Sign in to follow this  

nikouTheThiefCollage_488px.jpg

A gang of thieves chases Nikou upon discovering her theft of an emerald gem.

She leads them into a busy market square where she finds herself trapped between the gang on one side and the town guard on the other. Scaling a statue at the center of the square gives her brief reprieve from her would-be captors.

As the walls close in around her, Nikou makes an acrobatic leap over the head of one of the guards leaving the gang and the guards to sort themselves out.

This was going to be the second of three scenes for the Just Another "Normal" Day category of the Summer Joust competition, but my partner was unable to complete their portions.  Though not mentioned in the story, it takes place in Petraea.

I am also submitting this for the Doctorate of Historica for the following two qualifications:

• General Building  minifig posing
  • Anthropology → life in Kaliphlin

Nice immersiveness to this scene and neat idea to edit in lines for speed.  +1 for both UoP credits!

Nice background for this "action scene".  It's crazy just how much work does into framing the minifigs in a story-driven build sometimes!  I also like the comic-esc presentation here.

Nice build! The buildings are great at the back and I like the statue! The only thing that bothers me a bit is that the ground texture has a bit too many colours in it.

On 8/3/2020 at 1:27 PM, Kai NRG said:

Nice immersiveness to this scene and neat idea to edit in lines for speed.  +1 for both UoP credits!

I'm glad the 'speed lines' looked good

On 8/4/2020 at 4:20 PM, mrcp6d said:

Nice background for this "action scene".  It's crazy just how much work does into framing the minifigs in a story-driven build sometimes!  I also like the comic-esc presentation here.

I'm happy with how the buildings turned out, but you're right, it is a fair amount of work, but in this case, I only had to do the facade, so overall it wasn't too bad.

On 8/17/2020 at 2:11 AM, (Luc)ky Luke said:

Nice build! The buildings are great at the back and I like the statue! The only thing that bothers me a bit is that the ground texture has a bit too many colours in it.

I'm glad you enjoy the buildings - it was my first attempt at this style.

I wanted to experiment with what a typical Kaliphlinian street would look like.  The streets in other MOCs sometimes blend into the buildings (too much tan) or are too gray.  While building, I worried that it was too colorful, but struck with it for this MOC to see how it turned out and to get feedback.  I appreciate your criticism.