@a guy from somewhere I don't think price difference is an issue here. Sure, the price in the US stayed the same, but that doesn't make it unfair by any means. Without VAT, the price in UK would be 220 GBP/298 USD which seems fair.

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Ok so the Uk price for the gardens has been found, and it’s confirmed  to be £275? I was under the impression that it was £260? I’m not too happy with that, as it means that I have to re think my current money situation. But the main thing is that the gardens is still $300 for the US. The original ninjago city set was $300 US and £260 in the uk. Granted, almost 600 pieces for 15 is good, but it still doesn’t feel right with the US price staying the same. This could just be down to brexit, but I’m probably overthinking here. Definitely disappointed with the £15 price hike, but I guess I’ll have to deal with it. 

You can’t just convert and compare with US price as that doesn’t include the sales tax that almost all states add on to RRP (varies by state but typically around 7-8%). So US buyers will pay around $320.

As for the UK price, there’s the fact the value/exchange rate of GBP to EUR (which LEGO uses as a proxy for DKK) is in the toilet thanks to Brexit. I don’t think £15 is a “hike” all things considered and face it, LEGO prices aren’t going down ever. And Gardens is still excellent value relatively speaking.

If it helps, I’d wait for a sale somewhere like Smyths where I bought NC at about 30% off some 6 months after launch. 

Edited by Lucarex

What is the delivery speed for the UK right now from Lego? I’m honestly considering getting express shipping for the gardens as my friend brought the Titan mech set but it was stuck in the warehouse for a solid week. Do sets move quicker through the warehouse when you have express? I’m just wondering what the actual time difference is as express is (very) expensive.

24 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

What is the delivery speed for the UK right now from Lego? I’m honestly considering getting express shipping for the gardens as my friend brought the Titan mech set but it was stuck in the warehouse for a solid week. Do sets move quicker through the warehouse when you have express? I’m just wondering what the actual time difference is as express is (very) expensive.

LEGO's delivery times are all over the place since covid disrupted things early last year. When I ordered Diagon Alley right at release (midnight) it arrived the next day but when I ordered a few sets around november it took almost a full week, both were normal shipping. I also know that a lot of Dutch LEGO fans who ordered DA at the same time I did but with express shipping either got it on the same day as I did or 2-3 days later. 

It's your decision but imo it isn't worth it, especially considering you said the £15 price difference with City already meant you'd have to rethink your financial situation :sceptic: 

Man I really want to get it on the 14th just to have it but I still have the other two sets in their boxes and I don’t have much more room. But having all three NIB sounds so satisfying...

Spring Lantern Festival is kind of what I partially expected from Gardens, only even better. Someone should mod that to fit with the rest of the city :)

A new picture just surfaced showing all 3 City sets in a straight line. I have to say I really don't like how Gardens and Docks next to each other, you'd definetely have to connect Gardens to City for it to look good. 

Edited by Guyon2002

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

A new picture just surfaced showing all 3 City sets in a straight line. I have to say I really don't like how Gardens and Docks next to each other, you'd definetely have to connect Gardens to City for it to look good. 

I agree, the fact that the street level walkway on the docks just cuts off just doesn't work. However, if the balcony that wraps around the side is removable, i'm gonna take out the pagoda island, connect the gardens to the docks like in that pic and then move the pagoda island and the walkway to the other side of the gardens. Also, the roof height on Mistake's(I still cant spell her name :sceptic: ) tea shop should also give enough clearance for that balcony that's connected to the green apartment

Theres a pic that shows the ice cream shop clearly, and there appears to be a stairwell behind it to get to the 4th floor. In the ninjago fans apartment, there's a red 1x1 with a clip (upwards facing, I cant remember the name of the top of my head) followed by a light blue one. There is a 1x1 quarter tile in white clipped on to both of them. I believe these are actually the catamarans from the season 14 set! The colours are right, and I cant think of anything else they could be?

Edited by a guy from somewhere

Ok on promobricks’ news page on their website, there’s a pic of the gardens that shows a view of it connected to the city, docks, pagoda island and then the gardens (in that specific order) the height difference is almost worst than the docks connected to the city. I can post the pic, or you can look at it yourself. Apparently LCS brickworks leaked it, I have to think that they had the pics from LAN, and leaked them when they got them 

All the negativity from people in this forum is making me quite sad. I for one think the new sets looks amazing. Combined to the City and Docks it looks even better. The height difference is not something negative it ads diversity to the entire street. If you watch the show Ninjago City is buildings of all sizes combined together to make one mess of a giant city. this set is an absolute must have for me and I will be getting it on day one. Hoping for even more extensions in the future. 

1 minute ago, AxL said:

All the negativity from people in this forum is making me quite sad. I for one think the new sets looks amazing. Combined to the City and Docks it looks even better. The height difference is not something negative it ads diversity to the entire street. If you watch the show Ninjago City is buildings of all sizes combined together to make one mess of a giant city. this set is an absolute must have for me and I will be getting it on day one. Hoping for even more extensions in the future. 

Nobody said the set doesn't look amazing. Some of us said Gardens would look better next to City instead of Docks which isn't even close to being negative as we're talking about a modular system here, you're supposed to move things around to get it to your liking. And they're all personal opinions, just because you like to see Gardens attached to Docks doesn't mean others have to think the same. 

Posts complaining about negativity are almost more common these days than the negativity itself, it's almost a YouTube comment section :hmpf:

27 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Ok on promobricks’ news page on their website, there’s a pic of the gardens that shows a view of it connected to the city, docks, pagoda island and then the gardens (in that specific order)

Looked through twice now and that’s not shown anywhere.

39 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Looked through twice now and that’s not shown anywhere.

Its the bottommost picture.

A great looking city scene to me. Although, the way it is shown on the city line up, I'd mod a bridge connection between the docks' teashop and the Gardens' noodle house at the street level. 

Edited by GeoBrick

Just now, GeoBrick said:

Its the bottommost picture.

A great looking city scene to me. Although, the way it is shown on the city line up, I'd mod a bridge connection between the docks' teashop and the Gardens' noodle house at the street level. Even if the little pagoda section is put someplace else, a short bridge is still a must.

Oh I see that pic but it doesn’t show Gardens connected to City directly as the poster suggested.

I don’t want to repeat myself by talking how about how amazing the build is, so instead I’ll just mention how glad I am that they didn’t give the bland 18+ box to this beauty. 

Again, I don’t plan on displaying this one with the other sets. I already like how my Ninjago Movie shelf looks with the original Ninjago City standing next to the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon Temple and Destiny’s Bounty. I don’t want to move anything around, so I’ll start another shelf with this new set and some of the other Legacy ones.

3 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Oh I see that pic but it doesn’t show Gardens connected to City directly as the poster suggested.

The OP actually said the picture showed ''city, docks, pagoda island and then the gardens (in that specific order)'', which is 100% correct :wink:

Just now, The Stud said:

I don’t want to repeat myself by talking how about how amazing the build is, so instead I’ll just mention how glad I am that they didn’t give the bland 18+ box to this beauty.

That's definetely something worth celebrating :excited: It looks good on the Creator Expert vehicles, busts/helmets and botanical sets but on all others it looks really bad 9/10 times :hmpf_bad:

Have to say, the garden definitely looks really awesome connected to the docks and city. I'm almost tempted to grab it, but yeah, unfortunately it's a pass for me as I have other plans.

Regardless of collecting it, I definitely agree that it would be nice to see more extensions, if there are more planned.

16 hours ago, The Stud said:

so instead I’ll just mention how glad I am that they didn’t give the bland 18+ box to this beauty. 

A great choice indeed, it would've look so out of place if the box went for the route of 18+.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The OP actually said the picture showed ''city, docks, pagoda island and then the gardens (in that specific order)'', which is 100% correct :wink:

You might want to reread the actual quote :wink: but never mind, I’m sure someone will post a pic next week.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd love to get this set but as I don't own either of the other Ninjago City sets it'll be a pass for me.

Same for me. Beside that I have limited space :/ 

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

I think that black box would be more suitable. 

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Ok on promobricks’ news page on their website, there’s a pic of the gardens that shows a view of it connected to the city, docks, pagoda island and then the gardens (in that specific order)

42 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

You might want to reread the actual quote :wink: but never mind, I’m sure someone will post a pic next week.

Read the quote carefully, it is phrased a little oddly.  :thumbup:

I think that setup looks fantastic.  I love the wild height differences, that is way more interesting to me.  The only thing I would change is connecting the walkway over the pagoda section between docks and gardens.  Fortunately it comes with that extra "wrap around" piece to make that MOD if you so choose.  Then again connecting the gardens with pagoda to the other side of the city may look really good too.  I am sure we will see that picture once somebody tries it out.

Interesting note from Ashnflash... since Lego advertise the old retired sets as “you can connect NCG to other sets” there might be chance that these previous sets cozld be re-released and maybe slightly moded (box art, exclusion of shark army figs etc) like those Ideas sets. It wozld make sense. Fingers crossed.