Also, quite disappointed there’s no specific GWP for this flagship set. Even throwing that anniversary poster in would have been something. I mean, who really wants an ice rink mini build? :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Lucarex

16 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Overkill? If u put it in the line (depends if u have all 3 sets) it would be 4 baseplate far from each other. In minifig perspective its a hell of a distance. But what about the people who dont have previous sets? Lift is not neccesary, it could be just stairs. But I havent noticed them anywhere. 

True, if they can only be connected in that way. If Gardens can, for example, connect straight onto the city, then you've just wasted bricks.

4 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Also, quite disappointed there’s no specific GWP for this flagship set. Even throwing that anniversary poster in would have been something. I mean, who really wants an ice rink mini build? :hmpf_bad:

A lot of people actually, I've seen it getting sold for anywhere between 25 and 50 euro. It might not be a great GWP to get with the Gardens but it can easily be used to recoup some of the cost.

Bricks by mind just posted a speed build of the set, and it confirms a couple of things. First off, no stairs or way to get up to the second floor. It also shows how the gardens is built, with the main city first, then the pagoda island. Jays suit is also included in a tower in the mid section of the turquoise tower. There is no space behind the purple windows unfortunately. It took him 2 days to build. Super hyped for this set! 

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

Beat me do it. :)

So no stairs or elevator from ground level to the street level. Balcony on the side can be removed and placed to the other side, same with the one on the green building. So the set can be placed next to NC directly. At least that. For those who dont have any of the previous sets, its a bummer...

Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

Bricks by mind just posted a speed build of the set, and it confirms a couple of things. First off, no stairs or way to get up to the second floor. It also shows how the gardens is built, with the main city first, then the pagoda island. Jays suit is also included in a tower in the mid section of the turquoise tower. There is no space behind the purple windows unfortunately. It took him 2 days to build. Super hyped for this set! 

Beat me do it. :)

Hah I just posted the same description of the vid as you did :D

I was on the website at midnight, signed in and it just said "Coming Soon" and "Early Release for VIP" - now its on backorder :(

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

A lot of people actually, I've seen it getting sold for anywhere between 25 and 50 euro. It might not be a great GWP to get with the Gardens but it can easily be used to recoup some of the cost.

Ah I was being rhetorical but yes I’ll sell it on like I did my spare IDEAS vintage car. At least that was new, the ice rink is just surplus seasonal stock clearance. From a quick look, it’s fetching around 20-25 euro max, the higher prices were being realised well before Christmas.

More of a comment about LEGO’s stinginess and lack of anniversary promo. At loose change from 300 notes for Gardens, you’d think they’d order a print run of those 10 year posters to include even if just for VIPs.

11 minutes ago, samsz_3 said:

I was on the website at midnight, signed in and it just said "Coming Soon" and "Early Release for VIP" - now its on backorder :(

Appears they had tech issues (again like on Jan 1st) with VIP release and checkout last night but was working earlier this morning.

Says back order until 20th Jan so if it makes you feel any better, it’s likely only a couple of days’ delivery delay from those who completed orders today.

Edited by Lucarex

Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

In an unboxing of the gardens there is actually a poster inside the box, I haven’t had a good look at it though. 

Where? Helpful if you could include link.

Lego have released a music track on their website. It’s about 2 hours 45 mins long and is basically all the ninjago music. You can listen to it on the website but does any one know if it’s possible to download it or have it on Spotify/sound-cloud? Would love to listen to this track a lot and it’s a pain to have to go to the Lego website to listen to it. Would much prefer to have it downloaded on Spotify. Also, the posters pretty cool, and it’s intriguing to see Lego themselves go down the idea of the ninjas as real life beings, not Lego minifigs.

10 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Lego have released a music track on their website. It’s about 2 hours 45 mins long and is basically all the ninjago music. You can listen to it on the website but does any one know if it’s possible to download it or have it on Spotify/sound-cloud? Would love to listen to this track a lot and it’s a pain to have to go to the Lego website to listen to it. Would much prefer to have it downloaded on Spotify. Also, the posters pretty cool, and it’s intriguing to see Lego themselves go down the idea of the ninjas as real life beings, not Lego minifigs.

Like Lucarex said before, it's helpful if you include a link. Can't do much without it. 

woah that poster is so strange but I love it. Also, CARDS!! So exciting to finally add to my card collection after what feels like 5 years (I think its more like 2-3?). So excited to get this set later!

Actually fun fact, two guys from my Film Scoring graduate program at USC (University of Southern California) did the music for Ninjago! Jay Vincent and Michael Kramer. When I was there a couple years ago we had a chat with them and watched some of the clips from the show showcasing how they approached the music. This was all before I got back into Lego though.

I’m sure if any of you had any specific questions I could reach out to them :) we have an alumni discord

Also someone let me know when we see all the city sets together without the Temple in between the docks and gardens! 

Edited by Modal

Just now, Modal said:

Actually fun fact, two guys from my Film Scoring graduate program at USC (University of Southern California) did the music for Ninjago! Jay Vincent and Michael Kramer. When I was there a couple years ago we had a chat with them and watched some of the clips from the show showcasing how they approached the music. This was all before I got back into Lego though.

I’m sure if any of you had any specific questions I could reach out to them :) we have an alumni discord

Also someone let me know when we see all the city sets together without the Temple in between the docks and gardens! 

Really? Wow. That's so cool. Tell them they're amazing at their job! Also, bricks by mind, the person who reviewed the gardens, is going to release another vid about how the gardens connects to the other sets. I'm sure you'll be able to see it there.

For downloading Youtube videos, or converting them to mp3 I recomend https://www.y2mate.com/

In other news - I just ordered my NC Gardens (and a monkie kid set. Still got a few of those to go.) And, based on the build video, the balconies are definitely removable, so the Gardens can be added to either side of the o.g. NC.