I’m surprised at how many people are confused here and elsewhere tbh. It’s called Ninjago: REIMAGINED. And, they’ve stated several times that it’s mostly a non canon or “canon if you want it to be” thing, with one exception apparently. Probably the wu and time twins one.  So while this could surely inspire a season of ninjago, it’s not canon for certain right now. I loved it though!! Makes me want to write a full story in this world about getting the ninja back and what happened and all

On 4/23/2021 at 6:10 PM, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

This is some dark stuff! So much darker than S.O.G. and Hunted. And I absolutely love it! The art style completely nails the atmospheres with some return to feudal roots. Yep, this something I've always wanted modern Ninjago to be.

Though I know that this is a reimagining, but it would be really sick if this is some hint on the future stories or seasons of Ninjago in the coming years.

To be honest, this is one of the things that really bothers me about Ninjago's current state. Sometimes certain seasons try to get darker and more mature, but as soon as they are done with that particular season, they go back to being childish and immature. For a show that has ran for this long, this is pretty embarrassing. If you want to create a mature show that older audiences can take seriously, then stick to it. But if you want to create a childish kid's cartoon, again, stick to it. Constantly mixing those two up over and over again is really starting to annoy me. :facepalm:

It feels to me that every time the show takes a step forward in being more mature, it takes three steps backwards very soon afterwards. :sceptic:

Edited by Lego David

20 hours ago, Lego David said:

To be honest, this is one of the things that really bothers me about Ninjago's current state. Sometimes certain seasons try to get darker and more mature, but as soon as they are done with that particular season, they go back to being childish and immature. For a show that has ran for this long, this is pretty embarrassing. If you want to create a mature show that older audiences can take seriously, then stick to it. But if you want to create a childish kid's cartoon, stick to it. Constantly mixing those two up over and over again is really starting to annoy me. :facepalm:

It feels to me that every time the show takes a step forward in being more mature, it takes three steps backwards very soon afterwards. :sceptic:

I completely agree with this. 

Spoiler

Trimaar's death was one of my least favourite parts of that episode. It was one of those things that should feel dark but didn't IMO. It had great potential but it just felt way to childish. I just want a truly dark season, on par with season 8 and 9. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

Those seabound sets come june 1st dont they?

so pics should be here in a few days. Possibly in the following week.

Hey exactly last year the pics revealed, also any news on ninjago season 15 and legacy sets, has anybody seen them ... guyon2002?

Edited by Fire-Ninja

On 4/24/2021 at 10:49 AM, Lego David said:

To be honest, this is one of the things that really bothers me about Ninjago's current state. Sometimes certain seasons try to get darker and more mature, but as soon as they are done with that particular season, they go back to being childish and immature. For a show that has ran for this long, this is pretty embarrassing. If you want to create a mature show that older audiences can take seriously, then stick to it. But if you want to create a childish kid's cartoon, again, stick to it. Constantly mixing those two up over and over again is really starting to annoy me. :facepalm:

I absolutely agree with this too. The first seven seasons at least kept a consistent tone while at the same time becoming more modern with each passing season. The next two seasons were taken to the next level so the tonal shift was definitely welcomed. But yeah, most seasons after those either went off-tension or regressed into childishness, the characters barely felt like characters anymore. I get that the writers are trying to forge a new path for this era but they kept missing the mark. The first nine seasons (and MotM) feels so rewatchable even if you've grown up. The rest indeed feels like something you just can't take seriously. And I agree that it does get very annoying when this happens to beloved characters as the maturity just kept shifting.

Master of the Mountain was unexpectedly pretty good as it showed that the current group of writers do have the potential to make decently competent seasons despite some of the characters' regression and it also brought out some hope (for me) that maybe the writers did learn from their blunders with Season 11 and 12. Sadly, the Island and the current Seabound (on the episodes that's aired) shows that MotM may just be an exception.

On 4/24/2021 at 10:52 AM, a guy from somewhere said:

I completely agree with this. 

Reveal hidden contents

Kalmars death was one of my least favourite parts of that episode. It was one of those things that should feel dark but didn't IMO. It had great potential but it just felt way to childish. I just want a truly dark season, on par with season 8 and 9. 

Spoiler

If you meant Trimaar's death (Not sure if you're referring to a future episode, as I didn't want to get spoiled with descriptions of future eps), Yeah, I didn't like that part either. All I'm thinking when watching that was it's just a recreation of Vader's death scene from The Return of the Jedi just for the sake of it. It never felt dark in any way.

And it's not just that part either. The whole "dire" situation of Jay being desperate to power the bounty just falls flat. I would kinda feel the heaviness of the situation if Nya and Maya was in actual deep trouble to the point of nothing that can be done. But both were pretty much handling themselves fine and they literally busted out before the bounty was repowered. Trying to bring in some dark tones with some forced direness while also trying to keep the lightheartedness will just pretty much clash awkwardly resulting in neither being achieved.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

Just now, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

I absolutely agree with this too. The first seven seasons at least kept a consistent tone while at the same time becoming more modern with each passing season. The next two seasons were taken to the next level so the tonal shift was definitely welcomed. But yeah, most seasons after those either went off-tension or regressed into childishness, the characters barely felt like characters anymore. I get that the writers are trying to forge a new path for this era but they kept missing the mark. The first nine seasons (and MotM) feels so rewatchable even if you've grown up. The rest indeed feels like something you just can't take seriously. And I agree that it does get very annoying when this happens to beloved characters as the maturity just kept shifting.

Master of the Mountain was unexpectedly pretty good as it showed that the current group of writers do have the potential to make decently competent seasons despite some of the characters' regression and it also brought out some hope (for me) that maybe the writers did learn from their blunders with Season 11 and 12. Sadly, the Island and the current Seabound (on the episodes that's aired) shows that MotM may just be an exception.

Hide contents

If you meant Trimaar's death (Not sure if you're referring to a future episode, as I didn't want to get spoiled with descriptions of future eps), Yeah, I didn't like that part either. All I'm thinking when watching that was it's just a recreation of Vader's death scene from The Return of the Jedi just for the sake of it. It never felt dark in any way.

And it's not just that part either. The whole "dire" situation of Jay being desperate to power the bounty just falls flat. I would kinda feel the heaviness of the situation if Nya and Maya was in actually deep trouble but both were pretty much handling themselves fine and they literally busted out before the bounty was repowered. Trying to bring in some dark tones with some forced direness while also trying to keep the lightheartedness will just pretty much clash awkwardly resulting in neither being achieved.

Trimaar, sorry forgot about that :laugh:. Yep, agree with all of your points completely. Must change that post before. Any news on the set images? I've heard next week being thrown around, but thats pretty obvious. I just really want to see HD pics of all of these sets in their glory, yet still nothing. Not even any minifig leaks. Im getting impatient again...

16 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Trimaar, sorry forgot about that :laugh:. Yep, agree with all of your points completely. Must change that post before. Any news on the set images? I've heard next week being thrown around, but thats pretty obvious. I just really want to see HD pics of all of these sets in their glory, yet still nothing. Not even any minifig leaks. Im getting impatient again...

Been frequently browsing #Legoleaks and yeah, still nothing. It's still just Harry Potter and R2D2. I definitely want to see that Temple and Water Dragon in full HD glory too! As I really want to know if it's possible for Wojira to be outfitted with both Amulets.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

5 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Hide contents

And it's not just that part either. The whole "dire" situation of Jay being desperate to power the bounty just falls flat. I would kinda feel the heaviness of the situation if Nya and Maya was in actual deep trouble to the point of nothing that can be done. But both were pretty much handling themselves fine and they literally busted out before the bounty was repowered. Trying to bring in some dark tones with some forced direness while also trying to keep the lightheartedness will just pretty much clash awkwardly resulting in neither being achieved.

There's also positive things - like someone mentioned the side characters which show us a 3rd person perspective on the ninja. A bit world building etc. And yes, MoM was really good.

I feel like all of this is just the result of some higher ups not wanting to put more ressources anymore into this then necessary. They see Ninjago as a toy commercial instead of the art that it was and should be.

I still think it is art - the trainer character, the car racer character from Prime empire or the backstory of Wu in s11 - there are some really good moments still.

But what you mentioned about Jay is the best representation of the problem: they put in some dramatic action scene that has no effect on the story overall. I thought if Jay would have been hurt in a way and it would have eliminated the character for a while, or raised the stakes by having him need medical treatment and put Nya into a position where she can be bribed by Kalmar-villain guy character or anything. But the same with Lloyd in the current episode. Almost something happen but then again basically anyone was fine.

I still enjoy seeing these lovely ninjas or even new characters. But it has been quite shallow since season 10 I think with an exception of season 13, which was almost completely pretty awesome.
But Im not complaining. It's weird something like the 9th season ever came out. It's a bit like the Clone Wars from Star Wars. I was never a big fan but I can grant that it had sometimes genious writing, (good) dark stories and great animation. But it was never profitable in that way. It was just some people putting money into art. And you see with Elves or the hidden side that Lego is not willing to produce a proper TV show anymore.

I just noticed that there's a character in the temple set, with a golden spear. Wonder if it's Benthomaar, that'd be awesome

17 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

The change of writers after season 9 was so painfully obvious. Ever since the Hagemen Brothers retired from writing the show, the series has bee going downhill for me. Sure, we do get the occasional good season like MotM, but pretty much everything else kind of falls flat. Whether that is because the writers don't take what they're doing seriously, or maybe the higher-ups don't take it seriously and don't give them the resources they need, but something still feels wrong. 

55 minutes ago, Lego David said:

The change of writers after season 9 was so painfully obvious. Ever since the Hagemen Brothers retired from writing the show, the series has bee going downhill for me. Sure, we do get the occasional good season like MotM, but pretty much everything else kind of falls flat. Whether that is because the writers don't take what they're doing seriously, or maybe the higher-ups don't take it seriously and don't give them the resources they need, but something still feels wrong. 

Im sure the writeres - while may not being as talented as the Hagemen brothers - would and could do a lot. But the higher ups don't let them.

Proof to me are some of the videos posted some pages back; like plans they had for prime empire; the inclusion of Jays mother. Prime empire, like s11 were seasons with a lot of potential - but many points in the story felt like - they had no point! The super fast endings or the cause of the overall plot.

But episodes and budget were cut and apparently writers were told not to include stuff that relates too much to former seasons. MoM was supposed to include a scene in the end where a statue of Cole was constructed. How sweet would that have been, not that Kirby Morrow has passed? It would have been a scene but there was no budget for animation; as was stated in a video some pages back.

It all reminds me on Futurama - when they brought the series back at some point; they cut the writing staff in half and they cut the time for production. So jokes were more flat, episodes not as well written, etc. Cynical cooperation people win the day, as always.

Im sure the staff wants to work (for less episodes/less seasons they will also get less money) and they also seem quite passionate about their work. Look at Tommy Anderson and the voice actor of Zane - they all seem very passionate about their work.

I wonder if this supposed budget cut may be a result of The Lego Ninjago Movie not performing to expectations? Sure we did get SoG and Hunted after that but they would have already been in the works a year or two prior to the movie's release. The theme and show were essentially rebooted just over a year after the movie released, so that timeline would work out. 

I'm also curious if Legacy is eating into the theme's (and therefore the show's) budget. 

Edited by Willsy

1 hour ago, Willsy said:

I wonder if this supposed budget cut may be a result of The Lego Ninjago Movie not performing to expectations? Sure we did get SoG and Hunted after that but they would have already been in the works a year or two prior to the movie's release. The theme and show were essentially rebooted just over a year after the movie released, so that timeline would work out. 

Huh, I never thought of that before. But now, thinking about it, it does make a lot of sense. The Ninjago Movie and seasons 8 and 9 would have been developed separately, so the 1 year delay before the series reboot does make a lot of sense. 

And here we have a it again, another great series ruined by a corporation that lost confidence in it. If LEGO continues to intervene too much into the show's development, cutting budget and not letting the creators properly do their thing, I wouldn't be surprised if Ninjago ended within the next few years. 

43 minutes ago, Lego David said:

If LEGO continues to intervene too much into the show's development, cutting budget and not letting the creators properly do their thing, I wouldn't be surprised if Ninjago ended within the next few years. 

I don't think it will affect the Ninjago theme much but it might kill the show :def_shrug:

Guys, is it really that hard to keep show discussion in the show discussion thread?? Sorry, but I'm here to read the set discussion. :def_shrug:

15 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Guys, is it really that hard to keep show discussion in the show discussion thread?? Sorry, but I'm here to read the set discussion. :def_shrug:

It's not like there's anything left to discuss though so I don't really see the problem. When the setpictures arrive the discussion will automatically shift back to set discussion :shrug_oh_well:

I've decided that I may get Zane's Titan Mech after all, although I recently bought Lloyd's Titan Mech. I think I'm just a sucker for Ninjago mechs  :laugh:

(That and if I can get double VIP points on R2-D2 for May 4th I can probably knock £20 off the price.)

15 minutes ago, Gangikhan448 said:

We are getting set pics this week too!

Wait, where did you get that from? Yes, for the past few years summer sets have had official pics release in the last week of April, but that isn’t a guarantee, and to act as such only sets us up for disappointment. I swear, in years prior I have never noticed this same level of impatience and anxiousness over summer set pics before. Maybe I just didn’t notice it, or I somehow managed to avoid it myself, but every day it feels like there’s at least one comment that’s just “maybe it’s today”. It’ll be eventually, let’s all calm down.

1 minute ago, NetherCreeper said:

Wait, where did you get that from?

It's obvious. Set pics always arrive by May, and it's last week of April

7 minutes ago, Legofania said:

It's obvious. Set pics always arrive by May, and it's last week of April

It's still merely an assumption based on past ''patterns''. It's fairly safe to assume but it's definitely not 'obvious' nor a fact.

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's still merely an assumption based on past ''patterns''. It's fairly safe to assume but it's definitely not 'obvious' nor a fact.

Did we ever get pics of the June sets later than last week of April?