7 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

He’s changed now, he’s said multiple times, but the jury’s still out. People can change, but some never change at all. I’m not going against Al in any way, let’s not start another ‘war’. Remember he is part of this forum as well. He seems like a great guy now, but yeah, he’s done some shady things in the past. As cyrus Borg once said, “the past is in the past”. I think.

yeah. I know a lot won't believe it, but i really have changed. Every situation I'm in, I get better and better. (personal stuff i mean) I ain't the same kid back in april 2019 or in 2018 or even 2020. 

8 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

This is incredible! If this is all true, and kind of but not actually cannon, which I believe it is, this just makes ninjago much better. All of these concepts are just amazing. I highly recommend watching this entire video, and I can see this becoming a major discussion topic. The prime empire one and the season 7 ending are my personal faves, but im only half way through when im writing this. Damn, these are some awesome concepts!

This is crazy insight! I think it’s barely possible nowadays to look so close into development of a show (without the PR section censoring anything)

A sad resume though is really to see how thin the line is between no story vs. good story vs. ok story or even vs. bad story.

The ending scene for MoM would have made the season much better. Same goes for more development for Prime Empire. I felt the story was so disconnected from Jay and the Lore – even though there would have been so many connection points.

The same goes for Zane and s11 – the end was just “hey you good?” “yes Im good again” – and done.

Unfortunate the show is shifting more towards cutting stuff. I really hope they were just making s14 short (for sure they had similar potential developed), to put budget into S15. If this will also become like a few episodes, then I fear Ninjago is more than a shadow of what it once was. I would also feel sorry for all the amazing people in the background, putting so much effort into concepts, voice acting, stories..

Let’s hope it becomes at least s13 good.

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Unfortunate the show is shifting more towards cutting stuff. I really hope they were just making s14 short (for sure they had similar potential developed), to put budget into S15. If this will also become like a few episodes, then I fear Ninjago is more than a shadow of what it once was. I would also feel sorry for all the amazing people in the background, putting so much effort into concepts, voice acting, stories..

Let’s hope it becomes at least s13 good.

Yeah, we just had some episode names leaked, but take them with a grain of salt. For this post, I’m gonna say they’re real. And it doesn’t look good. Only 6 new names, but the last one sounds like the seasons end, so what I think they’ve done is grouped the island episodes in, so the 4 island episodes will then be paired with the 6 seabound episodes, making the usual 10 episode season, which is really unfortunate. I hope there’s more names, but it looks like this summer is gonna be disappointing on the show end. The sets are incredible though. Set names are as follows: 

Ep 165 “Endless oceans”

Ep 166 “the storm amulet”

Ep 167 “sea kingdom”

Ep 168 “disrupted element”

Ep 169 “Wojiras wrath”

Ep 170 “master of water”

As I said, take this info with a grain of salt, but I’m not too happy with this. Again, Nya seems to be getting the short end of the stick here, as master of water does sound like the finale. 

3 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Yeah, we just had some episode names leaked, but take them with a grain of salt. For this post, I’m gonna say they’re real. And it doesn’t look good. Only 6 new names, but the last one sounds like the seasons end, so what I think they’ve done is grouped the island episodes in, so the 4 island episodes will then be paired with the 6 seabound episodes, making the usual 10 episode season, which is really unfortunate.

It's not even the usual as the 10-episodes format was used when episodes still lasted 22 minutes, coming in at roughly 220 minutes total for the entire season.

With the (awful) 10-min format the season would last only 100 minutes, which is 2 hours shorter than what we could get with 22-min long episodes. Just once again shows what a horrible decision it was to cut down on episode runtimes.

I just got the Overlord Dragon and the 2019 Golden Dragon today, after entering something of a Ninjago kick after being dormant on the theme for a few years. Overlord is great and surprisingly big for a relatively cheap dragon, the head mould looks perfect to what I remember from Season 2. The wings are definitely disappointing though, I really feel they could have done vinyl pieces here if they could manage it in Wu's dragon from last year. Also, the lack of golden head for Lloyd, while arguably more show accurate, is in my opinion a downgrade.

And while this isn't strictly 2021 related, the Golden Dragon is really nice too and doesn't really lose anything in being scaled down from the 2013 version. The Overlord variant is excellent despite not really being accurate to anything in the show, and while the new one is nice, I prefer the former. (I actually bought it from Amazon UK Warehouse for £16 understanding that it was a used set in very good condition, yet what turned up was actually brand new and sealed just with a squished box which was a very nice surprise!)

Overall the Legacy sets have been a wonderful reintroduction to the theme so far. I'm getting the Bounty soon too, both of which looks :wub:.

Edited by Willsy

12 minutes ago, Willsy said:

(I actually bought it from Amazon UK Warehouse for £16 understanding that it was a used set in very good condition, yet what turned up was actually brand new and sealed just with a squished box which was a very nice surprise!)

You got the original golden dragon from 2013, through Amazon and it was sealed? Thats unheard off! Wow, congrats man, unless your talking about the 2019 one, which is much more understandable. 

52 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

You got the original golden dragon from 2013, through Amazon and it was sealed? Thats unheard off! Wow, congrats man, unless your talking about the 2019 one, which is much more understandable. 

Legacy one, not the original. I did used to own that one though. 

Just thought I should show this off here, this guy is a legend! this is the type of moc I could only dream of building.....

Leaks have been kinda slow, but it is around that time. Ive figured that we usually get official set pics end of march start of July, I remember when the season 11 sets leaked on the 30th of march before. I just wish we could get more part leaks.

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's not even the usual as the 10-episodes format was used when episodes still lasted 22 minutes, coming in at roughly 220 minutes total for the entire season.

With the (awful) 10-min format the season would last only 100 minutes, which is 2 hours shorter than what we could get with 22-min long episodes. Just once again shows what a horrible decision it was to cut down on episode runtimes.

This is what I was expecting. Again, really sad. But even the island for me was OK, so I will just try so see the show in the future as something like smaller side clips.

I guess the peak of seasons like Skybound or Hunted - it was just not fit for any market. Reminds me so much of Star Wars the Clone Wars. They put sooo much effort into the animation of that Oni-Titan. For a pyjama-men-toy commercial...
naja it could not go on forever.. at least not in that quality.

I would also be happy about something with similar quality as Master of Mountains. Was pretty fine for its limitations, for sure the best of the new seasons.

7 hours ago, Willsy said:

Overall the Legacy sets have been a wonderful reintroduction to the theme so far. I'm getting the Bounty soon too, both of which looks :wub:.

I barely forced myself to get in on sale, as I only allow myself to get certain dragons and ships. No regret there. It's such a compact ship. Decent interior and I love the mechanism. slightly above the Movie Bounty its my favourite Lego set.

13 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I would also be happy about something with similar quality as Master of Mountains. Was pretty fine for its limitations, for sure the best of the new seasons.

MotM is definitely the best of the new seasons but it's not like it's got much to compete against anyway. Season 11 was an embarrassment and Season 12, while having an unbelievable amount of potential, fell completely flat as well.

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

MotM is definitely the best of the new seasons but it's not like it's got much to compete against anyway. Season 11 was an embarrassment and Season 12, while having an unbelievable amount of potential, fell completely flat as well.

but again this simply seems to come down to budget cuts for the theme (the media section at least). With just some more episodes, Im sure they would have fleshed out some arcs (Nya and nice) of most of all Zanes redemption.

All new seasons still had many high points (the changelings backstory, Akito in season 12). But overall it seems TLG doesnt think its necessary to put ressources into the show. Like during times of cancellation threats, the community could make a stand for the show and change something. But let's see how s15 will be.

Just saw the next (and final) 2 episodes of The Island and I gotta say I'm a bit underwhelmed. This season had a lot going for it and the story was actually pretty decent, they just should've taken more time to tell it.

A few spoilery thoughts: 

Spoiler

- Ronin taking advantage of the Islanders sounds pretty in-character for him but his motives and actions were so underdeveloped that it fell completely flat. 
- I really like the idea of the Islanders but they should've spend more time showing their backstory and relation to the FSM. 
- Zippy was.... kinda useless. 
- Wojira didn't have enough presence imo. In order to get people to care about what happens to the Storm Amulet they should've shown us a flashback involving Wojira and what happens if the Storm Amulet falls in the wrong hands. If we were shown what happened before (however long ago that may be) there would've been more urgency surrounding the protection of the Storm Amulet, which was protrayed as a fairly useless artififect in the story.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just saw the next (and final) 2 episodes of The Island and I gotta say I'm a bit underwhelmed. This season had a lot going for it and the story was actually pretty decent, they just should've taken more time to tell it.

A few spoilery thoughts: 

Hide contents

- Ronin taking advantage of the Islanders sounds pretty in-character for him but his motives and actions were so underdeveloped that it fell completely flat. 
- I really like the idea of the Islanders but they should've spend more time showing their backstory and relation to the FSM. 
- Wojira didn't have enough presence imo. In order to get people to care about what happens to the Storm Amulet they should've shown us a flashback involving Wojira and what happens if the Storm Amulet falls in the wrong hands. If we were shown what happened before (however long ago that may be) there would've been more urgency surrounding the protection of the Storm Amulet, which was protrayed as a fairly useless artififect in the story.

You are so right 😂

I watched it in french and the ending didn't work and I still wanna know how the amulet even works

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

A few spoilery thoughts: 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I disagree. Zippy was rather comedically helpful in distracting the islanders. If it wasn't for Clutch's greed. They would have escaped

On 3/12/2021 at 3:36 PM, a guy from somewhere said:
On 3/12/2021 at 3:36 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

This is incredible! If this is all true, and kind of but not actually cannon, which I believe it is, this just makes ninjago much better. All of these concepts are just amazing. I highly recommend watching this entire video, and I can see this becoming a major discussion topic. The prime empire one and the season 7 ending are my personal faves, but im only half way through when im writing this. Damn, these are some awesome concepts!

Thanks for sharing the vid! Yup, 99% of these came directly from Tommy Andreasen's twitter, and the rest either came from the Hageman Brothers or other associated interviews, which are linked in the description. Glad you enjoyed! (Although it may be better for the TV show thread, although that's a little dead anyways :laugh:)

Getting back on topic with the sets, does anyone know why the figure parts are not available on Bricks and Pieces? Only certain hairpieces are on there, Mammatus's headdress, and really that's about it. Really a shame as I'd love to be able to army build some of the villains and get a few extras of Zane's new silver hair.

12 minutes ago, DuckBricks said:

Thanks for sharing the vid! Yup, 99% of these came directly from Tommy Andreasen's twitter, and the rest either came from the Hageman Brothers or other associated interviews, which are linked in the description. Glad you enjoyed! (Although it may be better for the TV show thread, although that's a little dead anyways :laugh:)

Getting back on topic with the sets, does anyone know why the figure parts are not available on Bricks and Pieces? Only certain hairpieces are on there, Mammatus's headdress, and really that's about it. Really a shame as I'd love to be able to army build some of the villains and get a few extras of Zane's new silver hair.

so far I didnt see any of the new pieces. Always out of stock. But I looked just 2-3 times in the last weeks.

43 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I disagree. Zippy was rather comedically helpful in distracting the islanders. If it wasn't for Clutch's greed. They would have escaped

Without going into spoilers: many characters - or creatures seem to have certain arcs going on. But not a single one really makes a lot of sense or comes to fruition.

I really think they did a good job with what they had. But what they had was not much. Even 7 episodes could have been much better. I think the team just makes a huge story and then they get a shrinked episode count - which means they have to cut out a lot of stuff. Its such a pitty...

On 3/12/2021 at 7:04 PM, AlBrickStudios said:

yeah. I know a lot won't believe it, but i really have changed. Every situation I'm in, I get better and better. (personal stuff i mean) I ain't the same kid back in april 2019 or in 2018 or even 2020. 

this was from the beginning of this year

===

anyways yeah idunno i like the island, small but i guess it's not the focus for this year

Episode 3 of the Island was pretty fun. Like the first two episodes, I really enjoyed them. In fact, I kinda felt that its ending could've transitioned well into the next season because (spoilers)...

Spoiler

Episode 4....however, despite the usual (and more) feeling off on the dialogue, pacing and not much elaboration on the lore...Boy, what have they done to my boy Ronin....

While what he did does seems "in character", there being no elaboration or proper motive has completely butchered him. And his behavior even made it much worse as it lowered him down being just a mere cruel criminal who hates ninja. Previously he's a pretty interesting character where while he always has questionable behaviors he always have a good reason for it be it that his soul is cursed or wanting a clean slate. Sure of course his bad tendencies does become habitual but what happened in past seasons has practically earned him to become an ally of the Ninja and more importantly, a friend. This episode pretty much taketh almost everything away. 

Yeah, you can tell that I'm pretty salty about this as he is one of my favorite characters in Pre-TLNM seasons and I have been waiting for his return in future seasons, but not like this! On the other hand, maybe there an uno reverse and pulled and this version Ronin was the Shadow of Ronin counterpart all along? Who knows?

Also, I gotta mention that prior to the twist, I thought the main baddie would Captain Soto due to the music used, and while I would've much preferred Ronin's role to go to Soto, I do wish Soto would also get a better treatment as I wasn't that happy with how he was used in Prime Empire. I felt that he deserved something better considering he became their ally in Season 6. That's just what I think though.

Now that I've seen all of the Island episodes, some pieces are beginning to click and a theory formed in my head regarding the villains of Seabound.

This might mark the return of Aspheera considering she was last held in Kryptarium which a breakout has recently occurred (might be the key). And since she was from quite a while back, she may have known about Wojira. With the Maraay Guards resembling Pyro Whippers, it's possible that Aspheera has taking her fallen brethren and mutate them and herself into aquatic creatures through either water magicks or the power of Wojira.

I find it fitting considering her Fire Chapter incarnation wasn't her original form which could have LEGO bring her into various directions when it comes to snakes without cooking up and retconing more new snakes in the Wildbrain era. Also with a leaked storyline of Nya losing her powers, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same snake that stole her brother's powers. previously.

Of course, again, this is just a theory. It may or may not come true. It could just completely be a new species/faction of snakes which is also a good possibility too with the leaked episode name of "Sea Kingdom" that suggests a civilization of aquatic snakes.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

6 minutes ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

I find it fitting considering her Fire Chapter incarnation wasn't her original form which could have LEGO bring her into various directions when it comes to snakes without cooking up and retconing more new snakes in the Wildbrain era. Also with a leaked storyline of Nya losing her powers, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same snake that stole her brother's powers. previously.

Of course, again, this is just a theory. It may or may not come true. It could just completely be a new species/faction of snakes which is also a good possibility too with the leaked episode name of "Sea Kingdom" that suggests a civilization of aquatic snakes.

Aspherea was originally blue, and I could honestly see this happening! Good spot dude, this may actually happen. It would also provide fans with a bit of hope that they stop introducing damn snakes! Also, the Soto idea would of worked 10 times better, its much more inline than Ronin really. 

On 3/14/2021 at 8:56 PM, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

this was from the beginning of this year

===

anyways yeah idunno i like the island, small but i guess it's not the focus for this year

And thats my profile pic from 2019. Not this year lol. Plus Davyd and I are chill now. (i think lol)

On 3/15/2021 at 11:17 AM, a guy from somewhere said:

Aspherea was originally blue, and I could honestly see this happening! Good spot dude, this may actually happen. It would also provide fans with a bit of hope that they stop introducing damn snakes! 

Thanks! While I really liked the designs of the Pyro Vipers back in 2019, I eventually became slightly iffy with the vipers' original form in the show as there wasn't really any correlation with the original five tribes or the Great Devourer which leads these vipers to be kinda bland. So having Aspheera controlling multiple elements and forms would add a much needed flavor to these breed of snakes rather than keep introducing new snake characters that'll thin out the flavor.

Something interesting I do want to note too - suppose the main snake baddie is able to ride Wojira in both the set and show, it does bears similarity to Aspheera and Fire Fang considering both huge serpents are mostly black in color which could add more to the theory.

On 3/15/2021 at 11:17 AM, a guy from somewhere said:

Also, the Soto idea would of worked 10 times better, its much more inline than Ronin really. 

Spoiler

Upon a slightly more reflection on this, I absolutely agree. While I do want better things for Soto, this antagonistic role completely fits him perfectly considering he's a pirate, exploiting/plundering the Islanders would've indeed be very much in-theme. He could've reassembled his pirate crew from the prisoners and have them dressed as pirates (To be honest, I never liked the modern prisoner and criminal outfits in Ninjago).

This would've make Episode 4 much more bearable and enjoyable...whenever I watch it again without dreading to see how Ronin was done dirty. Also, I kinda already had a bad feeling with how Lloyd speaks of Ronin back in Episode 1, I thought he was their friend and ally? Turns out it was some sort foreshadowing except it didn't occurred to me on what that actually signifies haha.

18 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Very strange, kinda disappointed that zippy is the water dragon. I think it should be Nya really. Either way, its interesting. 

Now it makes much more sense on why the Water Dragon's head resembles the Jungle Dragon (aside from the obvious re-usage of parts, of course).

Yeah, it would've indeed been really awesome if Nya was the dragon.

Very strange, kinda disappointed that zippy is the water dragon. I think it should be Nya really. Either way, its interesting. 

But the Water Dragon has eyelashes and Nya's symbol on the top of the head. I don't know, I don't believe Zippy is the Water Dragon but we will see.