Ok now the plot has come out, Misako's expedition goes missing, ninja go after them, they find the keepers who uses lightning to power stuff, the keepers give sacrifices to a creature from the infinite sea (possibly connected to season 15? its a 45 mins special like DOTD and releases 27th February. I now want these sets even more!

Oh man, the plot definitely sounds really exciting and just saw the trailer too. The keepers looked even better there (and dare I say better than their minifigure counterpart which already looked so good) with the whole bizarre glowing purple and lightning-ish textures. Also I'm really intrigued with the mystical creature and it's connection with season 15. Looking forward to all this!

However.....

16 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

(possibly connected to season 15?) its a 45 mins special like DOTD 

Just curious, where do you find this info from? Because if The Island is a special like DotD, then season 15 would be 14 instead. And the other leak sources still treats it as a season.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

6 minutes ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Oh man, the plot definitely sounds really exciting and just saw the trailer too. The keepers looked even better there (and dare I say better than their minifigure counterpart which already looked so good) with the whole bizarre glowing purple and lightning-ish textures. Also I'm really intrigued with the mystical creature and it's connection with season 15. Looking forward to all this!

However.....

Just curious, where do you find this info from? Because if The Island is a special like DotD, then season 15 would be 14 instead. And the other leak sources still treats it as a season.

the info comes from this vid where the dude shows of info from a French website, where the trailer originated. ive tried to find the page but its unresponsive when I search it up in the search bar, and if I look it up on the website (France tv pro)  it seems to have been taken down unfortunately. this video does show what the website says though.

found the website,  https://www.francetvpro.fr/contenu-de-presse/7523169

Edited by a guy from somewhere

16 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

the info comes from this vid where the dude shows of info from a French website, where the trailer originated. ive tried to find the page but its unresponsive when I search it up in the search bar, and if I look it up on the website (France tv pro)  it seems to have been taken down unfortunately. this video does show what the website says though.

I see, thanks for showing it! Seems like if that's the case, they're pulling the whole dual chapters in one season format like SotFS again this time only slightly different where The Island is the pilot special of season 14 and the summer wave will cover the rest (since it's mentioned over there that it's going to air in June).

Can't say I'm not slightly disappointed that The Island is not a full fledged season since with the case of DotD and especially MotO, those could've benefitted from longer runtimes. Plus the plot sounds quite season worthy too. However. the 2011 pilot managed to pull off being quite exciting for a 40-ish minutes runtime. So yeah, I'm still definitely looking forward to this whatever the case this may turn out. 

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Ok now the plot has come out, Misako's expedition goes missing, ninja go after them, they find the keepers who uses lightning to power stuff, the keepers give sacrifices to a creature from the infinite sea (possibly connected to season 15? its a 45 mins special like DOTD and releases 27th February. I now want these sets even more!

Sounds interesting but the basic plot of Misako going missing on an expedition and the Ninja going after her sounds awfully similar to the Dark Island Trilogy. If S14 is connected to S15 that'be great though, maybe it's time for some kind of gigantic sea monster?

23 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sounds interesting but the basic plot of Misako going missing on an expedition and the Ninja going after her sounds awfully similar to the Dark Island Trilogy. If S14 is connected to S15 that'be great though, maybe it's time for some kind of gigantic sea monster?

My friend thinks that water dragon is this sea monster. I'm not sure about this, but I think he may be right, though I believe it's him we can see on Keeper's sheilds, but he doesn't look like dragon

Edited by Legofania

37 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I’ve seen a lot of people say the big creature (not the jungle dragon) is what’s on the box art, but I’m pretty sure it’s just a massive boat. The head looks way to still and it just dosent seem like something alive

On 1/22/2021 at 7:44 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, I love the nostalgic cards on the boxes, but I have one complaint. All ninjas have SP power of 1100 - except not all of them, because Jay's power is 1000. That's a slap to Jay's fans.

I can’t believe the disrespect the box designers have shown towards my homie Jay. (Especially because his movie redesign looks almost exactly like me if I were a Lego minifigure.) :iamded_lol:

The builds for the Cole and Zane sets were pretty lacking, but I think it’s pretty cool that the trans orange/blue/gray/yellow weapons in each of the sets have the Golden Weapons molded into them. 

On 1/22/2021 at 1:47 PM, Alegrispa said:

Welcome to Eurobricks! The entitlement of so many in the AFOL community is through the roof. Oddly enough so many people like to whine about minifigs while arguing "LEGO is not a toy!". It's ridiculous.

I for one think the colours of this set look quite nice, I always thought the other one looked a little dull. Honestly I'm quite surprised at the reception this set is getting.

That’s precisely why I haven’t been posting on here this week. Lego is supposed to be my escape from the toxicity of real life, but this AFOL community hasn’t really filled that purpose recently. The 2021 Star Wars thread has devolved back into complaining about a regional exclusive set from last year and in this thread, there was a fascinating debate about... ladders and stairs that weren’t included in the Gardens.

Anyway, The Island looks pretty interesting. It’s kinda interesting that we’re seeing the same “Ninja travel through the jungle without Wu” angle from the movie, as well as the “Misako goes missing on an expedition on a distant island” plot that @Guyon2002 pointed out, combined into this special. Most of the sets seem to be present in the trailer with the only notable omission so far being the guy with TLBM Joker’s hair in gray. 

Hopefully it shows up on Youtube, because Cartoon Network sure as hell won’t air it for months in the US. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by The Stud

13 hours ago, The Stud said:

That’s precisely why I haven’t been posting on here this week. Lego is supposed to be my escape from the toxicity of real life, but this AFOL community hasn’t really filled that purpose recently. The 2021 Star Wars thread has devolved back into complaining about a regional exclusive set from last year and in this thread, there was a fascinating debate about... ladders and stairs that weren’t included in the Gardens.

yeah, I think (hope) we’ve all stopped that talk now. The gardens is an amazing set, and I can’t wait to get my copy, so let’s keep the talk with the island sets now. I absolutely cannot wait for the episode where the ninja get their catamarans and try to get to the island, it looks great! I love how those scenes are done. Also, the jungle dragon does look different to its set form, and i honestly think the set form looks better.

Edited by a guy from somewhere

One 45 minute special is interesting as a direct lead into the summer stuff. I wonder which of the 3 dragons will end up being the sea creature. The jungle dragon, water dragon, or fire dragon? I doubt it’s the jungle dragon but based on the trailer I think it has potentially to be either the fire or water dragon

We are having a DOTD like episode for celebrating 10 years then the actual season comes out later I guess?

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

One 45 minute special is interesting as a direct lead into the summer stuff. I wonder which of the 3 dragons will end up being the sea creature. The jungle dragon, water dragon, or fire dragon? I doubt it’s the jungle dragon but based on the trailer I think it has potentially to be either the fire or water dragon

It breathed out fire yo, FIRE DRAGON IS HERE

3 hours ago, Legofania said:

My friend thinks that water dragon is this sea monster. I'm not sure about this, but I think he may be right, though I believe it's him we can see on Keeper's sheilds, but he doesn't look like dragon

ITS A FIRE DRAGON THAT LIVES UNDERWATER AND BREATHES OUT FIRE OMG

3 hours ago, Legofania said:

Lol, it breathes out fire, a water dragon shooting out fire... IMPOSSIBLE, no offense 

It was shooting out fire at the ninja, I rewatched it

Edited by FrostyPlayZa

17 minutes ago, FrostyPlayZa said:

We are having a DOTD like episode for celebrating 10 years then the actual season comes out later I guess?

It breathed out fire yo, FIRE DRAGON IS HERE

ITS A FIRE DRAGON THAT LIVES UNDERWATER AND BREATHES OUT FIRE OMG

Lol, it breathes out fire, a water dragon shooting out fire... IMPOSSIBLE, no offense 

It was shooting out fire at the ninja, I rewatched it

Ok, perhaps we should calm down a bit. This is a peaceful community (until the ladders get involved) ? also, nothing is confirmed, but it would make sense that there is 4 sets for only a 45 minute special.

So, yesterday some friends and I drove into Houston to visit a gaming store that had finished an expansion. (Goldmine, Richmond TX. AMAZING store, check it out if you are ever in the area) Then we drove into Houston proper and went to the Galleria. I, of course, wanted to go to the Lego store.

First, there was a line to get in. They had to limit the number of people allowed in at the same time. It wasn't a long line, but it was a line. Then, I was given hand sanitizer. The pick-a-brick wall was EMPTY as was the minifigure bin. Covid sucks.

But, they had several items in stock that are currently backordered at Lego.com I got my Ninjago Gardens, the Pirate Bay, Mos Eisly Cantina, the Elf Clubhouse, 2 Hidden Side sets that were on sale, two Chinese sets, and a couple of smaller items. Spent about 1300$ US.

Could have spent another $1000, if I had it to spend. They didn't have the Razorcrest, or the Monkie Kid sets I really want. I still need 2 modulars, the Haunted Mansion, and Sesame Street.

Still, quite a haul, and I am spending today building my Ninjago City Gardens.

Just finished to build the gardens.

it’s very impressive and some interesting technics of assembly.

but one thing worried me: too much use of small parts instead of a normal one.

example: 3 2x1 plates instead of 6x1 plate, or 2 2x1 instead of one 4x1...

Same for bricks !

lot of examples like them.

I don’t understand why they do that. If it’s only to increase the number of parts on the box...

Just now, Toitoine said:

but one thing worried me: too much use of small parts instead of a normal one.

Same for bricks !

lot of examples like them.

I don’t understand why they do that. If it’s only to increase the number of parts on the box...

that caught me up a few times, it was really weird when in the same bag there were already a few of the larger plates that would work. The only reasonable explanation for this is that lego internally prices some 6x1 plates more than 2 3x1 plates. but that is kind of strange as 2 smaller parts take more plastic than one large one.

4 hours ago, turk187 said:

I got my Ninjago Gardens, the Pirate Bay, Mos Eisly Cantina, the Elf Clubhouse, 2 Hidden Side sets that were on sale, two Chinese sets, and a couple of smaller items. Spent about 1300$ US.

*huh* quite the haul!

3 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

The final part of our review, combining 71741 NINJAGO City Gardens with 70620 NINJAGO City and 70657 NINJAGO City Docks, along with 80107 Spring Lantern Festival, will be published shortly. The range of possible combinations is surprising!”

I’m looking forward to this!

6 hours ago, captain jari said:

that caught me up a few times, it was really weird when in the same bag there were already a few of the larger plates that would work. The only reasonable explanation for this is that lego internally prices some 6x1 plates more than 2 3x1 plates. but that is kind of strange as 2 smaller parts take more plastic than one large one.

Lego only makes so many parts in so many colors. So, when they use 2 bricks were one could do it is often, but not always, because the larger brick is not made in that color.

But, when building a batmobile I had the same issue with two black parts where one would do, and they had the single brick in the set somewhere else. Not sure why they did that.

2 hours ago, turk187 said:

Lego only makes so many parts in so many colors. So, when they use 2 bricks were one could do it is often, but not always, because the larger brick is not made in that color.

But, when building a batmobile I had the same issue with two black parts where one would do, and they had the single brick in the set somewhere else. Not sure why they did that.

There where a few times when putting gardens together and not paying attention to the instruction two carefully I ended up using larger part like a 6x1 plate instead of two 3x1 plates and then had to undo my mistake when I got to a latter instruction (still with the same bag of parts) that needed the 6x1 to work.  so it seemed really strange to my that they didn't replace the two 3x1 with a 6x1 when there were multiple of the both types in the same color in the same bag.  being in the same bag it would be even easier to change then if the parts where used further apart during building.

32 minutes ago, captain jari said:

There where a few times when putting gardens together and not paying attention to the instruction two carefully I ended up using larger part like a 6x1 plate instead of two 3x1 plates and then had to undo my mistake when I got to a latter instruction (still with the same bag of parts) that needed the 6x1 to work.  so it seemed really strange to my that they didn't replace the two 3x1 with a 6x1 when there were multiple of the both types in the same color in the same bag.  being in the same bag it would be even easier to change then if the parts where used further apart during building.

They might actually do that to increase part count. But, I'm sure they have SOME reason. Even if it doesn't make sense to us.

12 hours ago, Toitoine said:

Extra wall texture, ever so subtle? Or easier to place down, or remove, in that particular situation? Nothing else comes to mind.. except inflating the piece count. :shrug_confused:

The NewElementary interviews are really interesting, though I'm definetely glad we didn't end up getting that version of Borg Tower. Really doesn't look good in my opinion.