34 minutes ago, dangerous dice said:

sadly, the garden seems a little out of my price range, but it looks cool!

Does it come closer if you can recoup $80? Because that is what Master Wu is selling for on eBay.

5 minutes ago, turk187 said:

Does it come closer if you can recoup $80? Because that is what Master Wu is selling for on eBay.

thanks for the tip! i'll check it out!

Mine arrived yesterday - started building tonight! So far, so good! Feels similar to NC, but very different footprint. Bigger bricks down at the bottom...

18 hours ago, Willworkfortoys said:

I received my set Monday but am going back to put together or reassembling City, Docks, and Destiny's Bounty first before this one.  I am still baffled by the way this set was released; minimal fanfare, no early access to reviews for the main sites I frequent (and still no reviews from them) or seemingly early reviews from anyone.  I may be unable to see something obvious since I'm viewing through the lens of an AFOL but seeing as how Ninjago City is regularly regarded as one of the best sets, if not THE best set of all time, the release of a very close counterpart in this way is so so weird.  Aside from the normal fear of knockoffs my only suspicion would be intentional underplaying of this set so that it didn't sell out in minutes and get massive blowback from people screaming OOS or similarly some other PR concern that I'm missing.   Strangest release of a set over $150 I can recall. 

My guess is because this was the VIP only release & not the public one. 

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

My guess is because this was the VIP only release & not the public one. 

Who buys a $300 LEGO set and doesn't have a VIP account? It's going to be a tiny fraction of sets sold. I always thought the VIP early release thing was just a way to get more people to sign up to the program if they were new to LEGO.

I got my gardens yesterday. holy cow that box is heavy.  mine came packed in a heavier box that fir the set perfectly.  i never got a set boxed like that.  usually the flimsy boxes that are open hand the time cause fed ex is a mess in my area.  i didn't start it yet cause my daughter is hounding me about it so so will prob do it.  i'll get to sit to the side again and watch like i have with my last few sets.  lol  she blows through them.  i keep telling her you have to take your time and enjoy the journey. its not about the destination.  she doesn't get it.  what does a 10 year old know anyway.  lol  i am so happy she likes doing them though with me.  we can't wait to start though.  

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

Who buys a $300 LEGO set and doesn't have a VIP account?

Me and everyone else I know whose country doesn't exist according to Lego and you can't open a VIP account? ☺

The DPD tracking is now telling me that it’s in Belgium, but yesterday  it said it would be delivered in 2 business days, and unless they have a free pass over the border or a secret group of Lego smugglers, I’ve not got much faith in this. Brickset are gonna publish their review of it over the week end, so that will be good to see the set and what the brickset guys think about it.

3 hours ago, Merlo said:

Me and everyone else I know whose country doesn't exist according to Lego and you can't open a VIP account? ☺

Ah. That's very frustrating. Sorry!

Wish we had more professional photos of all the Ninjago City sets together

3 hours ago, Modal said:

Wish we had more professional photos of all the Ninjago City sets together

I think the challenge (so far) has been that even reviewers who have "professional" photo setups for their typical Lego reviews (with backdrops, professional lighting, etc.) might not have a backdrop/light box big enough for two of these sets, let alone all three. Never say never, of course... the more people who get the set, the more likely a skilled photographer will step up to fill that void.

For my part, even if I had such a setup (sadly I do not), it'd take a lot of prep simply to get the first two sets dust-free enough for such high-quality photos, since they've been built and sitting on a shelf for a while. That could certainly be another barrier to getting the sets photographed together like that.

Edited by Lyichir

Anyone who has NCG already, what size would a custom modular segment have to be to fit in the same size as the buildings within the set?

7 hours ago, JaHawk2009 said:

Anyone who has NCG already, what size would a custom modular segment have to be to fit in the same size as the buildings within the set?

The buildings are assymetrical, so a bit hard to tell. I only finished the old world part.
In any case, the outer straight wall for 3 of the buildings is 11 studs long, the inner 10. Then the angled section of each building starts to add to the overall length with brackets on the inner wall and add-on SNOT construction on the outer. The buildings are all 8 studs wide.

For those worrying about the solitude of the Ninja fan, Christina has a way out of her room. Its small wonder she's a fan of the Ninja's though, she really needs to Legoport back in her room. ;)

Edited by GeoBrick

Finished building all 4 of Epic Battle Sets.

Minfigures are all great, I love the unique costumes all ninjas have (especially Jay and Kai), it's also good to get all those different villains.

The buildings on the other hand are kinda lacking. Stand from Cole set looks terrible around the roof, Zane's is okay and other two are good.

It's just that I think they should include something more to make it worth $10, for example a Spinner or another side build.

Also, I love the nostalgic cards on the boxes, but I have one complaint. All ninjas have SP power of 1100 - except not all of them, because Jay's power is 1000. That's a slap to Jay's fans.

Belgium has closed its borders, and  My gardens set has been stuck in customs control for 3 days now. DPD have said multiple times I would receive it today, so yeah. I’m gonna take it that DPD is also non essential. Will I have to pay import taxes for this? I have a bad feeling I will have to....

On 1/17/2021 at 11:43 PM, zoth33 said:

I find it unbelievable in this day and age that adults are triggered and whining over a kids toy.

Welcome to Eurobricks! The entitlement of so many in the AFOL community is through the roof. Oddly enough so many people like to whine about minifigs while arguing "LEGO is not a toy!". It's ridiculous.

I for one think the colours of this set look quite nice, I always thought the other one looked a little dull. Honestly I'm quite surprised at the reception this set is getting.

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Belgium has closed its borders, and  My gardens set has been stuck in customs control for 3 days now. 

Just to the UK, or for everybody? And, is it because of Covid, or something else?

1 hour ago, Alegrispa said:

I for one think the colours of this set look quite nice, I always thought the other one looked a little dull. Honestly I'm quite surprised at the reception this set is getting.

I never thought of NC as dull, until NCG came out. And, the reception seems mostly positive. There are some nitpicky issues, but overall people seem to really like the gardens.

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Belgium has closed its borders, and  My gardens set has been stuck in customs control for 3 days now. DPD have said multiple times I would receive it today, so yeah. I’m gonna take it that DPD is also non essential. Will I have to pay import taxes for this? I have a bad feeling I will have to....

Eek, something else to be anxious about! I can't see it applying to us as we paid vat at checkout, and I did find this:

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/service/help/shopping/online-shop/customs-duties-and-taxes-408100000008563

Still, fingers crossed.

4 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Legally speaking, we paid VAT at checkout (if ordering on the UK GBP site) so we shouldn't have to pay any additional customs fees. We ordered, ostensibly, from a UK retailer. They then chose to ship from Europe, so they'd pay import fees. 

Borders are closed for non-essential tourism -and recreational traveling, not for products. A truck full of Lego merchandize shouldn't present a problem, and neither would the channel crossing of the truck driver since he's doing an essential job.

I reckon delays in merchant traffic is due to Brexit. Customs checks and such. Could be there's a legal battle behind doors as whether there need to be additional fees paid or not. Or simply lack of manpower to clear things.

3 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Or simply lack of manpower to clear things.

It’s this.

So someone found the season 14 trailer, and im not going to go over it all, as this forums mainly for the sets, but I would like to point out some very interesting things, mainly the vehicles. Most of the vehicles used seem to be multiplied, like in 1 shot here's 3 of Lloyds jungle bike, and in another there's 2 of Kai's catamaran. these arn't some magic hallucination made by the keepers though, as the catamarans are launched from the bounty (boat-ception?). I have to credit the producers of the show for also including a sets side build into an episode, as that almost never happens nowadays, with Zane's windsurfer from the jungle dragon set accompanying the 2 catamarans. The keeper minifigs also seem to be neon purple, and they make Jay a sort of god, so they incorporate lightning into their life styles. Story wise, it appears that someone with the name "Montgomery Garmadon" has gone missing, and Wu, Misako, Clutch and Clutch's sidekick goes after them, then the ninja go after the latter team. I am confused with the use of Lloyds mid and last name being used, but Lloyd looks like they go after Wu and Misako. I really have 2 theories, either Clutch goes missing and Wu and Misako go after them, then the ninja follow, or wu and Misako thinks Lloyd has gone after clutch, they go after Lloyd and the team and then the ninja crew haven't even left, so they have to go get both teams out. Its also interesting how we have a trailer for the season episodes 2 months before we get the sets.

trailer in the highest quality I could find: 

Edit, a new version has been found, and it shows the start, where one of the explorer clubs members tells Lloyd that Misako Montgomery Garmadon has gone missing. I guess this means misako wand wu get sent to go with clutch or something, and the ninja go and follow after them.

Edited by a guy from somewhere