It baffles me how long people have been moaning about such a non-issue. Not every floor/room being readily accessible by an in-universe character is part of LEGO's aesthetic, always has been. If you don't like the look of it either don't buy it or build an add-on yourself, constantly moaning about it on an online forum won't change a thing.

And I must also say I'm surprised to see people bitching so much about the planning that was/wasn't done for this model, you guys act like all of you work at LEGO and thus have both insider knowledge about the design process of the set and years of experience in the field. Cut the guy some slack, he was tasked with creating a gigantic new Ninjago City model and delivered a magnificent addition to the collection. I highly doubt most of you would be able to design a model like this.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It baffles me how long people have been moaning about such a non-issue. Not every floor/room being readily accessible by an in-universe character is part of LEGO's aesthetic, always has been. If you don't like the look of it either don't buy it or build an add-on yourself, constantly moaning about it on an online forum won't change a thing.

And I must also say I'm surprised to see people bitching so much about the planning that was/wasn't done for this model, you guys act like all of you work at LEGO and thus have both insider knowledge about the design process of the set and years of experience in the field. Cut the guy some slack, he was tasked with creating a gigantic new Ninjago City model and delivered a magnificent addition to the collection. I highly doubt most of you would be able to design a model like this.

Any reason to be personal? Or why you overreact so much? Its almost like u did the set and the critique is on you ? Calm down. Everyone here has a right to say his/her opinion even though you dont like it. And if you havent noticed this “bitching” are just replies to other members. 

EDIT:

I have every right to "bitch" about Lego sets, since I am the customer. I am paying for those, so I can critique them as anybody else can.  :)

Edited by Blazej_Holen

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah, it’s probably best we all stop crapping on this set now. I still can’t wait to get it, and I’m happy we’re even getting something like this. I’ve always wanted a ninjago movie modular, but they’re really damn expensive, so to get one now 3 years on, it’s nothing short of a miracle. Unfortunately, the negatives have much more of an impact than the positives, no matter how many there are. Sets can always be improved. still and incredible set though.

Edited by a guy from somewhere

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'll be honest... I couldn't agree more. 

If people think accessibility inconsistency is an issue, how do you think the creator modular fans feel?? Oh wait, they mostly accept the inconsistencies because adding a toiket/kitchen/living space in every build would take details away from things that actually make the focus of the set. 

I get you're welcome to air your opinion/dislike of lack of access, but cmon, people making out like it's a slap in their face that it's not included. Claiming logic should / could have been used?

Logic is, they're ninjas. They figure out their own way. Logic is, adults will display it and thus, the requirement of a ladder to every room is irrelevant because the display value is in the details of the buildings and interiors and overall aesthetic of the exterior. A missing ladder here or there doesn't take away anything from it.

Logic is, kids that do play with this set, as mentioned by Guyon, will just hop the characters to the floors with no direct access, or make them ninja flip to it. 

Logic is, as an adult, you'd understand that it's better to have a beautiful looking pagoda than some boring pointless stairs. As a kid, you *gasp* use your imagination to get them to the 'inaccessible' areas... 

Logic is... Simply buy a few of these which are cheap as chips: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=63141&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Stick them to the inaccessible areas, and all your problems are solved. 

Logic is not, to take away a nice side build of a pagoda, to add a few pointless stairs that *dont* add to the aesthetic of the set, but do fill in the blanks to the lack of imagination in someone's head. 

Edited by Fuppylodders

29 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

I'll be honest... I couldn't agree more. 

If people think accessibility inconsistency is an issue, how do you think the creator modular fans feel?? Oh wait, they mostly accept the inconsistencies because adding a toiket/kitchen/living space in every build would take details away from things that actually make the focus of the set. 

I get you're welcome to air your opinion/dislike of lack of access, but cmon, people making out like it's a slap in their face that it's not included. Claiming logic should / could have been used?

Logic is, they're ninjas. They figure out their own way. Logic is, adults will display it and thus, the requirement of a ladder to every room is irrelevant because the display value is in the details of the buildings and interiors and overall aesthetic of the exterior. A missing ladder here or there doesn't take away anything from it.

Logic is, kids that do play with this set, as mentioned by guyin, will just hop the characters to the floors with no direct access, or make them ninja flip to it. 

Logic is, as an adult, you'd understand that it's better to have a beautiful looking pagoda than some boring pointless stairs. As a kid, you *gasp* use your imagination to get them to the 'inaccessible' areas... 

Logic is... Simply buy a few of these which are cheap as chips: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=63141&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Stick them to the inaccessible areas, and all your problems are solved. 

Logic is not, to take away a nice side build of a pagoda, to add a few pointless stairs that *dont* add to the aesthetic of the set, but do fill in the blanks to the lack of imagination in someone's head. 

Oh gosh, is this some king of cult of a NCG set worshipers or what? Its becoming an obssesion :D

Just a few responds to your arguments:

1) "Logic is, they're ninjas. They figure out their own way. Logic is, adults will display it and thus, the requirement of a ladder to every room is irrelevant because the display value is in the details of the buildings and interiors and overall aesthetic of the exterior. A missing ladder here or there doesn't take away anything from it."

Oh really? So what about ordinary citizens? Isnt it a CITY? Not a NINJA fortress right? :) Its nice to have details such as a hidden plumbing and other small "surprises" but accessibility is far more bigger deal than you might think. And you cant compare it to the modulars and their missing toilets. As I recall all three NC sets share only ONE toilet. I never saw a modular without stairs. At the same time you could say, they are closed, and just standing on the shelves...right? But still they have stairs. How so? ('cause multiple levels in a city without access is just lame).

2) "Logic is, as an adult, you'd understand that it's better to have a beautiful looking pagoda than some boring pointless stairs. As a kid, you *gasp* use your imagination to get them to the 'inaccessible' areas... "

Explain me please this "logic"? What logic is there? Its more of a subjective feeling than logical fact. 

3) "Logic is, kids that do play with this set, as mentioned by guyin, will just hop the characters to the floors with no direct access, or make them ninja flip to it." 

I mentioned that as well. Nobody bothered to answer the question why previous NC sets designers bothers with such a think, when its logical not to put a stairs or boring lift there?

All in all, as i said (wrote), I consider that set as a beautiful nice assortment of parts mish-mashed together, which creates something representable on a shelf. I think for kids and minors it will be nice for play (but at the same time annoying to attach or dismantle separate floors all the time to get inside). Overal aesthetics is cool. But please do not force me to accept your "logic" as I am not forcing you to accept my critique. 

This is certainly not a forum for Lego worshipers (only positive comments are allowed), but rather for fans both KFOLS and AFOLS to discuss their opinions or exchange info about Lego and their sets. I am sorry If you feel offended by me and those who raised some critique. :) Maybe next add on will be better (I already heard that NC and NCD might be re released, so perhaps then this set would make more sense). 

Edited by Blazej_Holen

3 hours ago, Bilis said:

You're all complaining about inaccessibility but wasn't the second level of the Old World also inaccessible in Ninjago City? 

Nope. There's an old-fashioned ladder in the alley leading up to a small platform enabling access to both the tearoom and the bedroom.

I mean the thing I don’t get is most of us AFOLS here are just going to put it on a shelf and display for 99% of the time, there’s really no need to have all that accessibility. The aesthetic comes first since it’s a display piece and honestly on that  front, the designers killed it because not only is it a worthy addition to the Ninjago modulates, it’s got its own identity as well. But if you want to complain, go right ahead, this is just my two cents.

1 hour ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Oh gosh, is this some king of cult of a NCG set worshipers or what? Its becoming an obssesion :D

Just a few responds to your arguments:

1) "Logic is, they're ninjas. They figure out their own way. Logic is, adults will display it and thus, the requirement of a ladder to every room is irrelevant because the display value is in the details of the buildings and interiors and overall aesthetic of the exterior. A missing ladder here or there doesn't take away anything from it."

Oh really? So what about ordinary citizens? Isnt it a CITY? Not a NINJA fortress right? :) Its nice to have details such as a hidden plumbing and other small "surprises" but accessibility is far more bigger deal than you might think. And you cant compare it to the modulars and their missing toilets. As I recall all three NC sets share only ONE toilet. I never saw a modular without stairs. At the same time you could say, they are closed, and just standing on the shelves...right? But still they have stairs. How so? ('cause multiple levels in a city without access is just lame).

2) "Logic is, as an adult, you'd understand that it's better to have a beautiful looking pagoda than some boring pointless stairs. As a kid, you *gasp* use your imagination to get them to the 'inaccessible' areas... "

Explain me please this "logic"? What logic is there? Its more of a subjective feeling than logical fact. 

3) "Logic is, kids that do play with this set, as mentioned by guyin, will just hop the characters to the floors with no direct access, or make them ninja flip to it." 

I mentioned that as well. Nobody bothered to answer the question why previous NC sets designers bothers with such a think, when its logical not to put a stairs or boring lift there?

All in all, as i said (wrote), I consider that set as a beautiful nice assortment of parts mish-mashed together, which creates something representable on a shelf. I think for kids and minors it will be nice for play (but at the same time annoying to attach or dismantle separate floors all the time to get inside). Overal aesthetics is cool. But please do not force me to accept your "logic" as I am not forcing you to accept my critique. 

This is certainly not a forum for Lego worshipers (only positive comments are allowed), but rather for fans both KFOLS and AFOLS to discuss their opinions or exchange info about Lego and their sets. I am sorry If you feel offended by me and those who raised some critique. :) Maybe next add on will be better (I already heard that NC and NCD might be re released, so perhaps then this set would make more sense). 

Bit of a hypocrite there, stating how one shouldn't force you to accept an opposing critique (I'm not forcing you to, just countering your points), but then mocking those for having opposing opinions by claiming we are worshippers of these ninjago sets where the designer couldn't do any wrong and thus implying our opinions are invalid compared to yours. 

If you claim me to be a worshipper of ninjago/designer, then you must be some kind of worshipper of stairs. 

I didn't specify stairs in modulars. Yes, they do all have them. But not all apartment buildings in the modulars have living amenities. Not all have beds. Or baths. Or showers. Or cupboards. Not all buildings contain typical things that make sense. The book store only has a couple of actual books, the rest are representations. There are many criticisms of the modulars for missing things, but there has to be compromises. 

Accessibility is only as big a deal as one makes of it. As such, some people understand the unimportance of a lack of ladder. Some people can't look past it. 

OK, so, you're right, it is a city, with civilians. What about disabled access huh? How do wheelchair bound people get access to those higher places up the ladders, if you want to get finicky about it... 

The logic of including the pagoda is much more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than the lack of a pagoda and a couple of stairs added that one wouldn't typically give a second look at because stairs are stairs. They're just a means to an imaginary value. A pagoda adds not only another play area, but another item to add a nice looking piece of scenery and something to make you look at in awe. No one looks at stairs with awe. 

If playing with the set, if the stairs are missing how will the characters ever enjoy the upper space? Ohh.. Fingers and imagination will figure a way for civilians to magically make their way up to it. Therefore, ladder isn't missed. If there is no pagoda, will fingers and imagination play with minifigs in a space imagining a pagoda to be there? Nope. Pagoda is missed. 

Therefore, pagoda>stairs, aesthetically, and playfully. 

Display value, stairs add an imaginary and needless method of figures to move about, which let's be honest, you'll never actually have the figures hobble up or down the stairs if they are there. It's purely imagination of the 'potential' that they 'could' go up them. Miss the stairs out? The beauty of the set isn't affected, the lack of stairs removes nothing because you're not going to play with it. 

If you want a scaled replica of something, I hate to break it to you, this is lego. It's still essentially a toy, regardless aimed at adults or not. Lego sets are *always* designed with compromise in every single set. NC has all stairs and no random side build. Be happy, you got what you want and what is important to you, in that set. NG has some stairs and a side build. Be happy that is has a side build and less stairs.

Just as you place importance in stairs, and I don't place importance in stairs, how can you then not think 'some designers must also place importance in stairs, while others place importance elsewhere, into an additional side build'... 

If you think too narrow minded that every designer must always think the same to please accessibility fans because one got it right for you, you're wrong. *That* is why it gets done differently between each set. But even if the same designer did both sets, they can choose when to place importance on something, and when to remove that importance and place it into something else. 

I enjoy the added value that stairs promotes a 'view' of imaginary accessibility. I equally enjoy the lack of stairs to add a side build. I appreciate the difference in choices for each set to add something different. I don't see it as a negative point in any manner. 

I'm not offended by your/anyone's critique, I just don't understand it nor the point of it, nor the importance placed upon it when lego is such a versatile interchangeable toy, when importance is placed in something that ultimately takes no play value away if one were to actually play with it and require their minifigs to make their way between the different levels. 

It is a difference in understanding between us, not a feeling of offense. 

I do agree with you that it could be seen as annoying to have to remove floors to be able to play with it, but, that is a good compromise if the buildings are not left open backed, which for a display set that can be displayed in any of its 4 sides, wouldn't be so aesthetically pleasing. I'd also call it a good compromise to enable people/kids to play with such a large beautiful set that has excellent display value and a lot of playability. 

In my lego world, civilians of ninjago are capable of traversing between levels like ninjas because, they live in a ninja world! :laugh:

Edited by Fuppylodders

27 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Bit of a hypocrite there, stating how one shouldn't force you to accept an opposing critique (I'm not forcing you to, just countering your points), but then mocking those for having opposing opinions by claiming we are worshippers of these ninjago sets where the designer couldn't do any wrong and thus implying our opinions are invalid compared to yours. 

If you claim me to be a worshipper of ninjago/designer, then you must be some kind of worshipper of stairs. 

I didn't specify stairs in modulars. Yes, they do all have them. But not all apartment buildings in the modulars have living amenities. Not all have beds. Or baths. Or showers. Or cupboards. Not all buildings contain typical things that make sense. The book store only has a couple of actual books, the rest are representations. There are many criticisms of the modulars for missing things, but there has to be compromises. 

Accessibility is only as big a deal as one makes of it. As such, some people understand the unimportance of a lack of ladder. Some people can't look past it. 

OK, so, you're right, it is a city, with civilians. What about disabled access huh? How do wheelchair bound people get access to those higher places up the ladders, if you want to get finicky about it... 

The logic of including the pagoda is much more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than the lack of a pagoda and a couple of stairs added that one wouldn't typically give a second look at because stairs are stairs. They're just a means to an imaginary value. A pagoda adds not only another play area, but another item to add a nice looking piece of scenery and something to make you look at in awe. No one looks at stairs with awe. 

If playing with the set, if the stairs are missing how will the characters ever enjoy the upper space? Ohh.. Fingers and imagination will figure a way for civilians to magically make their way up to it. Therefore, ladder isn't missed. If there is no pagoda, will fingers and imagination play with minifigs in a space imagining a pagoda to be there? Nope. Pagoda is missed. 

Therefore, pagoda>stairs, aesthetically, and playfully. 

Display value, stairs add an imaginary and needless method of figures to move about, which let's be honest, you'll never actually have the figures hobble up or down the stairs if they are there. It's purely imagination of the 'potential' that they 'could' go up them. Miss the stairs out? The beauty of the set isn't affected, the lack of stairs removes nothing because you're not going to play with it. 

If you want a scaled replica of something, I hate to break it to you, this is lego. It's still essentially a toy, regardless aimed at adults or not. Lego sets are *always* designed with compromise in every single set. NC has all stairs and no random side build. Be happy, you got what you want and what is important to you, in that set. NG has some stairs and a side build. Be happy that is has a side build and less stairs.

Just as you place importance in stairs, and I don't place importance in stairs, how can you then not think 'some designers must also place importance in stairs, while others place importance elsewhere, into an additional side build'... 

If you think too narrow minded that every designer must always think the same to please accessibility fans because one got it right for you, you're wrong. *That* is why it gets done differently between each set. But even if the same designer did both sets, they can choose when to place importance on something, and when to remove that importance and place it into something else. 

I enjoy the added value that stairs promotes a 'view' of imaginary accessibility. I equally enjoy the lack of stairs to add a side build. I appreciate the difference in choices for each set to add something different. I don't see it as a negative point in any manner. 

I'm not offended by your/anyone's critique, I just don't understand it nor the point of it, nor the importance placed upon it when lego is such a versatile interchangeable toy, when importance is placed in something that ultimately takes no play value away if one were to actually play with it and require their minifigs to make their way between the different levels. 

It is a difference in understanding between us, not a feeling of offense. 

I do agree with you that it could be seen as annoying to have to remove floors to be able to play with it, but, that is a good compromise if the buildings are not left open backed, which for a display set that can be displayed in any of its 4 sides, wouldn't be so aesthetically pleasing. I'd also call it a good compromise to enable people/kids to play with such a large beautiful set that has excellent display value and a lot of playability. 

In my lego world, civilians of ninjago are capable of traversing between levels like ninjas because, they live in a ninja world! :laugh:

I will not argue with you, its a never-ending story. U compare incomparable. My point is not to convince all of you "worshipers" but just to state that even though that its a 10th anniversary D2C huge, enormous, Ninjago city thir add on set, it still have flaws while other previous NC sets dont, and I dont get why. Thats it. 

By worshipers I ment that you guys (not you specifically) are acting like u have blindfold on your eyes, not able to see anything but "best, great, perfect, splendid, outstanding..." etc. on it. Its not a mockery. If you consider it as a mocking, then sorry. It just explains your total adoration of the new set.

I for one, am a big Lego enthusiast and fan (and Ninjago especially), and normally I can forgive almost everything. But this is just neglected and missed opportunity to make a great set. Now its just "good/mediocre set for great value" (for me). And it bothers me especially since I love previous NC models, which are better (to me). 

If you allow me, I will end this part of discussion, because its a waste of time and we are turning in circles. Once again I respect your opinions even though I disagree with most of your arguments. At the same time I will keep my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Willworkfortoys said:

My favorite part of this toy is it’s a good toy; a neat looking toy. I like this toy. 

Thank God, somebody calm and collected.

The discussion of the inaccessibility of the tower is getting really intense.

2 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Nope. There's an old-fashioned ladder in the alley leading up to a small platform enabling access to both the tearoom and the bedroom.

When this first started, I was thinking the same as Bilis, but I went back and looked and every section of NC and NCD is accessible by ladder, stair or walkway.

2 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

U compare incomparable. My point is not to convince all of you "worshipers" but just to state that even though that its a 10th anniversary D2C huge, enormous, Ninjago city thir add on set, it still have flaws while other previous NC sets dont, and I dont get why. Thats it. 

If you allow me, I will end this part of discussion, because its a waste of time and we are turning in circles. Once again I respect your opinions even though I disagree with most of your arguments. At the same time I will keep my opinion. 

Uncomparable, in your opinion. 

I am a very practical person, and if I'm doing a build (rarely), I'll consider fitting in everything, typically because it's a one off. 

But even as a very practical person, I - can- understand them including ladders for 100% access in one set and then not in another. Which is why I can't understand your strong perception of how essential they are while then ignoring access potential issues for disabled ninjago civilians as a non issue. But, different opinions/likes/value in different things, because people are different.... So, you're right, we not gonna get anywhere :) 

Have said my bit and I'll also stop here. Either way, I hope you're able to enjoy the set despite the access thing! 

Edited by Fuppylodders

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I've been saying this in general about this site.  And the fact that Lego is a toy aimed at children for the most part.  There seems to be a certain amout of entitlement that some people have when they don't get what they want.  It's really a shame.   The way some people act like sets suck and Lego should have done this or add that or put certain minifigs in a set.  It's unbelievable.  I mean the backlash on the blacksmith shop is unbelievable to me for the simple fact that people have been saying that if lego makes a castle set they will buy it to support the possible return of lego castle and now they see the set it doesn't have enough animals I mean come on.  Then these will be the same people that will cry when there is no lego castle stuff to buy for the next several years.  Yeah the sets not as detailed as in the blacksmith shop.  Yeah the City gardens isn't what everyone thought it was going to be but I think it's a pretty neat set and has some great features.  I agree if you don't like it don't buy it or buy it and mod it.  

Here is my 2 cents: First off I like the Gardens (already ordered it) and have the other two sets to go with it. I am glad we even got another NC add-on, however I can understand where people are coming from with the accessability of every level, in the first two sets you could access every level from the set itself, in the gardens you have to have one of the other two just to get to the walkway floor.

45 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

There seems to be a certain amout of entitlement that some people have when they don't get what they want.  It's really a shame.   The way some people act like sets suck and Lego should have done this or add that or put certain minifigs in a set.  

Based on your observation? Or where does it came from? Like "unsatisfied fan/fan with reservations/critique = fan who thinks that he/she is entitled to do it since he/she dont get what he/she wants" right? I am not sure about others, but have I said anywhere that this set "sucks"? 

Regarding the Medieval Blacskmith, I absolutly adore that set (only little complaint was about exclusion of traditional breastplate, but maybe it will be there after all). I think that its beautiful reasonably scaled down most probably complete set for again reasonable price. BUT! I understand to those, who expected some things that were included in original design. Such as goat. Or hens...

Yeah its not logical to have husky in such a set, but, I can easily put this fig of and replace it with something different or with nothing at all. Husky has nice mold so I can use him elsewhere. But at the same time I accept right of others to do their "bitching". Because why not? :)

Is there something that offends you personally (criticizing Lego and their stuff)? 

45 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Here is my 2 cents: First off I like the Gardens (already ordered it) and have the other two sets to go with it. I am glad we even got another NC add-on, however I can understand where people are coming from with the accessability of every level, in the first two sets you could access every level from the set itself, in the gardens you have to have one of the other two just to get to the walkway floor.

Thats is what I was talking about all day long :) Just this. Confusion. Thx. for being emphatic :)

Edited by Blazej_Holen

For my part, I do feel like it's a bit of a weakness/drawback that not all the rooms have an obvious way for civilian characters to access them. It's still an amazing set either way, but that DOES stand out as a significant way that the set could have been improved, especially in light of how attentive the designers of the previous two sets were to that particular aspect of the design.

That said, as far as I can tell, the only part of the set that's entirely inaccessible on foot is Christina's apartment, since it has no obvious entrance whatsoever. And that definitely feels unfortunate, given the various possibilities the designers COULD have included to enter the building — after all, a climbing rope up to the window or a hidden entrance under the bed via the alleyway below would be very appropriate for a ninja fan!

The lack of ladders/stairs/lifts to connect the "Old World" and "Street" levels is less of an issue to me, since it can be safely assumed that there are connections between these levels further down the city block, beyond the edges of this individual set. After all, both Ninjago City Docks and Ninjago City required the same sort of assumptions for the entire set to be "navigable" by non-Ninja pedestrians.

The Ninjago City set included a lift in the back to connect the three levels, but there were no footpaths included to connect the base of the lift to the rest of the Old World. Presumably, either the base of the lift is connected to the Old World's main footpath further down the block (beyond the edge of the set), or Ninjago City denizens are required to hitch a ride on a "water taxi" to cross the canal.

Similarly, Ninjago City Docks did not include any ladders, stairs, or footpaths that would connect Mystake's tea shop, Runde's map room, and Runde's boat house to the rest of the set. So tea shop customers would either have to approach from further down the block at Street level (beyond the edge of the set) or travel by "water taxi" to Runde's boathouse, and ascend the steps from there.

Note that "water taxis" do not actually appear in any of the Ninjago City sets so far. However, the green taxi stand with black telephone headset in the original set alludes to their existence. And of course, buyers are certainly free to repurpose Konrad's fishing boat, Runde's exploration skiff, or even Takuma's merchant boat from 70610 (which, believe it or not, is identified as a "beer skiff" in the LEGO Ninjago Movie "making of" book) as a "water taxi" if they so choose.

So aside from the anomalous closed-off design of Christina's apartment, I don't think this set isn't really any less "accessible" than the others we're used to — even if the pathway from the ground level to some of the higher areas like the rooftop zen garden are every bit as labyrinthine and precarious as the path to reach Lloyd's apartment in the original City!

Are the Ninja hide-outs the only ones that can't be accessed? If so, that makes sense to me. They are areas that were not meant to be accessible to the public and the Ninjas just took them over.

36 minutes ago, turk187 said:

Are the Ninja hide-outs the only ones that can't be accessed? If so, that makes sense to me. They are areas that were not meant to be accessible to the public and the Ninjas just took them over.

Nope, the Ninja Control Tower is connected to the street level by a ladder next to the swappable billboards on the back (which includes a gear to lower it). The only truly inaccessible part of the set is Christina's "Ninja Fan" apartment (the brown and tan "Old World" building on the far left) — and the issue there isn't just some need for ninja-level athletics to reach it, but that it has no door!

3 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Based on your observation? Or where does it came from? Like "unsatisfied fan/fan with reservations/critique = fan who thinks that he/she is entitled to do it since he/she dont get what he/she wants" right? I am not sure about others, but have I said anywhere that this set "sucks"? 

Regarding the Medieval Blacskmith, I absolutly adore that set (only little complaint was about exclusion of traditional breastplate, but maybe it will be there after all). I think that its beautiful reasonably scaled down most probably complete set for again reasonable price. BUT! I understand to those, who expected some things that were included in original design. Such as goat. Or hens...

Yeah its not logical to have husky in such a set, but, I can easily put this fig of and replace it with something different or with nothing at all. Husky has nice mold so I can use him elsewhere. But at the same time I accept right of others to do their "bitching". Because why not? :)

Is there something that offends you personally (criticizing Lego and their stuff)? 

Thats is what I was talking about all day long :) Just this. Confusion. Thx. for being emphatic :)

No I find it unbelievable in this day and age that adults are triggered and whining over a kids toy.  People can cry and complain all they want I'm not saying you don't have a right to.  Freedom of speech have at it.  I just think some people look petty with all the complaining.  Of course there are things I don't like about certain sets.  I just find it better to look at the positive in things and try to stay positive in these crazy and trying times.  Personally I would love to take all my frustrations out in a mosh pit but no concerts for now.  I think all the negative talk just breeds more and it gets taxing.  I like reading what people think just not the same things over and over and over.  Yeah I would love more animals but that's not what we are getting and nothing is going to change that.  The set is already in production.  I just find it interesting that some of us as adults get so heated over a little plastic toy.  In the grand scheme of life it's not that important, I mean there are so many other things that need changing first in this world before we need to try and get Lego to cater to us Afol's more.  

I'm definitely not wading into the accessibility argument - y'all are getting way too personal with that. Some people don't like it, and that's fine. Some people don't care, and that's also fine.

I think, for me, what the lack of access is indicative of is the level of thought put into the set. It's not about blindly forcing ladders and things into it to allow access for minifigs who don't need them anyways, it's about the level of intentionality that *having that* in NC demonstrated on the part of the set's designer. The original NC was a masterpiece - every section of it had something new and interesting. Fun mechanics and interesting build techniques, very little repetition of shape, great detailing, and everything tied together into a cohesive whole. The docks seemed like an afterthought - like they'd had some ideas that didn't make it into the city, and so they created an add-on to house them - but it also had a strikingly different layout and feel to it, and added some additional fun mechanics. Plus it integrated perfectly with NC.

Compared to NC, NCG feels more similar to the docks - like the designer came up with an overall shape (essentially the same shape as NC, but with a tree in the middle!), and then came up with rooms/buildings to flesh out that shape without much thought for how they all worked together. Each individual piece is nice (Not arguing at all that the designer isn't good at his job!), but a few of them feel like a rehash of locations we'd already gotten in the previous two sets, and they aren't tied together as well as the locations in the first two were. I'm 100% happy to get a few more locations from the show (Mr. Chen's, the Museum, etc.), and again: I purchased the set on day 1 and am glad to (soon) own it. I'm just not as excited about it as I was about the first two, and I think I would have been had the set felt more intentional as a whole.

As for those bashing people expressing negative opinions about the set... Well, I'd hope we can all agree to avoid personal attacks, and perhaps to stay away from absolutes. I haven't seen anyone say the set sucks, nor have I seen anyone say there's nothing wrong with it. That means there's room to discuss both the good and bad aspects!

9 minutes ago, BraveMax said:

I think, for me, what the lack of access is indicative of is the level of thought put into the set.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

I really wish they had made the lanterns orange or red since trans neon orange has retired. I find the trans blue to be too jarring when compared to the rest of the sets.

My main gripe with this set is the color scheme. Flame yellowish orange right next to green and lilac? Not the best color combination. Taking color theory into consideration, the amount of color used does not make the colors work as well as they would had they done them in different amounts.

Personally, I just feel that this set feels more of a MOC expansion rather than an actual set crafted by a LEGO designer.

I’m still getting it though!

Damn I’ve honestly never seen so much criticism for a set before. I mean I get Ninjago City is one of the greatest and most-loved sets of all time, but like I think this one is pretty good, ya know?

56 minutes ago, Modal said:

Damn I’ve honestly never seen so much criticism for a set before. I mean I get Ninjago City is one of the greatest and most-loved sets of all time, but like I think this one is pretty good, ya know?

I guess my point would be... Does that mean we're not allowed to highlight criticisms? Does a set have to literally be a waste of money (not many of those in Lego!) for us to admit that we're not 100% happy with it?