4 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Its decent, but goddamn the wings suck

Haha.. My thoughts exactly.

The head and body is decent, and the minifigure selection makes sense.... that wing though.

Is the Overlord minifig new or reused with a new helmet and shoulder piece? It looks a lot like the Golden Master figure from 2014 but I’m not sure if the head print is the same as the other Legacy one. 

Seeing these finalized images, I’m liking it more than before. The light use of trans pink as energy kind of works, about that, I think there’s a trans pink old style lighting piece on the dragon’s chest under the golden rib cage, you can see it on the front of the box. I think the inclusion of a lighting bolt piece for the overlord minifig is nice, just to give him something. However, from what I can see, his facial expression looks kind of goofy, I’ll stick with the current one over that. Another interesting thing, they ditched the golden face for Lloyd and instead used the normal yellow one. This set, to me, is the first time that LEGO has decided to make something more accurate to the show than any previous set release. I’ll see if I get it or not, just because my LEGO budget is kind of tight.

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

Is the Overlord minifig new or reused with a new helmet and shoulder piece? It looks a lot like the Golden Master figure from 2014 but I’m not sure if the head print is the same as the other Legacy one. 

It's just the same Overlord minifigure as the one we got in he first legacy wave, but with a different helmet piece. 

9 minutes ago, Lego David said:

It's just the same Overlord minifigure as the one we got in he first legacy wave, but with a different helmet piece. 

Well, no, it’s not. The first legacy overlord had 4 arms, with the golden armor printed on the second torso, while this one has only two arms, with the golden armor print on a normal torso. The head also looks to be different, with a pink mouth instead if a black one. Yes, it’s not that different of a figure, but I think that instead of being a mishmash of the two different overlords, they just stuck to the 2014 design, which is weird since this set is from season 2, not rebooted.

Edited by NetherCreeper

16 hours ago, Lego David said:

Not exactly though, for the new Overlord, the leaks shows the golden master-esque print on the standard minifigure torso while also only having two arms. The first legacy Overlord's armor-esque print is on the torso extension while his standard minifig torso is just in black with some purple smoke as print.

Edit- and I got beaten just by a minute haha.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

I honestly feel like the designers spent all their time designing the over sets, realised that lots of people want an overlord dragon, then put all of there time into designing the head mould, and rushed it for release. those wings look horrible. any one gonna draw some wings onto the official images? could make it look a bit better.

The overlord dragon's wings are definitely some of the most skeletal we've seen in years, but the Legacy Golden Dragon's wings were pretty skeletal themselves— even though the Golden Dragon had much more solid-looking wings on screen than the Overlord Dragon did. With that in mind I'm reluctant to judge this design too harshly. After all, the Legacy sets in general are generally re-imaginings of stuff from the earlier seasons, not screen-accurate replicas.

The new Overlord minifigure is a big surprise to me, since I expected them to reuse the existing design for a third year. Ironically, despite this being a Season 3 inspired set, this version feels much more directly inspired by Season 4's Digital Overlord than the one from previous Legacy sets, considering the helmet mold, golden shoulder armor, and number of arms. Not that I'm complaining, though! It's cool that it's an actual new minifigure design, especially one that better reflects so many of the scenes the Overlord appears in! :classic:

Edited by Aanchir

16 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

The overlord dragon's wings are definitely some of the most skeletal we've seen in years, but the Legacy Golden Dragon's wings were pretty skeletal themselves— even though the Golden Dragon had much more solid-looking wings on screen than the Overlord Dragon did. With that in mind I'm reluctant to judge this design too harshly. After all, the Legacy sets in general are generally re-imaginings of stuff from the earlier seasons, not screen-accurate replicas. 

The new Overlord minifigure is a big surprise to me, since I expected them to reuse the existing design for a third year. Ironically, despite this being a Season 3 inspired set, this version feels much more directly inspired by Season 4's Digital Overlord than the one from previous Legacy sets, considering the helmet mold, golden shoulder armor, and number of arms. Not that I'm complaining, though! It's cool that it's an actual new minifigure design, especially one that better reflects so many of the scenes the Overlord appears in! :classic:

I agree with you on the wings and the overlord fig.   The wings can be easily modded though.  The fig is much more useful this way as the print is on the regular minifig torso.  I really want to see the head print, I hope its different as it does look to be.  I actually have 2 of the golden dragon sets and had a third that I gave away.  So this overlord is a nice surprise to me as I thought they would just use the last one.  The head does look nice, especially with those teeth.  

they should have had the overlord variant be the dragon garmadon one. That would have made more sense, though I get not doing that as it would require a new headmold to look good (the original was pretty bad) and the set already has a new mold

2 hours ago, Surge said:

they should have had the overlord variant be the dragon garmadon one. That would have made more sense, though I get not doing that as it would require a new headmold to look good (the original was pretty bad) and the set already has a new mold

I wish they made the Dragon Garmadon Overlord as well but tbh I think they never made it because it would look to creepy for kids. When you think about it, it would be probably be the scariest minifigure Lego could ever make so I understand them not including it. After all this set is for kids and we don't want them to be getting nightmares of a minifigure :head_back:

My opinions on the set though is that it's amazing. I see a lot of people complaining about the wings but tbh I love them. They have that simple classic Ninjago vibe instead of trying to merge it with the most recent dragons. This almost feels like it came out of 2013 when the final battle sets were releasing, which I like. We should have gotten an Overlord dragon back then so I'm glad that it will fit in with the other 2013 sets. I really love the head sculpt and how it came out, however I wish the final product has less gold. This might be a set where I buy 2 of them to make a bigger more accurate Overlord Dragon. I have been waiting for this set ever since I was a kid watching the season 2 finale. This is a must pickup for me. 

7 hours ago, azog said:

I wish they made the Dragon Garmadon Overlord as well but tbh I think they never made it because it would look to creepy for kids. When you think about it, it would be probably be the scariest minifigure Lego could ever make so I understand them not including it. After all this set is for kids and we don't want them to be getting nightmares of a minifigure :head_back:

That minifig would just be a 4-armed Garmadon with a dragon head, not sure what's creepy about that. Especially considering Ninjago has giant spiders, ghosts, snake-people, people made out of numerous snakes, literally demons, etc.

On 12/2/2020 at 1:24 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Honestly the biggest mistake they made with this set is trying to make it a $30 set. It would've looked so much better if it had the same budget as Firstbourne or similarly sized dragons.

Yeah but I think it was meant to be the same size as the golden dragon.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That minifig would just be a 4-armed Garmadon with a dragon head, not sure what's creepy about that. Especially considering Ninjago has giant spiders, ghosts, snake-people, people made out of numerous snakes, literally demons, etc.

It's not so much the idea being creepy, but the odd CGI is

52 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

hey guys im looking for a pic of the titan mech box from the back? does anyone have a clear image where I can see the height of the mech. I would like to know how tall this thing is?

That set hasn't been officially revealed yet so untill that time we won't get those kinds of details (unless the description leaks)

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That set hasn't been officially revealed yet so untill that time we won't get those kinds of details (unless the description leaks)

I know but there are pics of it, just not clear ones. im looking for the original source. im just wondering if there's a website or instagram account that has decent pics of it. im just wondering.ive tried swiping the videos to HD but I still cant see it, which makes me think its from a different source. I just would like to see how it squares up against the other titan mech and the fire stone mech.

Unfortunate about the identical leg prints for the golden Ninja's...

Its rare the limitations of Ninjago become visible this way. I would have rather liked them to take it slower - but yeah so many legacy sets, remade characters, new characters and then also the new season, from the same wave-budget.

Still - it makes the suits less wothy to collect. I found the idea of the individual head molds pretty interesting.

39 minutes ago, Gangikhan448 said:

What about this?

DC0942BA-F81D-4A72-A632-B03395BA58E2.jpeg

Cool, the Legacy hood moulded with silver . . wait. That’s the ZX 2012 shoulder armour. The long rear strap of the 2019 hood makes it incompatible with that part. Is that a new hood mould? Like the 2019 one but without the stupid pointless strap at the back?

Hey, wait, the picture on #legoleaks has Legacystone Zane with a white hood and the 2019 shoulder armour. Is that fake? Damnit I got my hopes up. 

6 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Cool, the Legacy hood moulded with silver . . wait. That’s the ZX 2012 shoulder armour. The long rear strap of the 2019 hood makes it incompatible with that part. Is that a new hood mould? Like the 2019 one but without the stupid pointless strap at the back?

Hey, wait, the picture on #legoleaks has Legacystone Zane with a white hood and the 2019 shoulder armour. Is that fake? Damnit I got my hopes up. 

looks like someones just photoshopped it on. they use the 2019 armour.

3 hours ago, someguy827 said:

If the gardens come out on January 1st, does that mean we can expect a press release in mid December? 

I hope so, mid to late December. legos really taking there time tho

10 hours ago, someguy827 said:

If the gardens come out on January 1st, does that mean we can expect a press release in mid December? 

Not necessarily. Some D2C sets are officially revealed 1 day before its release...

Edited by JintaiZ