new episodes are out!

Spoiler

Episode 11: 

Great to see the duo of Nelson and Antonio back, the battle with Kalmaar is pretty cool, Ray gets a bit of development by actually caring for his son at points, though not much. 

Antonio saves Kai, thats cool but not too interesting, and I love all the ice cream names used. I guess this is where that tweet from Tommy came too. But the most interesting thing in my opinion was when Kalmaar listed off the things Antonio could be, going through serpentine, ninja, elemental master, Oni and vermillion. But something else was mentioned too, something called a mystic? Now its either a reference to next season like the Milton dyer video game in the land bounty (season 11) or it will be like Metalonia, a place that is mentioned multiple times through out the show but we know practically nothing about. Its not even marked on the map I don't think. Either way its cool to see all the call backs to past seasons, we even see Unigami at one point. Anyway, its cool, might have a future reference. 

Episode 12: 

Now this was good, it starts of with the story of Nyad(?), and shows us the backstory of ninjago, what it was like before and how the keepers went to war. We get to see the first rendition of NRG Nya as well, and it says that Nyad(?) also had to make a sacrifice she could not recover from. The battle between the ninja and the Merlopians was nice, and suitably funny. The hydro bounty entrance was sick, and Nya rode one of the Wales as Nyad(?) did in the tale. After that, it was pretty cool to see shintaro yet again, it is basically perfect for what the ninja where trying to accomplish. Sadly, the amulet was the fake. Cant wait to see what captain calamari does now with his new giant sea serpent! 

8 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:
  Hide contents

But something else was mentioned too, something called a mystic? Now its either a reference to next season like the Milton dyer video game in the land bounty (season 11) or it will be like Metalonia, a place that is mentioned multiple times through out the show but we know practically nothing about. It's not even marked on the map I don't think.

Spoiler

The mystic could also be simply referring to sorcerer's of some kind, like Fungus from the Lowly/Upply. As for Metalonia, it's located in the southern tip of Ninjago.

7 hours ago, Legofania said:

Okay, now I'm starting to think that you may be right. I checked last year's date and Hidden Side, for example, was officially revealed 3th May

3th? :tongue:

But yeah, Lego announcements aren't always the same. The main thing you can rely on, more or less, is that when things are revealed via press release, they don't usually overlap those on the same day. But of course a lot of the time in the past, official pics have also come from retailers before any sort of "official" announcement.

counting the other 4 from the Island we basically have 16 episodes already but no sets :pir_laugh2:
...and from descriptions (which I didnt read) I assume 8 episodes left. Would be a total count of 24 episodes.

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

new episodes are out!

Hide contents

Episode 12: 

Now this was good, it starts of with the story of Nyad(?), and shows us the backstory of ninjago, what it was like before and how the keepers went to war. We get to see the first rendition of NRG Nya as well, and it says that Nyad(?) also had to make a sacrifice she could not recover from. The battle between the ninja and the Merlopians was nice, and suitably funny. The hydro bounty entrance was sick, and Nya rode one of the Wales as Nyad(?) did in the tale. After that, it was pretty cool to see shintaro yet again, it is basically perfect for what the ninja where trying to accomplish. Sadly, the amulet was the fake. Cant wait to see what captain calamari does now with his new giant sea serpent! 

Spoiler

The thing is: they always play with out expectations. Actually quite a few characters died in this show but if they don't plan on drastically changing something in the show - like the character dynamic or ending the show soon, I don't think they could "kill" Nya off.

What noone mentioned so far: Antonia and Nelson would make pretty good apprentices in future seasons!

3 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

counting the other 4 from the Island we basically have 16 episodes already but no sets :pir_laugh2:
...and from descriptions (which I didnt read) I assume 8 episodes left. Would be a total count of 24 episodes.

Hide contents

The thing is: they always play with out expectations. Actually quite a few characters died in this show but if they don't plan on drastically changing something in the show - like the character dynamic or ending the show soon, I don't think they could "kill" Nya off.

What noone mentioned so far: Antonia and Nelson would make pretty good apprentices in future seasons!

Spoiler

Considering Kalmarr has both amulets now. How can they pad that out across 8 episodes? We already got the filler episode about Benthomarr. Though oddly no 2D anime episode yet. Maybe they're planning on the finale being Anime?

6 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

There's no episode descriptions, the sixteenth is the last.

my bad. Then the pictures I saw were already counting the island episodes.

Well, 4 episodes to be released; aka 40 minutes and 2 "proper" episodes. The episodes release always as two-pack anyway.

...and still no sets....

On 4/26/2021 at 5:15 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

Gonna jump onto the Titan mech appreciation thread, absolutely stunning build, and pretty decent pose ability. My only qualms are with how stable the ankles are, they have a hard time holding the mechs position sometimes and don’t have much rotation. The knees are great, the head is amazing, and the fold out sword and the massive shoulder pads are simply incredible design wise. Figs are amazing, but unfortunately as said there isn’t many. Deep stone zane looks phenomenal, jay is amazing, and the 2 ghosts are pretty decent. Not as good as 2015, but still good. I’d definitely recommend it, especially if you dabble in a bit of MOCing as well to fix some issues. I’ve personally gotten rid of the big shurikin and replaced it with another sword blade, and covered the cockpit a bit more. It’s about the same size as the Firestone mech and slightly shorter than the Lloyd Titan mech. If you are into big mechs in any capacity, definitely go for it!

hell yeah; got mine last week and damn if it isn't good. love that the knees open up a range of poseability and, unlike the lloyd mech, means the thing doesn't need completely immobile legs to stand up perfectly; the knees if anything are a solid proof of concept that you can have even more stable legs with the knees. aesthetically it's phenomenal and i love the techniques put in use here. pieces are great too: i've gotten maybe 3 sets in the past 4 years before getting this one and almost all of them don't have very many new pieces (lloyd's titan mech was sent for free and i suppose it's got a couple nice slopes); but finally getting more shields, 1x1 brackets and those slick 1x2 rounded plates really helps a ton when you need to moc something up

and speaking of which wip alt build (he started life as a rhino but the blade has since been removed)

image2.pngimage0.png

Edited by Pirean_Grammaticul

29 minutes ago, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

hell yeah; got mine last week and damn if it isn't good. love that the knees open up a range of poseability and, unlike the lloyd mech, means the thing doesn't need completely immobile legs to stand up perfectly; the knees if anything are a solid proof of concept that you can have even more stable legs with the knees. aesthetically it's phenomenal and i love the techniques put in use here. pieces are great too: i've gotten maybe 3 sets in the past 4 years before getting this one and almost all of them don't have very many new pieces (lloyd's titan mech was sent for free and i suppose it's got a couple nice slopes); but finally getting more shields, 1x1 brackets and those slick 1x2 rounded plates really helps a ton when you need to moc something up

and speaking of which wip alt build (he started life as a rhino but the blade has since been removed)

image2.pngimage0.png

Wow, now that is an impressive MOC! 

New episodes are out as well!

Spoiler

Episode 13: Pretty boring, not much happens, Glutinous has betrayed Kalmaar, Jay and Nya break a dance machine, and we see what actually happens between Kalmaar and Nya underwater. But the best scene in my opinion is the invasion, when the giant wave rolls into the city. Some how they get warning messages to play on a damn arcade machine, but hey, kids cartoon. We even get to see those little submarine pods. Overall, pretty decent.

Episode 14: Holy crap this is literally my new favourite episode. The action, the vehicles, the giant freaking sea-serpent controlled by a deranged octopus. Its just amazing. I love the city scenes, the sub pods and the bounty. Not sure what happened to the hydro bounty though. The sub speeder doesn't do much, it has a cool scene at the start of the episode, then it rescues the brown ninja and a couple of tourists, and finally gets destroyed by Wojira. Not even an episode. Lloyd uses the hydro mech, and for some reason the ninja arn't wearing diving suits whilst piloting the submersible pods. Its not like they're going into battle against one of the most dangerous beings on the planet :sarcasm:. I get the feeling that Kai's scuba suit doesn't even exist in the show, just in the set. If thats the case though, where is digi-Zane? Either way, an amazing episode that packs a lot of action!

Wow so action packed!

2 Great Episodes but why are they wearing their normal suits instead of the scuba suits in their marine vehicles?

4 minutes ago, Gangikhan448 said:

Wow so action packed!

2 Great Episodes but why are they wearing their normal suits instead of the scuba suits in their marine vehicles?

I agree! The animation is phenomenal. I did not expect Seabound to be this good. The final two episodes come out tomorrow. I'm nervous  

Hope we get at least on anime esc episode. I don't recall if Prime Empire had one. But every other season minus the Island had one. 

And I feel like they could really showcase a good final battle fight scene in the Anime style.

Finally 2 good episodes instead of just 1! Can't wait for episodes 15 and 16!

8 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Hope we get at least on anime esc episode. I don't recall if Prime Empire had one. But every other season minus the Island had one. 

And I feel like they could really showcase a good final battle fight scene in the Anime style.

Personally really glad we're not getting any this season. I consider the anime episodes to be among the worst episodes of the entire Ninjago franchise.

34 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Finally 2 good episodes instead of just 1! Can't wait for episodes 15 and 16!

Personally really glad we're not getting any this season. I consider the anime episodes to be among the worst episodes of the entire Ninjago franchise.

They don't even look like anime, they just seem very cheap and ugly looking to me, but I understand everyone has their own cup of tea. If they were animated like the recent short, then it would be another story, but I doubt they have the budget for that.

the story of nya may be our "animated episode" of the season but also i've liked the 2d eps; last of the formlings kind of lacked overall but absolute worst was a blast and dungeon party was a lot of fun as a he man parody and a good way to flesh out the side cast. 2d animation costs a ton and sun creature studios are clearly made up of talented folks but i'd bet making those 3 minutes cost a fortune

1 hour ago, Natant16 said:

They don't even look like anime, they just seem very cheap and ugly looking to me, but I understand everyone has their own cup of tea. If they were animated like the recent short, then it would be another story, but I doubt they have the budget for that.

I think saying that we will get more episodes with the cut to 10 minutes, this wasn't just never true (only s11 had more screen time overall then former seasons) but also much of the content was produced as cheap as possible. I still enjoy any ninjago content I can get - but overall its sad of course. Looking at the recent "golden" special - it's crazy how good things could be.

Does anyone happen to have Temple of Airjitzu built in Stud.io? Would save me a ton of time if someone has already built it

If we don't get them today this will be the first time in Ninjago's 10 year run where an entire season has aired before we've seen the sets.

7 hours ago, Modal said:

Does anyone happen to have Temple of Airjitzu built in Stud.io? Would save me a ton of time if someone has already built it

Download the LDD file and just import it

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

If we don't get them today this will be the first time in Ninjago's 10 year run where an entire season has aired before we've seen the sets.

damn it they did good job not leaking anything this year.

Or is it a bad job, cause nothing gets promoted?

For Star Wars so far not a single figure leaked

for Mavel and ninjago around 6-7 figures.

For ninjago at least we have ok pictures. For he other themes nothing as of yet.

Damn it Lego I want to stop refreshing instagram every 5 hours :pir-laugh:

Van der Meulen have started to add the summer sets to their website, looks like today’s the day folks! Honestly though, I kinda want them to be revealed tomorrow so the entire season goes before the sets are even seen, but hey, who knows? Either way, I’m excited!