3 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

The blade isn't new? I assume we're talking about the one that's used as claws on the hydro mech and as a large blade on the front of the hydro bounty. If so, where has it appeared? Ive never seen it before!

Oh yeah those are new, I thought he was talking about the blades used on the Guards swords.

2 hours ago, Dardanel said:

The way I look at it is that Ninjago allows themes, or some version of them, that are (currently) unprofitable to have their time in the spotlight. The only thing I wish for is that LEGO had the bravery to step away from the true and tried formula of vehicle dominated waves to something more fitting the current flavor (ie castles for knights). On top of that LEGO should provide more minifigures that can be reused that match the theme, either within the sets or as separate "expansion packs".

Exactly.  I think they are doing this as a nod to older themes that they aren't doing as current themes or not thinking of doing anytime soon.  I think they are trying to use the nostalgic value of some of these sets to lure AFOL's in while keeping things fresh for the kids.  I don't have a problem with it at all as it brings back some of the great aspects of other themes.  Like the D&D wave brought back that castle vibe especially with the skull sorcerer's lair and the dragon are both great nods to old school castle/fantasy era fans.  Even the villains and the geckles and the munce were great for castle figs.  The season 15 wave has that Atlantis feel with the figs and some of the sets.  Season 14 has and Islanders vibe.  The sky pirates etc.  I think hopefully new action/adventure themes will have their own style but we will have to wait and see.  

15 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Now I swear I don't mean to come here and talk down Ninjago. Not at all, I have no grudge against it whatsoever. I just don't see why Ninjago having a TV series means every theme has to.

I 100% agree. I don't think all original action themes need a TV show either (sorry if I didn't make that clear in my first post), my point was just to explain the reason why so many of them tend to have TV Shows nowdays. Not having any TV Shows is part of the reason why I love all the pre-Ninjago Original Action themes so much. They may have had some pre-defined characters, but the lack of a pre-defined storyline allows you to use your own imagination and piece together the clues on your own based off the various other tie-in media those themes received, such as the flash games and such. The Crystalien Conflict flash game of Mars Mission is a great example of that. 

15 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

As to Bionicle having a story, I'd argue against the fact that Bionicle was such a big seller entirely because it had a story.

Not to get off-topic, but while what you said certainly played a part in Bionicle's popularity (and Hero Factory was mostly driven purely by its "Build your own cool robot" concept) Bionicle's story had a very strong hook, and those who managed to get into it, just couldn't let go. To this very day, Bionicle fans still continue to hope that G1's story would one day be continued in some form, due to not getting proper closure when the line abruptly ended in 2010. That's saying a lot about the role the story played in Bionicle's popularity. I suspect that if Ninjago would also get abruptly cancelled one day and the TV Show wouldn't get the chance to properly conclude, a lot of Ninjago fans are gonna be left in the same state Bionicle fans are today. 

16 hours ago, Dardanel said:

The way I look at it is that Ninjago allows themes, or some version of them, that are (currently) unprofitable to have their time in the spotlight. The only thing I wish for is that LEGO had the bravery to step away from the true and tried formula of vehicle dominated waves to something more fitting the current flavor (ie castles for knights). On top of that LEGO should provide more minifigures that can be reused that match the theme, either within the sets or as separate "expansion packs".

This is my outlook on current Ninjago as well. It keeps Ninjago fresh (even if they may be straying a little far from its roots) and allows Lego to do waves based on other tropes. Whether it be because of lack of interest from consumers or bad decisions on Lego’s part, Lego has not had the best of luck with most of their in-house themes the last few years. Chima, Galaxy Squad, Ultra Agents, Nexo Knights, Elves, the last Castle theme, the last Pirates theme, and Hidden Side were all far from big hits, which has led to Lego largely sticking with what has reliably sold well: Ninjago, City, and Friends.

At the end of the day, I personally care about the quality of the set more than what theme it’s a part of. Some of the recent Ninjago waves don’t entirely fit my vision of what Ninjago sets should be, but there have still been some stellar sets in spite of this.

On 2/22/2021 at 11:53 AM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

About the sets: Ninjago doesn't serve some AFOL plan. No matter what genre they do: there will mostly be some bike, a mech, dragon and a speeder-car. Some base/temple-thingy and whatever big vehicle. Look at Star Wars - people gotta be happy about some changes in sets (recent X-Wing, Sandspeeder, etc.) but mostly sets are the same. When Ninjago redoes a Bounty, they really redo it.

Despite me wishing Ninjago would deviate less and go more japanese-esque. I'll have to admit that with these past few waves (minus Legacy since I'm not focused on them so I don't know that much), even though they are mostly bikes, vehicles, mech and cars, they actually look and feel good. And to think of it more, I'll actually take them over repeats of Kryptarium Prison, Airjitzu Battle Grounds, Jungle Raider and Kai Fighter. Those were horribly unappetizing, personally. At least I can comfortably collect these newer waves of Ninjago, instead of still grappling on whether I should to be buying sets like the Prison or Battle Grounds because of completion. 

Though I have give credits to Legacy for producing a very much better Kai Fighter, which actually turned that design into something I really dig.

However, even if I'm accepting Ninjago no longer wanting go with japanese-esque directions, At the very least, I really hope that future waves would bring in more villains sets than what we have currently or this upcoming wave.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

5 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Despite me wishing Ninjago would deviate less and go more japanese-esque. I'll have to admit that with these past few waves (minus Legacy since I'm not focused on them so I don't know that much), even though they are mostly bikes, vehicles, mech and cars, they actually look and feel good. And to think of it more, I'll actually take them over repeats of Kryptarium Prison, Airjitzu Battle Grounds, Jungle Raider and Kai Fighter. Those were horribly unappetizing, personally. At least I can comfortably collect these newer waves of Ninjago, instead of still grappling on whether I should to be buying sets like the Prison or Battle Grounds because of completion. 

Though I have give credits to Legacy for producing a very much better Kai Fighter, which actually turned that design into something I really dig.

However, even if I'm accepting Ninjago no longer wanting go with japanese-esque directions, At the very least, I really hope that future waves would bring in more villains sets than what we have currently or this upcoming wave.

The thing is that they were always departing a bit from that japanese-esque style but kept it somehow still. First of all many desings are inspired by other eastern asian or even oriental settings. season 4 villains come to mind. Sky pirates and season 3 were quite different with their designs and yet most figs hat still eastern asian-esque stuff on them (including the Bigfig character Dogshank, with a Samurai helmet-mask and even the random pirates had sort-of kimonos). Prime Empire used some kind of "future-style" of the desings - most notably the Unagami and Akito (or whatever the trainer guys name was) figures had clear nods towards Japan, China and Korea. Main villain and the female side character from last season also took some inspiration (Kimono, straw hat and the guards had Samurai helmets). And our ninjas kind-of had still eastern asian robes under their armor (which I think didnt fit on most of their suits).

season 15 would be the greatest deviation, as far as I can see. Snakes, oversized car and dragons are the only thing stil linked to Ninjago.

But if the theme continues, we will keep getting more traditional designs again. Even if they announce the end of the theme; I wouldn't trust Lego to voluntarily end one of their more stable ships without big reason.

Edit: dragons and mechs of the first seasons were not very eastern asian in design. This came later - I would argue the only Gundam-like Mechs we ever got where the 2 literations from Zane and the Titan mech from Lloyd - 2 out of 3 are from fairly new seasons.

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

On 2/22/2021 at 11:05 AM, Cocoa said:

Yikes...I thought the knight gear was tacky but these are such a stretch. LEGO is keen on combining ninja scarves with every single piece of headwear possible it seems, but should they? I don't mean to be "an AFOL," but I don't appreciate LEGO using Ninjago for concepts that would work wonderfully as original themes. Is LEGO not willing to take the risk and sell these sets on their own without being branded under some large in-house IP? Or are these subthemes an attempt to keep Ninjago "fresh" with children? I think so far LEGO has done a fine job blending these ideas with the Ninjago line, but this latest wave is alarming. From the figures alone, you can tell these sets should be their own thing.

On 2/22/2021 at 11:26 AM, LOTR34 said:

This has been a big critisism of mine for quite some time when it comes to action themes.It's seems like Lego got too complacent with the success of Ninjago and doesn't want to produce new action themes like they did in the past.Instead they dumb ideas into Ninjago and call it a day.This way of thinking is lazy and creatively bankrupt and they won't stop untill the Ninjago cash cow has gone dry.

I'm not sure how you make that argument when LEGO hasn't gone even a year without at least one other "action theme" alongside Ninjago. They had Legends of Chima from 2013–2015, Ultra Agents and The LEGO Movie from 2014–2015, Elves from 2015–2018, Nexo Knights from 2016–2018, The LEGO Movie 2 in 2019, Hidden Side from 2019–2020, and Monkie Kid from 2020 onwards. Certainly they haven't been rolling out a new one every year like they had been in the years leading up to the Ninjago theme, but I hardly see that as a sign that they're doing something wrong.

Moreover, I don't see why folks are treating this wave of sets as if it's somehow a massive departure from what the Ninjago theme is "supposed" to be. For my part, I remember contemplating the possibility of a Ninjago story arc with an underwater setting as early as 2014 (though my idea was for vaguely Lovecraftian octopus- and squid-themed baddies, not serpent- or eel-themed ones). To me, this felt a pretty natural extension of what we'd already seen in the previous years of sets:

• A creepy non-human enemy faction with distinctive colors and "creature" motifs that could be applied across any locations or vehicles associated with them.
  • A new and mysterious setting beyond the sorts the ninja had already explored, but still with plenty of potential for mysterious ruins, lost treasures, ancient secrets, and world-threatening dangers.
  • New types of ninja vehicles and ninja suits that could stand out prominently from ones that we'd seen in previous years.
  • A plot that would present even an experienced team of heroic ninja with brand-new, high-stakes challenges.

Ironically, much like this year, I was even envisioning this as part of a two-year story arc with the first half set at "surface level" in a tropical island environment, and the second moving below the waves — though I was also picturing a single enemy faction remaining in the spotlight for the entire year, since it wasn't until 2015 that Ninjago would begin focusing introducing a new enemy faction in each wave.

Needless to say, I don't feel like an underwater ninja adventure is some kind of far-fetched idea that LEGO would only arrive at by scraping the bottom of the barrel— on the contrary, it would have felt like a huge missed opportunity to me if Ninjago ended WITHOUT an underwater story arc. After all, it's not as though this is any less plausible than any of the other adventures the ninja have been on. And if themes like Alpha Team and Bionicle could manage an underwater story arc, why not Ninjago?

Anyhow, the sets we've seen for this wave aren't even far removed from the sort of builds we'd ordinarily expect to see in LEGO Ninjago. There's an ancient temple that serves as the bad guys' lair, a transforming ninja vehicle, a ninja combat mech, ferocious brick-built mythical creatures, and a Destiny's Bounty inspired mobile ninja base. The good guy vehicles have curvy contours decorated with Warm Gold blade pieces as accents, and the bad guy  The only difference from what we're used to is that this stuff is tailored to an underwater environment, so the vehicles tend to have fins and turbines instead of wings or rocket boosters… and, I suppose, that there aren't any spinners or motorcycles. :tongue:

10 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

… and, I suppose, that there aren't any spinners or motorcycles. :tongue:

Huh, never realised there wasn’t any spinners. The thought never crossed my mind. Strange. That means we arn’t getting any spinner sets this year, just the epic battle sets. Despite 3 waves. Also the season 15 name is apparently ’seabound’ , which I have to say, is sooooo much better than ‘the island’! It also contrasts with the jay season being sky bound, and the Nya season is now seabound! I hope this is true. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Huh, never realised there wasn’t any spinners. The thought never crossed my mind. Strange. That means we arn’t getting any spinner sets this year, just the epic battle sets. Despite 3 waves.

I agree, it's a bit of a surprise not to have any spinner sets (or even rumors of them) this year. But I doubt we've seen the last of them, and LEGO could even still surprise us this year with some not-yet-announced promo or gift-with-purchase item that's spinner-focused.

Edited by Aanchir

10 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I'm not sure how you make that argument when LEGO hasn't gone even a year without at least one other "action theme" alongside Ninjago. They had Legends of Chima from 2013–2015, Ultra Agents and The LEGO Movie from 2014–2015, Elves from 2015–2018, Nexo Knights from 2016–2018, The LEGO Movie 2 in 2019, Hidden Side from 2019–2020, and Monkie Kid from 2020 onwards. Certainly they haven't been rolling out a new one every year like they had been in the years leading up to the Ninjago theme, but I hardly see that as a sign that they're doing something wrong.

That depends on your definition of what an action theme(AT) is.Although TLM/2 and Elves are original IPs I don't consider them to belong to the AT genre.As for Chima and NK I consider them blockbuster themes meaning they are designed with longevity in mind with a TV show to boost sales,gimmick sets and in general larger waves.And MK is just an attempt to cash in the Chinese market.

Now compare all of the above to Ultra Agents and Hidden Side,those I label old school AT.I label them so because they stay true to the spirit of the AT of the late 2010s,not only do they lack the blockbuster qualities I mentioned earlier but they are also far more diverse and original than your Ninjagos,Chimas and NK.And yes I'm well aware that HS had animated shorts and an app that was heavily marketed which is also another criticisim of mine towards Lego because of their insistence on shoving down media tie-ins on a majority of their themes nowdays.

But I wont argue any further on this subject because a)there is alot of bias at play making my criticism not entirely objective and b) because every time I voice my grevances with Lego I end up in an agrument not so different as this one and quite frankly I'm tired of having to repeat myself over and over.

Edited by LOTR34

On 2/23/2021 at 11:14 AM, Lego David said:

I 100% agree. I don't think all original action themes need a TV show either (sorry if I didn't make that clear in my first post), my point was just to explain the reason why so many of them tend to have TV Shows nowdays. Not having any TV Shows is part of the reason why I love all the pre-Ninjago Original Action themes so much. They may have had some pre-defined characters, but the lack of a pre-defined storyline allows you to use your own imagination and piece together the clues on your own based off the various other tie-in media those themes received, such as the flash games and such. The Crystalien Conflict flash game of Mars Mission is a great example of that. 

Hint: don't watch the TV shows. Then you can use your own imagination to play however you like. LEGO don't force you to watch them before you can purchase the sets.

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Oh, these are EXTREMELY good. Hopefully these ones will also release in the U.S., unlike the Hype collab...

Adidas is definitely a much more international brand than Hype, so the there's a very low likelihood of these not being released internationally.

On 2/23/2021 at 2:58 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

The thing is that they were always departing a bit from that japanese-esque style but kept it somehow still. First of all many desings are inspired by other eastern asian or even oriental settings. season 4 villains come to mind. Sky pirates and season 3 were quite different with their designs and yet most figs hat still eastern asian-esque stuff on them (including the Bigfig character Dogshank, with a Samurai helmet-mask and even the random pirates had sort-of kimonos). Prime Empire used some kind of "future-style" of the desings - most notably the Unagami and Akito (or whatever the trainer guys name was) figures had clear nods towards Japan, China and Korea. Main villain and the female side character from last season also took some inspiration (Kimono, straw hat and the guards had Samurai helmets). And our ninjas kind-of had still eastern asian robes under their armor (which I think didnt fit on most of their suits).

season 15 would be the greatest deviation, as far as I can see. Snakes, oversized car and dragons are the only thing stil linked to Ninjago.

But if the theme continues, we will keep getting more traditional designs again. Even if they announce the end of the theme; I wouldn't trust Lego to voluntarily end one of their more stable ships without big reason.

Edit: dragons and mechs of the first seasons were not very eastern asian in design. This came later - I would argue the only Gundam-like Mechs we ever got where the 2 literations from Zane and the Titan mech from Lloyd - 2 out of 3 are from fairly new seasons.

Yeah, I have agree with that, despite certain departure, they still kept the spirit of it in some way. And that's something I'll always be appreciative of. I am actually pretty fine with Prime Empire, MotM and the Island, I loved them. I guess I let the radical departure of the scuba suits really get into my head. It was too contemporary for my taste which is also something that I didn't really like about SotFS's suits.

Most departures that I don't particularly like would be from the show where a large amount of futuristic tech would be used such as the Samurai X cave in SotFS or that futurized "elevator basement" of the tea shop in Possession. Or how horribly the realm and story of Prime Empire was conceived. The reason I didn't really mind the vehicles in season 1 or 2 was mainly they're of mystical or mechanical. Whatever that's extremely futuristic made me wished that they stayed in Rebooted or Borg Tower at least when the season is not focused on that. And I know the show and the sets are pretty separate so I'm pretty aware that I'm not being that fair. If you have nothing but imagination when messing around the sets of the recent wave, they are pretty great.

Y'know, maybe to go back to a more traditional design while still keeping things fresh, maybe Ninjago could do a wave set in Mega-Monster amusement park. I always liked the design of the mascots. Giving them a sinister secret would probably be really cool. Plus there's already roller coaster parts available, which now enables this idea to possible.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

1 hour ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Yeah, I have agree with that, despite certain departure, they still kept the spirit of it in some way. And that's something I'll always be appreciative of. I am actually pretty fine with Prime Empire, MotM and the Island, I loved them. I guess the radical departure of the scuba suits really got into my head. It was too contemporary for my taste which is also something that I didn't really like about SotFS's suits.

Most departures that I don't particularly like would be from the show where a large amount of futuristic tech would be used such as the Samurai X cave in SotFS or that futurized "elevator basement" of the tea shop in Possession. Or how horribly the realm and story of Prime Empire was conceived. The reason I didn't really mind the vehicles in season 1 or 2 was mainly they're of mystical or mechanical. Whatever that's extremely futuristic made me wished that they stayed in Rebooted or Borg Tower at least when the season is not focused on that. And I know the show and the sets are pretty separate so I'm pretty aware that I'm not being that fair. If you have nothing but imagination when messing around the sets of the recent wave, they are pretty great. 

Interesting perspective! All in all, though, I think this upcoming wave still manages to strike an OK balance between futuristic/tech-based stuff and more traditional stuff. After all, of the five "Seabound" sets, two of them (Water Dragon and Temple of the Infinite Sea) focus mostly on low-tech fantasy stuff, aside from Kai and Zane's mini-subs.

And while the ninja vehicles this wave are fairly fantastical, I don't think they feel extremely futuristic… after all, in real life, both scuba equipment and electric-powered, propeller-driven submarines were invented decades before rocket-propelled aircraft like Destiny's Bounty or the Samurai Mech. And Jay and Nya engineered each of those vehicles pretty much single-handedly all the way back in Season 1, even without employing any sort of mystical abilities! And that's without getting into the even more futuristic/speculative technologies in later waves like Kai and Jay's jet boards in the Morro Dragon set or the various ninja vehicles in the Skybound set

Even the scuba suits themselves maintain some familiar ninja styling — the headgear appears to basically be a ninja hood with a full-face diving mask attached to the front, the leg decorations still have a traditional obi (belt/sash) around the waist, and Lloyd's torso decoration features segmented plate armor protecting his upper body, not unlike Kai ZX's torso decoration. We can probably evaluate them further once we have more clear pictures of them (and from more angles), but already I think it's safe to say that they're not anywhere near as futuristic-looking as the Digi suits from the Prime Empire sets!

Edited by Aanchir

8 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Oh, these are EXTREMELY good. Hopefully these ones will also release in the U.S., unlike the Hype collab...

As someone who loves adidas, whilst they are more understated than the outdated fad knock off look Hype gear (yeah you’re not missing much) there’s little else going for this range of kidswear sadly. Then again I was very disappointed with the September launch wave.

3 hours ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

Adidas is definitely a much more international brand than Hype, so the there's a very low likelihood of these not being released internationally.

Like comparing a Star Wars UCS with a Megabloks polybag.

Edited by Lucarex

On 2/24/2021 at 1:35 PM, Aanchir said:

Interesting perspective! All in all, though, I think this upcoming wave still manages to strike an OK balance between futuristic/tech-based stuff and more traditional stuff. After all, of the five "Seabound" sets, two of them (Water Dragon and Temple of the Infinite Sea) focus mostly on low-tech fantasy stuff, aside from Kai and Zane's mini-subs.

And while the ninja vehicles this wave are fairly fantastical, I don't think they feel extremely futuristic… after all, in real life, both scuba equipment and electric-powered, propeller-driven submarines were invented decades before rocket-propelled aircraft like Destiny's Bounty or the Samurai Mech. And Jay and Nya engineered each of those vehicles pretty much single-handedly all the way back in Season 1, even without employing any sort of mystical abilities! And that's without getting into the even more futuristic/speculative technologies in later waves like Kai and Jay's jet boards in the Morro Dragon set or the various ninja vehicles in the Skybound set

Even the scuba suits themselves maintain some familiar ninja styling — the headgear appears to basically be a ninja hood with a full-face diving mask attached to the front, the leg decorations still have a traditional obi (belt/sash) around the waist, and Lloyd's torso decoration features segmented plate armor protecting his upper body, not unlike Kai ZX's torso decoration. We can probably evaluate them further once we have more clear pictures of them (and from more angles), but already I think it's safe to say that they're not anywhere near as futuristic-looking as the Digi suits from the Prime Empire sets!

Seeing how beautiful the water dragon and awesome the temple are, I can agree the tradeoffs are worth it. Looking at the suit prints and the cockpits again, I'm actually starting to get a little steampunk-ish vibes which is actually nicely fantastical enough. But yeah, we can indeed evaluate more when there's clearer images.

I suppose I don't really mind the speculative "tech" like Kai and Jay's hoverboard was mainly that they are stylized enough plus also seeing Skylor's hoverboard which was already depicted as mechanical did lead me to think those possession hoverboard are the same. Though on the other hand, seeing that I do like the design of the Nindroids, and Prime Empire sets (both Ninja and Villains), I suppose I do like certain futuristic aspect when it really counts (being quite stylized and as well having a flavor of their own).

But I guess to put it clearer - I just don't like it if the contemporary aspect outweighs the stylized fantastical aspect which happened to be the type of most futuristic tech used in scenarios that felt like a departure such as the examples in my previous post and the way the City of Ouroboros was used for Project Arcturus (another example I forgot to mention). . It all just felt pretty generic. And I guess this is also why I wasn't too big on Lloyd's bike from rebooted, the Jungle Raider and his drone-jetpack side-build thing from Misfortune's Keep despite them being mechanical/mystical-ish.

Hopefully that clears up more on my perspective!

On 2/24/2021 at 11:24 AM, LOTR34 said:

That depends on your definition of what an action theme(AT) is.Although TLM/2 and Elves are original IPs I don't consider them to belong to the AT genre.As for Chima and NK I consider them blockbuster themes meaning they are designed with longevity in mind with a TV show to boost sales,gimmick sets and in general larger waves.And MK is just an attempt to cash in the Chinese market.

Now compare all of the above to Ultra Agents and Hidden Side,those I label old school AT.I label them so because they stay true to the spirit of the AT of the late 2010s,not only do they lack the blockbuster qualities I mentioned earlier but they are also far more diverse and original than your Ninjagos,Chimas and NK.And yes I'm well aware that HS had animated shorts and an app that was heavily marketed which is also another criticisim of mine towards Lego because of their insistence on shoving down media tie-ins on a majority of their themes nowdays.

But I wont argue any further on this subject because a)there is alot of bias at play making my criticism not entirely objective and b) because every time I voice my grevances with Lego I end up in an agrument not so different as this one and quite frankly I'm tired of having to repeat myself over and over.

..and it's a very interesting argument which we all have in a very polite manner - I just wanted to point out this positive thing. Different opinions, getting offtopic for pages and it's all nice and civilized.
So thank you for sharing your interesting and insightful opinion :dhappy:!

...in any case: We will have to see how the sets look with better pictures, which is different to looking at them in a video, which is different from having built and holding it in your own hand.

I am most curious for the Sub-Bounty. I have made myself a promise to only spend below 200 bucks per year (which goes fast if you count CMF's), IF there is a ship comming out. Now depending on how it'll look; I could pretend it's a kind of Nautilus - and bend my promise like that :pir-huzzah2:.

I also like the change in colour. I hope we will get some kind of ship or bigger thing in the future, that is not typically dark red-red-black-gold. I have the last 3 bounties - if they dont discontinue Ninjago, I wonder what similar builds they could do. Jay pirate ship anyone?

Is the bounty supposed to be predominantly red or white? I hope its white!

Honestly Kai should have been exclusive to this set

71748_Prod-scaled.jpg

25 minutes ago, Gangikhan448 said:

Is the bounty supposed to be predominantly red or white? I hope its white!

Honestly Kai should have been exclusive to this set

71748_Prod-scaled.jpg

glad hes not tho, that means I dont need to buy it/bricklink him :laugh_hard:

to anybody who bought ninjago city gardens recently/after it came out, did it come with the poster? just curious if It was like a limited time thing or if every set has it

Edited by Surge

3 hours ago, Surge said:

to anybody who bought ninjago city gardens recently/after it came out, did it come with the poster? just curious if It was like a limited time thing or if every set has it

I bought it when it came out but it comes within the plastic the instructions are in so I’d imagine it is for the life of the set.

5 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I am most curious for the Sub-Bounty. I have made myself a promise to only spend below 200 bucks per year (which goes fast if you count CMF's), IF there is a ship comming out. Now depending on how it'll look; I could pretend it's a kind of Nautilus - and bend my promise like that :pir-huzzah2:.

I also like the change in colour. I hope we will get some kind of ship or bigger thing in the future, that is not typically dark red-red-black-gold. I have the last 3 bounties - if they dont discontinue Ninjago, I wonder what similar builds they could do. Jay pirate ship anyone?

I’d love a Jay-themed pirate ship. 

Did you see the preliminary picture? It’s really not much of a Nautilus. I think it might be built using one of those big preformed ‘floats in water’ hulls, but I’m not certain because the prow is built up in a way that looks like it wouldn’t really work with the big hull (as far as I can tell) - plus, the whole point of those parts is that they don’t sink. Which kind of ruins the whole idea that it’s a submarine, IMHO. 

I do like the white and gold colour scheme. I hope that’s final and not preliminary - the images we got had a lot of ‘unfinalised’ Minifigure parts in white, and then the Hydro Bounty was mostly white so we’re worried that might just be the ‘unfinalised’ colour - but out of all the other sets we saw pictures of, none of the others had massive white blocks like that and the black ‘wheelhouse’ section and gold fins looked pretty final - especially because they’re using a completely new fin part in gold there - so I am inclined to think that it really is white.