TheBeeze

Phase 3 Discussion

Many years ago, a partner in a crisis management course spoke about birds with flammable materials attached to the legs. 

While flying and before dying, many fires can start.

Drones also can be used.

Hope those who burn end up in jail. 

It's been quiet here, is my build not approved @TheBeeze?

I know the conflict was a bit of an afterthought, I focused so much on making the Mine located on M13 and then I found a cool Stock Photo of a Mine and I just tried recreating that as faithfully as possible instead of considering the scene/story possiblities. But it's not that bad is it? I have a concept for a next build that should be much better in the scene/story departement.

31 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

It's been quiet here, is my build not approved @TheBeeze?

I know the conflict was a bit of an afterthought, I focused so much on making the Mine located on M13 and then I found a cool Stock Photo of a Mine and I just tried recreating that as faithfully as possible instead of considering the scene/story possiblities. But it's not that bad is it? I have a concept for a next build that should be much better in the scene/story departement.

Hi, this could be because your team leader has not yet formalized the actions for your current turn, maybe, and consequently @TheBeeze is waiting for your WARs to be sent and approved before approving your moc, perhaps.

Edited by ParmBrick

I have not received the forms from @Faladrin as of yet. If he is not reachable, let me know and we'll work something out with your team. 

On 8/31/2021 at 3:32 PM, TheBeeze said:

I have not received the forms from @Faladrin as of yet. If he is not reachable, let me know and we'll work something out with your team. 

That's strange, he has always been punctual in sending the WARs, maybe he is on vacation, but in this case he could have sent them earlier, taking turns just starting. Anyway I hope he's fine, with the covid around I don't want it to be infected ...:sceptic: In any case, is it not possible to choose a representative among the KLR faction aware of the movements of this turn and momentarily take the place of the team leader by sending the WARs in place of Faladrin? Otherwise for them the turn could be skipped with considerable repercussions on the game. Just an idea, of course.

Edited by ParmBrick

On 8/31/2021 at 3:32 PM, TheBeeze said:

Well according to his profile Faladrin was last online the 25th of August, the KLR sub forum has also been pretty much dead for the last few months now.

On 9/2/2021 at 12:38 AM, ParmBrick said:

In any case, is it not possible to choose a representative among the KLR faction aware of the movements of this turn and momentarily take the place of the team leader by sending the WARs in place of Faladrin? Otherwise for them the turn could be skipped with considerable repercussions on the game. Just an idea, of course. 

Good idea, a deputy faction head makes sense! :thumbup:

Considering that we are not going to build in the same grids and we have until the end of the monta to post our builds, I would wait.

If, on sep 16, there are no news, I can retrieve the movements of the KLR and submit anything (which type of document) to @TheBeeze

I'll address the @Faladrin situation in the KLR subforum and we'll work something out. 

Apologies for my own absence as of late. For those that don't know the US was hit by a big storm and I participated in relief efforts for family that was hit hard. I've answered all of your PMs. Do not let me delay the game at all. I will have some news coming soon about some things in the pipeline *Fingers Crossed*

22 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

I'll address the @Faladrin situation in the KLR subforum and we'll work something out. 

Apologies for my own absence as of late. For those that don't know the US was hit by a big storm and I participated in relief efforts for family that was hit hard. I've answered all of your PMs. Do not let me delay the game at all. I will have some news coming soon about some things in the pipeline *Fingers Crossed*

Great work! I admire you and your work! :pir-thumb: Ida it was an damn beast, as the Italian media described it, luckily there were few victims even if the damage was substantial. Can't wait to see what news might come!

I want to point out that there are 4 Side Missions currently unlocked and out in the open. These missions not only yield a lot of $ and perks but they provide a lot of intel for the future of the game and making moves. 

Anyone who has one of these missions might want to discuss and share the intel within their team. Additionally, I will extend the deadline on all of them indefinitely as only 1 prior was completed by @French Man

7 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

I want to point out that there are 4 Side Missions currently unlocked and out in the open. These missions not only yield a lot of $ and perks but they provide a lot of intel for the future of the game and making moves. 

Anyone who has one of these missions might want to discuss and share the intel within their team. Additionally, I will extend the deadline on all of them indefinitely as only 1 prior was completed by @French Man

Ah I messaged you before reading this, the indefinite deadline is welcome as I am currently dealing with 6 day work weeks + my apprenticeship which means a lot of school/homework as well. I have almost stressingly little time for myself to unwind which also hurts how much I can do with Lego at the moment obv

When it rains, it pours. Just wanted to let you guys know I've had a few things going on so I apologize for the slow responses. I promise I will get to you. 

Reminder to team leaders that I have not been notified about or approved War Report Submissions so players shouldn't be putting up next round builds yet. 

4 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Reminder to team leaders that I have not been notified about or approved War Report Submissions so players shouldn't be putting up next round builds yet. 

I'm working on it and define strategy

On 10/2/2021 at 5:27 PM, Brickwolf said:

W.A.R.form sent.

I did not receive an approval (yet), did not know that it is required.

Edited by Brickwolf

I find myself in a difficult position, but I have to announce that I'll be either on a GBW hiatus and/or quitting the game.

My gripe is that with my current life situation I have maybe enough spare time to build 1 Lego MOC per two months (roughly), the past few months I've tried to stay active at GBW and build (sometimes rush something out even though I am not satisfied with it) for GBW.

However there are so many things I desire to work on. Like Sci-Fi or Medieval themed MOC ideas that wouldn't even remotely fit into the GBW (so I can't dual build/convert or something like that) that I haven't build because I've always put GBW first, ultimately this is just burning out my entire interest in the hobby and it's not good for me.

8 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

I find myself in a difficult position, but I have to announce that I'll be either on a GBW hiatus and/or quitting the game.

My gripe is that with my current life situation I have maybe enough spare time to build 1 Lego MOC per two months (roughly), the past few months I've tried to stay active at GBW and build (sometimes rush something out even though I am not satisfied with it) for GBW.

However there are so many things I desire to work on. Like Sci-Fi or Medieval themed MOC ideas that wouldn't even remotely fit into the GBW (so I can't dual build/convert or something like that) that I haven't build because I've always put GBW first, ultimately this is just burning out my entire interest in the hobby and it's not good for me.

I understand you well. I do not have the material space to put all my mocs, and consequently I build and destroy my dioramas, I only keep the vehicles that I like the most, moreover, many of these vehicles I'm moving them to a temporary location to gain space in my house. I am also graduating at the university in science, and as a result I no longer have time to make higher quality dioramas as was the case with phase 2 of the game. I hope better times come, with some more availability. However, I think it is a widespread feeling today, with the end of the summer holidays, work and the looming covid.:cry_happy: Hope you get out of this phase, because you are very good and I would like to see you build something for us in the future!:pir-thumb:

10 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

I understand you well. I do not have the material space to put all my mocs, and consequently I build and destroy my dioramas, I only keep the vehicles that I like the most, moreover, many of these vehicles I'm moving them to a temporary location to gain space in my house. I am also graduating at the university in science, and as a result I no longer have time to make higher quality dioramas as was the case with phase 2 of the game. I hope better times come, with some more availability. However, I think it is a widespread feeling today, with the end of the summer holidays, work and the looming covid.:cry_happy: Hope you get out of this phase, because you are very good and I would like to see you build something for us in the future!:pir-thumb:

Thanks Parm, yeah I wouldn't necessarily want to never build anything for GBW again, I just want some time to work on non-GBW projects. I'm not sure if I can partake in some alternative way in GBW other then the monthly builds. But at the very least for another year and a half I'll be in this situation.

Because in 1 and a half years from now I'll be done with my education, I've mentioned this already I think but I'm working full time while getting a degree for working in *mental health care in my own free time (which I should finish in 1 and a half year) + other personal responsibilities. Which all adds up.

*Actually no clue what this is called in English, I can't find it exactly online either, basically aiding people living with some kind of combination of a psychiatric disorder + light mental disability (IQ 50-70) and often times some (former) addiction like drugs or alcohol.

On 11/12/2021 at 11:03 AM, Brickwolf said:

@Dutch Thriceman Real life comes first. If you want to build something other than GBW, go for it. I wish you all the best!

18 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

We are here. When you want to join us, the door is always open. 

Thanks guys!

I propose (idea came from a team member) to make the December turn a two month turn (December 21 and January 22) to solve scheduling issues with the christmas holidays and year´s end. Holidays are hectic for most people. No need for GBW to add more stress.