Sign in to follow this  
JintaiZ

21026 Venice review!

Hello everyone! Here's my review of the 21026 Venice Skyline that I bought a while ago.

The build:

Honestly, nothing special. Done in 30 minutes.

The completed model:

The finished model is a real beauty - with a pleasant color scheme and very charming buildings. All landmarks are instantly recognizable. It's impossible to capture all the details in just 212 pieces but I think the designer really did his best job. Also, it does not use a single sticker! To sum it up, a great display piece and definitely an eyecatcher.

Rare parts:

Microfigure statue (90398)

2x2 stud with white wing lion printing (3003)

1x8 tile with Venice Printing (4162)

Conclusion:

This is an excellent set. Great value, great parts pack, and a great display piece. Unfortunately it's retired, so you will probably have to fork out a lot more than the Retail Price to get this beauty. I will highly recommend it if you can find it for a good price.

My score: 10/10

Many thanks for reading. Comment your thoughts below.

15 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Microfigure statue (90398)

It isn't really very rare any more. The white one has been in 11 sets now, and is also cheap on B+P.

However, this part is rare.

3688.png

It only comes in this set and is no longer available at B+P. I bought six damaged box sets of Venice for £12.50 (50% RRP) each for the parts, and each of those roof slopes sold on bricklink for about 65% of the price I paid for each set!

As to the set, I agree it is a lovely little set with instantly recognizable landmarks.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

It isn't really very rare any more. The white one has been in 11 sets now, and is also cheap on B+P.

However, this part is rare.

3688.png

It only comes in this set and is no longer available at B+P. I bought six damaged box sets of Venice for £12.50 (50% RRP) each for the parts, and each of those roof slopes sold on bricklink for about 65% of the price I paid for each set!

As to the set, I agree it is a lovely little set with instantly recognizable landmarks.

You're lucky to find it for that cheap! I had to pay the RRP when I bought this set.