BrickWild

71374 NES - Mods & Improvements

For those who live in some European countries and Australia, I've changed the 'power input' to blue:

71374 NES Mod

The new 2x6 tiles make the cart door look much neater!

71374 NES Mod

The 'Asian Version' uses a different color variation on both console and carts to make them easier to distinguish from their overseas counterparts.

71374 NES - Asian Version

It definitely looks cleaner with the new 2x6 tiles. I was wondering why they used the 1x6 tiles instead of the 2x6. They printed on a 2x4 tile...

10 hours ago, Vindicare said:

It definitely looks cleaner with the new 2x6 tiles. I was wondering why they used the 1x6 tiles instead of the 2x6. They printed on a 2x4 tile...

I would guess that they deemed a single 1x6 tile reading "Nintendo" and another reading "Entertainment" as more versatile than if the two words were printed on the same piece (especially considering that either way "System" would still be printed on a separate tile).

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I would guess that they deemed a single 1x6 tile reading "Nintendo" and another reading "Entertainment" as more versatile than if the two words were printed on the same piece (especially considering that either way "System" would still be printed on a separate tile).

No doubt. It would just look a lot cleaner without the line breaks while the middle has none. They should’ve at least done 2 1x4’s for the middle section in that case. 

The door is indeed better, but then u loose the logo and such

Possible to place the link to the controller, I gonna build a second one?

Thanks!

Edited by Dragunov2

Somebody knows the part number of the hose used for the connector cable between the controller and the console?

I tried to find it in the manual, but I don't find it at all

22 hours ago, Dragunov2 said:

Somebody knows the part number of the hose used for the connector cable between the controller and the console?

I tried to find it in the manual, but I don't find it at all

This?

I have made a simple mod for the cartridge mechanism, so that it doesn't jam as much. This fix is fairly easy to implement. Unfortunately it is still possible for it to fail when parts in the mechanism start pulling from each other. Another switch mechanism is most likely needed for something that is 100% fool proof. Still, this works much better than the standard mechanism if you are one of us who is having problems with it.

Really nice set, recently built it and love it! :sweet:

Created some additions compared to the official LEGO set, see below my full setup:

IMG_0923.JPG

Duplicated the controller and created a simple stand for them:

IMG_0928.JPG

Added 2 more games (Super Mario Bros. 2 & Duck Hunt) which can also be placed on a stand:

IMG_0927.JPG

The famous NES Zapper (including cable):

IMG_0934.JPG

Audio/video cable with yellow and red connectors:

IMG_0930.JPG

For all pictures, please visit my Bricksafe page:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/Lego_GBC_NL/other-lego/nintendo-entertainment-system-lego---2020

24 minutes ago, Lego_GBC_NL said:

Really nice set, recently built it and love it! :sweet:

Created some additions compared to the official LEGO set, see below my full setup:

Duplicated the controller and created a simple stand for them:

Added 2 more games (Super Mario Bros. 2 & Duck Hunt) which can also be placed on a stand:

The famous NES Zapper (including cable):

Audio/video cable with yellow and red connectors:

For all pictures, please visit my Bricksafe page:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/Lego_GBC_NL/other-lego/nintendo-entertainment-system-lego---2020

Oh, very nice work on the zapper!

5 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Oh, very nice work on the zapper!

Not my own design by the way, see below video by Nick Brick

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I see so little usage for this television its kinda baffling.

Has anybody ever tried to incorporate to this TV some movie scenes? I saw other "games" but never idea like this.

Also lego could easily do some swappable games, but I suspect it was never intended.