Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

quite yet...... did they say that or did you? if so, this could confirm its existence. they could just say that they cant share anything right now......

Yes, customer service said that.

I'm right there with you guys for the hype. I refresh this site every morning, always with a small piece of hope that someone leaked the set. We're at the point where it could be any day!

if they say that they cant share anything rn, then they obviously know about it, but are probably under orders not to talk about it. but they could of just slipped up......

Just now, Modal said:

I'm right there with you guys for the hype. I refresh this site every morning, always with a small piece of hope that someone leaked the set. We're at the point where it could be any day!

your doing it every morning, im doing it every half hour..... I feel like I might be going slightly insane with the dedication to this set. we could just declare it a god by now.........

ok, so my conversation with promo bricks goes like this (this is in the comments of 1 of there videos):

Hey promobricks the Chinese New Year gardens set bears quite a similar resemblance to the smaller baseplate part of the ninjago city gardens. Can you confirm now that the ninjago city gardens set is real and is coming out on the 1st of January? I’ve seen a lot of people compare how the gardens set looks a lot like how the arrival about ninjago city gardens on your website is described, with lots of greenery, a small pagoda with curved roofs and a bridge. Please tell me this isn’t true, and we are actually getting the gardens set!?!?

they reply with:

Who compares those sets? You can tell them that those are 2 different sets. ?

I then question: 

Does this mean that we are getting the gardens as a Lego set in 2021? Please confirm

they reply:

Yes the Chinese New Year Gardens and the Ninjago City Gardens are two totally different sets. I don’t know why anyone would think they are the same? ?

I reply (joyfully):

@Promobricks your description for the pagoda part kinda matched the look of the Chinese new year set, with a small temple structure with close colours, a bridge and lots of greenery. thanks for the info guys!

4 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

if they say that they cant share anything rn, then they obviously know about it, but are probably under orders not to talk about it. but they could of just slipped up......

your doing it every morning, im doing it every half hour..... I feel like I might be going slightly insane with the dedication to this set. we could just declare it a god by now.........

I found the easiest way to combat this is to get hyped about a bunch of different things! Last month it was my PS5. Yesterday was the game awards and I was hyped for Elden Ring and Zelda, though neither were shown. Now I'm excited for Gardens/Medieval Blacksmith/etc. It's made the wait much more bearable.

Edited by Modal

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Can confirm that the 3 new sets here are fake 

Thanks Guyon, was doubtful when I saw it myself but not well informed so just put it out there anyway.

Don’t understand the mentality behind fake leaks, childish and pathetic attention-seeking I guess.

5 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Bruh I literally had to set a limit for eurobricks on my phone cuz I was spending too much time on it ? maybe you should do the same to avoid going crazy my man

Also if customer service is officially confirming this set, wouldn’t it be odd if it came out in April or whatever? Hopefully this is evidence for a relatively short wait until the reveal..

Just now, someguy827 said:

Bruh I literally had to set a limit for eurobricks on my phone cuz I was spending too much time on it ? maybe you should do the same to avoid going crazy my man

Also if customer service is officially confirming this set, wouldn’t it be odd if it came out in April or whatever? Hopefully this is evidence for a relatively short wait until the reveal..

No worries. If it exists, the it'll be released no later than March. :sweet:

4 minutes ago, Modal said:

I found the easiest way to combat this is to get hyped about a bunch of different things! Last month it was my PS5. Yesterday was the game awards and I was hyped for Elden Ring and Zelda, though neither were shown. Now I'm excited for Gardens/Medieval Blacksmith/etc. It's made the wait much more bearable.

I’ve done this strategy with stuff that won’t be out in a while, like the unfortunately delayed 2022 Batman movie ?. Kinda helps and puts the wait in perspective as not being that long.. also congrats on actually getting your hands on a ps5?

ive been thinking about the ninjago set prices for the UK, and IMO lego has been kinda scummy. this price increase on The LEGO sets are getting..... interesting. im talking about sets that generally in the £25 range. the Mando set I can kinda justify, as its a Star Wars licensed set, but I wasn't too happy to see the same price increase on the ninjago sets. mainly, the ToE set. now, at face value, £28 for 7 minifigs, 4 of which are exclusive and a good build seems great, but if you compare it to other prices from around the world, that's where it goes downhill. im aware that the currency rates change all the time, but at the moment of writing this, this set in the UK costs £28. in the US, it costs $30.  chuck this into the google currency converter and it says that we should be getting £22.69. this is not ok. I can let it slide with the ToE set, as it comes with some great and exclusive figs, and the Mando set as it comes with grogu, but the overlord dragon? nope. £28 for 2 minifigs, a (IMO) crappy dragon build and nothing else, it just feels like a rip-off. lego knows fans have wanted an overlord dragon for years, and they give us overpriced crap. some people like it, and that's fine, and some people like it just because its the overlord dragon and weve wanted it for years. but lego needs to step up their game. luckily, the other legacy sets can make up for this, the titan mech especially, and the gardens, but this just feels like legos going for the cash grab just because its the 10th anniversary. all these sets look like they should be in the £25 range, and yet there now £28. my brain just rounds that up to £30, bc its weird, and also a £3 increase is fine if you plan on getting one set, but for an avid ninjago collector, it can add up. this all wouldn't be so bad if the prices did change with the other country's, like the US. it just dosent feel right. hopefully lego will go back to the old £25 price. also it sets my OCD off with the fact that all of the sets are rounded so nicely to 5s and 10s, and then we have those 2 sets coming in and ruining it. so, to the UK ninjago fans, thoughts and opinions?

20 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

ive been thinking about the ninjago set prices for the UK, and IMO lego has been kinda scummy. this price increase on The LEGO sets are getting..... interesting. im talking about sets that generally in the £25 range. the Mando set I can kinda justify, as its a Star Wars licensed set, but I wasn't too happy to see the same price increase on the ninjago sets. mainly, the ToE set. now, at face value, £28 for 7 minifigs, 4 of which are exclusive and a good build seems great, but if you compare it to other prices from around the world, that's where it goes downhill. im aware that the currency rates change all the time, but at the moment of writing this, this set in the UK costs £28. in the US, it costs $30.  chuck this into the google currency converter and it says that we should be getting £22.69. this is not ok. I can let it slide with the ToE set, as it comes with some great and exclusive figs, and the Mando set as it comes with grogu, but the overlord dragon? nope. £28 for 2 minifigs, a (IMO) crappy dragon build and nothing else, it just feels like a rip-off. lego knows fans have wanted an overlord dragon for years, and they give us overpriced crap. some people like it, and that's fine, and some people like it just because its the overlord dragon and weve wanted it for years. but lego needs to step up their game. luckily, the other legacy sets can make up for this, the titan mech especially, and the gardens, but this just feels like legos going for the cash grab just because its the 10th anniversary. all these sets look like they should be in the £25 range, and yet there now £28. my brain just rounds that up to £30, bc its weird, and also a £3 increase is fine if you plan on getting one set, but for an avid ninjago collector, it can add up. this all wouldn't be so bad if the prices did change with the other country's, like the US. it just dosent feel right. hopefully lego will go back to the old £25 price. also it sets my OCD off with the fact that all of the sets are rounded so nicely to 5s and 10s, and then we have those 2 sets coming in and ruining it. so, to the UK ninjago fans, thoughts and opinions?

For starters, I think you could maybe do with scaling down the sugar in your coffee. And maybe cut out the coffee too.

I haven’t seen it mentioned yet but based on the new images on S@H, it looks like all 3 ghost minifigures have the same head, which is unfortunate. On the bright side, we were correct that the overlord has a new head. I wonder why they decided to change it. 

33 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

ive been thinking about the ninjago set prices for the UK, and IMO lego has been kinda scummy. this price increase on The LEGO sets are getting..... interesting. im talking about sets that generally in the £25 range. the Mando set I can kinda justify, as its a Star Wars licensed set, but I wasn't too happy to see the same price increase on the ninjago sets. mainly, the ToE set. now, at face value, £28 for 7 minifigs, 4 of which are exclusive and a good build seems great, but if you compare it to other prices from around the world, that's where it goes downhill. im aware that the currency rates change all the time, but at the moment of writing this, this set in the UK costs £28. in the US, it costs $30.  chuck this into the google currency converter and it says that we should be getting £22.69. this is not ok. I can let it slide with the ToE set, as it comes with some great and exclusive figs, and the Mando set as it comes with grogu, but the overlord dragon? nope. £28 for 2 minifigs, a (IMO) crappy dragon build and nothing else, it just feels like a rip-off. lego knows fans have wanted an overlord dragon for years, and they give us overpriced crap.

While I understand your frustrations, expecting LEGO to price their sets using ordinary currency conversions is simply not realistic. One of the simplest factors that you're ignoring is tax rate discrepancies. In the UK, a 20% value added tax is charged on all toys, and included as part of a product's retail price. In the US, sales tax is a surcharge added on TOP of the retail price, and the rate of that surcharge can vary wildly depending on what state and city/county you're in.

As such, if you were to exclude taxes from the value of sets like the Tournament of Elements or Overlord Dragon, the UK price would be LOWER than the US price, even compared to states like New Jersey which charge no sales tax on consumer goods!

Plus, your individual feelings about the design of the Overlord Dragon don't really have any bearing on the set's value for money in a more general sense. After all, would you really expect LEGO to charge MORE for a dragon set this same size if it were built in a way that was more appealing to you? After all, even if you remove the scrawny wings entirely, you still end up with a dragon with it's a considerably beefier design for its torso, legs, neck, and tail than this year's Empire Dragon, and with 90 pieces more, despite that set having a brick-built head instead of a molded one!

Hi @a guy from somewhere. I can see that your Caps Lock and Shift key work, can you give proper capitalisation a try? New sentences start with an uppercase letter, so do names and "I". There is a general expectation of readable grammar and formatting here on EB, being from the UK, you should have experience with this. Or, it puts into question your age and that puts into question whether you are old enough to be a member of the forum.

Just a little tip.

On topic: UK prices are always a little different to US and certain continental territories. The US is an enormous market, many times larger than the UK, it can support the lower priced sets for TLG as they will sell enough units to make up for the slightly lower cost, then US buyers prices are not listed without tax as it varies from state to state, the box prices are never the price paid. Also, there is a much more competitive market in the US, so they have to price accordingly.

LEGO is also a popular product in Germany, so the prices can be slightly less, more sell.

You also have to remember the fact that UK VAT and other costs exist, not to mention what leaving the EU will do to all kinds of background costs and that is a knock on effect to UK prices.

@Peppermint_M, Yes, sorry. I am dyspraxic and dyslexic which means I have trouble with punctuation. I will quieten down now, I was tired and overhyped. Sorry for the disturbances guys. Reading back through my messages, I do give off the appearance of an over excited child. Again, sorry everyone for the disturbances. This is my fault and I will accept responsibility. Have a good day everyone!

Edited by a guy from somewhere

Ok. I feel like I should probably apologise. What I did yesterday was childish, and benefited nobody on this forum. Im sorry for that, I was tired and probably should have gotten some sleep. As I said before, reading back through my old messages, it looks like I am nothing more than an over excited child. Im sorry to every one who has to deal with this. A couple of you have asked me to quieten down, and I shall, so don't worry about that. I will take a break here, stop spamming everyone and unless there's new pictures or rumours, lay low a bit. The rant I had yesterday was stupid, useless and childish. Looking at all the amazing sets lego is putting out for the 10th anniversary, I think its fair that they can charge a little over what I was expecting. This is an amazing community, all of you, and I don't blame you if you all get annoyed with someone firing off 10 replies at a time. I understand that there are people here who are not hyped as much as I am about a set that we don't even have pictures of. I'm sorry, I understand and I hope you do as well. I wish everyone here the best, and a happy holidays! 

I definitely understand your excitement @a guy from somewhere, but try to keep your expectations in check. I have no doubt this set will be great like its predecessors, but overhyping it to such a degree will inevitably lead to some disappointment. Believe me, I know from experience. :grin:

Based on that outline, I’m thinking that the sidewalk from the previous Ninjago City models won’t be continued here. It appears that if you were to line the sets up in order, the sidewalk would continue from NC onto the NCD and then abruptly stop when you get to the actual Gardens. It’ll be a bit disappointing if that’s the case, even if I only own NC and not the Docks. Regardless, I’m still hyped to see what this set looks like. It really feels like we could get a leak or reveal any day now, especially since The Lego Movie 2’s equivalent of Ninjago City, Welcome to Apocalypseburg, was leaked exactly around this time two years ago.

The sidewalk will obviously connect to either the Ninjago City Docks or the Ninjago City set.   They're pseudo-Modular in that they have connecting pins for a reason.

Edited by CopperTablet

How is it that we have the exact release dates of the next ideas set due in February, and the next creator expert vehicle due in March, but still nothing concrete for the gardens?

39 minutes ago, someguy827 said:

How is it that we have the exact release dates of the next ideas set due in February, and the next creator expert vehicle due in March, but still nothing concrete for the gardens?

Because that Winnie the Pooh info isn't true

2 hours ago, someguy827 said:

The recent creator expert vehicles are all coming out in March, so that probably explains it.

On 12/11/2020 at 1:35 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

also just realised, the spring lantern festival, the Chinese new year set is £90!!!!!!! WHAT???? severely overpriced, but good looking set. 

That's $119USD so you are now complaining it's cheaper than the USA price?