18 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Suddenly I discovered a pretty interesting alternative:

You'd need extra wheels. Unless of course you were thinking of making the tractor unit 4x4?

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

You'd need extra wheels. Unless of course you were thinking of making the tractor unit 4x4?

Oh, my bad, I mean not alternative but MOD of an original set. MAybe even with two those trailers :)

On 8/14/2020 at 2:08 PM, Jundis said:

Looks so much better!

When I get mine next week, I'll definetily do the same. Can you explain your changes in more detail?

Hello there

I just got my hand on a couple of this really nice build. Many issues as usual...as for your MOD, it certainly looks great, however..the cabin is actually higher than the loading compartment on the actual A60H...see link. The bonet is more inclined and the windows are as a result smaller (similar to what you did there)

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.evocon.rs%2Ffiles%2Fzglobni_damper_A60H.pdf

I have managed to add a Second drivetrain engine for the 42114 - and it helps a lot!

image.png.6517d13b9ec8a032117c7d6dfc1fe8db.png

I can't upload more photos here so please check my reddit post to see more photos

Intro:

The Lego hauler faces several problems, including the "head falling off," 3rd gear crackling, and low power and slow speed. These issues can be resolved or improved by installing a second engine, which shares the load and reduces wear and tear on the gears. This modification massively improves the speed and power of the hauler.

Although the head of the Lego hauler can still fall off, putting it back on is no longer a painful and time-consuming process. By removing the axle and universal joint in the turn table and the gear attached to it, the pain of reattaching the head is minimized; it is now a simple and hassle-free task.

The build notes:

The addition of a second engine to the Lego hauler feels like it was meant to be that way because the engine bay already houses all the necessary components except for three pieces: the "2x 15100 Pin with Friction Ridges and Pin Hole" used for reinforcement of 1:1 gear under the engine, and the engine itself. Installing the second engine is a straightforward process that requires minimal modifications to the hauler, making it feel like a natural extension of the original design. Just take apart the engine bay and put it back together with the L engine.

One or two drivetrains?

I have also attempted to connect both (now two) drivetrains together (front two wheels and four back wheels), but this came at the cost of messier code and reducing the speed and power of the new engine in the first and second gear. This downgraded the overall performance (compared to the disconnected drivetrains, it was still an upgrade compared to the stock version) of the hauler and made the pain of the "falling head" a thing again, as the small 12-tooth black gear started falling off with the head again. Although it was an interesting experiment, it seems that the new design with two separate drivetrains and engines is the most efficient and practical solution for the sake of a fun driving experience with the hauler.

Fun factor increase:

The addition of a second drivetrain engine to the build has made it much more responsive and functional, making it more fun to use. The improved speed and power of the hauler allow it to carry heavier loads and climb steeper hills. However, the difference between the gears is now less noticeable. This is a minor issue compared to the significant improvement in the hauler's performance. (This thing can now climb even in the 3rd gear - can you imagine that?)

Coding and controlling:

With the addition of a fourth engine to the hauler, it is now not compatible with the Control+ app. But the Powered Up app allows for new functionality, such as cruise control. This feature is particularly useful for longer trips, as it frees the user from having to constantly hold their finger on the phone. Additionally, the Powered Up app allows for angle-lockable steering, which is a pleasant improvement to the hauler's maneuverability (maybe just personal preference?). Another advantage of using the Powered Up app is that you can shift gears while driving, unlike the Control+ app, which always stops the hauler when shifting gears (that is very immersion-breaking; I know it is there to protect gears, but it just feels lame). I have not made the code for fully automatic mode. I was not using it in the original Control+ app, and I don't plan to do it now. But to code it should be a straightforward process... Ok, I will do it just for fun.

Outro:

To add to the discussion, I believe that the need to modify our Lego sets is part of what makes them so special and enjoyable. It's the need to use creativity and problem-solving skills to make these modifications that add to the whole fun factor. Share your thoughts in the comments below!