48 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Sorry about the lack of photos, apparently you can only upload 51kb of photos. Any one got any ideas? The pics themselves are like 51mb so I’m trying to find a workaround. Some of the photos were taken after I had started rebuilding it mirrored as well, so the old city will look a bit strange.

You can upload them to Flickr and paste them here. Or you can use a Google File, Dropbox, or an Imgur album.

Also a tip, mirror one section at a time. Don’t take apart more than you have to. It’s super modular so you can take the buildings off the base and mirror just the base, and then move onto each building individually, which wasn’t possible with the original.

Edited by Cocoa

6 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Sorry about the lack of photos, apparently you can only upload 51kb of photos. Any one got any ideas? The pics themselves are like 51mb so I’m trying to find a workaround. Some of the photos were taken after I had started rebuilding it mirrored as well, so the old city will look a bit strange.

Got ninja'd. My bad!

Edited by MasterofElements
Late response

9 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

As for the Island set: I think it just suffers from requirements and limitations. The old sets for around 50-100 bucks had these huge modified plates and many other big chunky pieces. I think sometimes using these ("big ugly rock pieces) and putting out new versions of these plates, they could acomplish much more aestetically as well as with play features.

Here is one of these pieces in a castle theme - but there's many other examples; like for island themes. I still have some of these old pieces and they are fantastic for any landscape build.

https://brickset.com/sets/10176-1/King-s-Castle

Honestly, while I get what you mean, I'm not sure that's really a big factor for the Keepers' Village set specifically, since most sets that included raised baseplates back in the day would cost much, much more when you adjust their prices for inflation. For example, even though 5978 Sphinx Secret Surprise and 6584 Extreme Team Challenge cost $50 USD back in 1998, that equates to around $80 at the U.S. dollar's current value. Whereas $50 set from this year would be comparable in value to a $30 set from 1998 like 5958 Mummy's Tomb or 6568 Drag Race Rally, which would not have been any larger or more imposing than the Keeper's Village itself.

For that matter, most Castle, Pirates, or Space sets with raised baseplates cost considerably more than the Keepers' Village even BEFORE adjusting their prices for inflation. For example, 6983 Ice Station Odyssey cost $60 in 1993 (equivalent to $110.22 in 2021). 6082 Fire Breathing Fortress cost $64 that same year (equivalent to $117.57 in 2021). And 6273 Rock Island Refuge cost $66 in 1991 (equivalent to $128.60 in 2021)!

Needless to say, with or without a raised foundation, a set like the Keeper's Village would probably need a higher price point like $60 or $70 if it were to be much larger than it already is. After all, even 70604 Tiger Widow Island from five years ago — another $50 Ninjago set which DOES have a raised foundation kind of like you're describing — only gains that extra height in exchange for making the main structure skinnier, and the horizontal pathway towards it even more so. This set seems to boast a very similar amount of "substance" overall, just spread out more evenly across its full width, rather than concentrated into one narrow tower-like structure.

Heres the first pic of them together, as I said, I have already mirroed the old city, so its gonna look weird. Im making steady progress on it now, I've gotten to the museum section now. I will post pics of it completely mirrored when I'm finished. 

Im afraid some of the pictures are definitely not the best quality, I wasn't planning to post them here, but most of the mirrored ones look better. The only problem though is that they are mirrored. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

15 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:
Heres the first pic of them together, as I said, I have already mirroed the old city, so its gonna look weird. Im making steady progress on it now, I've gotten to the museum section now. I will post pics of it completely mirrored when I'm finished. 

Im afraid some of the pictures are definitely not the best quality, I wasn't planning to post them here, but most of the mirrored ones look better. The only problem though is that they are mirrored. 

That looks surprisingly good! Maybe it could be cool to tear down some walls when you're done, especially for the museum, as that would allow for larger interiors.

I have finished building the mirrored version of the gardens, I will post pics of it now. I have pics of it on its own, and next to the normal version. If anyone wants to construct it opposite, the hardest parts were the base plate layer and the water tiles, the little island at the back (not the pagoda island) and Chen’s noodle house. You don’t need any extra parts to build it, you only need to swap the 6x3 angled plate besides ronins shop with the opposite one underneath the ‘basement’ of the ice cream parlour. In incredible build, but I’m probably gonna change it back to it’s original. What a build!

I didn’t think the city work particularly well with multiples, but I am very impressed with how the Gardens looks with multiple copies. Even though it’s two of the same build, it doesn’t look like it. If you replaced just a few things, like the tower and zen roof house, it would look like two very distinct sets. I think the distribution of the buildings in Gardens was just very clever.

Edited by Cocoa

Thanks for the images.  I prefer asymmetric stuff but the center portion does look nice mirrored.  I'm through the ice cream shop building and everything feels a little less secure than I was hoping for though with the progression of build techniques for aesthetics I guess its to be expected.  My ultimate goal is a 3 baseplate by 6 baseplate layout that showcases them all with separate remote islands that incorporate the temple portion, the ideas treehouse (with heavy mods), the temple fair and spring lantern festivals, and perhaps the bonsai tree/s if I ever get them.  Need some additional boats as well to scale between destiny's bounty and the small single person boats. 

Oh that’s very nice. The museum looks so big and proper now! I’d just recommend fusing the two together in the center, unless you or your friend are opposed to that idea. I’m just thinking either center one of the towers, or combine the two to make one large tower. Also combining the window frames for the Ice Planet shop would look neat.

As a follow up, if you do decide to go this route and rebuild it mirrored, you can leave the main removable museum wall, the top part of the tree, the rooftop tea room (you have to lift it off the base its on), the main tower, the main walkway (you will have to move the handrail though on the inside side), the sand blue pillar outside ronins shop, the koi fish, and the main museum rooftop (you will have to move the tree to the other side), and the pagoda island. These do not require disassembly, which makes the process a bit faster.

7 minutes ago, Willworkfortoys said:

Thanks for the images.  I prefer asymmetric stuff but the center portion does look nice mirrored.  I'm through the ice cream shop building and everything feels a little less secure than I was hoping for though with the progression of build techniques for aesthetics I guess its to be expected.  My ultimate goal is a 3 baseplate by 6 baseplate layout that showcases them all with separate remote islands that incorporate the temple portion, the ideas treehouse (with heavy mods), the temple fair and spring lantern festivals, and perhaps the bonsai tree/s if I ever get them.  Need some additional boats as well to scale between destiny's bounty and the small single person boats. 

If it helps, I have a pic of the small boat I built that's heavily based of the one in the flying jelly sub. I'll upload it now. its designed to be piloted under the bridge of the 2017 city, though I don't own it so I'm building my own version. its only a single seater though.

Edited by a guy from somewhere

That's the boat, as I said, its heavily based on the one from the flying jelly sub. The forum for screen accurate mechs from the ninjago movie has some great Mocs of skiffs and other boats, one of my favourites being the 'sea monkey'. go check them out!

2 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

That's the boat, as I said, its heavily based on the one from the flying jelly sub. The forum for screen accurate mechs from the ninjago movie has some great Mocs of skiffs and other boats, one of my favourites being the 'sea monkey'. go check them out!

Looks good; I actually just bought that set (thought it still isn't here) as its one of the few TLNM sets still able to be gotten at MSRP for the boat.

20 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:
Well. Some of the images are a bit squished, sorry about that. 

Thank you for the images. Looks really great cmobined. I even prefer this version to the asymmetric one (two orginial sets connected).

I wonder how a district with four mirrored version would look like.

When we will get more info of the summer sets? As more info is revealed about The Island with trailers and such, more hyped I am about the villains of the summer wave (I believe we will get Wohira).

1 hour ago, Bloquerto said:

When we will get more info of the summer sets? As more info is revealed about The Island with trailers and such, more hyped I am about the villains of the summer wave (I believe we will get Wohira).

Sadly without any Toy Fairs or similar events this year, it's harder to predict any specific date when we might expect to get more info.

I did a 10 Minute Speed Build of the Ninjago City Gardens set to celebrate the 10 year anniversary. It took my more than 50 HOURS :pir_wacko: to build, shoot and edit this video. lol. But I think it was worth it. I hope you like it! :) Let me know what you think.

On 2/8/2021 at 2:54 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

Wow - thx for all the effort! Im really envy of you being able to look at this in person but happy also to see myself at least via pictures.

I would also probably try to combine the 2 museums into a big one. I tried making a building for a museum myself once, which should have featured at least a chunk of important weapons and molds from all the seasons (I gave up as it would have required like 4 floors ; ).

In any case Im happy that this thread sees more action this year. I think after Star Wars, it has reached the most pages so far.

Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

Looks like a good set, but I'm still a going back and forth on the price. @Guyon2002, is there any new info you're able to share or is it all under wraps?

Nothing yet but take in mind 2021 has just started.

I really like the sets; not to mention we never got a proper catamaran vehicle (in minifigure scale). I also think the tan, brown and bluish green colour's look nice.

I really dislike the grey bottom though; looks not fitting for this kind of vehicle.

8 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I really like the sets; not to mention we never got a proper catamaran vehicle (in minifigure scale). I also think the tan, brown and bluish green colour's look nice.

That's not true actually, even ignoring the big Friends one we still got a catamaran in a City set in 2017 :wink:

Edited by Guyon2002

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's not true actually, even ignoring the big Friends one we still got a catamaran in a City set in 2017 :wink:

clarification: a nonmodern-style catamaran (:

I forbid myself to purchase anything other than historic sea vehicles and the occasional dragon :cannon:

There was only the flying Wookie catamaran from SW EPIII maaany years ago.

Hi all - Just wanted to share a picture of my current Ninjago City display with the Gardens, Docks, and City. I've done some small modifications and additions overall, like moving the City's cherry blossom to the Temple Island and adding elements from the Monkie Kid sets. 

Ninjago City Display

Edited by MasterofElements