Simulterious

[Factions Ep. 6 - Cat A][L13 - Fondor - TT] Destroying the refinery

*Your entry has earned 6 XP*

WAR ON THE SURFACE! 

As the Triumvirate forces above break Pyerce's blockade, small teams are sent to destroy key facilities on the planet. Under the command of captain Gaius Neimor, Bravura squad is divided in two! As the main squad led by DT-R65 attempt to destroy the assembly area, one division sets their sights to a dunium metal refinery, converting raw metal into usable material. Along with the assembly line, it plays a large role in the continual repair of Fondor's defence fleet.

(decripting DT frequency... loading mission log 01-2)

"The dropzone for sector 2.1 is just up ahead sir" said DT-087 Feroce. "Good" replied Notturno. "How is team 1 holding up?" 

"So far so good sir, they are about to drop in sector 2.2 as expected" 

"Know that we may face foes in stormtrooper armor - they are to be killed on sight with the rest of them. This Moff is a traitor and his men will share his fate - understood?" 

"Sir yes sir!" replied the rest of Bravura squad team 2.

"Let's try and make it quick, DT-R65 and the others are counting on us as much as we are counting on them! "

"We are dropping in 3...2...1...Jump!"

Under the cover of night they land in the refinery. 

Fondor rafinery destruction

As they strike into the facility they engage the skeletal security crew!

Fondor_Refinery [3]

Planting remote charges and gunning down everyone in sight, they soon take the facility.

Fondor_Refinery [1]

Fondor_Refinery [2]

Under the first morning rays they route the last of Pyerce's forces to the edge of the compound and finish planting their charges. 

"Open up a connection with team 1 Notturno. What's their status?" Feroce gritted his teeth under his helmet - if team 1 is dead it would have been all for nothing... 

"Mission successful sir. We did it." 

"Good." relief washed over him along with the blood of that private he excecuted. "I hope we didn't kill our fellow imperial citicens for nothing." 

Spoiler

Built to work in tandem with Arkum Elo's build in the same category. All those yellow support pieces inspired the build and it went along from there. Size is 32x32... I will link ELO's build once it goes live. Really excited to do story collabs - hopefully it pays off in the end!

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/179670-factions-ep-6-cat-al13-fondor-tt-arrival-on-fondor/

Edited by goatman461
story edits

Good work here. The explosions look great. Love the TT banner in the corner as well.

The yellow pieces really identify it as a refinery type build - it looks great and you've captured the action ever so well

I love the overall feel of the build. The yellow really works here. I also like all the action. But the build feels unfinished to me. Maybe it's the landscape with all the tan kind of blending into the yellow refinery pieces. Maybe it's something else. But that's what I'd focus on for future builds.

The yellow industrial frames and everything is a great choice. You have a really good layout just in general, really.

Going to share my comments here in your post based on the discussion on Discord.

First, I don't have the judge's score sheet up so I don't know who gave what score. We had at least 4 judges for every contest entry this time. Your score is the average of those which means you could have one judge give a 1 and another give an 11 and your average would be 6. That hasn't happened for any entries yet, but it's helpful to keep in mind when looking at your end score.

I personally wanted to address your concerns because I've been in the same place you are. I've had builds that I feel deserve more points and can compare them to others which seem "less better" than mine but which got the same score. It happens sometimes. We as judges all have different things that stick us as good or not good enough when looking at builds. Sometimes all it takes is one or two techniques that elevate a build from crummy to "oh, that's cool." But the reverse is also true and I think that's what got you.

When I look at this MOC I instantly like it. It's well presented, it has action, and the colors pop. But then I start to notice what's not there. The tan rock work along the edges is very plain. It's all studs up and no SNOT. There's nothing that really makes it stand out. And the yellow machinery pops, but it's a lot of stacking of bricks and panels. It's still a really good build. But because it's good it's easy to notice what could have really taken it to the next level. That may seem arbitrary. And we as judges aren't perfect. But sometimes you win some, and sometimes you lose some. If you keep building I guarantee you'll have builds where you think "wow, how did I get that high a score?"

Try not to take it personally. A score is not the end-all-be-all judgement on your building skills. Because judges aren't perfect you just have to ride the tides sometimes. If you have more questions you should reach out to @Darth Bjorn and you can certainly reach out to me too if you want.