Ok so I just finished watching ashnflash’s stream about the ninjago city gardens, where he points out a bunch of cool things, and at the end, he emphasised that there was a ‘statue’ that we couldn’t see in the main picture. The chat starts freaking out and he says he can neither confirm or deny the guesses that chat is doing. I think we can all see where this is going? I believe that there is a titanium zane statue on the back side of the gardens, and to have this info, he must of already gotten the set or better pictures of it through LAN. He also emphasised that he did have a ‘large build’. Any ideas?

I never brought a Bounty set in the past,mostly because they couldn't peak my interest.But now a submarine Bounty is rather interesting.

I also wonder what type of enemies will there be.Probably similar to the ones from Atlantis.Just like last summers sets had enemies similar to the Castle Fantasy era enemies.

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

I never brought a Bounty set in the past,mostly because they couldn't peak my interest.But now a submarine Bounty is rather interesting.

I also wonder what type of enemies will there be.Probably similar to the ones from Atlantis.Just like last summers sets had enemies similar to the Castle Fantasy era enemies.

It would be cool if they got to meet a character from the original Atlantis movie like they did with Clutch Powers but without wrecking their original traits. 

3 minutes ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

It would be cool if they got to meet a character from the original Atlantis movie like they did with Clutch Powers but without wrecking their original traits. 

I hope Ace Speedman makes an appearance,he was my favourite Atlantis character.

Edited by LOTR34

1 hour ago, AlBrickStudios said:

Same here! I’m expecting it to look like a submarine 

I’m interested to see how it actually looks. I envision it in 2 ways, 1 where the deck is covered and 1 where the deck is open. If they leave the front deck open, it’ll look like the bounty but I’m not sure how it would be functional wise, especially in the show. It could function like the Japanese submarine aircraft carriers from WW2, but that would mean giving up space for other vehicles. If they keep the deck coved, like a large dome not only will it look odd but it won’t necessarily feel like the bounty. I’m also wondering what play features they could do, as the bounty’s main one is to convert from ship mode to fly mode, but it won’t sail and it won’t fly if it’s a submarine. Another route they could do is like a crawler build, like a large armoured bug that crawls along the sea floor. I think this would be highly unlikely though, as it won’t be much of a bounty at all. Can’t wait to see pics of it!

Does anyone kind of think we're starting to get too many "Bounty" sets? I'm slightly beginning to think that lego's compromising on the continuity of the show in order to be able to make more sets based on the iconic ship:sceptic:

I dont know what some people expect. Ninjago is one of the more childish themes for a product made mostly for children. All these boxes on shelves worldwide are not getting purchased by AFOL's. Whenever I pick up some Lego in stores I see maybe 1-2 shy AFOL's and 99% children with their annoyed parents.

Im not saying TLG does their research perfect but they believe some stuff sells while other stuff doesnt. And it seems to them "rock raiders", islanders, classic pirates, cowboys or medevil stuff doesnt survive as a theme. They rather fuse everything with Ninjago and use licenced themes to sell different things to different people. Its not perfect but its the world we live in.

Im really happy how easy Ninjago stuff is to modify into clear steampunk, medevil or modern asian settings. almost any outfit and gear can be used without issues for historical settings. Allmost all ships and dragons can be used for this as well (with some modifications).

We get to enjoy much better designs with much more prints and molds for better prices than we got most time with any licenced or classic themes. Just because it still sells for children after 10 years.

Who knows maybe in 5 years Lego will not be able to produce at this scale anymore due to kids prefering easier things like anything comming from a screen or cheap and more practical toys. Who knows.
I, at least want to be thankful for the great stuff we get and maybe for some people complaining here, TLG will see through huge success of one of the waves that a medevil setting, aqua setting or something else could be profitable. 

The problem is simply that they have issues in many regions already with stores not wanting certain lines anymore. They maybe want Creator, City, Friends something with cars and maybe Ninjago or Star Wars. But if they dont take the new theme in then why produce it? The classic toy market is shrinking, thats the (for us) sad truth.

Personally I'm hyped for an underwater wave—I'd conceptualized one years ago, and if it finally gives Nya more of the spotlight as Ninja of Water, all the better. Same goes for the "Hydro Bounty"—every iteration of the Bounty since at least the second one has been pretty amazing, so an underwater version is unlikely to disappoint. I'm curious what the villains will be like. Personally I'm hoping for some cephalopod-themed baddies, but there's a ton of different directions they could go with it.

I would bet that some of the sets will use the new windscreen piece from the Legacy Boulder Blaster, which always struck me as probably having been designed for a larger wave of Ninjago sets.

27 minutes ago, Generic Stud said:

Does anyone kind of think we're starting to get too many "Bounty" sets? I'm slightly beginning to think that lego's compromising on the continuity of the show in order to be able to make more sets based on the iconic ship:sceptic:

You have that completely backwards.

The point of the show is to sell the sets, they are 30 minute commercials. The sets aren't made to fit the TV series, the TV series is to sell sets.

The only bounty I need is the movie one and that's not even in the continuity of the show but damn fine set.

10 hours ago, Lego David said:

I'll tell you what's not to like. At this point, LEGO just keeps dumping all their ideas for potential new themes into Ninjago instead of taking a small risk and creating new themes with those ideas. Remember all those amazing one-off LEGO themes from the late 2000's and early 2010's? Now they can't happen anymore, because they need to be part of Ninjago. Have you ever wandered why we get so few new original themes nowdays? It's all because of Ninjago. 

And let's be real here, while some of those ideas work for Ninjago, most of them are completely parallel to it. Just continuing to release the same boring Ninja vehicles over and over again except with slightly different design twists in order to fir the setting has gotten incredibly stale in my opinion. Air Bounty, Water Bounty, Land Bounty, Hydro Bounty? How many more variants of the exact same vehicle do we really need? This whole situation has started to get kind of similar to what LEGO Star Wars does, which is just remaking the same sets over and over again (granted, with Ninjago it's not as bad as it is with Star Wars, but you get my point). 

I really hope the new LEGO World Builder platform brings a much needed change to LEGO, and will allow us to get more original LEGO themes independent from Ninjago. 

This is all sadly true. I also think Ninjago has long overstayed it’s welcome and probably should have been retired after TLNM. It’s gain has seen the loss of those individual themes not just because they’ve been shoehorned into the perennial Ninjago series but also because the design resource has been retasked towards the cash cow. I’ve long lost hope of seeing a reboot of A&A themes like Ultra Agents, Atlantis or Pharaoh’s Quest. It’s bad enough that the in-house space/alien themes have been lost forever thanks to Star Wars, but as you’ve said, it’s the way of the Lego world these days.

13 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

This is all sadly true. I also think Ninjago has long overstayed it’s welcome and probably should have been retired after TLNM. It’s gain has seen the loss of those individual themes not just because they’ve been shoehorned into the perennial Ninjago series but also because the design resource has been retasked towards the cash cow. I’ve long lost hope of seeing a reboot of A&A themes like Ultra Agents, Atlantis or Pharaoh’s Quest. It’s bad enough that the in-house space/alien themes have been lost forever thanks to Star Wars, but as you’ve said, it’s the way of the Lego world these days.

Especially considering Ninjago technically already ended with March of the Oni. Everything starting with Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu was a reboot of sorts. 

There were signs of Ninjago going in this direction in 5 and 6, but yeah, Ninjago's definitely been going in more of a "theme-of-the-week" direction since after SotFs. If they have a theme that's already successful, why risk money on an unproven new theme when they can just use that idea to keep the old theme going? An apocalyptic theme, an old west theme, a Steampunk theme, a space theme? That's four potential Ninjago waves.

Speaking of which, why don't they do two waves instead of only half a year? Like, Prime Empire is 2020 and Master of the Mountain is 2021 instead of being in the winter and summer of 2020 respectively. 

Just got the Tournament of Elements today! I really like some of the smaller details like the Anacondrai book with the summoning spell and the jade blade in the vase. Having a couple of elemental masters certainly doesn't hurt either. 

I’m still waiting for the gardens press release. TLG know we have seen the set, why don’t they just reveal it now? What’s the general amount of time between when a D2C set has been revealed and when it actually releases? I’m hoping they don’t pull a diagon ally on us. I really wanna see the back of the gardens!

Yeah, I'm waiting for them to officially reveal it themselves so they can highlight it.

I wanna see it from the other sides.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Especially considering Ninjago technically already ended with March of the Oni. Everything starting with Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu was a reboot of sorts. 

Eh... not really? It was a refresh of the TV series (something that happens all the time with other kids' series), but it maintained the same continuity.

Can't help but get a little tired of the griping about Ninjago supposedly eating up space for other action adventure themes, especially since when others like Legends of Chima, Nexo Knights, Hidden Side or Monkie Kid come around, people complain about those too. If anything I'd argue that the action/adventure themes we've gotten since Ninjago has been around have often tended to be more wholly original than those older ones that mostly functioned as reimaginings of older themes (often well-designed ones, but nonetheless retreading old ground). And heck, I remember those getting complaints for not being ENOUGH like the themes they were homaging (why doesn't Pharaoh's Quest have Johnny Thunder? Why isn't Power Miners dark and gloomy like Rock Raiders?). By remixing those kinds of themes under the Ninjago umbrella, at least the fanbase of that theme (bigger than any of those other themes can lay claim to) can continue to be satisfied with new content, while Lego's other original themes can explore new ideas and new audiences.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Eh... not really? It was a refresh of the TV series (something that happens all the time with other kids' series), but it maintained the same continuity.

Can't help but get a little tired of the griping about Ninjago supposedly eating up space for other action adventure themes, especially since when others like Legends of Chima, Nexo Knights, Hidden Side or Monkie Kid come around, people complain about those too.

I agree. We aren't getting a Space theme because of Star Wars and they don't sell well. Without NinjaGo we would get less themes. We didn't even get a 30th anniversary Pirate wave. But I'm sure that's because NinjaGo did sky pirates 5+ years ago. :hmpf:

Lego wants themes connected to TV shows and to last at least 3 years. You can't make a TV show for every one off theme.