Wow I won’t lie a bit of my hype died down with the initial leak, but now I’m back to super excited! And it’s so close from release that I’m sure we’re going to get some official announcements soon :)

2 minutes ago, DarkLordSauron said:

Is it just me or does this feel smaller than City? Like, it's about 1000 pieces more, but City feels more... bulky? Like there's more there? idk maybe better pictures or the back will explain it

This is on 48x32 footprint. Many pieces are consumed by watter tiles... And we havent seen the back of the model yet.

2 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

This is on 48x32 footprint. Many pieces are consumed by watter tiles... And we havent seen the back of the model yet.

You can already see that the buildings aren't very deep so there won't be much more in the back of the model

Looks like the set is 73cm tall. Even if a big chunk of that number is taken by the teal tower and its antenna, it'll still be a puzzle to fit this thing on a bookcase or a shelf without decapitating it.

Speaking of which, how are you all planning on displaying this set, for those who also own the Docks and the City? It's best to display corner buildings so they can be seen at a 45-degree angle, but if the City and the Gardens are placed back to back, then one of the facades won't be seen very well. Perhaps facing each other?

1 hour ago, Gangikhan448 said:

Minifigure selection is weak.

They went overboard with the random people. Should of been characters that we know like Skylor and Pixal. Also reused Legacy 1 Kai and Zane.

yikes

Definitely a weak selection. Lots of apparent cost savings, even on the only true exclusive show character - the mechanic. 

No Cyrus Borg in now 3 city sets is baffling. I can only hope there are other plans for his human debut.

This was also a missed opportunity to get us Gayle Gossip and Vinny. Characters that recur over multiple seasons should get figures, even if they aren't "marketable to kids." Adults buy these with a collector's mentality, too.

That said, the build looks great and cannot wait to connect it to the other City sets. I suspect the first run of these will sellout quickly in this pandemic stay-at-home society...

Anyone able to use our better image to photoshop it on the right of Ninjago City/Docks? I’m most excited to see how it’s going to connect

love the model, not a fan of the overabundant lack of leg prints which i'm sure have something to do with lego cutting costs down but are still very jarring considering at least half the figs in both the city and gardens had decent leg prints and the ones that didn't managed to make it work out. tbh my major gripe with the two ninja are that legacy kai and zane aren't "zx-ised": it would've been great if lego had taken the legacy 1 designs and created new torso prints with unique shoulderpads (praetorian guard for cole if it fits, skulkin for kai, sotfs for jay) for a "zx" version of the ninja, a la hero wu and bounty nya, and used them in the bounty this year and gardens next. as it is the "zx" ninja are fine but this is more a personal gripe than anything. 

also decently curious as to how this will mesh with the other two given that it's on a lower sidewalk, but otherwise it captures a lot of important (and somewhat less important) locales in ninjago very well; will have to consider backordering the first two.

Do you think this is going to make the first two City sets skyrocket in value? I can’t imagine that this won’t lure people into wanting the full series.

Ok so my thoughts...

Thankfully the build looks a LOT better with the detail and perspective this time round. But the colour scheme still grates, especially that ugly teal tower. Are those Vs a new piece (can’t recall seeing it before)? Hopefully it be possible to swap out for something less jarring.

The rear view isn’t going to be any great reveal, it’s always the boring side.

Minifigs are a bit meh (I’m still annoyed we never got more of the burnt Shark Army or the Narwhal guy from TLNM) but there’s a lot of them and a few I like at least.

Overall, doesn’t quite have the vibe and wow factor of NC but it’s a big improvement on the lacklustre Docks.

12 minutes ago, Modal said:

Do you think this is going to make the first two City sets skyrocket in value? I can’t imagine that this won’t lure people into wanting the full series.

They’re already doubled in value, depends what you mean by skyrocket? Think a lot will depend how they fit and look together as not seen any box art yet.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

They're from Nexo Knights

Thanks, of course... just couldn’t put my finger on it! Not sure trans neon orange is going to help my colour swap out plans though :laugh:

Edited by Lucarex

Now that I've seen the official pictures... what an amazing set!

Edited by JintaiZ

3 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Thankfully the build looks a LOT better with the detail and perspective this time round. But the colour scheme still grates, especially that ugly teal tower. Are those Vs a new piece (can’t recall seeing it before)? Hopefully it be possible to swap out for something less jarring.

I believe it is this part, which already exists in dark blue, silver, and light aqua. Silver might be your best choice. 
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=22390&idColor=95#T=C&C=95

Personally though I really like the tower. It stands out nicely. I hope the interior is some kind of radio station. 

36 minutes ago, Modal said:

Anyone able to use our better image to photoshop it on the right of Ninjago City/Docks? I’m most excited to see how it’s going to connect

Photoshop-wise the angle we currently have of the Gardens is horrible so unless someone here is incredible at PS that's not gonna work out :sceptic: I know my way around it but my skillset isn't enough to do that.

Edited by Guyon2002

2 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

14th...which is awesome as it marks 10 years of the shows release. 

Leaker is Canadian. US Prices is $299.99

Since Canadian prices are usually cheaper than US prices, I wouldn't be surprised if the US price would be $330 or something like that...

4 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Since Canadian prices are usually cheaper than US prices, I wouldn't be surprised if the US price would be $330 or something like that...

Ashnflash mention $350 US in his video, anyone know where he could have found that?

I think the colors look way better here than in the initial, especially because they look less “neon” and more dark yellow, dark green, etc. 

It says Zen garden in that top purple area, really curious how that looks.

Edited by Modal

Really like Gardens but since i only own ninjago city and both are corner buildings im really worried on how it will Look next to ninjago city. Am i the only one??

1 minute ago, just_one said:

Really like Gardens but since i only own ninjago city and both are corner buildings im really worried on how it will Look next to ninjago city. Am i the only one??

Of course, it'd be better if you had both City and Docks. However, I believe it'll still look good next to only Ninjago City.

I was already sold with the blurry leak; this just seals the deal. The detail and presence really capture the spirit of the original (maybe too much so), and also exceeds it in many ways. I don't know where to begin, so I'll just mention what sticks out to me most.

• The teal tower with "secret ninja room," the colors and geometry are just amazing. Seriously love the teal and tr. pink combo so so much. Also love hidden rooms, so this is great.
  • The trees. So much detail, similar to the 18+ Bonzai. Love the bench especially. And the spring green is a great, great choice.
  • The signage. Made from little bits like crowns and swords and such. Love to see that. And the giant Koi fish. Yes.
  • The roof techniques. Glad to see such a variety of them.
  • The "rooftop zen garden," small build, big presence. Completes the scene and looks rather cozy. Lavender works wonders.
  • The pagoda; can't see much of it, but it's a nice addition that feels at home with the Garden styling. Appreciate that it adds a more traditional structure to the set.
  • Ice Planet Ice Cream. I always love classic LEGO references. Though this feels kinda wrong with the absence of tr. neon orange.

I think this image makes it seem more similar to Ninjago City’s shape than it really will be. I think it may resemble more two towers with a garden on the side than a Ninjago City-shaped cube

9 minutes ago, Modal said:

I think this image makes it seem more similar to Ninjago City’s shape than it really will be. I think it may resemble more two towers with a garden on the side than a Ninjago City-shaped cube

I agree. The angle of the preliminary image made it look very different from the original Ninjago City set, so I think it's the angle of this catalog image that makes it look similar to the city.

Edited by Cocoa

5 hours ago, Legofania said:

It's fake

Maybe you stop lying? You know it's not really cool. There is no sneak peek just as no golden ninjas. It's too early

Well golden legacy Zane and Nya do actually use the Nya hair and FS ninja hood (respectively), though I'm hoping Nya also has a golden facemask. 

You can see their silhouettes on the back of the legacy boxes, which is how we know. (picture in spoiler)

Spoiler

71736_alt8.jpg

As for Ninjago city 3 (since that's basically what it is)... wow, it certainly looks to be on par with the other 2, which with how impressive those were is a tough feat. I'm not disappointed with the minifigure selection, though I will admit that including the museum without 'Doctor Sanders; or the Noodle house without Skylor isn't superb. That said civilians with references to lego's history are about what was expected and the easter eggs are fun. 

Since they've decided that ninjago city can be an ongoing series without needing the movie, I think we'll have plenty of opportunities to get more obscure show characters,

15 minutes ago, Fire_ninja17 said:

Who will be the focus ninja of s15?

Most likely Nya but that’s not really on point for this particular thread 

This has me wondering and thinking about (once again) how hard it would be to make a full on Ninjago city, like add more stuff to it. I’m really pretty bad with making my own stuff so I was wondering if anyone else had the same though as me that maybe the Chinese New Year sets could fit in well with the city? If you do just a little custom work to layer them and make them a bit taller to match the buildings. I’m not sure what other sets would go well with the Ninjago city ones, but now I want to make a full city more than ever...

Edited by MagicalMuffinDruide

41 minutes ago, just_one said:

I intend to have Ninjago city sandwiched between the city docks and the new gardens ( in a L shape) so it's probably fine if you don't have the city docks :) 

Edited by mapimi