12 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Unfortunately I’m pretty sure it had the legacy 1 versions in, as it also includes Kai and jay, and why would they put the new versions of Kai and jay in a legacy set before the regular sets? It just seems logical that it would include legacy 1’s, as they’re cheap and the kids won’t notice

That could potentially be the case, but we'll see I suppose, prelims do tend to have placeholders! It's not unprecedented for 4+ sets to include exclusive figures, but I agree it would make more sense if the Legacy 1 variants were included in that set. That being said, maybe the Fire Dragon would also include Legacy 3 variants. It wouldn't be accurate, but I suppose the argument of Legacy 2 variants being mostly ToE-based yet appearing in Rebooted-based sets could be brought up. 

1 hour ago, Willsy said:

That could potentially be the case, but we'll see I suppose, prelims do tend to have placeholders! It's not unprecedented for 4+ sets to include exclusive figures, but I agree it would make more sense if the Legacy 1 variants were included in that set. That being said, maybe the Fire Dragon would also include Legacy 3 variants. It wouldn't be accurate, but I suppose the argument of Legacy 2 variants being mostly ToE-based yet appearing in Rebooted-based sets could be brought up. 

I saved the images while they were available, and can confirm, the 4+ Bounty, Fire Dragon and Legacy USR all have the ninja in their Legacy 1 outfits. Those might be placeholders, but other unfinalised minifigures were in white, while these were fully coloured, so don’t get your hopes up. And I’m pretty sure Legacy 2 is really more of a mix between the Rebooted and Tournament suits. They have the Tournament-accurate sleeveless design but the detailing looks more like Rebooted in places. 

3 hours ago, Willsy said:

My local Smyths still has Lloyd's Titan Mech in stock somehow, and for £50. I definitely want one of the Titan mechs, but I'm not sure which would be better; Lloyd's or Zane's. I'm aware that Zane's actually has knee articulation but I think I prefer the colour scheme of Lloyd's one (and the minifigure selection)? 

You really can't go wrong with either of them—both are great for their own reasons. I love the improved articulation and chunkiness of Zane's, but Lloyd's is one of the most gorgeously proportioned and streamlined mechs we've gotten in Ninjago, IMO.

Finished the Gardens today.  2 reactions that may seem contradictory:

1. Gardens is closer to Docks than City.  The Gardens just doesn’t compare to the wildness, creativity, unmatched building experience, and completely original never-seen-anything-like-it-before surprise that was City.  

2. Gardens is absolutely fantastic and will probably be the set of the year.  I doubt anything else that gets released this year will have a better combination of creativity, part usage, building techniques, and overall value to top it.  The tree in the corner, the shaping of the buildings, and parts usage made this a blast to build.

1 + 2 together (that Gardens is best of 2021 but still not up to City) is just more indication that City is the greatest ever.  But all 3 Ninjago city sets are Lego at its best.

^I just finished the Gardens yesterday as well. I was very impressed by the creative building techniques. It might even surpass the original City in terms of out-of-the-box part usage and color palette. The set is massive and looks great side by side with the original City and my TLNM Destiny’s Bounty. I also think that it’ll go down as the best set of 2021 and, for me personally, it’s the best set Lego has put out since the underrated Welcome to Apocalypseburg. (Something about this $300-350 sets just makes them winners.)

I defended the minifigure selection of the set when we first saw pictures of it, as that was probably the most divisive part of the set. Now that I have it in hand, I do have to say that the civilian figure selection is rather generic. I binge watched the show during part of the time I built the set and couldn’t help but think of figures they could have included instead. Oh well, that’s just a nitpick!

When are S15 (episodes) being released in Europe? I assumed May/June right before sets but I’ve seen mention of April 4th somewhere. Did I imagine that?

2 hours ago, Lucarex said:

When are S15 (episodes) being released in Europe? I assumed May/June right before sets but I’ve seen mention of April 4th somewhere. Did I imagine that?

afaik they are starting to air this Sunday in Canada, so you should be able to watch them on yt then.

Just now, Surge said:

afaik they are starting to air this Sunday in Canada, so you should be able to watch them on yt then.

I wasn’t imagining it then! Thanks, VPN to be set to Canada just in case...the kids will be thrilled. Me to, not gonna lie :laugh:

10 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

THE EPISODES ARE OUT IN FRENCH?!

yeah.... confusing. Looks good though.

Link please...

thanks to @AlBrickStudios for uploading as well.

so episode 3 just dropped, it mainly centres around the hydro bounty. With all of these new shots, I now have a good idea of what to build. Edit again, I will give my thoughts here, but under spoiler tabs.

Edited by a guy from somewhere

4 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

thanks to @AlBrickStudios for uploading as well.

so episode 3 just dropped, it mainly centres around the hydro bounty. With all of these new shots, I now have a good idea of what to build. Edit again, I will give my thoughts here, but under spoiler tabs.

Watched these, interesting start as we actually obviously get Maya and Ray!

Can't wait for ep 4! 

Wow!

I was just looking at random shots without spoiling the story to see outfits and sets better.

So the Bounty could really serve as some kind of Submarine or futuristic submarine. That's a first - we only ever got one miniscale submarine for the Creator line like 20 years ago!

And the Maya outfit is great as well. So if I want Maya, the water dragon, Nya in all her forms - I might need to get the Waterdragon, the Hydrobounty, Wohira set, Kai's dragon (hairband for Nya)......

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Wow!

I was just looking at random shots without spoiling the story to see outfits and sets better.

So the Bounty could really serve as some kind of Submarine or futuristic submarine. That's a first - we only ever got one miniscale submarine for the Creator line like 20 years ago!

And the Maya outfit is great as well. So if I want Maya, the water dragon, Nya in all her forms - I might need to get the Waterdragon, the Hydrobounty, Wohira set, Kai's dragon (hairband for Nya)......

Yeah, Maya could be the side character in the bounty, that would make sense. I think we should keep all talk of these episodes in spoiler posts, just incase people want to watch the English ones when they come out. 

Spoiler

Episode 1: Not much happens, the first shot reminds me of pilot to be honest, just a little bit brighter and happier. The new villain is alright, I hope we get a minifig of her at some point. The trucks seem to be a modified version of the Chen noodle truck, and the henchmen look like the ones the mechanic uses, which ties her to the Mechanic. Interestingly, the trucks are carrying vengstone, possibly for the vengestone buyer. Maybe Chen is back? The mechanic used to work for Chen, Chen knew about the vengestone, so maybe Chen is the big villain Tommy keeps pointing too? I have my doubts though. 

episode 2: Interesting, Ray and Maya are back, there's a flash back of the FSM vs Wohira, and then the shuricopter returns, only to get dumped into the sea. Maybe that tentacle octopus thing is the leviathan from season 2? That would be a call back! Apart from that, nothing interesting.

Episode 3: Oh boy, this was good. We get to see the majority of the ninjas scuba suits, the hydro bounty and one of the villains. Strangely, Kai, Ray and Cole stay back at the monastery, despite Kai being in the temple of the infinite sea set and Cole being in the amphibious assault sub, and we know Cole has a scuba suit, as we saw it in the AAS set. Maybe they jump in at a later episode, if ninjago city floods? The hydro bounty looks great, it honestly could be my favourite vehicle from ninjago now, it looks so cool. The battle scene at the end is also one of my favourite scenes so far, and if you slow the video down, you can actually see that its a maaray guard riding on (what I assume as of the name) a maaray? The set version looks a bit janky if I'm being honest, lots of gaps and strange colours, but as its a prelim set image, I hope it will change. The front especially needs some work. I'd also like to point out the name of this episode, Insubmersible. Love it! And finally, of cause it ends up damaged\destroyed in its first episode. The writes really don't like their bounty do they?

All in all, it looks amazing. Cant wait for more episodes, but there is one main question I'm sure everyone is asking. Why? Why have these episodes come out in march? As far as lego is concerned, officially we have only seen half of the hydro mech, and we have the biggest set of the wave on display for an entire episode. Not sure what they're doing, but it's getting to that time of the year when we finally start seeing official pics for the summer sets. Let's hope they come out in the next few days then. 

Issue 44 of the Ninjago magazine has just released in the UK with the Skull Sorcerer minifig, just picked it up from my local Sainsburys. I'm really impressed with how they are putting minifigures from more expensive sets into £4 magazines!

(Next issue seems to be Island Jay!)

Maybe the episodes weren't meant to come out yet?

Not so much “not meant to come out” and more “illegal to post on YouTube regardless of air date.” As far as I understand, TLG can take down these videos whenever they’re posted because of copyright laws. Every view on YouTube is one less view CN and therefore LEGO can make money from. 

Alright.......

Lego have now copyright claimed at the very least @AlBrickStudios vids. Maybe the episodes weren't meant to come out yet?

Yeah, the episodes aren't suppose to be out yet. The site that posted them deleted them as well. I believe they posted the episodes without permission. My friend posted the episodes and he messaged me saying he got got a strike for one of the episodes. I had to immediately remove them. (Unfortunately, they gave me a strike for episode 3.) If they had given me a strike for the other episodes, my channel would've been gone. I won't be posting the episodes anymore. I do NOT want to danger my channel. 

Edited by AlBrickStudios

On 3/31/2021 at 7:23 AM, Merlo said:

Assuming I take out the highest antenna and perhaps curb a side ornament or two, would City+Docks+Gardens fit, side to side, into something like this?

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/milsbo-glass-door-cabinet-white-20452307/

In terms of height, it looks like they should fit. Width-wise, though, I’m not sure if you’d be able to fit all three sets in there side-by-side.

12 hours ago, The Stud said:

In terms of height, it looks like they should fit. Width-wise, though, I’m not sure if you’d be able to fit all three sets in there side-by-side.

It's just hard to measure the darned things in person without some estimation, but I had it the other way around... tops definitely not fitting, but sides either fitting tightly or with slight modification.

But then again, I forgot to mention I would leave the little garden out :)

8 hours ago, Merlo said:

It's just hard to measure the darned things in person without some estimation, but I had it the other way around... tops definitely not fitting, but sides either fitting tightly or with slight modification.

But then again, I forgot to mention I would leave the little garden out :)

I took another look and you’re right: it’s the other way around! It’ll be cutting it close but as long as you take off the antennae on the Gardens then it should fit in there. Even then, it may be brushing right up against the top.

One of the biggest problems a Lego collector can have: finding shelves that your sets can fit into!

Edited by The Stud

16 hours ago, The Stud said:

One of the biggest problems a Lego collector can have: finding shelves that your sets can fit into!

Amen to that. Well, at least I'm not risking much since I have others sets that could fill those shelves :)

2 hours ago, Gangikhan448 said:

1st episode premieres tomorrow in english!

Which is odd. Since the sets haven't been officially revealed yet?