I agree with the ‘limp over the finish line’ part, and I think what Lego are trying to do is keep the set completely under wraps and surprise us with this amazing thing that we’ve never seen before. Unfortunately, they have to deal with the internet, and there’s always leaks. Lego does not have the capability to squash out every little bit they see on their set, and it’s impossible to keep it a secret. I will admit though, they’ve stepped up their game when it comes to parts leaks. Apart from Lloyd, we’ve had no part leaks for season 14 as of now. But Lego seem to have a lack of planning when it comes to sets, with most leaks coming either from an employee or if a magazine is released early. This is what’s happened with all of the ninjago 2021 sets so far, however the gardens is a strange example as everyone has seen pics of it, there’s videos everywhere and yet they still won’t reveal it. Lego needs to grasp the fact that leaks will happen, and that they can’t keep it secret. Sometimes a set will have to be kept secret for a reason, like if it’s delayed, but for a set that’s been made and ready for distribution since at least November, I honestly don’t know what’s going on. Maybe it’s just a stubborn worker who wants to keep the news from going out. Either way, let’s hope Lego will learn from their mistakes and we’ll see a nice clean reveal for the next ninjago wave, although season 14 has already been leaked (again, in their own catalog). Season 15?

13 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Apart from Lloyd, we’ve had no part leaks for season 14 as of now. 

Mammatus also leaked a while ago :wink:

14 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

This is what’s happened with all of the ninjago 2021 sets so far, however the gardens is a strange example as everyone has seen pics of it, there’s videos everywhere and yet they still won’t reveal it. Lego needs to grasp the fact that leaks will happen, and that they can’t keep it secret. Sometimes a set will have to be kept secret for a reason, like if it’s delayed, but for a set that’s been made and ready for distribution since at least November, I honestly don’t know what’s going on. Maybe it’s just a stubborn worker who wants to keep the news from going out. Either way, let’s hope Lego will learn from their mistakes and we’ll see a nice clean reveal for the next ninjago wave, although season 14 has already been leaked (again, in their own catalog). Season 15?

LEGO is a multi-billion dollar company and one of the biggest toy manufacturers in the world, do you honestly expect them to change their agenda just because a small amount of people on the internet have seen a set? A lot of fans have seen the set already but the general audience, a.k.a. the majority of LEGO's consumers, haven't.

I agree that the time LEGO has put between reveals and releases for D2C sets lately is ridiculous but you can't expect them to change their entire schedule just because of some leaks, they're inevitable. 

3 hours ago, Cocoa said:

Honestly, I'm calling the reveal to be on the 13th, if not some time today. Right when the January calendar was revealed, I noticed the 13th marked on LEGO's calendar for Ninjago, and that's when I knew LEGO would drag out this reveal to the very last minute. But honestly, we've seen so much of the Gardens already that the most we'll get out of a reveal are some reviews and international prices. Still, reviews are super valuable for seeing the set in detail and seeing what it will look like IRL.

I remember you mentioned that, so I am looking forward. Enjoy the build and take your time. Also, in the expand section, both buildings are from the Gardens. One is the sand green building to the bottom right (Ronin's shop?), and the other building is the Ninjago fan's apartment.

Oh, c'mon people. There is no sense to reveal them on 13th January. There is a lot more sense to reveal them on anniversary (14 January) and do a VIP-release on the same day (it was confirmed that VIP-release is 14 January). 

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

Oh, c'mon people. There is no sense to reveal them on 13th January. There is a lot more sense to reveal them on anniversary (14 January) and do a VIP-release on the same day (it was confirmed that VIP-release is 14 January). 

They have never announced a set concurrent with it's release and, truth be told, that's also just an awfull idea from a business pov. It'll definetely get announced before the 14th.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO is a multi-billion dollar company and one of the biggest toy manufacturers in the world, do you honestly expect them to change their agenda just because a small amount of people on the internet have seen a set? A lot of fans have seen the set already but the general audience, a.k.a. the majority of LEGO's consumers, haven't.

I agree that the time LEGO has put between reveals and releases for D2C sets lately is ridiculous but you can't expect them to change their entire schedule just because of some leaks, they're inevitable. 

Agreed that it's likely a very small percentage of customers who follow leaks. Yes, people here, but that's a tiny percentage of overall sales. It seems like the strategy of waiting for reveal until very close to the release date is that you get a bunch of content released from reviewers, influencers, and press. And then, critically, people can click a link and buy immediately (well, up until five past midnight when it's sold out). As opposed to a reveal two weeks beforehand, but you can't click through and buy straight away, and by the time you can, you've possibly forgotten or moved onto other things.

Plus, changing a release schedule causes even more confusion and misinformation everywhere. It's not that critical to LEGO, but messing around their partners with changing dates all the time is a big deal.

Ok, I was thinking the other night, what’s the chance of the gardens set selling out? Im having concerns about the stock, and i do not want to run the risk of myself waking up in the morning and seeing it out of stock. I’ve been hyped for this set since it’s rumour back in August, and I cannot afford to have to wait till that thing is back in stock(especially considering Lego’s restocking has been slow during this pandemic) I doubt that it will sell out overnight, but as I said, I cannot afford to run this risk. I’m sure you will all tell me that my suspicions are false, and it will be fine, and I appreciate that. But I’m still anxious about what could happen.

26 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Ok, I was thinking the other night, what’s the chance of the gardens set selling out? Im having concerns about the stock, and i do not want to run the risk of myself waking up in the morning and seeing it out of stock. I’ve been hyped for this set since it’s rumour back in August, and I cannot afford to have to wait till that thing is back in stock(especially considering Lego’s restocking has been slow during this pandemic) I doubt that it will sell out overnight, but as I said, I cannot afford to run this risk. I’m sure you will all tell me that my suspicions are false, and it will be fine, and I appreciate that. But I’m still anxious about what could happen.

Simple solution: order one at midnight :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They have never announced a set concurrent with it's release and, truth be told, that's also just an awfull idea from a business pov. It'll definetely get announced before the 14th.

Didn't that happen with the Aston Martin (which if I remember correctly sold horrible, partially due to people not knowing it existed)

5 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I doubt that it will sell out overnight,

In the US, almost all the new 2021 sets were on backorder by the morning. Same happened with CNY a couple days ago. Perhaps there is more supply in your area, but to be safe, definitely order at midnight or call for store pick up if that’s available.

I called the LEGO Store today and they haven’t heard the protocol on if they’re allowed to let people order via phone for pick up on release. But they confirmed they would have on the 14th and that’s good.

It will be funny if after getting Docks and City I don't get Gardens at all since Lego doesn't deliver to my country... lol

So A lot of people on brickset are saying that there isn’t a press release because Lego don’t want to draw attention to the set, and I kinda agree. Lego might know that the set will sell well, so if they don’t really announce it, then they can manage stock a bit more. However, we still have a day left, and as some people have said, the 13th is marked on the calendar, and there must be a reason. But this is a set to celebrate the 10th year of ninjago, and not having anything to go with the set just seems to be a bit odd. This is one of Lego’s best themes. We don’t usually get press releases for ninjago but this should be an exception.

Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

So A lot of people on brickset are saying that there isn’t a press release because Lego don’t want to draw attention to the set, and I kinda agree. Lego might know that the set will sell well, so if they don’t really announce it, then they can manage stock a bit more. However, we still have a day left, and as some people have said, the 13th is marked on the calendar, and there must be a reason. But this is a set to celebrate the 10th year of ninjago, and not having anything to go with the set just seems to be a bit odd. This is one of Lego’s best themes. We don’t usually get press releases for ninjago but this should be an exception.

Docks didn't get a press release so it's possible that Gardens won't get one either. 

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Docks didn't get a press release so it's possible that Gardens won't get one either. 

Did it not? Hmm I thought it did. The 2017 set had a press release and was exclusive to Lego. I’m not sure if the docks was either, but I don’t think it was a Lego exclusive. Whilst the gardens is technically a Lego exclusive, it’ll have a wide release in may. On the other hand, it is the big ‘10 years of ninjago set’ so I would of thought they could do something. I’m sure the gardens will get a press release, but Lego is being annoyingly quiet about this set.

Brickset have updated the ninjago city gardens set pictures on their website (this isn’t on the news page, it’s just on the gardens set page) it shows high quality images and you can see most of the interiors of the buildings. The ninjago museum is worryingly sparse, with not many artifacts. The painting from hands of time can be seen, (the monastery battle) and it shows that the green building on the left side appears to be occupied by an artist. You get a good look at the posters that can be swapped out, one is a shark, one is a couple of motorbikes there is also a pic of the arcade machine, that has a function where you push the joystick up and down and the picture behind the screen moves

Scratch that, ninjago city gardens is now up on shop@home!

This is the link! I guess we’re not getting a press release after all.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/ninjago-city-gardens-71741?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUK-oSv%2FvWYkQIY-2014326-124738-1

A few notes regarding the list of sets that just leaked:

- The names of the sets are all translated, they're close but not entirely correct

- 71749 is a 4+ version of Final Flight of the Destiny's Bounty and has the same name as it's predecessor

- 71752 is a ninja vehicle 

- 71756 is a Bounty as I reported earlier

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

A few notes regarding the list of sets that just leaked:

- The names of the sets are all translated, they're close but not entirely correct

- 71749 is a 4+ version of Final Flight of the Destiny's Bounty and has the same name as it's predecessor

- 71756 is a Bounty as I reported earlier

I was going to say, if 71749 was a legacy remake of the final flight, then  by the time it comes around, we would have the hydro bounty, the legacy bounty and this one all on shelves at the same time. Excited to see what they do with the ultra sonic raider.....

Some of those names really do sound like a throwback to the Atlantis subtheme from a decade ago

So it appears that Kai's dragon really is from the S15 wave.Weird to have a fire dragon on a underwater setting. 

I wonder will all the summer sets gonna release at the same time or separately like now with the Legacy sets and the S14 sets at March. 

Interesting, with temp name of 71752 being "Amphibian Submarine", it sounds to me that despite the summer wave being underwater themed, we're probably not having deep-sea creature as the villains. Though the "salamander folks" does sound like a cool concept for villains to me now.

And definitely looking forward to checking out the 'Temple of the Infinite Sea". Sounds really dope!

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

37 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

That settles it. TLG showed where it sits. 

Docks in the middle, Gardens to its right and city to its left! Thank god that's settled! :iamded_lol:

It makes most sense to show it that way. But do you think that's the only possible way? City+Docks can connect in two official ways and at least two unofficial ones that still look ok.

Just now, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Interesting, with temp name of 71752 being "Amphibian Submarine", it sounds to me that despite the summer wave being underwater themed, we're probably not having deep-sea creature as the villains. Though the "salamander folks" does sound like a cool concept for villains to me now.

Well it is a ninja vehicle (as seen below)

45 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said: