I would have it Gardens, Docks, City, that way I would have stairs for the Gardens and the elevator for the City.

6 hours ago, turk187 said:

I'm thinking I might end up buying 2 more NC gardens. I want to build more extensions and buying these sets seems more economical than buying all the bits I need off of Bricklink. If I sell the minifigs on eBay I should recoup around $100 per set (20 minifigs at $5 each, the Gold Wu might end up a $15-$20 mini by itself) and it looks like they use around 500 trans-blue 1x2 tiles, that's around $80 dollars on Bricklink just for those. 

I doubt all of those figures will come close to that $5 pricepoint. Kai and Zane are very common and all those random citizens aren't particularly attractive figures to get by themselves.

10 hours ago, Cocoa said:

Guys, the day has come!

My favorite is with Gardens to the left of Docks to the left of City. The arcade’s colors fit in so well with Gardens. Also love the combo of the Gardens to the right of the city. The cherry tree transitions fantastically.

Now I'm not sure about any of those to be honest. The small island definitely has to go; it just doesn't fit in between anything. However, none of the setups seem like a perfect fit for the Gardens either, at least not in the way that the City and Docks fit. is  In all of them there is at least one or two points that don't transition that well. I guess I'll have to wait till I get mine, and see it in person.

To go along with the season 14 sets found early, this young lad found the jungle dragon set and did a review of it? It is the set, and although you don’t really get a good look at everything, you can see the dragons size, and it’s decent. It also appears to have some serious spinal problems. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

17 hours ago, Lucarex said:

You snooze you lose with S@H stock these days.

yeah thats why the moment something is available to buy im getting it ill even be waiting past midnight for the instant its on the site

its a secret war we all must face

14 minutes ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

i never realised season 14s island base is shaped like a snake definitely getting it now

and im curious what is the name of the robot type thing in the city gardens set out of curiosity

The robot in NCG is called Scoop, and the one in NC is called Sweep. Interestingly there wasn’t one in the docks. 

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I doubt all of those figures will come close to that $5 pricepoint. Kai and Zane are very common and all those random citizens aren't particularly attractive figures to get by themselves.

You'd be surprised how much you can get for figures. Right now the Wu figure is going for $80 (I'm not seeing any sold at that price yet, but i will keep an eye on it.) The ninjas won't go for much, but the regular people are actually likely to go for more than 5$ especially if they are exclusive to this set. I won't sell them right away, I'll most likely hang on to them for awhile. I've found that you can easily get half the set price for just the figures.

12 hours ago, turk187 said:

I want to build more extensions and buying these sets seems more economical than buying all the bits I need off of Bricklink. If I sell the minifigs on eBay I should recoup around $100 per set (20 minifigs at $5 each, the Gold Wu might end up a $15-$20 mini by itself) and it looks like they use around 500 trans-blue 1x2 tiles, that's around $80 dollars on Bricklink just for those. 

If you don’t have a huge parts collection, then this is definitely the way to go. Especially with the Gardens, there’s a huge variety of pieces. And the figures do sell, so buying extras on sale and selling the figures will make it a great deal.

13 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I think the island is great when you consider this as a standalone set. It adds something to the flow and certainly provides a calmness to the crazy world of the city portion. But when linked with any of the older sets, it feels out of place.

100% agree. Very unfortunate it just doesn’t work with the cityscape, but I plan on putting it to the side of the city skyline, but not directly connect it. Perhaps I can start an area that is “old Ninjago,” that doesn’t follow the three-tier design but has traditional architecture and set on islands. I have seen many photos online of Shanghai, where the futuristic large city meets the old, traditional houses. Sorta want to try that here with new meets old. Modding the blacksmith shop and Spring Lantern Festival to fit the NC base would look great for this.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but am I right in thinking that there is no way to get to the zen house on the left rooftop apart from climbing up those handle bars that are above the Mr Chen noodle mascot? If so, how are you even meant to reach them? Also there’s no way at all to access the ninjago fans apartment either. Very intriguing. 

1 hour ago, Cocoa said:

100% agree. Very unfortunate it just doesn’t work with the cityscape, but I plan on putting it to the side of the city skyline, but not directly connect it. Perhaps I can start an area that is “old Ninjago,” that doesn’t follow the three-tier design but has traditional architecture and set on islands. I have seen many photos online of Shanghai, where the futuristic large city meets the old, traditional houses. Sorta want to try that here with new meets old. Modding the blacksmith shop and Spring Lantern Festival to fit the NC base would look great for this.

That's a great idea. I was thinking of putting the temple island on the right of the gardens (with them connected to NC on the left), but have it all inline, so the temple isn't actually connected. And possible do it on a 32x32 baseplate, so it's a true island and not separated by only a few studs. But it might work well as-is, especially if connected to another island with the blacksmith shop on it.

People claiming the decline in quality isn't a thing are living in a dreamland. Batman for years had the same basic print and the last 4-5 years LEGO hasn't been adding enough paint to cover the pieces correctly, or they are blurry. This wasn't an issue. 

Heck I have keychains that the printing is ok on and then the real minifigure the printing sucks. Watch Jang do reviews and he talks about this all the time, he didn't a few years ago.

24 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but am I right in thinking that there is no way to get to the zen house on the left rooftop apart from climbing up those handle bars that are above the Mr Chen noodle mascot? If so, how are you even meant to reach them? Also there’s no way at all to access the ninjago fans apartment either. Very intriguing. 

You are right. There are many design flaws...

3 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I believe there is a ladder that comes down from the Ninja Zone, to get to that floor.

Just now, Dr.Cogg said:

I believe there is a ladder that comes down from the Ninja Zone, to get to that floor.

I know that gives access to the tower, but I don't think there's a way to get round the glass roof of the museum.

I've been thinking about and addition to NC using Garmadon's volcano lair as the basis. Now I'm thinking of an add-on that references a bunch of Ninjago villain's. Now, I just have to figure out who they are as I've only ever seen the movie.

For everyone who is complaining that the set is illogical because some of the rooms aren’t accessible, it may be helpful to remember that this set is the hometown of some boys who are masters of fire and lightning, and ride dragons, and have a sail ship that flies, and battle a nemesis with 4 arms who attacks the city in a giant shark robot.  I can accept a missing staircase or two.

6 minutes ago, Northgeorgiamasonry said:

For everyone who is complaining that the set is illogical because some of the rooms aren’t accessible, it may be helpful to remember that this set is the hometown of some boys who are masters of fire and lightning, and ride dragons, and have a sail ship that flies, and battle a nemesis with 4 arms who attacks the city in a giant shark robot.  I can accept a missing staircase or two.

LOL.

1 hour ago, Northgeorgiamasonry said:

You r comparing two incomparable things... ? 

I'd love to see some kind of configuration with the City, Docks, Gardens, and the Spring Lantern Festival. Might need to mods to the Lantern Fest but it should be easy enough to do. I have not seen any images or videos online but my thoughts are that the Lantern festival may look nice alongside the Temple Island in between the Docks and the Gardens. It may make the Temple island look a but more complete and less of a "shove in." My other idea is that perhaps the lineup is City, Docks, Gardens, and then put the temple island to the right side of the gardens and then connect the Lantern Festival to the left of that (putting it behind the docks, location-wise) 

4 hours ago, Northgeorgiamasonry said:

It’s like this is the first LEGO building they’ve ever seen. Buildings in LEGO typically aren’t 100% accessible...I don’t understand this nitpicky complaint. 

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

It’s like this is the first LEGO building they’ve ever seen. Buildings in LEGO typically aren’t 100% accessible...I don’t understand this nitpicky complaint. 

True. BUT! Every previous NC itteration has access to every place. Why this one doesnt? Its not “nitpicky complaint”. For the set as large and as expensive like this I would wxpect some complexity and well thought design. Not just shiny new colours and pieces. 

Edited by Blazej_Holen

6 hours ago, Northgeorgiamasonry said:

I think what your trying to get across is that ninjas can flip and jump and could literally fly at one point. The reason we’re all complaining is inconsistency. This is a set made to celebrate the 10th anniversary of one of Lego’s greatest themes. It should at least have some sort of access for kids or people who can’t do parkour. If this was the docks, and it had just came out after the city, I don’t think us fans would have much of a problem. But this is a set made for fans! One of the highlights in almost every detailed review I’ve seen of NC has praised the access. I think the main problem here is that in NC they had the back (what people generally call the not so camera friendly angle) flat and open, and it’s mainly displayed from the front. This means you can chuck a bunch of walkways and ladders all over the back, and no one would bat an eyelid. I personally love the back of the city way more than the front, with the gantries and ladders everywhere. Ninjago city gardens was more made for display from both angles,with a lot more details being spread out between the front and the back. Also, the layout of the city also means that you can’t have many gantries. You can’t really connect anything to the walls that are facing the tree on the old city, as you would block the server. My best guess if you want to access the ninjago fans apartment is to put a girder or ladder above the soup server point, and have a door above it. The tower is excusable, as it’s for the Ninja. For the zen house on the left roof, I don’t really know what to do. Probably something from the back. 

After reading all that through, I can definitely say that I’ve thought to long about this subject. :head_back: Oh well excited to get the set in hand! Has anyone had confirmation or their set delivered in the UK yet?

You're all complaining about inaccessibility but wasn't the second level of the Old World also inaccessible in Ninjago City? The exact same thing is the case here with just one appartment being inaccessible. Would you really prefer the set to have fewer rooms and less detail just for the sake of adding an elevator or stairs? The elevator in the original Ninjago City took up too much space so I am glad that they focused more on the buildings now that transportation has already been solved. It's not easy to design a LEGO set. You can't have everything. I'm glad that they focused more on making an aesthetically pleasing model with tons of cool details and references while keeping it at a good price per part ratio instead of focusing on a thing that 2 or 3 people will nitpick about. At the end of the day, kids will just move the figures around with their hands and adults will use the set only for display. It's not that big of a deal.

6 minutes ago, Bilis said:

You're all complaining about inaccessibility but wasn't the second level of the Old World also inaccessible in Ninjago City? 

No. Every floor and place in NC and NCD is accesible. And it took nothing from overall design. Instead of making small pagoda or whatever they (designer) could pay more effort on logic. Its clear that he doesnt put enough thoughts to the set as was put by design team to the original two sets before.  

6 minutes ago, Bilis said:

At the end of the day, kids will just move the figures around with their hands and adults will use the set only for display. It's not that big of a deal.

This is not only for kids you know ? How many kids can effort such a big and expensive set? Many of the easter eggs are ment for AFOLs or true Ninjago fans. Small kids will probably never notice them. Anyway its funny how many people here just protecting and defending the set without any critique. Just pure consumers... More, more, more, we will take whatever you (Lego) serve...lol. If u like it, I respect it and wish you good times with it. Enjoy the build, enjoy the set and be happy. :)

Edited by Blazej_Holen