Hello guys, 

I haven't posted anythig here for a while. I have been working on this Nissan R32 GTR even before the Mazda RX-7 was completed. I was scared that I would not be able to accomplish a build worthy of wearing the legendary "Godzilla" name. Thats why I did not post any WIP Pictures earlier. But now I feel like the build has progressed enough that quitting is out of the question, and any obstacles have been cleared already. I am fairly pleased with the build now, but it was a long way to get here. I hope you like it too.

IMG_20200810_201414%5B1%5D.jpg

IMG_20200810_194422%5B1%5D.jpg

IMG_20200810_194516%5B1%5D.jpg

Yes, I can get these wheels I used for the taillights in transparent red as well, dont underestimate the power of the dark side ;)

IMG_20200810_194611%5B1%5D.jpg

The Car has an AWD system, hooked up to a 6-Speed manual transmission powered by the RB26 with a single turbo conversion.

Sorry for the bad quality pics, black is really hard to photograph.

I am looking forward to your comments, improvement ideas and whatever else in the comments. Stay safe out there.

Gray Gear

Edited by Gray Gear

The proportions feel off; wheels and arches are too big for the model. I guess it can be a tuner car in that case.

The mudguards are painted in black, aren't they?

I don't know why, but I feel like you should leave these taillights, I think they are great for this color :wink:

As impressive as your previously posted models, although wheels do seem a tad large for some reason (maybe just the camera angle). Very excited for the finished Godzilla <3

On 8/10/2020 at 10:14 PM, MinusAndy said:

That back view is iconic. You’ve really nailed the line over the rear wheel too.

Thanks, the way the bodyline flows in the rear on the real car made it a lot easier on my model, because the wheel arches wouldn't be high enough otherwhise. You gotta be lucky sometimes :grin:

On 8/10/2020 at 11:02 PM, brickless_kiwi said:

The only one change would be the tail lights. They need to be red. One of the very few tail lights that ever passed me..  

Dont worry, I alredy know where I can get the taillight pieces in trans-red :wink:

May I ask what you drive irl?

On 8/11/2020 at 12:49 AM, amorti said:

The proportions feel off; wheels and arches are too big for the model. 

6 hours ago, syclone said:

As impressive as your previously posted models, although wheels do seem a tad large for some reason

I scaled the entire model around these wheels+wheel arches, so according to my blueprint everything is as close as I can get it.

I think It might be the Porsche rims that look very big, the R32 had some way smaller wheels. Hopefully I'll 3D print some NISMO 5-spoke wheels for the final model :grin:

8 hours ago, chlego said:

The mudguards are painted in black, aren't they?

Yeah painted, right, ye. No actually they are china pieces, like some other pieces on the model as well. Since I build this MOC for me and there will never be building instructions, there is no need to supress my power of the dark side :devil:

On 8/11/2020 at 1:54 PM, Mechbuilds said:

Details on the engine are beautiful!

Thank you! This time I spent even more time on the engine bay, and you can even see the intercooler piping through the side vents of the front bumper. For some reason I think that is something very attractive,  I just had to do it on this car :blush:

3 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Dont worry, I alredy know where I can get the taillight pieces in trans-red :wink:

May I ask what you drive irl?

Sure... a K200

800x600.jpg

On 8/12/2020 at 9:59 PM, brickless_kiwi said:

Sure... a K200

Lol your previous comment made you sound like some kind of streetracer, this certainly isn't what I expected :grin:

That boi is absolutely massive...

23 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Lol your previous comment made you sound like some kind of streetracer, this certainly isn't what I expected :grin:

That boi is absolutely massive...

At 23 meters bumper to bumper it's the longest proforma combination inside the nzta virm. Those are 15 meter stems. My trailers I can do stems or longs and shorts. Though I can remove the log forks and bolt container locks on and move standard height containers.

As for old school street racing. Light weight mx5 first gen (na) with ford serria rs500 running gear. The engine was built to similar specs of the dick johnston racing cars. This was 1996... so 500kgs lighter and 120bhp more than a stock r32 gtr.. will find some old photos

That sounds lethal! And brilliant. If you can find pics that would be sweet.
The rs500 running gear is rare as hens teeth in the U.K.  

Is there going to be instruction and/or parts list available soon? I really love this MOC.

@OnyyX Thank you, I am sorry to disappoint. I knew I wouldn't be able to build a R32 GTR with just original LEGO pieces, or or at least not a good one I can be satisfied with. This Model requires some GoBricks pieces to look good, and since they are too hard to get for most, instructions wouldn't be worth the work. Sorry :sceptic:

Hi there!

here's some progress I made:

IMG_20200823_143437%5B1%5D.jpg

I added the cooler with 2 fans in the engine bay, and a stick to keep the hood up (whatever it is called)

IMG_20200823_143725%5B1%5D.jpg

I added some bucket seats, they will be completely red but I am still missing a lot of pieces.

IMG_20200823_143749%5B1%5D.jpg

And the sideskirts and the front wheel arch have been revisited.

Thats it for now :blush: