Honestly, the pagoda section is a little disappointing for me. Yes, the titanium ninja is a great bit of fan service, but otherwise it is very bland and feels completely overwhelmed by the sheer mass of the build on the 32x32.

11 hours ago, Maartenh said:

Honestly, the pagoda section is a little disappointing for me. Yes, the titanium ninja is a great bit of fan service, but otherwise it is very bland and feels completely overwhelmed by the sheer mass of the build on the 32x32.

I like it, it’s a breath of fresh air from the rest of the bustling city. Me and my friend have both agreed to get the gardens, and we would like to connect them together (we don’t have any other ninjago city sets). I hope the walkways on the sides are removable, but do you guys think that it’s possible to build the main 32x32 section ‘opposite’? So instead of the ice cream shop on the left, it goes on the right. One thing that I’ve always wanted to see is someone getting 4 of the ninjago city 2017 sets and putting them in a square... would almost look like a strange castle?.

Edited by a guy from somewhere
I messed up. Sorry about that.

Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

I like it, it’s a breath of fresh air from the rest of the bustling city. Me and my friend have both agreed to get the gardens, and we would like to connect them together (we don’t have any other ninjago city sets). I hope the walkways on the sides are removable, but do you guys think that it’s possible to build the main 32x32 section ‘opposite’? So instead of the ice cream shop on the left, it goes on the right. One thing that I’ve always wanted to see is someone getting 4 of the ninjago city 2017 sets and putting them in a square... would almost look like a strange castle?. As for more expansions, as much as I hate to say it, I don’t think we will get any more. Ninjago is pretty much ending in 2022, and even if they decided to get rid of the sets and the show, why would they continue to release more modulars?

Where'd you hear that it was ending? I thought it got turned into an evergreen theme. 

Would that matter if the sets are selling? I don't watch any city TV shows and I like the city modulars.

I also don't know much about the Ninjago show and only saw several episodes after buying both City and Docks sets.

12 minutes ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

Where'd you hear that it was ending? I thought it got turned into an evergreen theme. 

I was under the impression that after 2022 there was no more things planned for ninjago apart from a couple of book tie-ins. I hope not, would love to see what they could do with all of it. Let’s hope it continues, and also, if the modular series does continue, what sets would you want to see from it? Ninjago city markets, ninjago city skyline etc.

2 minutes ago, Merlo said:

Would that matter if the sets are selling? I don't watch any city TV shows and I like the city modulars.

I also don't know much about the Ninjago show and only saw several episodes after buying both City and Docks sets.

The Creator Modulars aren't related to City, which was going for ages before the show was started.

Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

I was under the impression that after 2022 there was no more things planned for ninjago apart from a couple of book tie-ins. I hope not, would love to see what they could do with all of it. Let’s hope it continues, and also, if the modular series does continue, what sets would you want to see from it? Ninjago city markets, ninjago city skyline etc.

I never heard that before, I guess we just have to hope that Ninjago stays on the same path it has been on for the past 10 years. I personally would like a Ninjago City Apartments that would have both the giant apartment with dragon bay at the top and the dinky bed/bathroom one, amongst other things

On the gardens of ninjago city set, the side walk had been lowered quite considerably on the lower level. Also, there dosent seem to be any girders or small walkways arround the top part of the city, it seems to be more built up, with actual walkways and barriers, not things like lattices and jail cell doors.

3 minutes ago, astroboy75 said:

When will they officially announce The Gardens? It’s out in less than a week...

Could be any day now, Diagon Alley wasn't revealed untill 12 hours before release. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Could be any day now, Diagon Alley wasn't revealed untill 12 hours before release. 

But Diagon Alley wasn't sent out to thousands of people in a brochure two weeks before! I'm looking at my version now. Just seems bizarre really. Unless they don't make a big thing of the release like they did with Diagon Alley. I wonder if they'll do anything else with Ninjago, like what is happening on Jan 13.

12 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

But Diagon Alley wasn't sent out to thousands of people in a brochure two weeks before! I'm looking at my version now. Just seems bizarre really. Unless they don't make a big thing of the release like they did with Diagon Alley. I wonder if they'll do anything else with Ninjago, like what is happening on Jan 13.

That's it! I really think that's it! We know that there is probably no promos planed, it's too close to launch, and why else would they not of revealed it? its marked in the store calendar! Theres no other reason why there would be something on the 13th. if this is true, they are certainly gonna pull a Diagon alley on us. 

15 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

The catalog doesn't really mean anything though. Diagon Alley released pretty much in the middle of 2HY while the Gardens release pretty much right at the start of 1HY. 

14 hours ago, Modal said:

Ok I’m so confused on how we’re describing this. When we discuss the Docks we mean the back of docks, as Lego has advertised the set with City on the left, Docks to its right but having its back faced forward. Gardens would then be connected to the right of the Docks. Both City and Gardens would have it’s front be the angle that each shows on their box

The Docks (as in the set) can be a bit confusing when talking about it. Yes, the actual dock is the main featured side in LEGO's advertising but I always refer to it as the back of the side; just because of it's orientation in relation to the City set

FRONT:

Spoiler

70657-Ninjago-City-Docks-42-640x428.jpg

BACK:

Spoiler

70657-Ninjago-City-Docks-45-640x506.jpg

I'm thinking about connecting the gardens to the back of the city, so it wraps around. Connecting it to the Docks would make it 3.5 plates long, which is too long for my layout.

Edited by Gorki247

Just now, Gorki247 said:

The Docks (as in the set) can be a bit confusing when talking about it. Yes, the actual dock is the main featured side in LEGO's advertising but I always refer to it as the back of the side; just because of it's orientation in relation to the City set

FRONT

Hide contents

70657-Ninjago-City-Docks-42-640x428.jpg

BACK

Hide contents

70657-Ninjago-City-Docks-45-640x506.jpg

I'm thinking about connecting the gardens to the back of the city, so it wraps around. Connecting it to the Docks would make it 3.5 plates long, which is too long for my layout.

Wouldn't it be 4 if we're counting the pagoda island? The gardens is 3.5 and the docks is 3.5, plus the city it would be 4.

City can connect either to the left or to the right of the Docks. I'm sure they made Gardens in such a way that it won't be a problem connecting it as you please.

14 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Sooo much discussion on whether it sits on the left or the right :iamded_lol:

Here I am not even planning to display my City and Gardens on the same shelf, and I don’t own the Docks period.

Also, there’s no credible indication that Ninjago is ending in 2022. The same doomsday “rumor” pops up every single year and hasn’t ever panned out.

36 minutes ago, Merlo said:

City can connect either to the left or to the right of the Docks. I'm sure they made Gardens in such a way that it won't be a problem connecting it as you please.

If we look at that image on the back of the box, there’s a walk way that wraps around the side of Chen’s noodle house, and it seems to be removable, but then there would be a gap there, but above that there’s a balcony jutting out of the green building. I’m not sure if that’s to big. Also, the side walk on the old city level just doesn’t seem to exist? I’m talking about the right side when viewed from the back, as there’s a little alley way next to the brown building, then the stone path just, stops? At what would be the front of the build, there just doesn’t seem to be anything there. I don’t know how it would connect with the other ninjago modulars, and also if you look at the back of the box, the walkway behind the old city just seems to be completely gone. If you put the gardens next to the 2017 city, the space by the elevator would just go into water, and there would be a flat wall, then without any texturing or sloping, just water tiles

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Wouldn't it be 4 if we're counting the pagoda island? The gardens is 3.5 and the docks is 3.5, plus the city it would be 4.

Good point. If you add in the pagoda island between the dock and one of the corners, it gets even longer.

So over on Lego leaks on Instagram, a pic was just posted of what appears to be golden anniversary Lloyd and nya in an illustrated version. At first I thought this was fake, but a link was posted with it, I followed it and it led do a shopping site with that book that has the 10th anniversary legacy Lloyd minifigure. It lets you flip through the book and in the 4th page, there it is. I can post the link if you want, but you can’t see much of the minifig. It’s blurry, and turned to the side so you can’t see much printing. It does have a recolour of her hair piece though, with the hair band thats usually silver now in cyan/light blue/azure. I do feel like this was created though as just a bit of media, and this doesn’t reflect or reference the actual minifig that we will get. I say this as nyas hair in the season 14 line has the silver hair band, not this blue one that is in the book

33 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

So over on Lego leaks on Instagram, a pic was just posted of what appears to be golden anniversary Lloyd and nya in an illustrated version. At first I thought this was fake, but a link was posted with it, I followed it and it led do a shopping site with that book that has the 10th anniversary legacy Lloyd minifigure. It lets you flip through the book and in the 4th page, there it is. I can post the link if you want, but you can’t see much of the minifig. It’s blurry, and turned to the side so you can’t see much printing. It does have a recolour of her hair piece though, with the hair band thats usually silver now in cyan/light blue/azure. I do feel like this was created though as just a bit of media, and this doesn’t reflect or reference the actual minifig that we will get. I say this as nyas hair in the season 14 line has the silver hair band, not this blue one that is in the book

It also confirms that the Wu in the Gardens is 100% unique. The symbol that looked like Kai's is actually a type of shuriken. 

Just now, MasterofElements said:

It also confirms that the Wu in the Gardens is 100% unique. The symbol that looked like Kai's is actually a type of shuriken. 

I was part of the group that was certain that wu was new, but I didn’t have much evidence to say with it apart from the fact that you would have been able to see the fire details on it, but that could of just been lighting. Glad we have confirmation. Unfortunately, for people who want to buy the minifig, you can’t just use kais torso now.

I have realised however that the wu in that image doesn’t have a golden head, so we can’t really go off that. Also Lego’s media like this can’t be trusted sometimes, so until we get real pieces in hand or in good quality, we can’t really tell. I’m still thinking wu is exclusive though

9 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

but do you guys think that it’s possible to build the main 32x32 section ‘opposite’? So instead of the ice cream shop on the left, it goes on the right.

Absolutely. Although I wouldn't expect it to be too straightforward. The NC designer Nick Vas built his copy of the city mirrored. When someone pointed it out, Nick commented, "I enjoy breaking my brain." Perhaps the Gardens will be easier since the base looks to be simpler without the elevator and bridge. Some sections don't have to be built much differently at all, i.e. the teal spire and center tree.

9 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

As for more expansions, as much as I hate to say it, I don’t think we will get any more. Ninjago is pretty much ending in 2022

If the release of this set is any indication, there's definitely an opportunity for a new expansion following the Gardens. That said, some have speculated this is the final set, one that will complete the block which began with the City and continued with the Docks. Personally, I can see LEGO going either way. Perhaps they'll do an expansion every two years?

Also want to assure you there is no confirmation about Ninjago ending in 2022. I believe there was a tweet about Ninjago content up to 2022 being in the works. LEGO takes around two years to fully realize sets, as seen by Monkie Kid or 501st Legion. So basically, that tweet was just the creators' way of exciting fans for the future. Also, Ninjago is evergreen from what I know. So it will release new sets every season for the foreseeable future, like City and Friends.

Edited by Cocoa