WhiteFang

Castle, Skeleton Battlepack Review

Hello all Eurobricks members,

I will present to you a very short review on the recent Castle Battlepacks. This time, I will be reviewing Skeleton Battlepack, and I hope everyone of you do enjoy viewing it. This was a request that put up by hollisbrick in the Castle thread. Initally, I thought it was a very simple set to do a review. However, for the love of Castle, I decided to whip this up for every Castle fan out there. :blush:

This is an image of how the Skeleton Battlepacks look like.

1main.jpg

I have bought 12 last packs of these in total so far but none of the Crown battlepacks yet. There were snapped much faster, that I imagined. Do pardon me for the poor lightning. Today is a bad weather, it's hard to get natural light. :cry_sad:

The Skeleton Gang

2main.jpg

For a single battlepack like this, with an attractive reasonable price. You obtained a series of 5 skeleton mini-figs with tons and tons of useful castle accessories. To me, it's a very very great buy, and it's a MUST to stock up for my army building! :wub:

Some add-ons!

4main1.jpg

However, I was not very satisfied with my Skeleton armies standards. Therefore, I decided to make some slight modifications with some additional castle accessories that is stocked in my Castle warehouse.

After the makeover,

9main.jpg

Ok, this is what I called a real skeleton army. This is mainly my opnion and it have to be aligned with my standards. I felt this improved battlepack gives a punch to the exisitng battlepack.

The two soliders on the right, is able to align with the rest of my Castle Chess sets armies. While the one on the left, it gives me a great archer back up with the quiver and helmet attached to him.

The ones, on the center especially the armored guard which equipped with the black nose cone helmet is my fave. It is able to illustrate the "Elite" among the rest of the guards with its armor and helmet which was featured in my Castle Deep Forest Expansion MOC.. Promotion On! :wink:

In addition, the one which was hastly done with a modify mace, it looks rather simple. In time to come, I will change it and

gives a better equipment and look. :classic:

These are the remains.

5main.jpg

I can use the axe for my dwarf in my dwarf mine defender. In that set, there is no weapon for my dwarf and I have to get it from other sets. :tongue: The rest of the accessories, makes a very good stock up for future upgrading! :blush:

Overall: 9/10

This is not a playset. It is mainly bought for its abilty to mass recurit any armies, and is a main love for all Castle Army builders such as me! :laugh: This set mainly have no major faults, and I love it so much. Although, I have done some slight modifciations, but this set is a must for me to buy more and more! Meanwhile, I will need to wait for the next shipment!

Hope everyone have enjoying viewing this simple review of mine! :wink:

Edited by WhiteFang

Thanks for the review WhiteFang. I love these sets, and I wish they were available in NZ. So far, it seems they may never come here... :cry_sad: But I can sit and hope. I like the look of them after your make-over, a real skeleton army there! :thumbup:

Did you say you've bought 12! :oh: Tht's lots of Skelies. :grin: Are you planning a big MOC or something?

Thanks for the review WhiteFang. I love these sets, and I wish they were available in NZ. So far, it seems they may never come here... :cry_sad: But I can sit and hope. I like the look of them after your make-over, a real skeleton army there! :thumbup:

Did you say you've bought 12! :oh: Tht's lots of Skelies. :grin: Are you planning a big MOC or something?

No problem! I had bought it last month. I thought it was so simple to do a review for this. Was looking through the thread, then I realised there is a request for it.

It was an unexpected shipment that send to Singapore. It came in very limited quantity. Most of the battlepacks were snapped within a day or two when it arrived. :cry_sad:

Well, I am thinking of building something big in the future. It's just a plan that I have not decided yet. For me, I always love to see the beauty of a big army with different battalions, forming a kingdom. That's why, I always buy many many sets that have figures that attracts me. And for this battlepack, it served a very good purpose for it! :blush:

Thanks for the review!!! :thumbup: It wasn't "really" a request but more of an imply to do it :wink: Anyway great review! Can't wait til these come to Aus. probably when the rest of the castle comes out in September though :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for the review I wanted to see what was in this set looks good! Is it sold in stores?

Edited by mammymarf

For a single battlepack like this, with an attractive reasonable price. You obtained a series of 5 skeleton mini-figs with tons and tons of useful castle accessories. To me, it's a very very great buy, and it's a MUST to stock up for my army building! :wub:

I wish these battlepacks had a reasonable price click here to see the Canadian price of these battlepacks , 18 dollars thats 6 dollars more than the Starwars battlepack yet you get the same amount of Lego (or Less then a Starwars battlepack). How the Megablok does Lego price its items :angry: . I'm gonna have to skip this set, and a few others that I wanted because of this bloody outrageous.

Back on topic thanks for the detailed review, Whitefang I also like your little changes to the set they really make this set look better.

Thanks, WhiteFang! :thumbup:

Castle Battle Packs.... simply wonderful! Finally a dream came true, well done TLC! :cry_happy:

Thanks Whitefang! I love this battlepack, but can only really hope to get one. still, great accesories and a spider! That's great!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks for the review!!! :thumbup: It wasn't "really" a request but more of an imply to do it :wink: Anyway great review! Can't wait til these come to Aus. probably when the rest of the castle comes out in September though :hmpf_bad:

Well, I am glad you enjoyed this review. I hope these excellent battlepacks will reach the coast of Australia and the rest of the world soon. Guess then, we will have to wait till September 08. :look:

Thanks for the review I wanted to see what was in this set looks good! Is it sold in stores?

Yes, I have bought these from stores in my country. However, it came in limited quantity and it was snapped out within moments. :cry_sad:

I wish these battlepacks had a reasonable price click here to see the Canadian price of these battlepacks , 18 dollars thats 6 dollars more than the Starwars battlepack yet you get the same amount of Lego (or Less then a Starwars battlepack). How the Megablok does Lego price its items :angry: . I'm gonna have to skip this set, and a few others that I wanted because of this bloody outrageous.

Back on topic thanks for the detailed review, Whitefang I also like your little changes to the set they really make this set look better.

MacK, I am glad you liked the little changes I made. :tongue:

Yes, the price for the battlepacks is a little steep. However for the amount of mini-figs and castle accessories, the price and quantity justifiy my bulk purchase. :sweet: This is one way to acquired soldiers without spending much money on other sets. In this way, you will save much more. I understand the concern of Star Wars Battlepacks from your country. But in my country, Star Wars battlepacks are priced much much higher than the Castle Battlepacks.

Thanks, WhiteFang! :thumbup:

Castle Battle Packs.... simply wonderful! Finally a dream came true, well done TLC! :cry_happy:

Asuka, I agreed with you totally. This is indeed a dream come true! :wub:

Thanks Whitefang! I love this battlepack, but can only really hope to get one. still, great accesories and a spider! That's great!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Batbrick, you MUST get one of these packs. I am sure it will help you in your Batman Medival MOCs. :blush: There are many possibilites for you to play around and custom with your mini-figs. This battlepack, and of course Crown battlepack too, will prove useful to you. :wink:

Edited by WhiteFang

No offence- make this 7.99 CAN. Too expensive to be coming with only a few figures. 20$ earns you the same amount of figs, plus a catapult, barricade, two horses and a jousting divider.

No offence- make this 7.99 CAN. Too expensive to be coming with only a few figures. 20$ earns you the same amount of figs, plus a catapult, barricade, two horses and a jousting divider.

Are you refering to these following sets?

7009-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

7090-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

Both these sets adds up to $18.00 (CAD)

And the skeleton pack have the same price of $18.00 (CAD)

*prices quoted from S@H

I understand that 7009 and 7090 offers more pieces, horses and same amount of mini-figs compared to a typical battlepack. IMO, I feel that all 3 sets are all army building sets. 7009 offer small catapult, 3 mini-figs, a skeleton white horse. 7090 offer a joust divider, weapon rack (good accessories), 2 mini-figs, a horse with barding and a skeleton black horse. These sets have different purpose. For me, buying multiples of 7009 is to build its catapult, white skeleton calvaries. While 7090 is to build on Crown calvaries and Black skeleton calvaries. :sweet:

However, Battlepacks have a different agenda. It offered some castle accessories that is not available commonly. For a Castle army builder like myself, castle accessories are always in demand. The black robe, silver armor, silver short-axe are not very common castle accessories. It can be used as a good stock up too. I am not saying this battlepack is an one way solution to solve everything. That's why, different sets are released to target on different purposes. :wink:

WhiteFang, although I realize that the battle packs are great specifically for building armies, and castle accessories (which is why its such a shame that I won't be able to buy these things :cry_sad: ), while sdpirate's sets are more for a catapult, Calvary whatever. The fact to the matter is with the battle pack you get:

5 minifigs with lots of accessories.

While with the sets that sdpirate showed us you get:

5 minifigs with an okay amount of accessories

3 horses (including two skeleton ones)

A ballista

A weapons rack, and a jousting barricade.

You cannot say that the battle pack contains the same amount of stuff that the other two sets have and therefore should be priced the same. It just seems that Lego is ripping off Canadian army builders, to me if the battle pack contained a small catapult, or wall so that it contained about the same amount of stuff that the other sets had it would be fair. It seems stupid that you will only get minifigs from one set, while you can get about the same amount of minifigs plus a bunch of other stuff from two other equally priced sets. That’s why to me these battle packs are a rip off, because of what they contain, IMHO the Battle Packs seem to be only worth about 10 dollars.

Thanks for the review Whitefang! Your additions look great, I like your mace much better than the use of a small technic cog, your looks much sturdier. :sweet: And that helmet looks really great on skellie soldiers, I never thought to use that before. Very cool indeed! :sweet:

~Peace

You cannot say that the battle pack contains the same amount of stuff that the other two sets have and therefore should be priced the same. It just seems that Lego is ripping off Canadian army builders, to me if the battle pack contained a small catapult, or wall so that it contained about the same amount of stuff that the other sets had it would be fair. It seems stupid that you will only get minifigs from one set, while you can get about the same amount of minifigs plus a bunch of other stuff from two other equally priced sets. That’s why to me these battle packs are a rip off, because of what they contain, IMHO the Battle Packs seem to be only worth about 10 dollars.

MacK, I can understand your concern when pricing is concerned. Pricing is always a big issue for us to determine whether to buy or not to buy a certain set in a particular country. Pricing varies differently across different countries such as US, Europe, Canada, Australia and etc. This is something very hard for us to decide on. We can't be sure why TLC placed their pricing strategies this way.

Well, I think we should appericate what TLC is trying to do for us, by not using price as the only factor to judge whether to buy this set or not. At least, I am sure there are many of us trying to request for battlepacks to muster armies for their MOCs, Armies Collection and etc.

Different people have different judgements towards different sets and different themes. I respect your opnion. :sweet:

IMO, let's don't let price be the only determined factor to decide whether to purchase a particular set or not. Instead, consider an array of factors that is offered. However, I do know that consumers like me and you are always affected by price. :wink:

Thanks for the review Whitefang! Your additions look great, I like your mace much better than the use of a small technic cog, your looks much sturdier. :sweet: And that helmet looks really great on skellie soldiers, I never thought to use that before. Very cool indeed! :sweet:

iamded, I am glad you enjoyed the review and my slight modifications. That mace was a much looking weapon. It looks much firm than the orignal look. The design was inspired from Dwarf Mine and Dwarf Mine Defender. I would not want to have so many troll flags hanging around. :tongue: The nose cone helmet, was to give the soliders a whole new look. To me, it retains the classic look, yet it belongs to present theme, suitable for my Skeleton Elite Guards. :wink:

Thanks for sharing these close-up images of this battlepack WhiteFang. I actually had this set in my hand at Legoland Cal. and could not decide if I wanted it. I'm currently out of "castle-mode" with my large Indy Jungle set up on the table, and creating Ghost Train MOCs that are starting to line up on the bookshelves.

Once I buy the Troll Ship, I'll want to start collecting these great fig sets. Thanks again for sharing.

Thanks for the nice review WhiteFang! I got the Knights BP just for the scared face. :grin:

Sorry to be going a little off topic here but personally i have just bought 40 crowny battle packs for the only reason that i am running out of space to store the left over blocks. About 500 of my crownies came from sets (mentioned above) on sale which would have been cheaper than the battle packs.

Thanks for the review Whitefang but i dont think i will be buy any skeleton battle packs, that army is large enough.

For those of you who buy so many of this and the other battle pack with Crownies, what do you do with all of them? Is this simply to create a large-scale army, or do you plan to build large castle scenes with all the figs. I'd love to see some pictures (on the "share your castle army" thread).

For those of you who buy so many of this and the other battle pack with Crownies, what do you do with all of them? Is this simply to create a large-scale army, or do you plan to build large castle scenes with all the figs. I'd love to see some pictures (on the "share your castle army" thread).

I am a army builder and hope one day to make large scale castle battle scenes. Time is a huge factor at the moment, i have to work so hard to pay for all this..lol. There is a Queens birthday holiday coming up on the 9th of june here in australia, thats the deadline i have given myself. You will definately see my army in the "share your castle army thread".

Thats the beauty of the battle packs, the figures come armed.

Thanks for sharing these close-up images of this battlepack WhiteFang. I actually had this set in my hand at Legoland Cal. and could not decide if I wanted it. I'm currently out of "castle-mode" with my large Indy Jungle set up on the table, and creating Ghost Train MOCs that are starting to line up on the bookshelves.

Once I buy the Troll Ship, I'll want to start collecting these great fig sets. Thanks again for sharing.

Brickster, you should try and get back into "castle-mode". There are so many great stuffs waiting for you such as Dwarf Mine, Tower Raid and etc. However, I can understand that the problem of space is always the key issue. Without space, it is hard for us to keep it on display for big-scale MOCs or for storage purpose.

I will be waiting for you to get your Troll Warship too. Hope one day soon enough, we will be able to view a Castle MOC from you too. :wink:

Thanks for the nice review WhiteFang! I got the Knights BP just for the scared face. :grin:

Thanks ExoBuilder! I did not know that the Crown battlepack has a mini-fig with the scared face. I hope it will reach my shores soon once again.

Sorry to be going a little off topic here but personally i have just bought 40 crowny battle packs for the only reason that i am running out of space to store the left over blocks. About 500 of my crownies came from sets (mentioned above) on sale which would have been cheaper than the battle packs.

Thanks for the review Whitefang but i dont think i will be buy any skeleton battle packs, that army is large enough.

That's lots of battlepack. Share us some images on your collection too. I love to see such big army. :blush:

For me, I will use these battlepack for army building purpose. I always feel that every kingdom needs a considerable amount of soldiers to defend their kingdom. Therefore, most of the time, the amount of soldiers will dictate how strong that kingdom is in my collection. :tongue:

In the future, I hope to build large castle scenes, combined all playsets, armies everything together and developed a kingdom scene. Of course, that is just a dream for now. I am still currently not able to afford much space and time to do such big scale project at the moment. Meanwhile, for this great castle theme, I am storing them at the moment and take it out when the time is ripe. :sweet:

One day soon, I hope I can post an image or two of my armies. :wub:

Edited by WhiteFang