22 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Interesting note from Ashnflash... since Lego advertise the old retired sets as “you can connect NCG to other sets” there might be chance that these previous sets cozld be re-released and maybe slightly moded (box art, exclusion of shark army figs etc) like those Ideas sets. It wozld make sense. Fingers crossed. 

Man... another shot at getting the other 2 modulars without paying £100-200 extra would be amazing! Let’s hope this sells well enough to see if Lego would bring back the old sets, as I don’t think a new modular is completely off the table, but I feel like they would bring back the other two sets before we get a brand new design. It would just make sense considering it’s advertised on the box and the designs are there, ready and waiting. Also, apologies about the wording on one of my last posts, should of read that through a bit more, but you get the idea of it. 

48 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Interesting note from Ashnflash... since Lego advertise the old retired sets as “you can connect NCG to other sets” there might be chance that these previous sets cozld be re-released and maybe slightly moded (box art, exclusion of shark army figs etc) like those Ideas sets. It wozld make sense. Fingers crossed. 

Or - infinitely more likely - there will be more “legacy Ninjago” modular building sets moving forward. They won’t rerelease NC or Docks, they’ve just used them to demonstrate the connection. 

12 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Or - infinitely more likely - there will be more “legacy Ninjago” modular building sets moving forward. They won’t rerelease NC or Docks, they’ve just used them to demonstrate the connection. 

Perhaps. But I think that future extensions depends on popularity of actual set(s). I just hope that there might be possibility to re release old ones as well. For wxample I would buy NCG if I had previous two. If lego make re-release I would buy all of them at once. And I believe that I am not the only one... 

This set looks amazing, but I‘m on the fence about getting it due to spatial concerns :sceptic: There‘s no way to fit it next to the other Ninjago City sets (and it‘s tallness definitely doesn‘t help either). Maybe I‘ll buy it without assembling it, which I‘ve never done before. Sad times *smallest violin in the world playing*

Nonetheless, I can‘t wait to see more details, especially some of the building techniques. Some are already apparent, e.g. using a red axle piece as a d-pad on the arcade! That‘s a stroke of genius, never would‘ve thought of that :oh:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Nonetheless, I can‘t wait to see more details, especially some of the building techniques. Some are already apparent, e.g. using a red axle piece as a d-pad on the arcade! That‘s a stroke of genius, never would‘ve thought of that :oh:

If we’re gonna start talking about NPU, may I direct you attention to the chest lids used as roofs on the lavender building? Or the black sausages on Chen’s noodle house used on the awning, or maybe the black axes used for the ice cream parlour roof? The designers really go all out when it comes to the roofs in ninjago city!

Really excited seeing these details! Pretty annoyed with the ordering of the sections in their example though: the right side of the docks with the vertical drop and cut off walkway looks ridiculous. Looking forward to seeing the gardens connected to the docks without the pagoda section in between and hoping Lego made those balconies customisable so the sets can properly connect like that.

I liked this set, but honestly this looks so much better than it did in the catalog. Seeing the city all together, I am so satisfied. THIS is exactly what I wanted since the City came out. And wow, the Gardens is actually larger than the original. Honestly it’s a dream come true.

Edited by Cocoa

I was looking through the ‘official’ pics for the gardens and in literally every photo they show the very top of the turquoise spire, zane is just hovering there :head_back: he’s just standing in thin air with his hand grasped around the antenna of it. I honestly believe that this could be one of the best ninjago sets ever, only outclassed by the temple of airjitzu and the original ninjago city.

The ordering of City-Docks-Gardens seems only logical to me for promo shots. Gardens have to be in the fore, and the height variation adds some interest as Docks would look kinda sad hanging there in the background with the dense City and Gardens lumped together. Also, Gardens look like they're in a lot of ways inspired by City, so those might even be a tad too similar together.

Btw I've just been shuffling my City+Docks around. Has anyone noticed how easy it's to fit them together in ways besides the "official" ones?

The set already looked great in the catalog, but I'm glad it looks even better in the official pictures! Even though the overall style is similar to the other Ninjago modulars, I appreciate how many details are different.

I appreciate the nice details at the back too, and I really like the temple (as a reference to Airjitzu)

Edited by JintaiZ
typo

So seeing them all together, how will you guys implement spring lantern festival? I think it would look good “behind” the gardens. 

The new legacy sets are really nice the new face print on the ghost in Cole's  battle set is awesome.  I will be buying multiples just for the face print alone.  The new weapon pieces are great.  Really like the legacy wave the tournament  of elements is nice my youngest son got that set looks good and figs look great.  Can't wait till march for the season 14 sets. 

2 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Perhaps. But I think that future extensions depends on popularity of actual set(s). I just hope that there might be possibility to re release old ones as well. For wxample I would buy NCG if I had previous two. If lego make re-release I would buy all of them at once. And I believe that I am not the only one... 

The problem with doing rereleases of the original two is that the audience for those is much smaller than the audience for new expansions would be, because rereleases would have a tough time selling to anyone who already had the originals, and depending on how much they were "reworked", they might still be directly competing with the "authentic" originals on the aftermarket. And chances are they'd require a significant amount of changes, since not only are many of the minifigure parts likely retired but certain colors like Copper Metallic and Trans. Fluorescent Reddish Orange are retiring as well. It's just not a strong business case; not when designing a new expansion that could appeal to even more buyers remains a better option.

I’m really curious how the Gardens, with the blue lanterns, will look with lighting kits next to the other two. I hope the red and blue don’t clash too much. 

11 minutes ago, Modal said:

I’m really curious how the Gardens, with the blue lanterns, will look with lighting kits next to the other two. I hope the red and blue don’t clash too much. 

The way the Gardens is sorta cut off from the originals and just how different it is aesthetic wise could indicate the start of a new section for the city. Perhaps each section would have a unique lantern color? That is if LEGO releases more expansions.

Edited by Cocoa

This looks fantastic. I’m really curious what other sets some of these new parts, like what’s obviously a really rugged looking track piece, are going to show up in. 

Just now, Willworkfortoys said:

This looks fantastic. I’m really curious what other sets some of these new parts, like what’s obviously a really rugged looking track piece, are going to show up in. 

Where's this track piece? I'm gonna assume your not referring to the red roller coaster piece on the second level.

36 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Where's this track piece? I'm gonna assume your not referring to the red roller coaster piece on the second level.

It’s like a link for tank track, not like roller coaster track; if you look at the picture with the closeup of the kid looking at the ice cream shop it’s in the bottom right in light blay on either side of the column as decoration.

So now I see a staircase behind the ice cream shop, which is nice. Is that an elevator lift on the corner on the base floor? I wonder how you get up to the roof

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

The problem with doing rereleases of the original two is that the audience for those is much smaller than the audience for new expansions would be, because rereleases would have a tough time selling to anyone who already had the originals, and depending on how much they were "reworked", they might still be directly competing with the "authentic" originals on the aftermarket. And chances are they'd require a significant amount of changes, since not only are many of the minifigure parts likely retired but certain colors like Copper Metallic and Trans. Fluorescent Reddish Orange are retiring as well. It's just not a strong business case; not when designing a new expansion that could appeal to even more buyers remains a better option.

This is correct.   There will never be a rerelease of 70620 and 70657, because a big chunk of the target audience of Ninjago fans already has 70620 and 70657.      However, the blurb about connectivity with the other parts of the city strongly suggests to me that we will see more expansions in the 2020s, especially if the Gardens sells briskly.

4 hours ago, Maartenh said:

Really excited seeing these details! Pretty annoyed with the ordering of the sections in their example though: the right side of the docks with the vertical drop and cut off walkway looks ridiculous. Looking forward to seeing the gardens connected to the docks without the pagoda section in between and hoping Lego made those balconies customisable so the sets can properly connect like that.

That's only because of Temple Island. You can see that there's a straight walkway from the Gardens to the Dock so there would be no cut-off between the streets.

1 hour ago, Willworkfortoys said:

It’s like a link for tank track, not like roller coaster track; if you look at the picture with the closeup of the kid looking at the ice cream shop it’s in the bottom right in light blay on either side of the column as decoration.

I think that's one of the links for the new escalator that appears in the Friends shopping mall! In the earlier, blurry pictures I couldn't quite tell what it was, but now I'm fairly certain.

5 minutes ago, TheLazyChicken said:

Is translucent reddish neon orange really retiring? It’s in one of the new Chinese New Years set as a firework piece.

Last year an official color chart (as in, the type used by designers) showed up briefly in a video and it was marked to retire in 2021 on the chart. The Chinese New Year set might have made it just before the cutoff, but I can only assume that the change of the lanterns in this set to Trans. Light Blue (and for that matter the lack of Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange details in the Ice Planet-themed ice cream parlor) is because of that.

It surprised me too, seeing as it's been a pretty commonly used color in the past few years.

Edited by Lyichir

39 minutes ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

That's only because of Temple Island. You can see that there's a straight walkway from the Gardens to the Dock so there would be no cut-off between the streets.

I am a little afraid that one of those balconies will be in the way to make that connection though, but hoping Lego made sure that isn't a problem.