9 minutes ago, Maartenh said:

I am a little afraid that one of those balconies will be in the way to make that connection though, but hoping Lego made sure that isn't a problem.

Im not sure if the green buildings balcony is removable, as there is a door there, but the one below it on the street level should be removable and able to be put in the other side, as there are technic pin holes on the opposite building (ice cream shop). The green buildings balcony shouldn’t be a problem if you own the docks due to the height difference, however if you want to connect it directly to the city or if your building your own ninjago city modulars like me, then that’s a real problem.

Edited by a guy from somewhere

10 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

It’s almost 3 days till release. And still no press release. It’s been revealed by a partner of Lego. What is going on? 

They usually don't put out press releases on weekends. I'm pretty much expecting a press release tomorrow morning. The partner in question likely just jumped the gun by a day.

Edited by Lyichir

Yea I am 80% sure tomorrow we’re going to see both the press release and video reviews from people like just2good. Very similar to Diagon Alley release. A release plan I personally think is rather dumb. 

Edited by Modal

I wouldn't be surpised if the reveal was on the 13th, because of the store calendar.

So the "Expand your Ninjago Gardens" segment actually shows two copies of the Gardens being connected. I'm surprised they'd promote connecting multiple copies of the same set, though, at the same time, the other blocks are retired and probably won't be reissued. I remember they encouraged this idea with Cafe Corner, and honestly it's worthwhile if you can afford it. If any of you buy two Gardens, I'd love to see them connected.

24 minutes ago, Cocoa said:

So the "Expand your Ninjago Gardens" segment actually shows two copies of the Gardens being connected. I'm surprised they'd promote connecting multiple copies of the same set, though, at the same time, the other blocks are retired and probably won't be reissued. I remember they encouraged this idea with Cafe Corner, and honestly it's worthwhile if you can afford it. If any of you buy two Gardens, I'd love to see them connected.

Are you sure? I can tell the set on the right is the Gardens, but I can't tell what is on the left side. Too blurry still

23 minutes ago, Cocoa said:

I'm pretty sure they also did that with the Ninjago City set (since, like the Café Corner, it was the first of its series and no other "modules" were available at the time). It does make sense that they'd do the same here since the others are unlikely to be rereleased. Maybe if we're lucky another module will be released before this one is retired.

24 minutes ago, Modal said:

Are you sure? I can tell the set on the right is the Gardens, but I can't tell what is on the left side. Too blurry still

On the left is the sand green building from the bottom right. I hope we get another module, and they may even have one planned, but the chances of one being released most likely depend on how well this set performs. I feel like the novelty and grandeur of the original City is captured here, and that set has remained quite popular even after retirement, so I think this has a good chance of being a hit.

So I am very in love with this set, however I think I may look into trying to build a walk bridge from the street level of the docks to the gardens as that hard drop just bugs me, and it may fill in some of the “dead air” between them and make the shrine look less like an “add on”.

I can see why they added the “expand your gardens” image with 2 x gardens on the box as it will avoid confusion with newbies as to where to get other sets (similar to how all modular only show connecting to other available modular). For all I know there may also be copyright concerns if they reuse the specific “Ninjago Movie” branding on the packaging as well as I don’t think they have a current deal with Warner Bros any more??

Edited by Scotticus the White

17 minutes ago, Scotticus the White said:

So I am very in love with this set, however I think I may look into trying to build a walk bridge from the street level of the docks to the gardens as that hard drop just bugs me, and it may fill in some of the “dead air” between them and make the shrine look less like an “add on”.

I think it’d be easier to just remove the shrine section and put it on the other side of the Gardens, then build a small extension to the walkway at the corner to connect it to that little bridge on the shrine. (Assuming your available space forces you to display them all in a line and you can’t have a corner where you just put the Gardens on the other side of City.) But you do you. 

I don’t know why this didn’t dawn on me earlier, but if the 32 x 32 structures can connect like the back of the box suggests, then the sidewalk and patio to the left are removable.

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I think it’d be easier to just remove the shrine section and put it on the other side of the Gardens, then build a small extension to the walkway at the corner to connect it to that little bridge on the shrine. (Assuming your available space forces you to display them all in a line and you can’t have a corner where you just put the Gardens on the other side of City.) But you do you. 

Yeah I’ve thought of that too. Thankfully it looks like it will be easy enough to play around with and see what works.

EVENTUALLY I really hope to have a few extra MOC buildings put into it (ideas I had back when there was no hope of further official sets. So they’ll no doubt change things up as well.

In one of the new pictures it shows there are stairs leading up to the museum.

The shrine addon confuses me, given how different it is from the Gardens themselves. Maybe it gives some extra opportunities for different connections with older sets.

9 hours ago, Cocoa said:

Me and my friend are both getting this set, I was asking if it would be possible to build it ‘opposite’ before for that reason. I can see if I can post a pic when both are built up, but it took Jangbricks 10 hours (not counting breaks) to build the 2017 city, so it’ll be a long one. As for the expand your ninjago city section, I’m not sure if that’s a set? It’s not the stone masons workshop like I thought from the docks, and there isn’t a building like that on the 2017 city, nor can I find one in the gardens. It appears to have some sort of Reed like plants coming out of the water. 

Promo bricks have posted higher quality images of the gardens, and it looks amazing. Im now feeling better about that price hike, it seems justified with the sheer amount of detail. For one, they use the ninjago weapons pack from SOTFS in green (like the jade blades in the ToE set) as vines and foliage. If you look at the balcony on the bottom floor, on the front building, there's a green scythe sticking out of the bottom. Also, the walkway on the second section that wraps around the side is removable, as there's a straight gap along the plates where the 32x32 space ends. I dont know what lego is doing about the reveal. Someone said here that the gardens release will go down as one of the strangest and weirdest set releases ever. I couldn't agree more.

20 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Last year an official color chart (as in, the type used by designers) showed up briefly in a video and it was marked to retire in 2021 on the chart. The Chinese New Year set might have made it just before the cutoff, but I can only assume that the change of the lanterns in this set to Trans. Light Blue (and for that matter the lack of Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange details in the Ice Planet-themed ice cream parlor) is because of that.

It surprised me too, seeing as it's been a pretty commonly used color in the past few years.

Why exactly is trans neon orange retiring? I see no reason why they should stop using it...

Edited by Lego David

23 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Why exactly is trans neon orange retiring? I see no reason why they should stop using it...

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe Lego decided they only needed one transparent orange color, or some aspect of the fluorescent additive they use made them feel like they needed to make a change? Until we get some sort of statement on the matter, it's all guesswork.

Honestly, I'm calling the reveal to be on the 13th, if not some time today. Right when the January calendar was revealed, I noticed the 13th marked on LEGO's calendar for Ninjago, and that's when I knew LEGO would drag out this reveal to the very last minute. But honestly, we've seen so much of the Gardens already that the most we'll get out of a reveal are some reviews and international prices. Still, reviews are super valuable for seeing the set in detail and seeing what it will look like IRL.

7 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Me and my friend are both getting this set, I was asking if it would be possible to build it ‘opposite’ before for that reason. I can see if I can post a pic when both are built up, but it took Jangbricks 10 hours (not counting breaks) to build the 2017 city, so it’ll be a long one. As for the expand your ninjago city section, I’m not sure if that’s a set?

I remember you mentioned that, so I am looking forward. Enjoy the build and take your time. Also, in the expand section, both buildings are from the Gardens. One is the sand green building to the bottom right (Ronin's shop?), and the other building is the Ninjago fan's apartment.

26 minutes ago, Cocoa said:

Honestly, I'm calling the reveal to be on the 13th, if not some time today. Right when the January calendar was revealed, I noticed the 13th marked on LEGO's calendar for Ninjago, and that's when I knew LEGO would drag out this reveal to the very last minute. But honestly, we've seen so much of the Gardens already that the most we'll get out of a reveal are some reviews and international prices. Still, reviews are super valuable for seeing the set in detail and seeing what it will look like IRL.

I remember you mentioned that, so I am looking forward. Enjoy the build and take your time. Also, in the expand section, both buildings are from the Gardens. One is the sand green building to the bottom right (Ronin's shop?), and the other building is the Ninjago fan's apartment.

A reveal would also get us higher resolution pictures, which for a set as detail heavy as this one could offer some great insights.

I'm a little bummed... the way Brickset phrased their article this morning makes it sound like Lego hasn't offered them anything along the lines of a press packet or review set yet. It's a silly thing to be upset about, since the full suite of images and reviews will inevitably come in time, but after all the bad news in the U.S. last week I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to a potential grand reveal this morning to help take my mind off things.

Just now, Lyichir said:

I'm a little bummed... the way Brickset phrased their article this morning makes it sound like Lego hasn't offered them anything along the lines of a press packet or review set yet.

I read the article and I agree entirely. As the "ultimate Ninjago gift," let alone a D2C, this should get a press release by default. But unfortunately, it doesn't even sound like Brickset has been given anything past the photos we have. Luckily, the photos found by Brickset have much higher resolution than yesterdays'. But even if it is officially revealed on the 13th like the calendar would suggest, we may not see reviews until consumers post their own. But for anyone planning to buy this on the 14th, perhaps there won't be any long lines or website crashes.

I find it very funny how the set has been leaked like 3-4 times

Edited by Surge

I know this doesn’t need to be mentioned a million times, but I just cannot understand the logic behind reveals for sets like Gardens and Diagon Alley. It’s like by the time the reveal happens there’s so little to actually reveal that it limps over the finish line.