Was hoping they'd include some missing wanted characters as a 10 year anniversary special thing. Can't see any purple hair for Chamille, but there is a white haired figure that potentially looks like the same hairpiece as casual Harumi (fingers-crossed).

I built the Overlord Dragon, he's a good size dragon and the colors don't look to bad.

Just got back from shopping, and, oh. My. God. It's beautiful. A small blurry image, but still amazing. It looks incredible, with 20 mini-figs. The trees at the front looks amazing, but I'm not a fan of that flame yellow building in the middle up top. its sooo good looking, and I love the pagoda temple on the side. Is that a water fall in-front of it? My favourite part however is the brown and purple building at the top next to the small cherry tree. It looks great, and also if you look at the tree in the middle at the very bottom, if you look below the leaves, you can see a small stream separating the 32x32 baseplate diagonally.  This set is incredible. I cant wait until we get official pics, and I desperately want to see the side of it, and the back. I have to say though, I am slightly disappointed, but to be honest, I did over hype this set way to much. It still looks incredible, and is a day 1 must buy. Is there any chance this could be released a little early to VIP members, perhaps on the anniversary? 

11 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Is there any chance this could be released a little early to VIP members, perhaps on the anniversary? 

I don't recall them doing many VIP releases this year so I wouldn't count on it, especially with the whole virus situation

The teaser background image from the brochure certainly had me thinking that it would be more of a jungle vibe, with towers rising out of it, that were older. And although it would have been great for the whole thing to be 'hanging gardens of Babylon' style, I think this ties in with Ninjago City very well. A different style wouldn't have complemented the city set particularly. I wonder if the temple on the side will be detachable on a 16x32 baseplate and could be put on the right instead of the left. Given the colours and style, I'd likely want to attach this to Ninjago City on the comics/cherry blossom tree side, and having that connect directly to the tall towers and new city walkway would be good, rather than the old city template causing a gap. If not, it will hopefully be fun doing a rejigging of it and partial mirror building.

1 hour ago, someguy827 said:

I guess I jinxed myself by hoping for a more ancient version of the temple, didn’t I? This looks like something from nexo knights tbh. 

The colours are horrible and neon-y and they don’t seem to go together at all.

I will reserve judgement for when we get better pics, but absolute disgust upon seeing leaks is never a good sign. :(

I've been waiting for leaked images of this set since it was first "rumored" and looking at the leaked images I finally realize why LEGO tries so hard to keep these things under wraps until they official reveal the sets.  I can only imagine what a blurry and watermarked stained Ninajo City would look like and I have to think it would look like a big pile of garbage.  Clashing colors, lack of detail, so many questions (what would the puffer fish look like?).  

The final set is one of the most amazing LEGO creations I've ever seen and I think Ninjago City Gardens (or Gardens of Ninjago City) will turn out much the same.  Ninjago City and Ninjago City Docks are such great sets because of their consistency of theme and attention to detail.  

If you are looking for something more traditional I recommend checking out the Spring Lantern Festival they are releasing for this year's Chinese New Year set.  It isn't nearly as tall as the other Ninjago City sets but would make a great addition to the theme with a little customization.  

Unless there's something at the back that we're not seeing, I feel this will be a similar discussion as the modular bookstore - for a set with "Gardens" in its name, 2 trees doesn't really seem convincing. I do like the other details and especially the tower, it's very cyberpunk-ish.

Also this seems to be a corner city set, not a straight one like the Docks.

Just now, admiral_typhoon said:

Also this seems to be a corner city set, not a straight one like the Docks.

I expected it to be a corner module, as it would round off the series. 1 corner, 1 straight, 1 corner. Because of this, I don't know if we will get any more modulars, but I'm hopeful. 

Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

I expected it to be a corner module, as it would round off the series. 1 corner, 1 straight, 1 corner. Because of this, I don't know if we will get any more modulars, but I'm hopeful. 

If they're making a third model a whopping 4 years after the movie released (which flopped harder than a fish on dry land btw) that's definetely a sign that these sets have been selling well. This could definetely be the last Ninjago City set but I wouldn't be surprised if there's another one down the line. Come to think of it a set like this would be the perfect place to finally do Borg Tower!

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

(which flopped harder than a fish on dry land btw)

That is honestly the best joke ive heard all day, and I dfinetley agree. Whilst the movie was pretty bad, the sets were phenomenal.:snicker:

Edited by a guy from somewhere

I’ll reserve judgement until we get a better quality picture, but my first impression is that the colors are too much for me. I would prefer something a little more subdued. And would prefer something that looks a little more like an ancient garden 

Certainly wouldn't have called this "Gardens Of Ninjago City"... Somehow I was imagining an elevated park similar to the High Line in New York set between an ancient & modern style building.

I've been thinking the set looked weird since the silhouette, I don't think the official pics will change my mind much. The colors are garish.

The minifigures look like all six ninja, and a bunch of randos. I think I maybe see Ronin? And Skylor? Some characters with blue and green heads?

I think it looks great! I mean, really people, what were you expecting from a Ninjago City expansion? This is almost exactly what I was hoping for - though I really wanted it to be a straight section, not a corner. But it looks like it’ll be easy enough to modify to that end so I can’t complain too much. 
I especially like the big teal tower. That’ll be a great addition to my city’s skyline. 

Honestly, I think they've really nailed the spirit of the original Ninjago City set. Like the original, this set has a huge presence and so much cyberpunk-y, colorful goodness. With that being said, they went extremely far in the futuristic direction, to the point where the set looks sorta busy and a bit too colorful. Keep in mind, this is all from this blurry image alone, and perhaps these colors will mesh better in the final model. But I like how Ninjago City used some more muted colors, like grey and tan, to contrast against the blues, reds, and yellows.

Also, I am not going to talk much about the figures yet. These could be placeholders after all. However, I do see some figures that look like a new casual Jay and Nya. I also see Legacy Kai. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Cocoa

I do think the colors the will look better with better images. With the blurriness it really makes the yellow and purple pop without much on the bottom section.

I was hoping we would get more Cherry Blossom trees, though that should be an easy fix. Maybe I’ll edit this with the latest Chinese New Year garden.

https://imgur.com/shjAVTW

Maybe it was too wishful but I was hoping something more in this style.

Edited by Modal

Just now, Modal said:

I was hoping we would get more Cherry Blossom trees, though that should be an easy fix. Maybe I’ll edit this with the latest Chinese New Year garden.

My thoughts exactly. From the rumors, I was expecting every tree to be a cherry blossom tree. It would only make sense considering the City included one. Unfortunately, I only see one towards the top. Perhaps the set includes some cherry blossom treetops to swap out with the lime ones? Also seems like the lanterns are tr. blue, which is very inconsistent.

1 minute ago, Cocoa said:

My thoughts exactly. From the rumors, I was expecting every tree to be a cherry blossom tree. It would only make sense considering the City included one. Unfortunately, I only see one towards the top. Perhaps the set includes some cherry blossom treetops to swap out with the lime ones? Also seems like the lanterns are tr. blue, which is very inconsistent.

Edit: didn’t read your entire post oops. Yea where are the red lanterns? Those make the Ninjago City set great.

Edited by Modal

4 minutes ago, Modal said:

Edit: didn’t read your entire post oops. Yea where are the red lanterns? Those make the Ninjago City set great.

Maybe they're a placeholder? Although, tr. neon orange, the color of the original laterns, is supposed to be discontinued following 2021, according to this DOTS designer video (0:34).

The minifigures are hard to make out but I have a feeling they won’t be anything special. Some new casual ninja variants and gold Wu look to be the most promising. A few people have mentioned a new Ronin, which would be nice. I’m still hoping for maybe Borg, PIXAL, Antonia, or Dr. Julien. 

I dig it! Although a few changes have made me a bit weary, how does the side with the pagoda connect to the other buildings with the walkway? Also I’m incredibly sad to see trans neon orange go, I hope they do something similar to the lanterns. I also hope we get casual Harumi, I’ve been waiting so long...

25 minutes ago, Cocoa said:

Maybe they're a placeholder? Although, tr. neon orange, the color of the original laterns, is supposed to be discontinued following 2021, according to this DOTS designer video (0:34).

Wait what? But they use that color all the time, why would they get rid of it? 

EDIT: nvm, I was thinking about normal trans orange :tongue:

Edited by Guyon2002

So, the blurry leaked image looks like a bucket of cold sick. Like they let the junior Monkie Kid designer loose after hours, with the result being a horrible pastiche, the sort of thing you’d see from the clone brands. Those geometric teal windows on the tower, I mean seriously?

Will await hi res pics but I’m not holding my breath or looking to clear shelf space as it stands. 

Thankfully, Spring Lantern and Bonsai will keep me happy regardless. 

Edited by Lucarex

It honestly reminds me of a MOC that has no style. Is it in the theme? Yea. But it looks so...bland and boring. I’m glad I’ve kept my other sets unopened just in case. I need it to blow me away to really invest this money

honestly Temple of Airjitzu looks so much better. I just wanted a Ninjago City garden in that style

Edited by Modal