Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

The Eurobricks Flower Show: Winners!

FlowerBanner04.png.87e56feaa0d72944c593d55e04d82556.png

Time to discover the winners of the contest and these fine prizes:

1st Place: 31105 Townhouse Toy Store, 40376 Botanical Accessories, 40375 Sports Accessories, 40312 Street Lamps and 40309 Food Accessories

2nd Place: 31093 Riverside Houseboat, 40376 Botanical Accessories, 40375 Sports Accessories, 40312 Street Lamps and 40309 Food Accessories

3rd Place: 31098 Outback Cabin, 40376 Botanical Accessories, 40375 Sports Accessories, 40312 Street Lamps and 40309 Food Accessories

First Place: Herbalist's Garden by Aurore

50020122527_515d0ee1cb_c.jpg

Joint Runners Up:

Noctura's Garden by Kristel

50024018582_8741ffe39f_c.jpg

and Early Morning in the Water Garden of the Midnight Star by Kritch

50029468462_ea928b69c2_z.jpg

The votes were tied for the second/third place. If you would prefer one or the other prize could you post here to let everyone know? 

If the winners could PM me a name and address for the prizes to be shipped, they will be posted soon!

Once the tags are on the server I can add them to your profiles, which goes for everyone who entered. 

I hope you enjoyed this contest, it was lovely to see all the creative gardens. Thank you for participating :classic: 

Congratulations to all winners. We've got a variety of styles there.

Congrats to everyone, it was impressive how unique each entry was, and how many different stories they told. I feel so grateful and honoured right now! :sweet:

Thank you all, and thank very much @Peppermint_M for hosting this contest!

Congratualtions to @Aurore, I loved that design when I first saw it posted in historical and it deserved all three of my points! The mini-details did it for me, especially the cupcakes for flowerheads and the hidden details like the chameleon.

Well done @Aurore and @Kristel and everyone else. It was a fun contest and it was great to see all the different takes on the challenge.

Thanks @Peppermint_M for organising it.

I'd be very happy with 31098 Outback Cabin

Thanks

Congrats all, well-deserved wins! :thumbup:  I've definitely enjoyed all the garden builds popping up in the forums recently! :classic:

Congrats @Aurore!  You did a great job on the flowers and had some neat other details in there too, a well deserved win.

I am happy that everyone enjoyed the gardens planted around Eurobricks, I hope to have more contests in the future for everyone to enjoy, :grin:

Congrats to the winners! All are well deserved. I especially liked Noctura's Garden as the colors are so striking and fit the character perfectly.

That said, I can't help but feel like it's no coincidence that the top two entries are the two that got frontpaged. That extra exposure probably helped with the votes. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it would be good if the staff won't favor entries like that in future contests. This is not to say that the winners didn't deserve all those votes, I just want it to be fair for everyone in the future.

Anyway, thank you for this fun contest! It encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone and build something I probably otherwise never would have. Looking forward to the next one!

47 minutes ago, Oky said:

That said, I can't help but feel like it's no coincidence that the top two entries are the two that got frontpaged. That extra exposure probably helped with the votes. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it would be good if the staff won't favor entries like that in future contests. This is not to say that the winners didn't deserve all those votes, I just want it to be fair for everyone in the future.

QFA. And to add one more: It might help if the powers that be actually promoted the contest across all sub-forums via respective mod posts instead of relying on people clicking on a banner. 36 votes is pretty laughable, all things considered...

Mylenium

Edited by Mylenium

7 hours ago, Oky said:

Frontpaging is an automatic process from "featuring" a thread now. Any staff and the sub-forum regulators can feature. In future contests I might ask other staff members not to promote any one MOC entry, but I felt it served to promote the contest at this point, especially across platforms now that there is an EB instagram that has a good following. I also felt that the fact that in looking through the voting thread which lists all the MOCs in one post (A post you need to check through to come across the correct numbers to vote for) serves as a chance for people to cast votes for other entries as well as the "promoted" one they intended to award. In fact, very few 3 points were awarded, most people cast 2 and 1 or even three 1 point awards.

Like I said, maybe in future contests I run, I will request in the staff section and of the regulators that they wait until the conclusion of voting to feature MOCs that are entries.

7 hours ago, Mylenium said:

And to add one more: It might help if the powers that be actually promoted the contest across all sub-forums via respective mod posts instead of relying on people clicking on a banner. 36 votes is pretty laughable, all things considered...

It is a forum wide contest that had front page posts and an announcement. Any posts by moderators in their specific sections are just as likely to be ignored as an announcement and front page post. If there was anything else that "popped up" I would be getting complaints from people who didn't like a pop-up or didn't care for the contest.

CONGRATS to all the winners!  Amazing work! It was really fun to see all the flower setups from forum sections all around Eurobricks. So many great creations.

11 hours ago, Oky said:

That said, I can't help but feel like it's no coincidence that the top two entries are the two that got frontpaged. That extra exposure probably helped with the votes.

They got frontpaged because they were impressive enough to a staffer to feature, I'd say it helped the contest as a whole and didn't cause them to win because of the frontpaging. There's no need to cheapen the win with sour grapes like this.  The people voted, they were able to see all entries before they voted. It was all perfectly fair and equitable.

10 hours ago, Mylenium said:

It might help if the powers that be actually promoted the contest across all sub-forums via respective mod posts instead of relying on people clicking on a banner. 36 votes is pretty laughable, all things considered

Wow, come to just complain and not even congratulate the winners. There was a forum wide announcement available the whole time and the frontpage and entries from within most active forum sections. It seems that the contest was known about, there's no reason to flood the forum with spam about it. If people were interested and able to enter they entered, it's as simple as that.

10 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Frontpaging is an automatic process from "featuring" a thread now. Any staff and the sub-forum regulators can feature. In future contests I might ask other staff members not to promote any one MOC entry, but I felt it served to promote the contest at this point, especially across platforms now that there is an EB instagram that has a good following. I also felt that the fact that in looking through the voting thread which lists all the MOCs in one post (A post you need to check through to come across the correct numbers to vote for) serves as a chance for people to cast votes for other entries as well as the "promoted" one they intended to award. In fact, very few 3 points were awarded, most people cast 2 and 1 or even three 1 point awards.

Fair enough. I just wanted to voice a concern I had for contests in general and in no way meant to cheapen the wins in this particular contest. Again, I think that all the wins are fully well deserved and that they would have won regardless. You're probably right that it doesn't make a big difference and, if anything, helps to promote the contest, so please disregard my comment.

Once again, congrats to the winners, and great job to everyone who entered. All the entries were fantastic! :sweet:

13 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

Wow, come to just complain and not even congratulate the winners.

What has this to do with anything? I'm merely commenting on the technical and procedural shortcomings of the contest. Whether I actually like any of the winners is a whole different matter on which I simply choose to not comment on and that is that.

Mylenium

On 8/4/2020 at 8:28 AM, Mylenium said:

QFA. And to add one more: It might help if the powers that be actually promoted the contest across all sub-forums via respective mod posts instead of relying on people clicking on a banner. 36 votes is pretty laughable, all things considered...

Mylenium

Why promote it across all sub-forums? For some, it is not likely to be very relevant. For example, in the Mindstorms / Robotics and in the Action Figures, this one is not really relevant. Also maybe not really relevant in Star Wars, but someone could have done one in a Star Wars theme if they wanted to. In City or Historical, it might be more relevant. So if they announce the contest in every sub-forum, in some places it will be irrelevant, in others highly relevant, and in some not so relevant. If they didn't announce it in Robotics or Star Wars, then those members might feel excluded even if they did want to join in. But others might feel why are you highlighting a competition about flowers in robotics?

Surely it is better to have one announcement on the frontpage, so that the same announcement is shown to everyone, and once.

Also, other sites such as brickset often have competitions and show off some of the entries before closing time. It helps raise awareness and I don't think it affects the results. In this competition, you had to scroll through all the entries to be able to vote. So anyone voting would have seen all the entries.

Congrats to all the winners.  Nice contest with some great entries.  

On 8/22/2020 at 11:11 PM, Legogal said:

Wow! What a wonderful contest! Congrats to Peppermint_M for running this. 

Thanks :sweet: It felt like a nice way to brighten up a lost summer!

Okay; everyone who entered is entitled to this tag: Flower_Show0000.png I will start adding it to profiles now it is securely on EB servers. If you entered and do not want the tag: Please let me know here in thread.

@Kristel

@kritch and@Aurore

Flower_Show0001.png is available for you if you want it!