cole had one in the sets and it was never see in the show. Strange. Nya is also the water dragon, whoever had that theory, I tip my hat to you. After they have the fight, Nya gets 'destroyed' again, and regenerates with the water. She strikes a final blow against the wave amulet, completely wiping it off the face of the globe. After the serpent is destroyed by the imbalance of lightning, now that the wave amulet is gone, Nya comes back to the team and says her goodbyes. After, Nya seems to dive off into the sea. After a service at the monastery, we see a shot of Nya swimming off into the distance, before fading to black. "In honour of Kirby morrow" also comes on the screen, its great to see them hovering Kirby in that way. I think this was the best way they could of handled the ending, with Nya not really being dead, however not really alive either. I personally would have killed her off for good, to give that last emotional kick that Ive wanted since hunted and SOG, but it being a kids show, I guess it was necessary. I guess we can also say this is the first season where we get to see it before the sets as well, which is pretty cool. An incredible end to an incredible season. R.I.P Kirby morrow, and well done to the writers. What a season! 

Edited by a guy from somewhere
Didn't catch a part in the episode, thanks to @MasterofElements for telling me.

11 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Hide contents

One thing that i've never really liked about Nya is the fact that even though they had a relationship, Nya never said that she loved jay. She kissed him, hugged him, but never said the words in the entirety of the show. I dont really care much about the shipping part, but I remember this from a tweet from Tommy responding to a fan who said that Nya has never said that she loved jay. This would of been the perfect time, but alas, no. 

Right before Nya heads off into the sea to become the living ocean, she mouths "I love you" to Jay, who is still in his water coma.

Edited by MasterofElements

1 minute ago, MasterofElements said:

Hide contents

Right before Nya heads off into the sea to become the living ocean, she mouths "I love you" to Jay, who is still in his water coma. [/spoiiler]

Damn, didn't pick that up! Thanks for the heads up, will change the post from before. still waiting on those set pics though, this is getting ridiculous! 

Do you guys think we'll get Gripe in one of the sets? 

Spoiler

A small bit of consistency I love: Ronin can be seen in the crowd during Nya's funeral, standing right next to the commissioner. Meaning Ronin is most likely still in cuffs with the commissioner functioning as his ''babysitter''.

7 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Do you guys think we'll get Gripe in one of the sets? 

I hope so, it would be nice to get the merservants. I'm kinda bummed we didn't get much of a look at the actual merlopians. These set pics had better get found soon. 

14 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Hide contents

A small bit of consistency I love: Ronin can be seen in the crowd during Nya's funeral, standing right next to the commissioner. Meaning Ronin is most likely still in cuffs with the commissioner functioning as his ''babysitter''.

COME AGAIN???

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? *oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2*

(I don't watch the show)

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

COME AGAIN???

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? *oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2*

(I don't watch the show)

Spoiler: 

Spoiler

Nya sacrificed herself to destroy Wojira. She's not dead, but not living. Somewhere in-between I think. "She is one with the sea". Its pretty clear though that the team know they probably won't be seeing her again.

Spoiler

Farewell Nya. You were my favorite character :cry_sad: May your name live on in the oceans. (Yes I know she's not dead. But she's still gone.) And unless we see her in next years wave. This is technically Ninjago killing off a main character.

Wow. Just wow.

Spoiler

Thank the anyone involved (including the fandom) for this amazing show. I got into it because I wanted that cool Samurai X figure from season 4, back when I didnt even have Lego anymore. Then out of curiousity I started watching some s4 episodes and was hooked at how well written everything was. I get only a small amount of all sets but I have every Nya figure since season 4. She is to day my favourite character from how she is written in the show to her robe designs.

This season was by far not perfect but it was good. And the ending was so reminiciant of ghibli movies - not that there wasn't obvious inspiration before.

I will for sure have to get the water Nya now. Just to me personaly to honor Kirby Morrow, this scene, this great writing and possibly the sacrifice. I hope she does appear in the water dragon set but I will get her no matter how expensive the set is.

Now I can only imagine 3 reasons why they "did" this:

- Either they wanted something powerful to get a response from fans so that the show might be continued (as its not just in our speculation but also in reality always on the verge of being cancelled) and can resolve this. But I don't think it's this, because then they would have rather made a cliffhanger.

- this I think is most likely: Nya's voice actress might be retiting, for whatever reason. And this was for sure the best way to write her out of the show. If they ever want her back, they can use a different voice actress for the "changed" Nya.

- another reason is because they might plan on ending the show and this sets up the way. We still have the vengestone-buyer to be revealed.

As much as I love cruel endings in this case I am too weak. I hope we get the old Nya back. If not, for sure I will save a lot of money as most of my sets are ninjago.
If the show does continue without Nya - I am sure we are in for some changes. 100% some more female main characters.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, it's really nice to see so many old characters in this scene (and this whole season, actually), and even some with new models - Skylor, Ed, Edna,  (really enjoyed how they used their Movie redesigns for clothes, not so much Ed's hair colour). I had to rewatch that scene multiple times, and I spotted a Chima beaver!

Damn.... I hope they'll include these in the set

Spoiler

African Funeral Dancing Coffin Guys Lego - Meme - Shut Up And Take My Money

Edited by Robert8

Spoiler

Man. Was not expecting that. Might this mean other female characters like Skylor will show up more? Or other side characters too? I hope so, if not only because I missed out on an Akita figure and she's expensive on bricklink. 

Spoiler

I mean, Nya's probably coming back (full disclosure, I haven't seen the episode yet.)

2 hours ago, 0Marty0 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, it's really nice to see so many old characters in this scene (and this whole season, actually), and even some with new models - Skylor, Ed, Edna,  (really enjoyed how they used their Movie redesigns for clothes, not so much Ed's hair colour). I had to rewatch that scene multiple times, and I spotted a Chima beaver!

Spoiler

It's a bit silly, but I'd unironically like it if they somehow worked Chima's status as one of the realms into more than a recurring cameo, there's some plot points they could get from that. Most kids watching the show probably don't even remember Chima anyways, so they could probably do it if they wanted. Not sure about the budget for more characters though.

Edited by Natant16

Reminder to use the dedicated ninjago: masters of spinjitzu topic to discuss this one; i don't want to play mod but remember what the point of this topic is

Glad these are finally revealed! My thoughts on each of the sets: 

Lloyd's Hydro Mech
I like the concept of the set but it looks a bit too skeletal on some parts while others (the right shoulder mainly) look way too bulky. I also think the cockpit comes up a bit too high but that doesn't look too bad. Minifigures aren't anything to write home about so this set will be very easy to skip. Price is good. 

Ninja Sub Speeder
From the very beginning when we saw the prelims I wasn't a huge fan of this vehicle but seeing what it's role is in the show just solidified the fact that I'm not a fan of it. Also feels a bit overpriced.

Water Dragon
I would've liked the wings to be a bit bigger but other than that this is a fantastic set and I'm glad they included NRG Nya as well! I do however feel like 70 euro seems a bit much looking at the amount of stuff you're getting, I might pick this up but only if I see it at a good discount.

Temple of the Endless Sea
Though I prefer the show design for Wojira over the set version I still really like the way she looks and the temple itself is just gorgeous. Really glad to see some sidecharacters like Bentho and Glutinous included in this set. The price seems decent enough but I wouldn't mind seeing it a bit lower than 100 euro. 

Hydro Bounty
From the moment we saw the prelim for this set I was lukewarm on it and the show didn't really do much to change that. It's a visually striking set but it doesn't really attract me personally, though it's great to have at least one set where all ninja show up. Price once again feels a bit on the high side. 

4+ sets 
Honestly really don't care about these. They're nice for the younger fans.

Ultra Sonic Raider
Massive downgrade on the original model if I'm gonna be honest, really not a fan of the shaping here. At least it's nice to see them include another Serpentine remake with Mezmo. 

Fire Dragon Attack
While the figures are honestly garbage I love how Flame looks in this set! This is exactly what I want to see from a dragon around this pricepoint, great stuff. Price seems about right.

Quick extra thoughts: I'm really disappointed neither Maya nor Gripe were included in any of the S15 sets.

Huh. Something looks off about Flame to me. I’m not sure I’m a fan of that. The Ultra Sonic Raider’s just rubbish. 
Promobricks has more pictures? Hold on.

Okay, so it looks like Lloyd’s Hydro Mech actually doesn’t have an alternate build of some kind? In that case, it looks really weird with that giant hull shoulder. Meh to Jay’s car, just another ninja vehicle. 
The Hydro Bounty is awesome, really hope the interior lives up to it. Also I still can’t tell whether or not it uses a big floating hull piece, does anyone want to weigh in?

The Temple’s a bit of a mess but still gorgeous, and I’m definitely picking it up. And I also like the water dragon, but it’s a bit samey  with the other dragons in the past - I’m getting really sick of that same tail feature. Undecided whether or not I’ll get the dragon, depends on budget I guess. Pleasantly surprised that special Nya comes in two sets though!

1 minute ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

The Hydro Bounty is awesome, really hope the interior lives up to it. Also I still can’t tell whether or not it uses a big floating hull piece, does anyone want to weigh in?

There are definitely a number of larger parts used in the Bounty's build but I'm confident there aren't any of those big hull pieces.