HOW DO YOU RATE THIS SET?   

38 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale 1 to 5...

• 1 – Poor
    • 2 – Below Average
    • 3 – Average
    • 4 – Above Average
    • 5 – Outstanding

Excellent review! I really hoped they made it possible to make it play other music of our choice. 

Did anyone thought about modding this set to do just that?

Awesome set nevertheless. I loved the attention to detail and how it replicates the way an actual piano works.

On 8/27/2020 at 9:23 PM, TheWineNut said:

Therefore my thinking that I can get the orange bar to be vertical at the rest position, possibly by extending the grey technic bar, the red strikers will be horizontal rather than angled down and hopefully then the keys will be even.

I also would love to mod a fix for the uneven keys and completely agree with your assessment, but isn’t the position of the orange bar fixed by the angle of the end-on appearance of the long rod, which doesn’t seem incrementally adjustable by force or pressure such that you could “turn“ the orange bar (I.e., the whole rod) and make the orange bar vertical?  It seems fixed by the gear position and i am not able to move the gearing on the motor.  Any ideas welcome!

On 9/5/2020 at 9:06 AM, Legobacca said:

I also would love to mod a fix for the uneven keys and completely agree with your assessment, but isn’t the position of the orange bar fixed by the angle of the end-on appearance of the long rod, which doesn’t seem incrementally adjustable by force or pressure such that you could “turn“ the orange bar (I.e., the whole rod) and make the orange bar vertical?  It seems fixed by the gear position and i am not able to move the gearing on the motor.  Any ideas welcome!

There may be a solution. There is a review on the Lego Shop by ty28 that includes the following suggestion:

• Remove the tan piece in front of the holder with the beam and replace with a 2 by 2 plate. The piece holding the grey beam should be moved forward by one 1 by 2 plate. Next, remove the rubber piece in the front. Then add 2, 1 by 2 plates and one 1 by 2 tile stacked and place in front of the holder that used to hold the rubber piece. This way the orange piece should align at 90 degrees,

He/She includes a photo of the mechanism with the post. https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/grand-piano-21323 Go to the User Review dated August 16 (or 17 for me in Australia)

I haven't tried this but plan to check it out. Thanks to ty28 for posting it there.

Anyone had a case of a 'Missing Parts Bag' before?
I've started building 21323 Grand Piano and there's supposed to be two bags with an '8' on it but unfortunately, mine only had one.
I've never happened to come across something like this in my life.

4 hours ago, BrickWild said:
Anyone had a case of a 'Missing Parts Bag' before?
I've started building 21323 Grand Piano and there's supposed to be two bags with an '8' on it but unfortunately, mine only had one.
I've never happened to come across something like this in my life.

Had it happen with the Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine. It was missing the entire 3rd bag. I called customer service and they sent a replacement bag. Its very rare, but it happens.

deleted

Edited by JintaiZ
deleted