merman

Issues with 21323 IDEAS Grand Piano

Ok, I am building the set right now but ever since the testing steps in the in instructions I’ve been having trouble making the thing work properly. 

i guess the orange beam (see picture) should be perfectly horizontal or vertical but it hardly ever isn’t. There always seems to be a tooth off of the 24t gear. When I try to fix this by adjusting the gear there seems to arise another problem. There is a calibration button in the app but that doesn’t fix the issue either. 

thing is: calibration works but as soon as I lift the grey stop beam, the orange beam is off one tooth. 

Result: the long axle making the keys move won’t rotate when I play a song. 

also: the smarthub keeps on lighting up in orange and blue. 

who can help?

63028854-C2A3-4694-84D0-04277FE9F211.jpeg

Edited by merman

I know this is a late reply but I got this set and for anyone reading this, the stop beam would work only in reverse (anti-clockwise) -- that is when you hit the reset gear button in the Power Up phone app.  This will reset the piano keys to normal 'rest' position.

I doubt it will be fully aligned or perfectly perpendicular during normal playback.

As for your solution. Anyone new to this new smarthub, it is always a good idea to have fresh batteries. I had to buy new sets of rechargeable batteries just for this so that I do not have to worry about disposable batteries randomly dying.