Sign in to follow this  
Beagle

Hi there

Hey everybody, just sayin' hi. I've read the posts on Eurobricks for a while now, and decided it was finally time to join myself. After poking around a bit, this definitely seems to be the place to go for any hot-off-the-presses Lego news. I also have been impressed that people on this forum seem thoughtful, intelligent, and very respectful of each other.

As for me, well, I'm American (Northern California), in my late twenties (yeah, I guess that makes me an AFOL), and in the visual arts field. As for my Lego leanings, well, I've religiously collected all the Star Wars sets... but I think my real lego love will always be for the original Castle theme. I also fully appreciate the old-school town, space, and pirate themes, and wish there were more sets like that still being released. Kids these days just don't know what they're missing, lego-wise.

Anyhow, not to ramble, just wanted to chime in and say hi (and come out of the shadows to actually join the conversation). :)

So another American eh? From California as well... I have family that live in San Fransisco, Sacramento, & many in Redding... perhaps close to you, no?

I am sure you will find that this forum is a nice place to come & talk with others about our LEGO addiction...

Enjoy!

Life is Good.

Welcome to our new US friend ;)

Yes, welcome in our friendly community Beagle. I am sure you will love your time with us !!!!

See you around ;)

welcome buddy.... you'll hv a good time here for sure ;)

btw... since you live in California.... hv u been to the legoland?

As for my Lego leanings, well, I've religiously collected all the Star Wars sets... but I think my real lego love will always be for the original Castle theme. I also fully appreciate the old-school town, space, and pirate themes, and wish there were more sets like that still being released. Kids these days just don't know what they're missing, lego-wise.

Oh, such a wise wise wise man... I couldn't agree more!

FBTB, you willl never find, a more wretched hive, of scum and villany! :P Nah, just kiddin'.

But you will never find a forum as wonderful as Eurobricks! :)

You know, I lived in L.A. for four years, you'd think I would have made it to Legoland.... but I never did. It was mostly a time issue. But one of these days I fully intend to go down for a proper trip. I think I have also sort of re-kindled my Lego interest in the past few years, more so than when I lived down there.

Thanks, everyone, for the friendly welcomes! I look forward to chatting with all of you on the forums. (Now I just gotta get me an avatar.)

If you are bold go to LEGOLAND yourself. If you don't like everyone looking at you funny bring a relatives child or go in a group.

Oh, yeah, welcome to Eurobricks!

Welcome to my army. That's right, everyone here is controlled by me. If they deny this it is because I'm making them, if they play along with this, it is because I'm making them.

Soon you will be under my control too.

O yeah hi. Im the crazy member BTW

Welcome to our friendly community Beagle! :)

Nice to see a mix of people from both sides of "the pond" ;)

Jon.

Hello. Welcome to our community.

Sorry for the late welcome.

P.S. I also live in the U.S. (On the other side of the country, however.)

Nice to see a mix of people from both sides of "the pond" ;)

I'd be wonderin how does a sphere have sides? I must be from the 3rd side or something...

Hi! I'm in the US to, Washington specificly. :)

D.C. or State?

Welcome Beagle!

As for your avatar, how about one of those ;)

I'd be wonderin how does a sphere have sides? I must be from the 3rd side or something...

No, you're from down under! :P

Jon.

Just wait till the magnetic poles swap! Then who will be down under!

Have I asked Beagle if he's got any Pirate LEGO yet?

Heh heh, thanks for the avatar suggestions, Hobbes! Quite fitting, indeed!

And to answer Mister Phes, while I don't have any of them still assembled, I have all the original first wave of Pirate sets: the Barracuda, the Caribbean Clipper, Forbidden Island, Eldorado Fortress (still one of my all-time favorite sets), and all the small little sets that came out in that wave. I'm afraid after that wave my interest in Lego diminished a bit, and so I didn't pick up any of the excellent sets that came out later.

But now the interest has been re-awakened... maybe 'cause I'm creeping closer to 30 and feeling my age, and looking back fondly to the pleasures of youth! :$

You just reassemble all those old Pirate sets and your interest will be fully rejuvenated... Its the recommend cure for dminished LEGO interest.

So another American eh? From California as well... I have family that live in San Fransisco, Sacramento, & many in Redding... perhaps close to you, no?

Hey i have family in MT. Shasta and Redding. And many other family in san fransisco too. Nice to know other people from my neck of the woods are here too.