So I brought my copy of the gardens set at 23:07 London time (it was up early for some reason) and once I brought it, I haven’t had a confirmation email and the money hasn’t gone out of my bank account. Logged in as a VIP this morning on Lego’s website and it just says coming soon, even though it’s the 14th. My friend is also having the same problem. Lego has screwed up this release more than anything.

can anyone check if they have had confirmation yet that you have actually brought the set?

Edited by a guy from somewhere

1 minute ago, a guy from somewhere said:

So I brought my copy of the gardens set at 23:07 London time (it was up early for some reason) and once I brought it, I haven’t had a confirmation email and the money hasn’t gone out of my bank account. Logged in as a VIP this morning on Lego’s website and it just says coming soon, even though it’s the 14th. My friend is also having the same problem. Lego has screwed up this release more than anything.

can anyone check if they have had confirmation yet that you have actually brought the set?

I wouldn't worry about it, when I ordered Diagon Alley when it came out at midnight it took like 15-18 hours to get that e-mail.

21 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Lucky you I’m going to have to wait for a sale.

Bricking Around said that it’ll become available at 8PM, in 45 minutes. 

Thank you very much for the info, fingers crossed!

If you’re willing to wait until May, an independent LEGO shop near me (that does nationwide shipping) called I’m Rick James Bricks is set to have the Gardens for $400, which is a reasonable saving. I’m far too impatient to wait until then, but maybe that info can help those in Australia wanting to find it a bit cheaper than what LEGO themselves is offering.

14 minutes ago, Tobias_Jay said:

Thank you very much for the info, fingers crossed!

If you’re willing to wait until May, an independent LEGO shop near me (that does nationwide shipping) called I’m Rick James Bricks is set to have the Gardens for $400, which is a reasonable saving. I’m far too impatient to wait until then, but maybe that info can help those in Australia wanting to find it a bit cheaper than what LEGO themselves is offering.

Really? Awesome, thanks! My plan was to wait until Black Friday. Thanks for the tip, I’ll be getting it like six months earlier than planned then!

46 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I had the same issue, ordered the set at midnight. Didn’t get an email at first and could find it in my account, but this morning I got the confirmation! 

Guys if you go on to brickset and go to the season 14 sets pages there is HD pics of the sets, box art and the mini figs. They look incredible!

Ok the season 14 poster is out as well. Season 14 looks incredible!

1 minute ago, captain jari said:

I was planning on picking up gardens today but it seams the checkout function of the lego site isn't working.

Yeah, I had that problem as well. One interesting note is that the gardens set designer video the jungle dragon is visible in the background. Obviously not interesting now we have HD pics of it, but still a cool Easter egg. It’s a decent size as well. Bricks by mind has also confirmed he has the gardens, looks like it was sent out to LAN. Expect reviews in the coming days. His review will be posted in about 4 hours, and the speed build will be in 2 hours.

One last thing, Happy ninjago day everyone!

I must have fallen asleep at 11:55 last night. All morning the Lego (UK) shop has just said "VIP early access starts 14/01."

Anyone else in the UK seeing this?

Arg, that website is not good for my autism.

(De-lurk btw. Hello all)

Edit: it's working now!

Edited by OGspace

Just now, OGspace said:

I must have fallen asleep at 11:55 last night. All morning the Lego (UK) shop has just said "VIP early access starts 14/01."

Anyone else in the UK seeing this?

Arg, this website is not good for my autism.

(De-lurk btw. Hello all)

Same here. It was up for sale at 11 last night on the uk website though. It doesn't let you add the set to bag even though I'm signed in as a VIP, and it just says 'don't have a VIP account? Its free!' Don't know what's going on there. Lego has scuffed the release of this set big time. Welcome to eurobricks by the way! 

Still no clue how can figs go from ground Old city level to the Street level. No stairs/ladder/lift? So its depended on original Ninjago city lift or what? So far its confusing. 

Since they showed us NC (2017) I hope that there will be re-release. Its clear that this is not standalone set, it cant work like that. 

5 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Same here. It was up for sale at 11 last night on the uk website though. It doesn't let you add the set to bag even though I'm signed in as a VIP, and it just says 'don't have a VIP account? Its free!' Don't know what's going on there. Lego has scuffed the release of this set big time. Welcome to eurobricks by the way! 

Thanks. It's working for me now, though haven't tried to check out yet. Can't decide! Trying to limit myself to one big set a year and just got the 1989 Batmobile. I should probably wait for this to go on sale at Smyths but NC is my favourite set ever and could do with some more Lego therapy atm.

Edited by OGspace

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

Still no clue how can figs go from ground Old city level to the Street level. No stairs/ladder/lift? So its depended on original Ninjago city lift or what? So far its confusing. 

Since they showed us NC (2017) I hope that there will be re-release. Its clear that this is not standalone set, it cant work like that. 

From what ive seen, unless there's a secret elevator or stairway, There is no way to get minifigs from the old world to the street level. There's a ladder in Ronins pawn shop that leads up to 'the tea time balcony' but I dont know if the ladder goes any higher. I hope it does, there's always been a way to get minifigs up to the second floor. If not, it should be easy enough to mod a small elevator like the one in Ninjago City to the wall of the pawn shop and ninjago fan apartment. 

3 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

From what ive seen, unless there's a secret elevator or stairway, There is no way to get minifigs from the old world to the street level. There's a ladder in Ronins pawn shop that leads up to 'the tea time balcony' but I dont know if the ladder goes any higher. I hope it does, there's always been a way to get minifigs up to the second floor. If not, it should be easy enough to mod a small elevator like the one in Ninjago City to the wall of the pawn shop and ninjago fan apartment. 

And thats the thing I hate / will hate if its true (no ladder/elevator). Original NC was most completed, with everything you need to travell between the floors. This is nice colorful, not sturdy (as far as i can see) mismatch of something... Its appearence is trully collosal and grand. At first glance it looks nice, but after designers video, I am slowly starting to go from "must buy" to "meh". 

10 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

And thats the thing I hate / will hate if its true (no ladder/elevator). Original NC was most completed, with everything you need to travell between the floors. This is nice colorful, not sturdy (as far as i can see) mismatch of something... Its appearence is trully collosal and grand. At first glance it looks nice, but after designers video, I am slowly starting to go from "must buy" to "meh". 

Not sturdy? The quality control and refining phases LEGO models have to go through before getting approved are incredibly strict. If this set wasn't stable they wouldn't be selling it :tongue:

Just saw the HD images of The Island sets too. Overall, I was already very impressed when they were originally leaked but damn, I want them even more now!

And yeah, that poster of S14 is absolutely lit! I'm definitely much more excited and looking forward even more to checking out that season! Oh man!

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not sturdy? The quality control and refining phases LEGO models have to go through before getting approved are incredibly strict. If this set wasn't stable they wouldn't be selling it :tongue:

you can see how its bending on the video... Its simply too large. But I will wait with my final judgement for the reviews. I was halfway to buy nowdays overpriced NC (2017) along with NCG. But now I am holding off. 

Somebody just did an unboxing video and they went over the sticker sheet. There's 2 trading cards, Spita and Knuckles. There's a picture of all the ninja together, all in legacy 2 robes. Except Zane. He wearing his legacy 3 robes. I don't know if we will get a legacy 2 Zane for legacy now. Other interesting stickers include the portrait of Ray and Maya. There is also what appears to be 2x1 stickers for 2 people who I have never seen before in ninjago, and they don't have stats so I don't think they are trading cards. This set is chock full of stickers. There's also 25 numbered bags, and the box is split up in sections by smaller white boxes. 3 manuals, probably for the 3 sectors. I hope theres concept art.

So, the designer confirmed (4’26”) many comments when he referred specifically to the set as “a new evolution of Ninjago City”. Bought mine but unsure of keep/build plans for now.

28 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

To be fair, it does look a wee bit wobbly, both on the upper level museum module and the tower spire.

Edited by Lucarex

As a non-fan, the new sets look really nice.

56 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Well, it would look like overkill if there were two lifts so close to each other (City/Gardens).

Just now, Merlo said:

As a non-fan, the new sets look really nice.

Well, it would look like overkill if there were two lifts so close to each other (City/Gardens).

Overkill? If u put it in the line (depends if u have all 3 sets) it would be 4 baseplate far from each other. In minifig perspective its a hell of a distance. But what about the people who dont have previous sets? Lift is not neccesary, it could be just stairs. But I havent noticed them anywhere.