Kevin Hansen

[MOC] Borderlands Outrunner

Hey all,

I just wanted to share a new Lego creation that I just finished up, after a year of working on it.  It's based on the Borderlands video game series and I'm hoping long term fans will enjoy it!

Anyone wanting to see more, including 360 video and free instructions can check out my website or instagram profile.  Thanks!

www.HansenBricks.com

https://www.instagram.com/hansen_bricks/

50175987488_7175dd6a66.jpg

50176528706_02b181c86d.jpg

Edited by Kevin Hansen

Man! This looks outstanding!
I love how it has its own (larger) scale. The color scheme is top-notch, and the design is so unique, it is simply amazing. 
Excellent job, lad. Keep up the great work.

Really nice build, I know nothing about borderlands  but i do know a great build, nice detailing and love the visible engine and suspension work

22 hours ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

Man! This looks outstanding!
I love how it has its own (larger) scale. The color scheme is top-notch, and the design is so unique, it is simply amazing. 
Excellent job, lad. Keep up the great work.

8 hours ago, n1majneb said:

Really nice build, I know nothing about borderlands  but i do know a great build, nice detailing and love the visible engine and suspension work

Thanks so much for the compliments guys!  

Looks beautiful, thanks for sharing! I'm a bit new to the MOC world, but is it common to lock wheels in place for structural stability sacrificing play-ability? Please excuse my ignorance!

incredible! I have played that game, so I am really impressed by its high fidelity!

2 hours ago, zweifuss said:

Looks beautiful, thanks for sharing! I'm a bit new to the MOC world, but is it common to lock wheels in place for structural stability sacrificing play-ability? Please excuse my ignorance!

I think anything generally goes!  Each designer can make whatever choices they wish. :) 

I do know that many people would prefer moving wheels, but there didn't seem to be a way to replicate the source model's visuals without locking the wheels.  Since I wanted this to be a display model, I personally thought that was a fair tradeoff.

Fantastic build! The shaping is excellent.

Edited by JintaiZ

There were quite a few times whileI was playing the Borderland series and contemplating creating an MOC of the Outrunner, but I always put it off. Good thing too as this design is far more superior than mine would ever have been!

Edited by Scene

That's beautiful! A while back, a fellow member on here posted photos of 2 vehicles but he later deleted him and his account is no longer available. I hope he's well. Nonetheless, with a couple other members from the community, we did LDDs of the 2 vehicles, and they turned out alright. Check them out in the thread below. TO me, it was very refreshing to see vehicles that are 'not' supercars, yet with many functions. Look towards the end of the discussion. That's were the final screenshots and LDD files are.

Edited by DrJB