47 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Destiny's Bounty had almost 1800 pieces for the same price...

Hydro Bounty's build seems to use a lot more large panels and curved wedges, while the Legacy Destiny's Bounty used a lot more tiny detail elements. Plus, in general, these new sets make heavier use of new molds and/or prints than we'd usually see in Legacy sets of similar size, both for their characters/creatures and for the builds themselves.

Obviously, everybody can make their own decision about which is a better value once final prices are known for all countries. But from a cursory glance, it doesn't seem too surprising or confusing that the Hydro Bounty would have a higher price per piece than the Legacy Destiny's Bounty did.

Edited by Aanchir

So instead of sleeping I did a little digging:

The Nya hairpiece-hairband combo looks almost perfecly fittinryg for the weird theme Logo from the catalogue. Almost every strain of hair fits; it's slightly wilder - just like the Lloyd box art for the island season.

Interestingly the Lloyd uses his colours - a bit darker shading and stylized, but clearly tan for hair and standard green for bandana.

If the lightning doesnt play a huge trick on us, it would mean Nya switches - at least for this - to dark blue and what seams to be poision blue, lighta aqua or another colour for her hair and face.

This would also add up with the dragon - where I think we can also make out 2 spots on each side of the eyes.

I hope this colour change is purely for this season - yes it looks cool and all, but Nya had enough colour switching. standard red, dark red, dark green, black, dark azure, gun metal grey...

But who knows how everything will turn out. At least to me for now it seems likely Nya turns somehow into this dragon as Ninjago dragons nowdays tend to be more expressional in their colour, instead of simply being an echo for the ryder's primary and secondary colours.

For now I assume:

- in the Sub-bounty we get all ninjas though I cannt make out which would be Nya and why some of them have stand in mask pieces and some use the old mask pieces. Plus one snake henchman and the main creature thingy. (at least 8 figures + animal)
- Temple set: Again the main creature thingy, 2 snake henchmen, Kai, probably super-power-Nya and a (maybe) chained figure with a golden spear. Probably side character as we almost always get one.
- Water dragon: so far only one a white sub is visible - likely only Zane. 2 henchmen and one exclusive sea creature character.

The rest of the sets speak for themselves. Sadly it looks like it wont be easy to get most desirable figures cheap.

In any case I am excited and designs, as every year look awesome.

If Nya is the water dragon like others have speculated, is the depiction of her on the box art some sort of hybrid form (hence the weird face print)?

15 minutes ago, Gangikhan448 said:

Full Sets have been revealed....bruh that was quicked

Only 2 of them. They look pretty good not gonna lie. (The box art)

This whole wave is giving me a full dose of Atlantis/agents vibes! 

I love the hydro bot, although I find the aircraft hull piece a bit large and out of place given the size of the bot.

The cole car is easily the weakest set to me, honestly looks like a junior set to me.

The water dragon set is meh, but the temple set is the most playset-y playset ever and I love it! 

The bounty looks totally different than what I was expecting, but still great. I also love how they went with a totally different colour to keep things fresh on top of the underwater setting. It initially reminded me of 60266 the first time I saw it.

I love the ninja suits, and the underwater guns remind me of agents, with the circular (staffs?) reminding me of Atlantis. A great nostalgic and also well designed wave.

So not only box arts for Lloyd's Mech and Sub Car leaked, but also Lego made an AD that accidentally revealed how Lloyd's Mech looks IRL :laugh_hard:

I love those box arts, not to mention that those sets look much better not on preliminary images :wub_drool:

9 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Taken down again it seems. Is there box art for the Temple anywhere else out in the wild? 

Not yet. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So not only box arts for Lloyd's Mech and Sub Car leaked, but also Lego made an AD that accidentally revealed how Lloyd's Mech looks IRL :laugh_hard:

I love those box arts, not to mention that those sets look much better not on preliminary images :wub_drool:

Where can I see them?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the amulet in these sets looks like a new mold based on the dragon head shape (not bc of left/right facing, ik they're double sided). If this is right and one's Wohira, what's the other? Nya's possible dragon form?

Edited by Aquatic_Arm

I'm really digging that car now. it looks amazing. as I've said before, those wheels had better move/transform so they can be propellers. that would truly sell the set. As for the figs, I am in awe. They look absolutely incredible. I'm not too bothered with the hydro whipper(?) but the ninja suits are simply incredible! The hydro mech is fine, looks pretty good actually. Doesn't seem to have a transforming feature, but I have a feeling the designers try to sneak an unusual part into a build in every wave, like MOTM I believe there was a special piece used underneath the mino, and there was also a hook for a tail. nothing like this though! im pretty sure im gonna pick up most of this wave, if not all of it!

Man, I'm liking that box art there! Having "Wohira" from just being a mysterious artwork (from The Island Box Art) to being flat out revealed is insanely awesome! I love it! Now that I think of it with this era having two Ninja mascots each year, why didn't the Ice Chapter portion of SotFS sets have Zane as the Mascot? It would've been really cool!

And after seeing Lloyd's mech in that leaked ad, my opinion has slightly improved, it does looks more decent but I'd still find the claw arm my favorite part while the rest still hasn't impressed me much.

Also, it seems "Jay's Sub Speeder" (trying to make out the text on the box) has Ninjago City in the background? This also seems to be further backed by Sub Speeder riding off a bridge (with railings, concrete supports and all). Pretty interesting as this does imply that the fight might be brought back to Ninjago City which results in it being flooded very badly.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

1 minute ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Also, it seems "Jay's Sub Speeder" (trying to make out the text on the box) has Ninjago City in the background? This also seems to be further backed by Sub Speeder riding off a bridge (with railings, concrete supports and all). Pretty interesting as this does imply that the fight might be brought back to Ninjago City which results in it being flooded very badly.

Yep, I saw this as well! from most of the box art, it seems to be set in the infinite  sea or whatever they call it, but I would LOVE to see a battle in Ninjago City, but everything is flooded, meaning the mechs and vehicles have to speed around the buildings whilst underwater, dodging wrecks.... now that seems like an awesome premise! hopefully they do at least 1 episode with that!

I am a massive fan of how this season looks, just of the box art alone!

16 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Yep, I saw this as well! from most of the box art, it seems to be set in the infinite  sea or whatever they call it, but I would LOVE to see a battle in Ninjago City, but everything is flooded, meaning the mechs and vehicles have to speed around the buildings whilst underwater, dodging wrecks.... now that seems like an awesome premise! hopefully they do at least 1 episode with that!

I am a massive fan of how this season looks, just of the box art alone!

I just remembered that Tommy Andreasen, the series' creator did hint that Ninjago City "will probably be attacked soon… again!" So perhaps this might be it! 

What really intrigues me is the devastations that's going to be ensured and how that's going to happen. Could it be tsunamis? Or sewer overloads that results in the flooding? If it's the former, we all know how destructive tsunamis are, it might actually top the damages done in Rebooted or Hunted.

2 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

I just remembered that Tommy Andreasen, the series' creator did hint that Ninjago City "will probably be attacked soon… again!" So perhaps this might be it! 

What really intrigues me is the devastations that's going to be ensured and how that's going to happen. Could it be tsunamis? Or sewer overloads that results in the flooding? If it's the former, we all know how destructive tsunamis are, it might actually top the damages done in Rebooted or Hunted.

As it's Ninjago for sure it will be something mythical

Like the (never before mentioned) master of the sea is doing this because of that and so on.

As I always say - Ninjago has unlimited potential. And they havent even taken new ninjas in. Now I do wonder if they are going to recast Cole's VA.

So someone has the hydro whipper on hand now, look pretty cool actually!

edit: it’s a concept design, makes sense as the torso and legs don’t seem to match,  but I don’t know if that head is the actual piece or edited.

Edited by a guy from somewhere

26 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

So someone has the hydro whipper on hand now, look pretty cool actually!

edit: it’s a concept design, makes sense as the torso and legs don’t seem to match,  but I don’t know if that head is the actual piece or edited.

It's all edited, even the head. I guess not everyone can see it but it's pretty obvious imo.

Yeah I see that now. Sorry about that, it looks pretty good from where I was. Do you think we will get anymore leaks now? We’ve seen 2 of the sets in box art, so they’re obviously ready, but it’s still February so I don’t have much hope. 

12 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Nya had enough colour switching. standard red, dark red, dark green, black, dark azure, gun metal grey...

That’s what happens when you decide that the fire ninja’s sister is the water ninja 5 years after you already made the lightning ninja blue. 

17 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

As it's Ninjago for sure it will be something mythical

Like the (never before mentioned) master of the sea is doing this because of that and so on.

Yeah, I definitely don't doubt that it'll be mythical causes. Having it being natural would for sure be kinda of a wasted potential. Was more on wondering how the water would flood the city - whether would it be through an invasive form like the villains entering the city via conjuring tsunamis or from within where the villains would enter through overloading the sewers with immense amount of water. Personally I'll prefer the former over the latter as an invasive force entering through a tsunami sounds more epic. But yeah, we'll definitely know when the time comes.

17 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

As I always say - Ninjago has unlimited potential. And they havent even taken new ninjas in. Now I do wonder if they are going to recast Cole's VA.

I'm quite curious on how are they going to handle that by the time of 2022.

16 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Yeah I see that now. Sorry about that, it looks pretty good from where I was. 

Yeah, while this is a concept, #legoleaks tends to have weird trend of editing colors on the minifigures for the sake of "recreation". It was a clever picking though, of Legacy 2021 Overlord's torso and armor which so happened that the resembling is very close to those who are unfamiliar with the minifigure.

1 hour ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

I'm quite curious on how are they going to handle that by the time of 2022.

Depending on the numbers (how well Ninjago still sells) the best choices are to continue as long as possible (like now) or a soft reboot - or even both at the same time.

They could retire some ninja or put them in different position. Like to give Lloyd a spin-off show that plays out in more medevil settings and create a theme around this while Jay and Nya become masters for a new team of young ninjas.

Or they can just make Skylor and character X a new ninja.
As overarching plot they could develope Kai into a villain, incooperate the royal family thingy somehow.... infinite possibilities. So far we had just one time travel episode and one season dedicated to this. A lot of room still to explore.

..the point being that I would rather develope something out of Ninjago then something completely new. So far none of the new themes have survived longer than 3 years.

Edit: Seeing that Jay's car has another ninja - I dont think its likely we really just get Zane in the water dragon set. Does anyone still know set prices and piece counts?

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

LEGO has finally released the 2nd part of Ninjago: A Musical Journey!

5 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

I always though they should follow the Power Rangers route and switch the protagonists every few years. 

I've personally always felt that March of the Oni should've been a propper season that would serve as the end of the current teams story. The show did technically end after MotO but with the 2nd series (which ditched the Master of Spinjitzu titled) there wasn't really any change besides a significant drop in story and animation quality. 

Just imagine MotO being a full season that ties up the teams story and then the new series would be the teams kids/grandkids or something.