4 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I haven't even had an email about it yet. I just brought it on shop@home and have heard nothing, not even confirmation. Starting to get a bit antsy but I'm holding of on contacting customer services just yet, they're pretty busy. Then again, the shipping in the UK is absolutely abhorrent.

That doesn’t sound great. Did you not even get email confirmation of order? Have you checked order status logged into S@H?

Just now, Lucarex said:

That doesn’t sound great. Did you not even get email confirmation of order? Have you checked order status logged into S@H?

I haven't gotten an email, I will check with CS. My WIFI has been dropping in and out today which could be part of the problem. My lego account has been a bit messed up lately, I've been trying to get a parts order in for a couple of days now, and every time I select my parts from PaB and go to checkout, it just says 'sorry an unexpected error occurred'. Will say what happens, but my friend had the same problem and he got an email today after buying it on the 14th. it could just be slow.

1 minute ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I haven't gotten an email, I will check with CS. My WIFI has been dropping in and out today which could be part of the problem. My lego account has been a bit messed up lately, I've been trying to get a parts order in for a couple of days now, and every time I select my parts from PaB and go to checkout, it just says 'sorry an unexpected error occurred'. Will say what happens, but my friend had the same problem and he got an email today after buying it on the 14th. it could just be slow.

Pick a Brick is usually down at this time of year under normal circumstances so I don’t think that’s indicative of anything.

I ordered Gardens yesterday morning and got the confirmation email within 15 mins.

46 minutes ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

if anybody doesnt know city gardens is on back order for 11th february

You snooze you lose with S@H stock these days.

The designer of the original Ninjago City, Nick Vas, posted buildings he has designed digitally, including an amphibian cafe and pet rock shop.

I ordered Thursday morning in the US and just got a shipping confirmation today. That was a pretty quick turnaround! 

So somebody actually found the season 14 sets in a store somewhere. They got the keepers village and the back of the box shows the totem thing can actually split up, indicating it’s actually 3 separate beings. There’s a cage in the back as well, along with a cooking pot. Looks good, and is incredibly early to see these sets! They also showed pics of the bike and the catamarans but they didn’t show the backs.

11 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

So somebody actually found the season 14 sets in a store somewhere. They got the keepers village and the back of the box shows the totem thing can actually split up, indicating it’s actually 3 separate beings. There’s a cage in the back as well, along with a cooking pot. Looks good, and is incredibly early to see these sets! They also showed pics of the bike and the catamarans but they didn’t show the backs.

Do you think that’s from America? Or another country?

37 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

*Insert "This thread is useless without pics" emoticon*

I've started building Ninjago City Gardens... have finished the two "old world" levels so far. A few assorted thoughts.

• The ground-floor buildings being removable is a nice improvement over the originals, in my opinion. It makes the addition of hard-to-view interior features like objects on shelves (which this set seems to have more of) easier to view "after the fact", since individual buildings can be lifted up entirely and rotated to view instead of having to manipulate the entire base to do so. And it also allows for "underground" features like piping under the soup kitchen and hidden storage for contraband under Ronin's shop. I haven't started the next level yet but based on reviews I've watched, I think this also applies to those buildings, which can be removed from the "street" to be viewed in isolation.
  • There's a fun "easter egg" under Ronin's shop that can't be seen without lifting the building, even through the trapdoor. I'm not going to spoil it for now, but it'll probably be mentioned in reviews.
  • Two new Ninjago trading cards! This time it's Wyplash (Deck 1, #11) and Spitta (Deck 2, #12). This is, to me, an improvement over Ninjago City Docks, which had trading card stickers but not ones that were true references to the classic spinner game. I will have to update my bricklist.
  • The opening window to the foyer of the Tea Time Balcony is extremely clever. But the roof above the open back to Ronin's shop isn't reinforced enough for my liking—I added a 1x4 plate in the middle to help lock the various roof segments together slightly better.
  • The lack of obvious access to the Ninjago fan's apartment (compared to the handy ladder to the tea time balcony in Ronin's shop) is a bit of a shame, though it's easy to imagine the die-hard ninja fan doing a fancy ninja climb to get there. Still, a feature like a drop-down ladder would have been a nice touch. Other than that, the apartment is a treat—well-furnished and with references to various sets, including the upcoming Keeper's Village and Catamaran Sea Battle.

21 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I've started building Ninjago City Gardens... have finished the two "old world" levels so far. A few assorted thoughts.

Lucky you. I'm green with envy.

Can you look at the inventory and tell me how many trans-blue 1x2 tiles are in this one? I'm trying to calculate something.

3 hours ago, Cocoa said:

The designer of the original Ninjago City, Nick Vas, posted buildings he has designed digitally, including an amphibian cafe and pet rock shop.

Ooh, these are great. I'll have to try and incorporate them into some MOCs. Thanks for posting them!

So, after watching several videos and looking at the pictures and information we have, these are my overall thoughts:

The Gardens is a worthy follow-up to Ninjago City and NC Docks. it looks wonderful, and i can't wait until it is here and i can build it.

NC has more features - rotating Sushi resteraunt, the elevator, ATM, crab oven, etc. Gardens is more colorful, more interesting in architecture terms.

NC was 4777 bricks at $300, about 6 cents a piece. Gardens is 5685 bricks at $300, about 5 cents a piece. I usually think that around 7 cents a piece is a good price. This is a subjective measure since bricks vary from the single stud size up to baseplates and really big pieces. But, price per piece is a good estimate.

Both sets have 19 minifigures plus 3 figures as part of the buildings - NC had 2 maniquins and Lloyds suit. Gardens has a blue ninja suit, Zane statue and a figure used as part of a sign)

The Gardens is more open Than NC, and I would be willing to bet that the Gardens is lighter than NC. Bricklink has the weight of NC at 6200grams. We don't have a weight for the gardens, but I'm betting it will be lower than that. So, a "bigger" set with more pieces made from less plastic. If the Gardens had the same mass (the amount of plastic) I'd guess it would be $350-$375.

I'm betting that there is a big push at Lego to do  more with less. Recent sets are getting more creative, but smaller.

Guys, the day has come!

My favorite is with Gardens to the left of Docks to the left of City. The arcade’s colors fit in so well with Gardens. Also love the combo of the Gardens to the right of the city. The cherry tree transitions fantastically.

Edited by Cocoa

The video is very useful to see. I don't have the docks, but this confirms for me that I will put the city on the lefy and the gardens on the right. It's better balanced, with the two tall towers on the extreme edges of the pair.

Likewise, if I do get the docks, I'd do it as he first has is. City on the left, docks in the middle, and gardens on the right. Probably removing the temple and either simply placing it next to the gardens on the right, as an island, or just separately, perhaps next to the Spring Lantern Festival.

But any which way, they're all really lovely sets.

Wow the front, and especially the back, look so much better when you take the temple out and put it on the other end of Gardens. There you could definitely MOC it up a bit with spring lantern festival and you get wayyy more room. Makes you wonder why they put the temple there in the official set.

Just now, Modal said:

Wow the front, and especially the back, look so much better when you take the temple out and put it on the other end of Gardens. There you could definitely MOC it up a bit with spring lantern festival and you get wayyy more room. Makes you wonder why they put the temple there in the official set.

I think the island is great when you consider this as a standalone set. It adds something to the flow and certainly provides a calmness to the crazy world of the city portion. But when linked with any of the older sets, it feels out of place. The fact that it's removable is really useful and gives options to everyone.

I can’t wait to light this up. I already have the lighting kits for City and Docks. Just gotta wait for LMB to make some for Gardens.

I'm thinking I might end up buying 2 more NC gardens. I want to build more extensions and buying these sets seems more economical than buying all the bits I need off of Bricklink. If I sell the minifigs on eBay I should recoup around $100 per set (20 minifigs at $5 each, the Gold Wu might end up a $15-$20 mini by itself) and it looks like they use around 500 trans-blue 1x2 tiles, that's around $80 dollars on Bricklink just for those. 

VERY happy to see the sets linked up as I am going to display them (city, docks, gardens), looks great! Now to wait for my package from Lego to arrive, still in warehouse at the moment.