Video of a lovely layout of CIty, Docks (x2), and Gardens, along with the Temple of Airjitzu and Green Ninja Mech Dragon. Mixing things up, the depth you get from the extra sets is really terrific, but in this example the large waterways are somewhat lost. I think it looks terrific.

13 hours ago, chezzymann said:

My biggest criticism is how the layout is essentially the same as ninjago city but with a gap in the middle instead of the side. Could have been more imaginative. I would have preferred a straight section like this: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ab/ea/9c/abea9cb50b37ae0e587afeb3023262a3.jpg

I think the similarities come from both being corner layouts with a large pillar at the center, even using the same conical piece. Not to mention the tall skyscraper-esque towers. These factors alone make the layouts look similar, but one can argue it also makes the two look unified.

Although, everything else about the layouts is quite different. The city's layout is designed to incorporate a bridge and elevator, while the Gardens' layout isn't. As a result, the city has larger buildings condensed in one area, while the Gardens has smaller buildings scattered about.

In regards to the MOC you shared, I will say this. I have great respect for MOCists who take on such daunting projects. That said, I am relieved LEGO did not go this route. The MOC you shared after asking for something more imaginative uses many of LEGO's previous ideas. In fact, it uses the same exact bridge and building from NC's old world, not to mention Cafe Corner as the template for the street level. Of course, the execution here is pleasing to the eye, with a creative way of incorporating these designs into a new layout. And I am not against re-using designs if they work. I just feel like LEGO has a special "Midas touch" when it comes to these sets. I just haven't seen too many extension MOCs that quite have the "wow factor" of LEGO's. Especially this new Gardens, which is really something special with its vibrant palette and memorable design.

Also, please make sure you credit the designers. This MOC specifically was made by Brick Ninja, who also has another NC MOC if you're interested in checking it out.

Now that was positively weird.

Never received a confirmation mail from Lego on my order of the Gardens, but last night things got moving and it was delivered this afternoon.
Just collected the box from my pickup point.

So, one happy ninja here, let the building begin...

1 hour ago, GeoBrick said:

Now that was positively weird.

Never received a confirmation mail from Lego on my order of the Gardens, but last night things got moving and it was delivered this afternoon.
Just collected the box from my pickup point.

So, one happy ninja here, let the building begin...

You got lucky! Good to hear people are now receiving their copy’s, but still nothing on the UK front. I also completely agree with giving credit to the MOC designers, they do some incredible work. I’d love to see an event like TBB ninjago city event where everyone brings a custom section and connects it. I was thinking about a possibility of a legacy blacksmith shop for Kai but with the release of the ideas set imminent now, I’ve lost hope. I would of loved to have seen a £25/30$ set that included an exclusive blacksmith Kai, a legacy Nya in her OG robes, a couple of skull kin and master Wu. Can’t forget that map either.

Edited by a guy from somewhere

I received my copy of the gardens today. Amazingly fast delivery got the confirmation of the sending yesterday ? 

Seems there’s probably a shipping hub somewhere in Benelux?

I’ve discovered a new found patience these days, what with work, kids, and literally everything taking a lot longer to deliver. 

Got Spring Lantern and NG in a race (more tortoise than hare) to see who will be delivered first. It’ll be a nice surprise if one lands before the weekend.

4 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Video of a lovely layout of CIty, Docks (x2), and Gardens, along with the Temple of Airjitzu and Green Ninja Mech Dragon. Mixing things up, the depth you get from the extra sets is really terrific, but in this example the large waterways are somewhat lost. I think it looks terrific.

I don’t suppose there are instructions on how he did that are there

17 minutes ago, MagicalMuffinDruide said:

It doesn't look all that complicated. Its 2 docks, one slightly modded and the Temple of Airjitzu with water tiles added.

28 minutes ago, MagicalMuffinDruide said:

Nothing is mentioned in the video or description. The tone of it is that he cobbled it together ad hoc, so I suspect it's not planned formally with instructions. There's an email address under the video, so maybe ask for more images?

35 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

I’ve discovered a new found patience these days, what with work, kids, and literally everything taking a lot longer to deliver. 

Got Spring Lantern and NG in a race (more tortoise than hare) to see who will be delivered first. It’ll be a nice surprise if one lands before the weekend.

My copy of the set seemed to have come from a depot in a community called Puurs, Belgium.
Now, I don't know if this depot is of the courier, or from Lego.

Well, after seeing some more videos, I think I have been convinced that the best way to display Ninjago City is Gardens on the left, docks in middle, City on right. This way you can keep all the balconies without having to shift anything around. Only worry I have is that my lighting kits won’t look as nice with the side of City that is being shown. We’ll see what happens though.

8 hours ago, Cocoa said:

I just feel like LEGO has a special "Midas touch" when it comes to these sets. I just haven't seen too many extension MOCs that quite have the "wow factor" of LEGO's.

The best (imo) Ninjago City expansion that I've seen so far is this tiny 8-wide little alley.

https://imgur.com/gallery/wIXPPDq

It packs in an incredible amount of detail into the small space, and matches the official aesthetic perfectly.

2 minutes ago, Ql97 said:

The best (imo) Ninjago City expansion that I've seen so far is this tiny 8-wide little alley.

It packs in an incredible amount of detail into the small space, and matches the official aesthetic perfectly.

Yeah I think I have to agree. There's just so much put into such a tiny build, and I love how it's done. Especially the incorporation of the City Chase set.

6 hours ago, Ql97 said:

I have to agree. Amazing design! The creator is called ‘twogles’ and they are an incredible builder.

I received my set Monday but am going back to put together or reassembling City, Docks, and Destiny's Bounty first before this one.  I am still baffled by the way this set was released; minimal fanfare, no early access to reviews for the main sites I frequent (and still no reviews from them) or seemingly early reviews from anyone.  I may be unable to see something obvious since I'm viewing through the lens of an AFOL but seeing as how Ninjago City is regularly regarded as one of the best sets, if not THE best set of all time, the release of a very close counterpart in this way is so so weird.  Aside from the normal fear of knockoffs my only suspicion would be intentional underplaying of this set so that it didn't sell out in minutes and get massive blowback from people screaming OOS or similarly some other PR concern that I'm missing.   Strangest release of a set over $150 I can recall. 

10 minutes ago, Willworkfortoys said:

I am still baffled by the way this set was released; minimal fanfare, no early access to reviews for the main sites I frequent (and still no reviews from them) or seemingly early reviews from anyone.  I may be unable to see something obvious since I'm viewing through the lens of an AFOL but seeing as how Ninjago City is regularly regarded as one of the best sets, if not THE best set of all time, the release of a very close counterpart in this way is so so weird.  Aside from the normal fear of knockoffs my only suspicion would be intentional underplaying of this set so that it didn't sell out in minutes and get massive blowback from people screaming OOS or similarly some other PR concern that I'm missing.   Strangest release of a set over $150 I can recall. 

It wouldn't surprise me that they don't need to create fuss about it. Their production capacity is sooo limited at the moment either in catching up with backorders/out of stock issues, that the amount they would sell without fanfare and all the  community of lego forums that are aware of it and be buying it, would still easily outsell their production run up to becoming back order issues. Also means they save money on marketing. 
Then by the time they can catch up and start a decent run on it, people buying it have already created the fanfare for them.

12 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

It wouldn't surprise me that they don't need to create fuss about it. Their production capacity is sooo limited at the moment either in catching up with backorders/out of stock issues, that the amount they would sell without fanfare and all the  community of lego forums that are aware of it and be buying it, would still easily outsell their production run up to becoming back order issues. Also means they save money on marketing. 
Then by the time they can catch up and start a decent run on it, people buying it have already created the fanfare for them.

Interestingly, it's still in stock on S@H in the US, which I was surprised about.

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

This makes sense; although having no idea of production numbers and demand relative to similar licensed products it really is hard to gauge with any certainty. 

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

Interestingly, it's still in stock on S@H in the US, which I was surprised about.

I did notice that the max quantity on this was two and I believe some other recent large releases were three but I'm also surprised by it.  I really hope it sells well enough to warrant at least one more expansion of 32x32 footprint.

21 hours ago, Lucarex said:

SL arrived this morning (as suspected the sender address was given as LEGO, Geel, Belgium) and had email confirming delivery of NG on Friday.

Both were release day buys, although SL was a back order.

Edited by Lucarex

Just got an email about my gardens set, it’s apparently been shipped, and will be at my house by Saturday! I haven’t had any emails prior to this except the one telling me I actually ordered it, so this is a pleasant surprise! To anyone who has the set already, I must ask, what’s your favourite feature/ reference? I’m interested to see if there’s one main one or if everyone has different preferences. Personally mine is the micro destiny’s bounty. It looks amazing at that scale!

2 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

To anyone who has the set already, I must ask, what’s your favourite feature/ reference?

Not quite in hand yet but love the micro Temple of Airjitzu and also in general, the massive koi in clownfish livery.

20 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Just got an email about my gardens set, it’s apparently been shipped, and will be at my house by Saturday! I haven’t had any emails prior to this except the one telling me I actually ordered it, so this is a pleasant surprise! To anyone who has the set already, I must ask, what’s your favourite feature/ reference? I’m interested to see if there’s one main one or if everyone has different preferences. Personally mine is the micro destiny’s bounty. It looks amazing at that scale!

I've never been the best at picking favorites... but overall my favorite architectural feature is probably the massive angled build of the museum, my favorite reference might be the Keeper's Village and Catamaran Sea Battle sets on the shelf of the Ninjago fan's apartment, and my favorite easter egg is probably the one underneath Ronin's shop (the very first sticker that's applied).

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

On at least two occasions, I have actually gotten a Lego shipment before I go the shipping notice. I am NOT complaining. Just saying...