2 hours ago, Gangikhan448 said:

I wonder if they are wearing diver-like suits. The mask will be like a new hood design with scuba gear on it! 

I hope so, I love making custom mini figs and I love futuristic armour and prints, like what was in the Tron set Lego did a while back. Unfortunately, I think they’re gonna do what they  did to avatar Nya in the gamers market, with hair and then a rebreather. I’m not sure though, as that would be doing hair instead of full masks twice in a row. As for the time twins, I’m more interested in when they will pop up. They’re original plan after the monastery attack was to go so far into time that no one remembered them. If Lego go down the route of ‘last season is a time skip focusing on the ninjas kids’ idea, then I would bet that that’s where they pop up again.

11 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I think the 16x32 section with the pagoda is detachable from the rest of the gardens.

I belive it is, as if you study the picture from brickset that has been scanned, you can see a gap in the bottom plates on the underside of the side walk, on the left side. Also, if you look at the preliminary image from a while back, you can see that the walkway wraps around the left side, and it’s on top of the pagoda/temple. The only thing contradicting my idea is that there is a black balcony on the green building that might be a bit of an issue. I’m interested to see what they did at the back, but one thing that bothers me about the gardens is how open it is. I loved how the city was so tight and closed up, with the little alleyways. It looks like they took the parts from the middle section and used them to build a ridiculously tall tower (73cm!) and the extra 800 or so extra parts went into the 16x32 section. It also looks more messy than the other sets, as each one was colourful, but had clear lines where each section ends. This one has a lot more details, but it makes the build feel messy and unorganised. Still getting it day 1, but I do want to see official pics soon. They’re taking there sweet time over there in Denmark. 

9 hours ago, Gangikhan448 said:

I wonder if they are wearing diver-like suits. The mask will be like a new hood design with scuba gear on it! 

I've thought about that before and if they were to use an older headgear piece, the Prime Empire hoods could potentially work for that. Swap out the "face print" for something that looks more like a clear visor and maybe swap the "crest" above the eyeholes for a print resembling a headlamp and it could work fairly well.

That said, a lot of recent waves have opted for entirely new headgear so they could potentially do something like that here too. Something dual-molded with a clear visor could be fun, or maybe even something with "traditional" visor attachment points.

Scuba-type gear would also make for an interesting change from the typical shoulderpads/weapon holder. Though ideally it could use a new body wear piece that allowed for both air tanks and storage for weapons, perhaps with clips or something on the sides like old Aquazone headgear.

9 hours ago, Gangikhan448 said:

Well, I think the golden Nya figure will be using the new suit design (It makes sense as to why we haven't gotten it yet) and it seems to use her hairpiece instead of a hood, so maybe a new half mask with tank and rebreather?

22 hours ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

What do you guys hope that the last two Legacy sets for the year are going to be?

I'm hoping for 9455: Fangpyre Mech. I didn't like the skellies of the first year but loved the snakes. However NinjaGo was so popular I could never find it.

5 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

Well, I think the golden Nya figure will be using the new suit design (It makes sense as to why we haven't gotten it yet) and it seems to use her hairpiece instead of a hood, so maybe a new half mask with tank and rebreather?

No, I combined her hairpiece with ZX armor and it isn't the same as on silhouette. Too long, but it must be short

18 minutes ago, Legofania said:

No, I combined her hairpiece with ZX armor and it isn't the same as on silhouette. Too long, but it must be short

Ahh, so it is a new hood then. Can't wait to see it.

I just got most of the new Legacy wave at the Lego Store today. They didn’t have the Titan Mech available, but they had pretty much everything else from this new wave on the shelves. They didn’t have any older Ninjago sets though; they actually had to fill up the rest of the Ninjago section with their abundance of Monkie Kid products. All I still need to get from this wave are the aforementioned Zane Mech and the Overlord Dragon, which I passed on today.

As for the presumed two Legacy sets coming in the summer, I’m going to keep my expectations low and assume we’re getting something like more Ninja vehicle remakes. A new NinjaCopter or Ronin’s REX would be nice but I don’t think they’re very likely this year.

Edited by The Stud

I've heard various people say that the Golden Wu in the Gardens has a repeat of Kai's golden torso, but if you look closer you see that Wu's has white on its belt while Kai is red. There is also some white in the upper chest area. Not sure if this has been pointed out already.

Just now, MasterofElements said:

I've heard various people say that the Golden Wu in the Gardens has a repeat of Kai's golden torso, but if you look closer you see that Wu's has white on its belt while Kai is red. There is also some white in the upper chest area. Not sure if this has been pointed out already.

I'm fairly certain that's just some unfortunate lighting. If you really zoom in on Wu it definetely looks like it's the same torso and legs as Kai. 

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm fairly certain that's just some unfortunate lighting. If you really zoom in on Wu it definitely looks like it's the same torso and legs as Kai. 

It could definitely be just poor lighting. However, it feels like Wu definitely has some additional printing on the belt, along with the symbol on the bottom right being thinner on Wu's.  

https://imgur.com/a/8Dd7RjX

Edited by MasterofElements
Additional context

26 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

It could definitely be just poor lighting. However, it feels like Wu definitely has some additional printing on the belt, along with the symbol on the bottom right being thinner on Wu's.  

https://imgur.com/a/8Dd7RjX

Good comparison. They definitely look different, though until both figures are released "in the brick" I suppose it's possible that the Wu image accidentally used a preliminary version or something.

Also, looking at them side by side, it dawned on me how odd it is that Golden Wu's face and beard are gold while the other ninja have their typical hair and skin colors. The inconsistency sort of bugs me (though it's an easy fix to swap Golden Wu's head and beard for a more standard one).

Edited by Lyichir

Golden Wu might be a statue in the Gardens, that could be why he's all gold.

5 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Golden Wu might be a statue in the Gardens, that could be why he's all gold.

That makes a lot more sense than the secret titanium ninja statue idea, unfortunately. was hoping for that, but oh well. gold wu it is.

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm fairly certain that's just some unfortunate lighting. If you really zoom in on Wu it definetely looks like it's the same torso and legs as Kai. 

Well to be fair all of the golden ninja use the same legs. 

Indeed; I would have prefered slower, more specific waves. To get proper Legacy figures and proper golden Ninja; with golden heads and maybe even special weapons. Would have been much more collectable.

I understand though how they do it, since the waves are more diverse and kids wont care too much about this or that reused print.

....but nonetheless I allow myself to wish-list for an updated Morro and others (with reuse of the hidden side pieces), amongst sets we never got (like the Overlord dragon). The flying ships from the ghost season would also have been nice. So far we only ever got a small possessed version of the ship..

9 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

That makes a lot more sense than the secret titanium ninja statue idea, unfortunately. was hoping for that, but oh well. gold wu it is.

I still would hope for that

So I just brought the Titan mech set, and I have to say, I’m quite happy with it.

This is a bit off topic, and is pretty much a review.

It’s tall, looks great, lots of mass and has lots of cool new parts. I do have a couple of gripes with this set, like it’s weight. The mech, whilst it does have knees, it cannot really use them because of the limited mobility in the ankles. Because the mech is so heavy, the ankles have to support everything. This means that the designer had to make some compromises, and in turn, the mech has limited ankle mobility, and isn’t very stable. The colours are okay, but I think this is a case of the set looking better in the pictures, rather than in person. There’s too many studs exposed, too many angles and too many clashing colours. I’m also not a fan of what’s going with the shirking on one hand and the sword on the other. I think it should of been duel blades, but according to the designer in a Twitter thread, the higher ups wanted it this way. I’m also not really a fan of open cockpits for mechs in general. Unfortunately it’s quite hard to modify this one, due to the large triangle pieces at the front. The arms could also be a bit longer, but that’s just a minor nit pick.
But this mech isn’t all terrible things. The legs and the feet look amazing, it’s only the ankles that hat could do with some work. I love the large shoulder armour, but it can get in the way. The spring loaded bolts are great, and the head looks awesome.

The mini figs are alright, but when it comes to legacy, it’s really the builds you buy, not the mini figs. Almost all of the legacy villains just feel a bit lazy to me, with the same dude who’s not a generic henchman, but someone of some significance that you can’t army build. I’m looking at Eyezor really, Lasha and Spitta and the ghosts. The nindroids and skulkin were fine. It’s amazing to finally see Zanes hair in silver and golden digi jay is good, but without the screen to display his symbol on the helmet/head wrap it looks a bit empty. Overall this mech is good, but it could be better. I know I’ve said a lot of negative things about this mech, but it’s generally pretty good. I think it’s because I over hyped myself (again). I need to stop doing that.
Writing this though has made me realise that the Lego mech building system needs an update. There needs to be a stronger joint introduced that can work for knees, ankles and shoulders. I say shoulders as if any of you guys own the fire mech from TLNM then you will know that the arms just tend to flop to the side. Any problems with this post, if it’s off topic and you want me to take it down, feel free to let me know!

Edited by a guy from somewhere

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Any problems with this post, if it’s off topic and you want me to take it down, feel free to let me know!

Not seeing an issue; definitely would've preferred unique ghosts instead of turning Ghoultar into the default ghost, although insofar as legacy serpentine go Lasha and Spitta do serve their purpose as foot soldiers/generic snakes (and we're getting Rattla so that should remedy that). 

The colors are jarring? quite surprised, though i suppose switching all the med. azure to dark bley should do the trick; overall the mecha looks very good to me so far but i can see how it might be jarring especially compared to the (far inferior) original titan mech. i will say that from a quick skim over the instructions that it looks as if niek intended to add waist rotation but it might not have worked in the final test; wonder if that quick mod will add to it or not

on another hand: best lego can do is the rubber-insert add-on with 10.2 ball joints? otherwise no luck there; i could swear ratchet joints do the trick well but evidently not huh

It just occurred to me that if you wanted to turn the ghosts from inferior versions of Ghoultar into more generic/distinct ghosts, you could probably make some interesting variety with some of the possessed minifig heads from the Hidden Side theme. I might try that myself. I'm not totally sure it would work (since the possessed figs have a bit of a different aesthetic), but it's worth at least giving it a try.

22 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

It just occurred to me that if you wanted to turn the ghosts from inferior versions of Ghoultar into more generic/distinct ghosts, you could probably make some interesting variety with some of the possessed minifig heads from the Hidden Side theme. I might try that myself. I'm not totally sure it would work (since the possessed figs have a bit of a different aesthetic), but it's worth at least giving it a try.

Oh yea!

55 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

with how many of them got names in the original lineup despite being near-carbon copies of each other that might be interesting

Hey all, I have kind of a random question that might be considered off-topic, so let me know if I need to delete it

The question is about the 1x1 stickered tiles that represent minifgure scale cards. I know they were in a bunch of sets like the 2017 destiny's bounty, Ninjago city and others. there are 11 that I know of that I will list below, and I was wondering If there were any more that I missed. I don't think they have made any new ones since 2018, but I hope there are more to come.

Gold- Wu, Kendo suit (Cole?), Movie Zane, Movie Garmadon

White- Cole, Jay, Garmadon, Lloyd

Brown- Wu (black kimono), Kai

Red- Samurai X

6 minutes ago, Surge said:

Hey all, I have kind of a random question that might be considered off-topic, so let me know if I need to delete it

The question is about the 1x1 stickered tiles that represent minifgure scale cards. I know they were in a bunch of sets like the 2017 destiny's bounty, Ninjago city and others. there are 11 that I know of that I will list below, and I was wondering If there were any more that I missed. I don't think they have made any new ones since 2018, but I hope there are more to come.

Gold- Wu, Kendo suit (Cole?), Movie Zane, Movie Garmadon

White- Cole, Jay, Garmadon, Lloyd

Brown- Wu (black kimono), Kai

Red- Samurai X

What sets are these in? I've got the wu and kai from TLNM destiny bounty. I know there are white and gold cards in the temple of airjitzu. I dont know about anywhere else.

(edit) there's probably some in ninjago city and docks and I'm sure there will be some in the gardens (which we are still waiting for an official official reveal, not just 1 pic from a catalog).

Edited by a guy from somewhere

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

What sets are these in? I've got the wu and kai from TLNM destiny bounty. I know there are white and gold cards in the temple of airjitzu. I dont know about anywhere else.

(edit) there's probably some in ninjago city and docks and I'm sure there will be some in the gardens (which we are still waiting for an official official reveal, not just 1 pic from a catalog).

I don't know what set the lloyd is in, but here are the rest:

Possession: City of Stiix (white Jay), Temple of Airjitzu (gold Wu, gold Cole)

Skybound: The Lighthouse Siege (white lord Garmadon)

DotD: Rock Roader (gold kendo Cole)

Hands of Time: Dragon's Forge (red Samurai X)

Movie: Destiny's bounty (brown Kai, brown Wu), Ninjago city docks (gold movie Garmadon, gold movie zane)

The original ninjago city also has some more (right side), but they're not really consistent with the others. I personally keep the ones I have on the ninjago city comic shop shelf, but if they add any more I'll have to find more space :wink:

Edited by Aquatic_Arm