The figures looks decent, but I liked the figures from season 13 much better...

On 12/18/2020 at 8:50 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Honestly not a big fan of the new ninja suits, they look like their foreheads are massive! :look:

The villains on the other hand really stand out, they're not my favorite designs but they're super unique!

I agree with the forehead thing, although I think kai looks the best if we're looking at headband size. I love the new tactical design, and im a massive fan of making custom figures, and these look great for that. Kinda wish kai had a couple more pouches and more detail, but jay looks the best. I still prefer the dragon master suits from those flyer sets back in 2018, they look amazing. Unfortunately they're kinda hard to get now. As for the villains, they kinda remind me of beavers, probably because of the teeth. They do look interesting though. Cant wait to see official pics ( I mean the box art and out of box pics).

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I agree with the forehead thing, although I think kai looks the best if we're looking at headband size. I love the new tactical design, and im a massive fan of making custom figures, and these look great for that. Kinda wish kai had a couple more pouches and more detail, but jay looks the best. I still prefer the dragon master suits from those flyer sets back in 2018, they look amazing. Unfortunately they're kinda hard to get now. As for the villains, they kinda remind me of beavers, probably because of the teeth. They do look interesting though. Cant wait to see official pics ( I mean the box art and out of box pics).

The villains have tusks more like a boar.  A beaver has the front two teeth long.  They remind me of orc's from certain fantasy games like WOW just not as exaggerated.  That head gear is amazing looking for the chief.  

Just picked up the Ninjago City Docks to go with the Gardens!!??? I’m actually in the minority as I like the docks wayyyy more than the city for some reason. Figured I should get it now because the price is gonna skyrocket in February.. 

Was also wondering if the small baseplate with the pagoda in the gardens is to connect with the docks, or if the towers of the gardens are to connect with the city.  Hopefully it’ll connect with the docks and make a really long stretch of buildings. My excitement for the gardens is now at a new high!

I’m also a little worried/curious as to how narrow the towers are going to be. Promobricks keeps mentioning that they will be super thin, and I’m hoping that they don’t end up looking like twigs. Promobricks also discusses how each floor will be differently coloured, so I’m imaging/hoping it might be like a way taller version of the small buildings in the docks, which are around 8x10 studs, and those look perfect. Thoughts?

The new Spring Lantern Festival set looks like it will be easy to integrate into a Ninjago City display with a couple of modifications.  It is even set back a few studs to make matching the edge style easy. All you need to add is a few trans color elements and it will fit right in.  

On 12/20/2020 at 5:58 PM, someguy827 said:

Just picked up the Ninjago City Docks to go with the Gardens!!??? I’m actually in the minority as I like the docks wayyyy more than the city for some reason. Figured I should get it now because the price is gonna skyrocket in February.. 

Was also wondering if the small baseplate with the pagoda in the gardens is to connect with the docks, or if the towers of the gardens are to connect with the city.  Hopefully it’ll connect with the docks and make a really long stretch of buildings. My excitement for the gardens is now at a new high!

I’m also a little worried/curious as to how narrow the towers are going to be. Promobricks keeps mentioning that they will be super thin, and I’m hoping that they don’t end up looking like twigs. Promobricks also discusses how each floor will be differently coloured, so I’m imaging/hoping it might be like a way taller version of the small buildings in the docks, which are around 8x10 studs, and those look perfect. Thoughts?

I like the original a bit more, and I think most people agree that the reason the city is more appealing is because of its height. The modulars are split into 3 sections, the old city, the street level and the hi-rise. The old city is the more browns and greys, the street level is more tropical and colourful, and the hi-rise is kinda in between. The problem with the docks is that it opts for width, not height. This means that it mostly focuses on the old city, which is as mentioned, drab grey and browns. There isn't much height to it, which means that it it just doesn't have the colour that ninjago city has. I love both sets and I honestly believe that the docks are great, but only on its own. As soon as you start comparing it to ninjago city and putting it next to it, it just seems to lack. As Jangbricks describes it in his review, Ninjago City Docks just doesn't have the visual weight that the original set has. I think the docks is an amazing set, but only displayed on its own. When you connect it to ninjago city, the difference in height is just crazy, and I've seen people try to mod the docks, to give the 2 towers on the sides more height, but it dosent work. the image below (credit to the brothers brick) shows just how bad the height difference is, and with the gardens apparently being taller than the 2017 set, im kinda scared for how the docks s gonna look when all 3 are lined up. I feel like it will just be forgotten, and we need to bring it back up to level (literally) with ninjago city.70657-Ninjago-City-Docks-42-1024x685.jpg

Edited by a guy from somewhere

I agree with both points of view. I love the vertical, diorama style of the Docks and how much detail and display space is allowed by this format. Also love the old-world architecture, reminiscent of somewhere like Kyoto. However, many problems arise with this design when displayed with the city. First off, the side displayed on the box, AKA the most-detailed and interesting side, cannot be seen from the front, taking away from its presence. Second, while I enjoy the prominence of the Kyoto style, many of the tropical, cyberpunk details from the City don't return here. Because of this, the styles and colors start to clash. The point of connection looks especially messy with all the different details. Finally, the height difference is jarring. My first impressions of the Docks was negative simply due to the height choice.

All that being said, displaying the Docks from the other side of the City changed that impression. Two of the major problems are fixed here; style clash and height. The colors and details are less varied and more muted, which fits the style of the docks. In fact, the details that are present, like the squid and pufferfish, make sense in transitioning to a dockyard. And with this side being shorter, the height difference isn't huge.

Ninjago City to Ninjago City Docks connection : lego

I am eager to see what the Gardens look like, but I am aware of the fear that many have; lack of compatibility. Whether that be a literal lack of compatibility or just a clashing of styles, we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully, it's neither. I am not too fearful; it's a Legacy set, meaning it will most likely be a successor and therefore compatible with the City and Docks. And I don't think the height difference will be too bad if the Gardens is only slightly taller than the City. If the rumors are true, I'm thinking it will look good next to Lloyd's apartment. Cherry blossom trees galore.

Edited by Cocoa

Just now, Gangikhan448 said:

Really want to see Cole's island suit.

Lego did a tribute post to Kirby Morrow and It showed his front torso print in that picture, but in black and white. Combine this with the blurry pic from the catalog, and you can get a good picture or it. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere
Forgot a 't' ;)

Though it's getting a bit off topic, I personally like the way the City and Docks look together. The difference in height to me feels natural and is well-transitioned from either end. My preference for placement is to have the docks to the right of the city, both because of the transition looking nicer to me and because the signage on the rear of the docks points correctly to the fish market in that arrangement.

I'm curious how the gardens will fit into that considering that the silhouette we've seen (assuming that it is a correct interpretation of the form) has one very tall module and one that seems to barely have any height at all. When it comes out I may have to find a new spot for the Temple of Airjitzu since I currently have it displayed on my chest of drawers in my room with both city segments but there may no longer be room for it with another section of the city added.

I totally agree that the docks doesn’t look very good when connected to the city. From a display perspective, its very strange to me how you can’t display the best parts of both sets when they are connected. 

My main problem with the city is that I’m not a fan of the steampunk-y stuff. think that the glass storefront looks very strange when contrasted with the lower levels of the city. I understand how it’s supposed to be like the new and old parts of the city, however sets like the Temple of Airjitzu, the Docks, and even the fire temple from 2011 are all sets that would fit splendidly into an ancient Japanese diorama. In my opinion, the city would stand out because of how modernized it is. I understand that obviously this is not what everyone wants, but for my purposes, the city just doesn’t work for me.

In addition, I think the height of the city kinda works against it, and makes it kinda look strange when it’s displayed all by itself, with lots of walkways leading nowhere. It’s similar to how a corner modular looks strange when it’s all by itself. (Hopefully this will be fixed with the gardens, depending on where it connects)

I guess you can tell that a lot of my excitement comes from hoping for a super tall, more ancient looking temple akin to the docks or temple of airjitzu. Is that what we’ll get? Perhaps, and maybe that’s why I’m so nervous and excited. 

So for those of you in the uk, if you take a look on Argos.com, the land bounty is at an incredible £36!? I dont know what they were thinking, but If I hadn't spent all my money on xmas gifts, I would definitely pick up 2...... apparently its like a closing down sale.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9173842?clickSR=slp:term:land:2:19:1 that's the link too it. incredible price.

Since it's brought up, I do like the way City and Docks look together. However, there are way too many similarities in both the style and the color scheme so I wish the Gardens will have a different look. Otherwise, both are incredible sets!

8 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Since it's brought up, I do like the way City and Docks look together. However, there are way too many similarities in both the style and the color scheme so I wish the Gardens will have a different look. Otherwise, both are incredible sets!

The fact they have similarities is what gives the appeal for me. Compared to say modulars which aside from the sidewalk have nothing in common, the fact the city docks continues Ninjago City feels like it's one giant lego set, which I'm hoping I'll be able to expand upon with the City Garden. But I'm a sucker and will buy it regardless so a totally different style could be cool as well. 

Looks nothing like the outline we got from Promobricks imo, not sure wether that's a good or bad thing though. I do love the look of the set but I probably won't be buying it :sceptic:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Looks nothing like the outline we got from Promobricks imo, not sure wether that's a good or bad thing though. I do love the look of the set but I probably won't be buying it :sceptic:

Uhm it does look like the promo bricks outline ?

Trying to figure out the minifigures. Seems to be all 6 ninja on the left - Lloyd, Kai and Zane in Legacy 1 robes and the other 3 in casual. Then a gold figure I'm gonna guess is rumoured golden Wu? But there also seems to be Legacy 1 Jay at the far right, and what could potentially be Zane as 7th from the right. Think we could be getting 2 of each Ninja? A legacy one and a casual wear?

2 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Trying to figure out the minifigures. Seems to be all 6 ninja on the left - Lloyd, Kai and Zane in Legacy 1 robes and the other 3 in casual. Then a gold figure I'm gonna guess is rumoured golden Wu? But there also seems to be Legacy 1 Jay at the far right, and what could potentially be Zane as 7th from the right. Think we could be getting 2 of each Ninja? A legacy one and a casual wear?

If that's true almost half of the sets figures will be ninja variants, if that's the case it would be a waste.

Yeah it looks similar to the promobricks outline but they may of seen it when it wasn't 100% finished. Does seem like a lot of the minifigs are Ninjas which is annoying :(

I guess I jinxed myself by hoping for a more ancient version of the temple, didn’t I? This looks like something from nexo knights tbh. 

The colours are horrible and neon-y and they don’t seem to go together at all.

I will reserve judgement for when we get better pics, but absolute disgust upon seeing leaks is never a good sign. :(

A good set, but not one that looks like 5,685 pieces... :sceptic:

What I expected though was a remake of Airjitzu.

Edited by JintaiZ

I like the Gardens, its built just like Ninjago City, it has old city at the bottom and modern city at the top, then it also has the walkway NC has.

Edited by Dr.Cogg