18 minutes ago, MagicalMuffinDruide said:

Most likely Nya but that’s not really on point for this particular thread 

This has me wondering and thinking about (once again) how hard it would be to make a full on Ninjago city, like add more stuff to it. I’m really pretty bad with making my own stuff so I was wondering if anyone else had the same though as me that maybe the Chinese New Year sets could fit in well with the city? If you do just a little custom work to layer them and make them a bit taller to match the buildings. I’m not sure what other sets would go well with the Ninjago city ones, but now I want to make a full city more than ever...

Monkey kids city sections would probably work.

1 hour ago, just_one said:

Really like Gardens but since i only own ninjago city and both are corner buildings im really worried on how it will Look next to ninjago city. Am i the only one??

Nope. I passed on Docks and am now wondering what both corner plots will look like connected to each other. 

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I believe it is this part, which already exists in dark blue, silver, and light aqua. Silver might be your best choice. 
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=22390&idColor=95#T=C&C=95

Personally though I really like the tower. It stands out nicely. I hope the interior is some kind of radio station. 

Thank you! This is what I love about the EB community.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Could very well be the blurriness of the picture but that looks like a 6 to me :shrug_oh_well: Although you must be right as the 16th is on a saturday next year :tongue:

FWIW I think it looks like Jan 14 release date. Either way, not too long to wait.

Just now, RichardGoring said:

FWIW I think it looks like Jan 14 release date. Either way, not too long to wait.

Yeah for VIPS, it’s Jan 14, and for everyone else it’s Feb 1 

27 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Nope. I passed on Docks and am now wondering what both corner plots will look like connected to each other.

I only have NC and definitely think that the two will look great together. Is certainly how I intend to put them together. The significantly lower height of the docks feels like it might break up the height of the other two too much. But that might just be me justifying not spending $500 on the docks!

Edited by RichardGoring

Having seen the Gardens on Brickset, I can say it looks incredible and a worthy follow-up to 70620.   One major problem 70657 has compared to most D2Cs is that it doesn't really look good on its own as a Lego set: you need to have 70620 to make it work.   71741 has the original vibrancy of 70620 rather than the more subdued color scheme of 70657.    It also solves a second problem of 70657: it has a clear front side for display, whereas 70657 was kind of unclear as to which way it was supposed to be displayed.   The verticality of the dark turquoise tower gives the Gardens tremendous presence.

Best set of 2021, likely the best set of the decade thus far

Edited by CopperTablet

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

I only have NC and definitely think that the two will look great together. Is certainly how I intend to put them together. The significantly lower height of the docks feels like it might break up the height of the other two too much. But that might just be me justifying not spending $500 on the docks!

I expect to arrange them in more of a row, with the docks in between, partly out of necessity based on the chest of drawers I am displaying the other two on already. I don't think it'll be a problem since the City and Docks already look okay together (it helps that the tallest parts of the Docks are on each end). I am curious how the shorter segment of the new section will flow with those... the catalog describes it as an island, so maybe it could be attached from the water border instead of between the other sections? I'll need more pictures to get a better understanding of it.

On a different note, the possibility of additional sets in the future is another reason why I'm not too fussed about things like all six ninja not getting street clothes. There's plenty of opportunity for such figs to be released in the future, and to be honest I wouldn't have expected the set to go without a single ninja in quote-unquote "ninja gear", so the fact that we're getting such a variety at all (instead of, say, Legacy outfits for all of them, or the set not including all of the ninja in the first place) feels good to me.

It would be nice if Skylor were included, but then again I could probably say the same about all sorts of Ninjago sets (she's such a fun character and along with Pixal is one of my favorites outside the "core cast") For all we know a Legacy version of Skylor could still appear in one of the other cheaper Legacy sets.

Edited by Lyichir

In my opinion, the original Ninjago City is the greatest Lego set of all time. The build is so intricate and full of interesting techniques that you can see for yourself how much love and attention was put into it. It’s filled with so many easter eggs and references that will please Lego and Ninjago fans alike. It’s a great value for all the pieces and minifigures that it comes with. I have never taken it off of display since I got it two and a half years ago, because it’s the crown jewel of my Lego collection.

Maybe I’m being a bit hyperbolic about my love for the original set, but needless to say, I had high expectations for the Gardens when rumors for it started to circulate. I thought the leaked pictures looked good already, but I couldn’t make out too many details at that given time. Now that we have these quality pictures of the build and minifigure selection, I’m pleased to say that this a worthy follow-up to what I consider to be the greatest Lego set of all time! I’m also glad to see people being less disappointed with this model than they were with the blurry preliminaries. 

While this set doesn’t blow me away like the 2017 model did, I’m still impressed with how vibrant and detailed this one looks. The colors just pop so well and all of the trees look great. It certainly beats the singular tree on the original model. It looks like there’s some pretty cool locations on this model: the Ice Planet Ice Cream shop, Master Chen’s Noodle Shop, the museum, the “ninja zone”, and the Ninjago Fan’s Apartment. This set just packs so much into it that it brings me back to taking in the original set for the first time.

Unpopular opinion here, but I think the minifigure selection here is better than the City or Docks. Here you get the full cast of major characters (the ninja and Wu), some key supporting characters (Misako, Ronin, Clutch Powers, The Mechanic), and plenty of generic civilians. While the lack of certain named characters, like Skylor, Pixal, Cyrus Borg or Dr. Julien, is disappointing, and there are some other puzzling figure decisions, I still really like what we got and prefer the amount of named characters we’re getting here to its sister sets. In those we got two or three characters and maybe one or two other show/movie characters, whereas here we’re getting a majority of recognizable characters. 

All in all, I really like this set and am anticipating it more than any other set coming out next year. (So far! :laugh:)

25 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I am curious how the shorter segment of the new section will flow with those... the catalog describes it as an island, so maybe it could be attached from the water border instead of between the other sections? I'll need more pictures to get a better understanding of it.

Looks like there are some slivers of sidewalk on the sides of the pagoda, which would make it awkward to place it on the water side of the Gardens or the City. I'm hoping it doesn't look too out of place, though, since it would be the most logical place to put that 16x32 baseplate, instead of obscured between the larger buildings, where large empty walls would also be visible.

When can we expect an official reveal? Jan 1st? Next week? I imagine very soon.

3 hours ago, Gangikhan448 said:

I think it's time for Lego to officially reveal it already.

You said it brother, ?

Ok we aren't brothers but yep LEGO usually reveals their 2021 stuff when leaked by people like 3 or 4 weeks but I could be wrong 

:sceptic:

Unfortunately, due to the price of this Ninjago city Gardens, I won't be able to get this ?

Edited by FrostyPlayZa

Very excited about the Gardens! Hoping the colours look good next to the other two expansions, bit difficult to judge for now. Also looking forward to seeing some other angles, including more details of the 16x32 baseplate section with the pagoda. When displaying the three sets together as intended, I imagine they would be ordered Gardens, Docks, City from left to right, and the pagoda would be located at the far left, or am I seeing it wrong?

13 hours ago, DarkLordSauron said:

Is it just me or does this feel smaller than City? Like, it's about 1000 pieces more, but City feels more... bulky? Like there's more there? idk maybe better pictures or the back will explain it

I’ve been taking a bit of a break from eurobricks, and I still will be but after seeing this, I have to say, this set is incredible. The mini figs are a bit underwhelming, but as with what dark lord sauron said, it feels too open. It’s meant to have 1000 pieces more, yet it looks like they just took the parts from the centre of the build, built a pagoda and attached it to the side. Ninjago city was very clustered, but with clear lines which buildings were what. This one doesn’t, and with the various heights of the bottom walkway, this just feels like a bit of a mess. Still buying it day 1, but I’m gonna have to see the back of it and some better images. Credit to the designer though for using the red rollercoaster on the street level like a gate, could signal that there is a walk way behind me the city, and if you look at the pics, the front walkway on the street level appears to go on top of the pagoda, and wrap around the side of it. There also seems to be a balcony on that side as well, so whilst you should be able to remover the pagoda, I don’t think your gonna be able to display this with ninjago city without it. That does leave the walkway on 70620 leading to nothing though. The minifig selection could of been better, casual harumi and Dr Julian should of been here. I like it, but it’s not the greatest set ever. Will need to see more pics, but for now, the first set was better. 

18 hours ago, FrostyPlayZa said:

Have you guys seen the little sneak peak of the 10th anniversary ninjago video of mini film or something?, I've seen TV reporters talk about the ninja and I think I saw Ultra Violet, but she looked different ?

Can you not share lies and false "leaks" thanks.

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Ok, so I took a look at the new bonsai tree set that was revealed, do you think it’s possible to swap out the leaves of the tree at the base of the city to have the cherry blossom ones? Just a thought

After reading bricksets review of the bonsai tree and seeing just how many cherry blossom leaves there are, I think there’s definitely enough to fully swap them out. However, the cherry tree at the top of the gardens has a lot more presence than I originally thought, and I think that the greenery of the gardens contrasts very nicely with it. In addition, there’s also green roots coming out of the base of the main tree, and I’m not sure how that would look if the main leaves were replaced with pink. I’m willing to give the set the benefit of the doubt and see how it is first.

I have been thinking a little about mods for this set. The most obvious thing that comes to mind to do would be to restore the (sadly, recently retired) Trans. Neon Orange for the lanterns and some of the details in the "Ice Planet" Ice Cream Shop. However, I'm not necessarily 100% decided on that... having the set in hand I might end up liking some of that color variety.

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

If the Gardens are in a January catalogue, should we expect the official reveal at 9:00ET today?

Where is his info from? Also is this time meaning 9 in the morning or in the evening? Looks like morning but it’s past that time... just wondering if we can locate the source and clarify if it’s true or not. Or we can just wait and see. Either way, do you think Lego’s just gonna put it up on their website or do you think it’s gonna have a press release?

22 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Where is his info from? Also is this time meaning 9 in the morning or in the evening? Looks like morning but it’s past that time... just wondering if we can locate the source and clarify if it’s true or not. Or we can just wait and see. Either way, do you think Lego’s just gonna put it up on their website or do you think it’s gonna have a press release?

There's absolutely going to be a press release. That said, I'm not sure why it'd necessarily be expected today... it seems to me that it'd make more sense to be revealed "officially" on Thursday (New Year's Eve) or Friday (New Year's Day).

9 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

There's absolutely going to be a press release. That said, I'm not sure why it'd necessarily be expected today... it seems to me that it'd make more sense to be revealed "officially" on Thursday (New Year's Eve) or Friday (New Year's Day).

My thoughts exactly. I’m also interested in where this new info is coming from, but I’m hopeful. Doesn’t Lego usually reveal stuff on Fridays?or am I just a bit dazed by the whole ‘gardens set leaked early’ drama. Either way, most of us on this forum still have to wait till the 14th. Any ideas if members of LAN will get this set early for a review?

They officially announced the botanical collection today, and those release Friday. I don't think we have any reason to expect more on this until much closer to the 14th.

Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

My thoughts exactly. I’m also interested in where this new info is coming from, but I’m hopeful. Doesn’t Lego usually reveal stuff on Fridays?or am I just a bit dazed by the whole ‘gardens set leaked early’ drama. Either way, most of us on this forum still have to wait till the 14th. Any ideas if members of LAN will get this set early for a review?

There is no specific day on which LEGO usually reveals sets, that's all over the place. And yes, members of LAN will most likely get this set early to review. 

21 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's incorrect. Not counting any of the polybags or gimmick sets (arcade pods etc.) there were 14 sets for Prime Empire and MotM while Legacy got a total of 7 sets, 8 if you count the accessory pack. 

Yes, but Legacy still made up a third of the sets in 2020. In January 2021 there are 4 Legacy Battle sets, 6 Legacy sets and only 4 new season Island sets.

How much do exclusive minifigures for big D2C sets usually go for? Honestly don’t have that much use for Golden Wu, as I’m not a typical Ninjago fan and honestly prefer just normal civilian minifigures to fill out the city. May be a way to help cover cost for the set lol